Page 205 of 533 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Jun 2011
    Czech Republic

Re: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Bahra good job, man. Well done

Quote Originally Posted by Bahra View Post
    Thanks, but complete sideboard guides are asking for a bit much, if someone (SCG) paid me to write a guide to D&T I would do it. But I have written articles before and I really don't enjoy it.
    No problem. I am fairly new to the deck and struggle with sideboard strategy. I usally know what to bring in its what to take out that is hard for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahra View Post
    I love Mangara too but with all the UR delver, he's terrible. However, when these slow UWR stoneblade decks are starting to get really popular, he might be good again. It's hard to say, but I wouldn't fault you for playing Mangara in this meta.
    First of all, congratulations on the finish. About time DnT got back on top.

There's one thing I'd like to mention: over on the salvation forums some people are advocating a green splash for Gaddok Teeg. The benefits would appear to be huge on paper (miracles, elves, new delve cards), and the risks relatively low in the current meta (wasteland and stifle are at an all time low).

Ever considered this? What's your (and everyone else's) opinion on it?

Dec 2013
    Chicago

I managed to 4-0 my weekly Monday event with a list very similar to bahra's, but with an additional cataclysm to account for the amount of miracles locally. The maindeck priest seemed fine, and frees up a bit of room in the board, which is nice. I might try a mangara in that slot though, which seems good with the surge of uwr stoneblade and miracles. I will say that containment priest did a ton of work against my maverick opponent, and would've been great against dredge if I drew it. The potency of the card is undeniable. Being a flash threat against miracles is also not insignificant. One last thing, I learned from bahra's match on camera that the first equipment he usually fetches against miracles seems to be sword, not batterskull like i had always done before. In hindsight this makes a lot of sense, but I am dumb so it took seeing the game play out to understand the logic. When the germ gets term unused along with all you other dudes, early, you don't have the mana to equip right away, most of the time. Sword just keeps making all your dudes into must answers.

Jun 2008
    Toronto, Canada

This is a deck I thoroughly enjoyed playing. I would love to do another primer for it. If people want me to, of course :)

Right Hand of Doom
    Sep 2011
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by razvan View Post
    This is a deck I thoroughly enjoyed playing. I would love to do another primer for it. If people want me to, of course :)
    No offense, but Finn's the authority on that; I don't think anyone else should be responsible for the primer, he's done a lot for the archetype.

Your Jund primer is very well done, though. :)
    "Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons."

I write articles about Legacy Death and Taxes. Check them out.

Jun 2008
    Toronto, Canada

D'aww fine. I would have called it "The idiot's guide to Death and Taxes!"

I am THE authority on idiot's guides!

Right Hand of Doom
    Sep 2011
    Maine

D'aww fine. I would have called it "The idiot's guide to Death and Taxes!"

I am THE authority on idiot's guides!
    Hey, it helped me learn how to play Jund! :)

Jun 2008
    Toronto, Canada

Yea, wish I learned it myself. I could have top-8ed the Legacy champs easily if I didn't cock it up like I was being paid for it.

Are there any actual DnT guides though? On the source?

Right Hand of Doom
    Sep 2011
    Maine

Yea, wish I learned it myself. I could have top-8ed the Legacy champs easily if I didn't cock it up like I was being paid for it.

Are there any actual DnT guides though? On the source?
    The Primer is all I know of on the Source; I do have a blog about D&T, however, that covers a lot of beginner-level stuff. And there is the Salvation thread and the dozen or so articles on SCG and others like it.

Bahra,

Congrats man! Love to see DnT win. Always.

I'm also kicking myself b/c I had a mainboard DnT only 2 cards different (2 caverns instead of flagstone, and 2 brimaz instead of 1 containment priest) and I ended up last minute not being able to go. So happy to see a mainboard so similar kick ass (Bahra's sideboard is definitely though 6 cards different and probably a bit better for the meta)

You played like a champ and it's beautiful to see a deck that doesn't run treasure cruise take home the big prize.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

You can allways check the primer (The one in MTG salvation might be a little bit more detailled) and suggest anything to Finn. He's quite open when it comes to updating the primer with good advice !

Just came back from GP Strasbourg, where i skipped the limited-tournament and grinded the 6-rounds-legacy-tournaments (+ one 8man 3 round-tournament)
    -> went 15:0 (6:0, 3:0, 6:0) for 15 displays Khans of Tarkir, which i splitted with friend. Great deck i have to say, credits for the board (and the 4. flickerwisp) completely for Bahra! Too tired to write a detailed report but still i wanted to share my list.

"Tod durch Steuern"

10x plains
    2x flagstones of trokair
    3x karakas
    4x wasteland
    4x rishadan port

4x mother of runes
    4x stoneforge mystic
    4x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    3x phyrexian revoker
    4x flickerwisp
    2x Spirit of the Labyrinth
    2x aven mindcensor (are in my opinion MD still better than containment priests, due to the anti-synergie with aether vial)
    1x Mangara of Corondor
    2x serra avenger

4x swords to plowshares
    4x aether vial
    1x umezawa's jitte
    1x sword of fire and ice
    1x batterskull

SB:
    3x ethersworn canonist
    2x containment priest
    2x enlightened Tutor
    1x circle of protection: red
    1x absolute law
    2x sunlance
    1x manriki-gusari
    1x cataclysm
    1x rest in peace
    1x ratchet bomb

Once more, BIG thanks Bahra, for putting up such a great sideboard-plan! (even if i still don't like the gutshots :-) )

Greetz from Germany,
    Marius Hausmann

Quote Originally Posted by Wasteland View Post
    Just came back from GP Strasbourg, where i skipped the limited-tournament and grinded the 6-rounds-legacy-tournaments (+ one 8man 3 round-tournament)
    -> went 15:0 (6:0, 3:0, 6:0) for 15 displays Khans of Tarkir, which i splitted with friend. Great deck i have to say, credits for the board (and the 4. flickerwisp) completely for Bahra! Too tired to write a detailed report but still i wanted to share my list.

"Tod durch Steuern"

10x plains
    2x flagstones of trokair
    3x karakas
    4x wasteland
    4x rishadan port

4x mother of runes
    4x stoneforge mystic
    4x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    3x phyrexian revoker
    4x flickerwisp
    2x Spirit of the Labyrinth
    2x aven mindcensor (are in my opinion MD still better than containment priests, due to the anti-synergie with aether vial)
    1x Mangara of Corondor
    2x serra avenger

4x swords to plowshares
    4x aether vial
    1x umezawa's jitte
    1x sword of fire and ice
    1x batterskull

SB:
    3x ethersworn canonist
    2x containment priest
    2x enlightened Tutor
    1x circle of protection: red
    1x absolute law
    2x sunlance
    1x manriki-gusari
    1x cataclysm
    1x rest in peace
    1x ratchet bomb

Once more, BIG thanks Bahra, for putting up such a great sideboard-plan! (even if i still don't like the gutshots :-) )

Greetz from Germany,
    Marius Hausmann

Great to hear that you did well Marius! That's a very impressive record!

Bahra (or anyone else playing them MD),

How has the 1-of containment priest been for you? It still looks a little odd to me. I haven't had a chance to test as I do not play a ton of Legacy. Just wondering where my 75 should be.

Thank you!

The main deck priest was fine for the gp, but overall was pretty meh. Is probably turning into a mangara to help with the resurgence of uwr stone blade

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

While I've played this deck for over a year, I'm still not sure about sideboarding Ratchet Bomb. I've run it before, but it always felt awkward and I think most of that is me trying to use it in the wrong match-ups or boarding it in for the wrong things. I'm probably missing something obvious though.

If you run one, what do you bring it in against? What do you often take out for it?

Thanks for any clarification you can offer me.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Right Hand of Doom
    Sep 2011
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    While I've played this deck for over a year, I'm still not sure about sideboarding Ratchet Bomb. I've run it before, but it always felt awkward and I think most of that is me trying to use it in the wrong match-ups or boarding it in for the wrong things. I'm probably missing something obvious though.

If you run one, what do you bring it in against? What do you often take out for it?

Thanks for any clarification you can offer me.
    I, too, have failed to see the allure of RB, but I think it is simply a catch-all for those running the Enlightened Tutor board.

I think the effect is decent, especially at zero for UR Delver (YP tokens, flipped delvers), Miracles and Chalice decks. Setting it to one is tricky but worth it vs Elves or the mirror

I bring it in as a 1of against any delver-deck, together with absolute law against UR...
    Against miracle you have 4 swords to board out - i bring in 1 cataclysm, 1 ratchet bomb and 2 ethersworn canonist (which is better then you might think against snapcaster or even eot brainstorm into miracle-spell)
    It's just a quite flexible card - as you said best on 0 -, and can be used too against such shitty piles like belcher, against them you have with the 2 tutors 3 outs against empty-Tokens...
    By the way, a quite decent bonus against chalice-decks is, that you can take out the mox diamond(s) too. (Though i have to admit that in grindy games flickerwisp gets this job done too very well :-) )
    Even in the mirror i would bring it in - even if you have sometimes to destroy one of your own guys it maybe will steal some games (in any case its better then leaving the Thalias MD after boarding...)
    Greetz,
    Marius

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Ok, that's kind of what I was thinking it was for. I just have never drawn it in those situations. I'll probably still run it. Thanks guys.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Thread Information