Page 529 of 533 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533 LastLast
Results 10,561 to 10,580 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Re: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Could you please elaborate? Flickerwisp does extend your board and can target an opponent's permanent. This is why we use it instead of stonecloaker.
    (On Stonecloaker) Think about how often you use Flickerwisp to save a creature of yours from removal, instead of denying your opponent a permanent for a turn/combat step. I know I do quite often. Add 2 toughness, built-in, pre-board graveyard interaction, and "native" flash to the mix, and you have a winner in my book.

I'm also intrigued by Charming Prince, but I guess you'd want to build around a little to benefit from its flicker mode some more. Recruiter of the Guard, Soulherder, Kitchen Finks, Stalking Leonin, Devoted Crop-Mate, Renegade Rallier, ... so many juicy possibilities for interactions somewhere between cute and backbreaking.

@Secretly.A.Bee: How has the WR canopy-in-spirit been treating you? Can you share your thoughts on which specific D&T problems the R splash is solving for you?

Also, I feel like revisiting Wg for (amongst others) Scavenging Ooze could be a solution to the apparent W&6 problem.

@Secretly.A.Bee: How has the WR canopy-in-spirit been treating you? Can you share your thoughts on which specific D&T problems the R splash is solving for you?

Also, I feel like revisiting Wg for (amongst others) Scavenging Ooze could be a solution to the apparent W&6 problem.
    Sunbaked Canyon is fine. I always play a horizon land in DnT traditionally so late game I get a little card advantage, especially if Im land heavy early.

Red just takes me to another level in certain matchups. PKN grinds better than anything else I've seen, which is good against heavy control like miracles and mentor. Magus and Prelate do much work vs. Lands and blue soup (Czech Pile-esque lists).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I finished 14th at Eternal Weekend with the following list :

Main :
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Giver of Runes
    3 Flickerwisp
    3 Mirran Crusader
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Tomik, Distinguished Advokist
    2 Serra Avenger
    1 Recruiter of the Guard
    1 Sanctum Prelate

4 Aether Vial
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Batterskull

12 Plains
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    3 Karakas

Board :
    2 Cataclysm
    2 Path to Exile
    3 Council's Judgement
    3 Rest in Peace
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Palace Jailer
    1 Recruiter of the Guard
    2 Chalice of the Void

I wasn't planning on attending until the last minute. Plans with my group dematerialized, and I couldn't find anyone else to travel with. But I still had the days off...and I really wanted to play some legacy so I made the 6.5 hour drive myself. I opted to play a more aggro style list than I have lately with seven fliers and three Crusaders.

I arrived Friday and played in a last chance trial. I beat Alex Bastecki on RUG Delver, Hans Jacob Goddick on Miracles, and someone whose name I forgot on 4c Snow Control to win a round one bye.

R1 : Bye
    R2 : 2-0 vs Depths (Robert Hayes)
    R3 : 2-0 vs Bomberman (Jody Keith)
    R4 : 1-2 vs RUG Delver (Adam Vincik)
    R5 : 2-0 vs Karn/Mystic Forge (Matt Deminico)
    R6 : 2-1 vs Depths (Chris Medykiewicz)
    R7 : 2-0 vs Depths (Gary Yeager)
    R8 : 0-2 vs RUG Delver (Alex Bastecki)
    R9 : 2-0 vs Red Prison (Robert Beatty)
    R10 : 2-1 vs Miracles (Adam Grosse)

The list felt great, and I played pretty well. I don't think I made any errors that cost me games. I lost a couple of the delver games to their aggressive starts backed up by countermagic, and another to Wrenn/Oko.

Some highlights include :
    - Resetting Bomberman's Chalice with Flickerwisp
    - Turn one Chalice on zero on Bomberman, and porting him out of playing Karn.
    - Equipped Mirran Crusader doing his thing through a Marit Lage. Crusader getting lethal through Marit Lage happened more than once.
    - Flickerwisping two Ensnaring Bridges to to swing for lethal against the Mystic Forge deck
    - Beating Chalice on one, Chalice on two, three Ensnaring Bridges, and an opponent who had all the land because Sanctum Prelate locked his four drops in hand.
    - Beating the same opponent in the next game after he Chaliced on two on turn two. I followed with a turn three Prelate on four. He had a dead Abrade and Karn.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by AntiquatedNotion View Post
    I finished 14th at Eternal Weekend with the following list :

Main :
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Giver of Runes
    3 Flickerwisp
    3 Mirran Crusader
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Serra Avenger
    1 Recruiter of the Guard
    1 Sanctum Prelate

4 Aether Vial
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Batterskull

12 Plains
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    3 Karakas

Board :
    2 Cataclysm
    2 Path to Exile
    3 Council's Judgement
    3 Rest in Peace
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Palace Jailer
    1 Recruiter of the Guard
    2 Chalice of the Void

I wasn't planning on attending until the last minute. Plans with my group dematerialized, and I couldn't find anyone else to travel with. But I still had the days off...and I really wanted to play some legacy so I made the 6.5 hour drive myself. I opted to play a more aggro style list than I have lately with seven fliers and three Crusaders.

I arrived Friday and played in a last chance trial. I beat Alex Bastecki on RUG Delver, Hans Jacob Goddick on Miracles, and someone whose name I forgot on 4c Snow Control to win a round one bye.

R1 : Bye
    R2 : 2-0 vs Depths (Robert Hayes)
    R3 : 2-0 vs Bomberman (Jody Keith)
    R4 : 1-2 vs RUG Delver (Adam Vincik)
    R5 : 2-0 vs Karn/Mystic Forge (Matt Deminico)
    R6 : 2-1 vs Depths (Chris Medykiewicz)
    R7 : 2-0 vs Depths (Gary Yeager)
    R8 : 0-2 vs RUG Delver (Alex Bastecki)
    R9 : 2-0 vs Red Prison (Robert Beatty)
    R10 : 2-1 vs Miracles (Adam Grosse)

The list felt great, and I played pretty well. I don't think I made any errors that cost me games. I lost a couple of the delver games to their aggressive starts backed up by countermagic, and another to Wrenn/Oko.

Some highlights include :
    - Resetting Bomberman's Chalice with Flickerwisp
    - Turn one Chalice on zero on Bomberman, and porting him out of playing Karn.
    - Equipped Mirran Crusader doing his thing through a Marit Lage. Crusader getting lethal through Marit Lage happened more than once.
    - Flickerwisping two Ensnaring Bridges to to swing for lethal against the Mystic Forge deck
    - Beating Chalice on one, Chalice on two, three Ensnaring Bridges, and an opponent who had all the land because Sanctum Prelate locked his four drops in hand.
    - Beating the same opponent in the next game after he Chaliced on two on turn two. I followed with a turn three Prelate on four. He had a dead Abrade and Karn.
    Congrats. Good to see that our beloved archetype can still post good results.

What's your feedback on the use of Giver of runes instead of Mother of runes? Did you regret not being able to protect giver of runes when she's alone on the battlefield?

In a vacuum, Mom is better, but I think the x/1 body is too much of a liability in the current meta. If W&6 were to be banned, I'm sure I'd switch back to Mom. I believe there was one situation this weekend where Giver ate removal that she couldn't protect herself from. And another where it may have been helpful for her to try to wall a Goyf to buy me some time.

I play 3 mom, 2 giver. It's been perfect for me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4-3 at the Dutch Open with mono white D&T. Only match-up that felt unwinnable was bant snow. True-name blade with Oko and a ton of basics is kind of stupid.

Lands (23):
    6 Plains
    4 Snow-Covered Plains
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    3 Karakas
    2 Flagstones of Trokair

Creatures (26):
    3 Giver of Runes
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Charming Prince
    3 Flickerwisp
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    2 Mirran Crusader
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Palace Jailer

Other (12):
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Aether Vial
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Council's Judgment

Sideboard (15):
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Council's Judgment
    2 Chalice of the Void
    2 Deafening Silence
    2 Path to Exile
    2 Cataclysm
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Leonin Relic-Warder

First time playing with princes and they were awesome. Council's in the main didn't really do much.

R1: 2-0 against GW depths.
    - Game 1, I get a quick giver + tomik.
    - Game 2, I counter his ghost quarter by vialing in Tomik. He is squeezed for mana for the rest of the game, as he slows his own mox with ouphe, which I plow after playing my own revoker on mox (making my vial live again). When he finally goes for the combo to see if I have it, I had the wisp ready for a few turns already.

R2: 1-2 against Grixis delver.
    - I lost game 1 to a double delver start with nothing but lands on my end. I actually somehow got to 6 plains and no spells before my puzzled opponent beat me to death. I should have mulled this (4 plains on 6, two 3-drops), but I think it would have been a mull to five and the massive mana flood would have cost me the game anyhow.
    - Game 2, he got brainstorm-locked and I had double waste. He did actually side wrong because he saw nothing but plains game 1. Guess people really don’t expect d&t anymore.
    - Game 3, I grind him down with double port. I lose in part to a greedy play of casting jitte, rather than using SFM, for tempo reasons, and in part because he has a blowout brazen follower to win the race, followed up with a bolt for lethal and a plague engineer for back-up (shrinking my crusader).

R3: Dredge 2-1
    - Game 1: I almost manage to grind all his bridges and ichorids out, but just barely fail to stabilize due to missing two land drops.
    - Game 2: I have a turn 2 RIP after a turn 1 vial. He has an end step nature’s claim, followed by looting + LED to get 2 zombies, hogaak and Iona on the table. I take care of Iona with Karakas, so he makes a huge grave-troll + casts Hogaak again, and doesn’t attack to keep his 3 bridges alive. I slam my second RIP, karakas hogaak and he scoops.
    - Game 3: I have a surgical, but he has looting into discard thug and imp. So I wait, as he goes end step street wraith and draw step dredge. He fails to dredge any other dredgers. The next turn, I drop a revoker on LED and waste his land the turn after, locking him out of the game.

R4: White Eldrazi 2-1
    - Game 1: He has a slow start, which allows me to play out my entire hand before his first TKS hits (SFM-ing in a sword in response of the trigger). The TKS prevents me from attacking with a ¾ SFM and he does manages to land a smasher. He opts to attack me down to 5, rather than keep a blocker for my SFM + sword. The draw trigger from sword helps me find both jailer and the 4th land I needed. I jail the smasher and he loses to the extra draws from monarch and sword.
    - Game 2: He gets double early TKS after starting with spyglass on wasteland.
    - Game 3: He starts with chalice and follows up with TKS on my SFM. He doesn’t take my two plows because of his chalice, but I topdeck a wisp. Turn 3, I’m forced to council a displacer, so only turn 4 can I wisp the chalice and use one of my plows. The next turn, plow + jailer take over the game despite being low on life.

R5: Bomberman 2-1
    - Game 1: vial + double port keeps him out of the game.
    - Game 2: My clock is too slow and I fail to find mana disruption. He can land the combo and draw his whole deck with a bauble. I should have mulled this.
    - Game 3: Goes very, very long, with multiple Karns (scion and creator). He does not find the combo or lacks the mana for it, or is locked under my chalice on zero, but can go pretty dangerous with a mentor. After he plays a second mentor, I’m forced to attack with a stoneforge into a 2/2 construct to kill one of the mentors. I then manage to nerf the last mentor somewhat with deafening silence, yet to find more substance, I’m forced to use my jailer on a construct token (knowing that a mentor would come back as I can’t keep this monarch) to dig deeper. After he attacks to take back the monarch, I can use council to remove his last blocker, connect with jitte and kill the second mentor. He can strike back to get me down from 5 to 1 (no more due to deafening silence), but on the rebound I wipe all his creatures with jitte. My board is favored now, with active jitte and the monarch, but he topdecks a Karn Creator and goes for bridge, making it live by sacing a LED (ditching another Karn scion, which I had already revoked). He decides to blow up my chalice in his next turn (not enough mana for lattice, I think), allowing me to find a wisp and damage the Karn (but not kill it, as I can’t activate jitte). This does disable him from going for Lattice combo as the Karn would die in the process. With Karn at 3 again next turn, I’m in danger of getting latticed out now. Fortunately, with monarch, I managed to find my final two wisps. In turn 1 of turns, I cast wisp, attacking him down to 7, but forgetting to attack the Karn itself. Hence, I’m forced to cast the other wisp, targeting wisp, then wisp again, so that I can wisp his bridge again in his end step. In his turn, he uses cast out on my giver and attempts to Karn for a removal artifact, but I note that he can’t cast it due to deafening silence, so he scoops.

R6: Bant snow 1-2
    - Game 1: I scoop as he threatens true-name with jitte and monarch. Jailer was one of the only spells I drew beyond vial and giver. This was a vial keep, but topdecks were poor.
    - Game 2: He scoops quickly to an early sword of fire and ice he can’t answer. Start was giver into SFM.
    - Game 3: He gets a turn 3 True-Name, then Oko, then Jitte. I can beat the latter two, but not while he has the stupid asocial fish. He even made a mockery out of it all by exchanging my elkskull for a food token.

R7: RGb Lands 1-2
    - Game 1: He has a slow hand and I hurt him significantly with double wasteland and revoker on mox. I subsequently grind him out, despite a maze of ith slowing my clock.
    - Game 2: He manages to develop his board through two rest in peace (one decayed). I scoop (possibly too early) as he lands field of the dead, while having 7 different lands and a thespian. There’s a chance I still could have taken the game off of the RIP, but a likely two zombies a turn is a tough clock to beat and I still needed to draw a white source to get my own clock going.
    - Game 3: I keep a weak hand and he has a turn 1 mox, exploration loam, then turn 2 dredge, find tabernacle, play another exploration (I used leonin on the first one). This should have definitely been a mull, but lack of food and too many grinds hamper your decision-making. His start was probably only beatable with a surgical though.

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

So where do we go from here? :^)

Quote Originally Posted by colo View Post
    So where do we go from here? :^)
    Back to the Decks to Beat subforum? Lmao.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

I guess not immediately.
    Especially if dice box is reluctant to update this section of the forum :)

I Wonder if we go back to Mother of runes instead of giver of runes in a world without wrenn and six. From what i read in this thread, it's not a given.

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

I tried my hand at D&T again after a few months of slingling Phyrexian Dreadnoughts, with a slightly adapted Wu list:

1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    4 Aether Vial
    2 Epochrasite
    1 Stonecloaker
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    3 Flickerwisp
    3 Geist of Saint Traft
    3 Recruiter of the Guard
    4 Mother of Runes
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    1 Charming Prince
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Marsh Flats
    2 Windswept Heath
    3 Karakas
    3 Plains
    3 Tundra
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland

SB:

3 Catacylsm
    3 Council's Judgment
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Daze
    1 Pithing Needle

My matchups were 4C Grixis + w Control (1-1), 4C Snow Miracles (0-2), Eldrazi Red Stompy (2-0), and UR Delver (post-board splashing G for Oko, Thief of Crowns). My conclusion, after losing all but one lost games (effectively) to an unchecked Oko is that this utterly stupid card must go :)

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Another tool for us:

Seems good, at least as a sideboard card (Target for enligthened tutor btw), but 1 toughness :(

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

That's just not gonna cut it, I'm afraid.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Another tool for us:

Seems good, at least as a sideboard card (Target for enligthened tutor btw), but 1 toughness :(
    Not sure you know this fringe DnT card called Phyrexian Revoker. :P

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Revoker is hard to get right because you have to know the name of the planeswalker in advance, but ya know. That is what you do in DnT.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mat View Post
    4-3 at the Dutch Open with mono white D&T. Only match-up that felt unwinnable was bant snow. True-name blade with Oko and a ton of basics is kind of stupid.

Lands (23):
    6 Plains
    4 Snow-Covered Plains
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    3 Karakas
    2 Flagstones of Trokair

Creatures (26):
    3 Giver of Runes
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Charming Prince
    3 Flickerwisp
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    2 Mirran Crusader
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Palace Jailer

Other (12):
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Aether Vial
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Council's Judgment

Sideboard (15):
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Council's Judgment
    2 Chalice of the Void
    2 Deafening Silence
    2 Path to Exile
    2 Cataclysm
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Leonin Relic-Warder

First time playing with princes and they were awesome. Council's in the main didn't really do much.

R1: 2-0 against GW depths.
    - Game 1, I get a quick giver + tomik.
    - Game 2, I counter his ghost quarter by vialing in Tomik. He is squeezed for mana for the rest of the game, as he slows his own mox with ouphe, which I plow after playing my own revoker on mox (making my vial live again). When he finally goes for the combo to see if I have it, I had the wisp ready for a few turns already.

R2: 1-2 against Grixis delver.
    - I lost game 1 to a double delver start with nothing but lands on my end. I actually somehow got to 6 plains and no spells before my puzzled opponent beat me to death. I should have mulled this (4 plains on 6, two 3-drops), but I think it would have been a mull to five and the massive mana flood would have cost me the game anyhow.
    - Game 2, he got brainstorm-locked and I had double waste. He did actually side wrong because he saw nothing but plains game 1. Guess people really don’t expect d&t anymore.
    - Game 3, I grind him down with double port. I lose in part to a greedy play of casting jitte, rather than using SFM, for tempo reasons, and in part because he has a blowout brazen follower to win the race, followed up with a bolt for lethal and a plague engineer for back-up (shrinking my crusader).

R3: Dredge 2-1
    - Game 1: I almost manage to grind all his bridges and ichorids out, but just barely fail to stabilize due to missing two land drops.
    - Game 2: I have a turn 2 RIP after a turn 1 vial. He has an end step nature’s claim, followed by looting + LED to get 2 zombies, hogaak and Iona on the table. I take care of Iona with Karakas, so he makes a huge grave-troll + casts Hogaak again, and doesn’t attack to keep his 3 bridges alive. I slam my second RIP, karakas hogaak and he scoops.
    - Game 3: I have a surgical, but he has looting into discard thug and imp. So I wait, as he goes end step street wraith and draw step dredge. He fails to dredge any other dredgers. The next turn, I drop a revoker on LED and waste his land the turn after, locking him out of the game.

R4: White Eldrazi 2-1
    - Game 1: He has a slow start, which allows me to play out my entire hand before his first TKS hits (SFM-ing in a sword in response of the trigger). The TKS prevents me from attacking with a ¾ SFM and he does manages to land a smasher. He opts to attack me down to 5, rather than keep a blocker for my SFM + sword. The draw trigger from sword helps me find both jailer and the 4th land I needed. I jail the smasher and he loses to the extra draws from monarch and sword.
    - Game 2: He gets double early TKS after starting with spyglass on wasteland.
    - Game 3: He starts with chalice and follows up with TKS on my SFM. He doesn’t take my two plows because of his chalice, but I topdeck a wisp. Turn 3, I’m forced to council a displacer, so only turn 4 can I wisp the chalice and use one of my plows. The next turn, plow + jailer take over the game despite being low on life.

R5: Bomberman 2-1
    - Game 1: vial + double port keeps him out of the game.
    - Game 2: My clock is too slow and I fail to find mana disruption. He can land the combo and draw his whole deck with a bauble. I should have mulled this.
    - Game 3: Goes very, very long, with multiple Karns (scion and creator). He does not find the combo or lacks the mana for it, or is locked under my chalice on zero, but can go pretty dangerous with a mentor. After he plays a second mentor, I’m forced to attack with a stoneforge into a 2/2 construct to kill one of the mentors. I then manage to nerf the last mentor somewhat with deafening silence, yet to find more substance, I’m forced to use my jailer on a construct token (knowing that a mentor would come back as I can’t keep this monarch) to dig deeper. After he attacks to take back the monarch, I can use council to remove his last blocker, connect with jitte and kill the second mentor. He can strike back to get me down from 5 to 1 (no more due to deafening silence), but on the rebound I wipe all his creatures with jitte. My board is favored now, with active jitte and the monarch, but he topdecks a Karn Creator and goes for bridge, making it live by sacing a LED (ditching another Karn scion, which I had already revoked). He decides to blow up my chalice in his next turn (not enough mana for lattice, I think), allowing me to find a wisp and damage the Karn (but not kill it, as I can’t activate jitte). This does disable him from going for Lattice combo as the Karn would die in the process. With Karn at 3 again next turn, I’m in danger of getting latticed out now. Fortunately, with monarch, I managed to find my final two wisps. In turn 1 of turns, I cast wisp, attacking him down to 7, but forgetting to attack the Karn itself. Hence, I’m forced to cast the other wisp, targeting wisp, then wisp again, so that I can wisp his bridge again in his end step. In his turn, he uses cast out on my giver and attempts to Karn for a removal artifact, but I note that he can’t cast it due to deafening silence, so he scoops.

R6: Bant snow 1-2
    - Game 1: I scoop as he threatens true-name with jitte and monarch. Jailer was one of the only spells I drew beyond vial and giver. This was a vial keep, but topdecks were poor.
    - Game 2: He scoops quickly to an early sword of fire and ice he can’t answer. Start was giver into SFM.
    - Game 3: He gets a turn 3 True-Name, then Oko, then Jitte. I can beat the latter two, but not while he has the stupid asocial fish. He even made a mockery out of it all by exchanging my elkskull for a food token.

R7: RGb Lands 1-2
    - Game 1: He has a slow hand and I hurt him significantly with double wasteland and revoker on mox. I subsequently grind him out, despite a maze of ith slowing my clock.
    - Game 2: He manages to develop his board through two rest in peace (one decayed). I scoop (possibly too early) as he lands field of the dead, while having 7 different lands and a thespian. There’s a chance I still could have taken the game off of the RIP, but a likely two zombies a turn is a tough clock to beat and I still needed to draw a white source to get my own clock going.
    - Game 3: I keep a weak hand and he has a turn 1 mox, exploration loam, then turn 2 dredge, find tabernacle, play another exploration (I used leonin on the first one). This should have definitely been a mull, but lack of food and too many grinds hamper your decision-making. His start was probably only beatable with a surgical though.
    Thanks for this recap!
    DDD / Death & Taxes

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

I'm wondering why I do not see discussion about Hope of Guirapur. Has this card been vetted?
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Why would we play this? What problem does it solve?

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

New card:

Luminous broodmoth:

3/4 flying for 2WW
    Whenever a creature without flying dies, return it to the battlefield with a flying counter.

Anti-Wrath.
    COmbos with cataclysm.

on the expensive side thoguht for an effect that already exist (Selfless spirit).

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

@Tylert: Selfless Spirit doesn't protect vs Cataclysm since it sacrifices. But I'm guessing not being able to tutor for this creature with Recruiter might prevent it from seeing play.

Thread Information