Page 394 of 533 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444494 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,880 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Re: [DTB] Death and Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    Yeah, it's a pretty sick card. But like most sick cards, it's also bad.

It's kind of a shame there aren't any pushed RW creatures in Magic, actually not very many good RW multicolored cards at all. Means they have room to print new ones though...
    After the infamy of Lightning Helix, Wizards saw no need to print any further RW cards.

Unless a red card has the same power level as either Magus of the Moon or Pia and Kiran Nalaar, I highly doubt I will include it into my personal 75.

As much as I like damage-y hatebear I have zero interest in letting my opponent play Magic. I could see it maindeckable in Burn though.

Aug 2014
    Central New York

Quote Originally Posted by gh0st_b1rd View Post
    Unless a red card has the same power level as either Magus of the Moon or Pia and Kiran Nalaar, I highly doubt I will include it into my personal 75.

As much as I like damage-y hatebear I have zero interest in letting my opponent play Magic. I could see it maindeckable in Burn though.
    I think Harsh Mentor deserves testing though. For starters, he's 1R (not out of the question to cast) and human (cavern friendly). IIRC, Deathrite's 1st ability is not considered a mana ability --- isn't it a GY ability that results in making mana? The prospect of making the opponent lose life from using DRS, Top, Waste is silly. In the mirror he gets really bonkers with vial, mom, SFM, port, waste, karakas-bouncing, and equipment resulting in damage. Since he isn't a legend, you can stack multiple copies for "use an ability, deal 2/4/6 to yourself." I think he's viable in the format and it's a matter of determining whether he's worth MD slots, keeping him in the SB, or making a new deck. I'm curious if UR delver or pure R burn play him over existing choices.

I cannot see a better home for it than in UR Delver. I'll be playing WR Taxes by Vegas, I would imagine. I'm just 2x Magii of the Moon shy of it now, and I'll be getting a set of these for Delver anyway, and I like the red splash a lot.

Edit: Do you think it's wasted space to play both Jailer and Mangara? I'll obviously be playing a Jailer to test, but I am not sure if it's worth playing both. Also, has the nonbo of Jailer and SotL come up for you guys? Think it's still okay to play both?
    Last edited by Secretly.A.Bee; 04-13-2017 at 04:01 AM.

I'm writing up a primer about the Food Chain matchup. I'd love to hear how you sideboard for this one. I'm mostly interested in what you are trimming or cutting from the main.

-4 StP
    -2 Wasteland
    -1 SoWP
    -1 Jailer (if playing Mangara in this slot, I would drop a Flickerwisp instead)

+2 PtE
    +2 CJ
    +2 Canonist
    +1 BSkull
    +1 Prelate

I have no real clue, but that's how I boarded last weekend. Seemed to be okay.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Medea_ View Post
    I'm writing up a primer about the Food Chain matchup. I'd love to hear how you sideboard for this one. I'm mostly interested in what you are trimming or cutting from the main.
    +2 Ethersworn Canonist. Stops them from comboing off to kill you or just stops them from getting 9+ power on board.
    +1 Leonin Relic Warder/Sanctum Prelate. Taking out a Food Chain is good enough here. Naming 3 with Prelate takes out Engineered Plague, Toxic Deluge, and Food Chain.

-2 Thalia. She isn't awful in the matchup, but I never want to see more than one throughout. She doesn't stop them from comboing, but still puts on enough early game pressure I don't board out all four.
    -1 Plains/Swords to Plowshares. They aren't playing Wasteland so taking out a Plains is pretty safe. Swords is bad versus griffin, but you really want to hit their early Deathrite Shaman's to help your mana denial plan or Baleful Strix's to push through damage. I'd never take out more than one though and it's probably safer to board out a Plains.

That's what I'd do with my build. I don't think Gideon is very good in this match as he does nothing versus the combo and matches up poorly versus Griffin's. Council's Judgment is also fine. I'm more concerned with the Food chain player naming horror with Plague than human so having an extra piece of artifact/enchantment removal is good.

Jun 2015
    NYC

If you're playing Pithing Needle, you should be bringing it in for Walking Ballista.

For real? You think that it's necessary with 3 Revoker?

Aug 2016
    Charlotte, NC

Food Chain is a mana ability. Revoker shuts it off, Needle doesn't. They both can shut down Ballista, though.

Ballista will clean up your board as Mom and equipment do nothing to protect your stuff.

Jun 2015
    NYC

Revoker has a lot of weight on its shoulders now - DRS, Ballista, Food Chain. If you name Food Chain they are likely to have at least 8 ways (4 Ballista, 4 Decay) to kill it, along with a few sideboard cards, most likely. So yeah, I think bringing in Needle if you play one is definitely right, and it would be even if you were playing 4 Revoker in your list. Walking Ballista absolutely wrecks us.

That's true. I have a GPT Saturday as well as Sunday. I'm not really into writing reports, but I will post matchups and my results. Decklist after this weekend. Nothing fancy.

We were so close to human Flickerwisp...

It's a taunt, not a near miss...😭

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post

Probably too slow
    Broken link...

Now this card is very, very good. Flash-Wisp is also very good and I would definitely run that over the 4th copy of Flickerwisp.

Quote Originally Posted by gh0st_b1rd View Post
    Now this card is very, very good. Flash-Wisp is also very good and I would definitely run that over the 4th copy of Flickerwisp.
    can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not

Super Secret Tech "Ooh...shiny!"
    Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Can't understand wanting the new new border if you have a choice, for any reason. You have to be a casual or have rickets.
    Cockatrice: EMFry

I wasn't being sarcastic. I'm stoked to tutor for this off Recruiter and just start cranking back dead Moms, Revokers and SFM.

Likewise I also quite enjoy Human-Wisp as an idea to try out. The fact that those creatures are Human makes playing a heavy Cavern of Souls version appealing.

Thread Information