Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: [Deck] The Rock - Adapted to Legacy

Are you the real Batman?
    Jun 2006
    San Diego

Re: [Deck] The Rock - Adapted to Legacy

The reason for running Wish is for more consistency and versatility. Essentially, if you play 3 wishes and 3 vindicates, you have 6 Vindicates. It's not common to want to wish for the same card twice. Gaddock Teeg is a great combo hoser as well for a wish target. I also commonly wish for Wheel of Sun and Moon for a third turn lock against Ichorid preboard. That's a pretty strong answer for a slower deck. I like to wish for Mystic Enforcer too because it's a beater that finishes the game. I can't run all of those cards in the mainboard so I run 3 cards that can be any of them. I really like Glittering Wish. Hope this helped.
    This is my Signature

There is also the glittering wish -> dueling ground.
    it help gob, ichorid and all kind of swarm deck wich tend to be tough, even with deed MD (specially goblin).

Holo.

Fart Confidant
    Feb 2008

If you play Glittering to find out Vindicate, is the same of playing a Saltblast. Anybody wants to invest 5 mana and 2 turns to did a Vindicate.
    3p1c h0rs3!!

Eremobates inyoanus
    Sep 2006
    Corvallis, OR

That was always my issue with glittering wish. The targets are brutal, but they lose so much punch when they are held off to later in the game. Turn 3 combo hoser that prevents any turn 2 play? No thanks.

G wish fits much better in a true control shell, like that old IBA board-control deck (the name escapes me). The rock seems too tempo-oriented to benefit.

Are you the real Batman?
    Jun 2006
    San Diego

The argiment for a 5 mana Vindicate isn't exactly true. You are paying 5 mana for a card that can read Deed or Vindicate or Dueling grounds or 4 mana which reads Wheel of Sun and Moon or Darkheart Sliver or Gaddock Teeg. For the extra 2 mana you get to pick from a variety of spells.
    This is my Signature

Thread Information