Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Paul Wall Aggro

Picture in Picture, 104 Channels
    Sep 2007

Re: [Deck] Paul Wall Aggro

Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Enlightened Tutor?

Also this deck needs some way of getting to cards it needs. Maybe add in Night Whisper or SDT?
    Would ET be hot as a 3 of? The thing is, it only has 1 target in the entire deck, so I feel like there's a better answer than it...

Sweet Sixteenth
    Jul 2004
    Fairfax City, VA

Quote Originally Posted by satellites View Post
    I completely forgot about this. Now, what to put in to get Rolling Stones reliably..?

um...so......you alpha strike, they swords doran, you gain zero and they take zero. Walls + Doran + rolling stones is a very very very very slow three card combo. Not to mention it loses to everything out there but agro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Getsickanddie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Parcher View Post
    Looks like Team Unicorn has about sixteen coming to this.

What's the term for a plural group of Unicorns? Y'know, like a murder of crows. Well that's what's on it's way.
    ******s?
    While this is close it's still wrong. Every one knows it's an orgy of unicorns.
    Team Unicorn is too hetero for me.
    TeaM NOVA for life.

Banned
    Mar 2006
    Lake Of Fire and Brimstone

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Gilmore View Post
    um...so......you alpha strike, they swords doran, you gain zero and they take zero. Walls + Doran + rolling stones is a very very very very slow three card combo. Not to mention it loses to everything out there but agro.
    Duress maindeck and Chalice in the SB. You can even add unmask if you really fear StP that much. Or maybe even Thoughtseize. 8 Duress FTW.

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

I don't like Treefolk Harbringer or E. Tutor. There needs to be something that fetches both Doran and Rolling Stones, preferrably something better than Tainted Pact. If Tainted Pact is the best choice, the walls need to be split more and not in groups of 4, which could be done easily by adding Steel Wall, Shield Sphere, um...Wall of Glare, some other random walls.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    I don't like Treefolk Harbringer or E. Tutor. There needs to be something that fetches both Doran and Rolling Stones, preferrably something better than Tainted Pact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil
    You probably want some tutor more reliable than Tainted Pact. Enlightened Tutor is an option; another is Shred Memory, which fetches both Rolling Stones and most of your walls. It can also combo with Eladamri's Call to fetch Doran.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Banned
    Mar 2006

Grim Tutor searches for everything but is usually brushed aside due to the affordability of the card. What do you guys think? Now that I think of it, I think Wizards should really unban Vampiric Tutor to give people an alternative to a 150 dollar card. Damn you Wizards!

hai 2 u
    Apr 2007
    SoCal - Anaheim

The black planswalker would be really good for getting the cards you need as well as the living dead ability. I also agree that goyf should be included as well.
    #mtgfinance follow on twitter: @mtgStaples

Quote Originally Posted by OBFREELY
    You should all immediately fire emails at the DCI requesting the banning of Tarmogoyf and Golgari Grave-Troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm not compelled to address your non-argument based simply on the fact that you're obviously borderline retarded.
    Team Brown & Team Unicorn. Does that make me a Brown Unicorn?

Winter is coming...
    Dec 2005

It's a shame you're not running blue because LDV seems perfect for the job.

Also, this seems a damn good home for Aether Vial. Sadly it only protects Doran and you need Rolling Stones as well. Still, it would let you swing without having to ramp up to , and Doran is a nice surprise at instant speed.

Any thoughts on just building the deck with high toughness creatures, so you aren't dependent on Stones?
    I've never seen him so upset....or ever before.

Banned
    Mar 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    It's a shame you're not running blue because LDV seems perfect for the job.

Also, this seems a damn good home for Aether Vial. Sadly it only protects Doran and you need Rolling Stones as well. Still, it would let you swing without having to ramp up to 1WWGB, and Doran is a nice surprise at instant speed.

Any thoughts on just building the deck with high toughness creatures, so you aren't dependent on Stones?
    The problem with that, Phantom, is that high toughness creatures "that are not walls" are rarely as cost efficient. That's a great comment though and provides some food for thought, nevertheless.

Why not also include Ornithopter and Phyrexian Walker, since they don't need anything to attack?

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

I suppose it would be another deck entirely to try and squeak En-Kor/Spiritualist asshattery in here?

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

hai 2 u
    Apr 2007
    SoCal - Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    I suppose it would be another deck entirely to try and squeak En-Kor/Spiritualist asshattery in here?
    No wai, you think?
    #mtgfinance follow on twitter: @mtgStaples

Quote Originally Posted by OBFREELY
    You should all immediately fire emails at the DCI requesting the banning of Tarmogoyf and Golgari Grave-Troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm not compelled to address your non-argument based simply on the fact that you're obviously borderline retarded.
    Team Brown & Team Unicorn. Does that make me a Brown Unicorn?

monkey
    Aug 2006
    Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by Nydaeli View Post
    Just randomly throw in Tarmogoyf. I think it really is that good.
    Agreed. Tarmogoyf is a pretty good deal no matter which way you slice it. It'll hit almost as hard as Wall of Ice, Junk with a Doran in play. Also you dont need a rolling stones to beat down with them.
    info.ninja

YES WE CAN
    Sep 2005
    GMU

This is my new favorite deck name, btw.

Anyway, you definitely want to run Tarmogoyf, the Treefolk Harbinger, Shield Sphere, and Wall of Blossoms.

I would also include Wall of Roots, as it does something even when Dosan is not in play. Sure, it's smaller than Wall of Ice or Wall of Junk, but it helps out in case of mana denial.

Thoughtseize probably deserves a place here too.
    TEAM DRAGONFORCIA-
    Ghost ridin' the whip like we invented that shit.
    TEAM UNICORN
    We're going for number four!

Member-ish
    Feb 2006
    Manila

Quote Originally Posted by Goaswerfraiejen View Post
    Why not also include Ornithopter and Phyrexian Walker, since they don't need anything to attack?
    I second this. Why not just play creatures with huge asses so that you wouldn't need Rolling Stones anymore? Like the aforementioned Ornithopter and Phyrexian Walker... Maybe Anurid Brushhopper, Citanul Woodreaders, Llanowar Cavalry, Rib Cage Spider, Standing Troops, Yotian Soldier, Kami of Old Stone and other crappy cards.

I admit that that wouldn't be as sexy as attacking with Walls though.

Quote Originally Posted by kicks_422 View Post
    I second this. Why not just play creatures with huge asses so that you wouldn't need Rolling Stones anymore? Like the aforementioned Ornithopter and Phyrexian Walker... Maybe Anurid Brushhopper, Citanul Woodreaders, Llanowar Cavalry, Rib Cage Spider, Standing Troops, Yotian Soldier, Kami of Old Stone and other crappy cards..
    Hmm, would the white hideaway land be a good fit here?

Also, what about Utopia Tree or Birds of Paradise?

Can we please play some savage (terrible) tech like Tireless Tribe or Hero's Resolve? Or...SOLIDARITY??? Man, this deck gets so much better as a really awful casual deck.

'Moving from topic to topic... quite hypnotic'
    Jun 2005
    Melbourne, Australia

Haha, wow, In this deck, Tireless Tribe is NUTS - It's like Tog on even more crack than normal!
    I can totally see myself losing to Yotian Soldier beats xD

Banned
    Mar 2006

I can definitely see myself playing Phyrexian Walker in this deck. a 3/3 for zero mana that doesn't rely on Rolling Stones is pretty sweet. Yotian Soldier also seems really cool. We could probably build a relatively different deck with all of the suggestions we've been having. I really think that this thread will result in something viable in some form or another. Keep the creative juices flowing guys, it's been great so far. I also updated my decklist to include Shield Sphere and Steel Wall. Let me know what you guys think of the new list.

Tireless Tribe and Doran the Seige Tower are also both critters, and the deck is already playing green, so it's a good fit with Worldly Tutor.

If the deck plays Phyrexian Walker and Ornithopter, Windbrisk Heights, Cabal Therapy, and Gaea's Cradle all look pretty nifty.

Sylvan Scrying or Crop Rotation can find special lands, or help with mana issues.

The deck can be rounded out with aggro/control utility critters like Gaddok Teeg, or Glowrider and utility lands like The Tabernacle of Pendrell vale, Maze of Ith, and Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth.

Thread Information