Thread: Champion a Creature

Champion a Creature

if you champion a champion creature, does the original creature come back into play? How exactly do they stack?

Do I look like a guy with a plan?
    Apr 2007
    East Syracuse, NY

Re: Champion a Creature

Champion a creature (When this comes into play, sacrifice it unless you remove another creature you control from the game. When this leaves play, that card returns to play.)

So when the the "champion" leaves play, the championed creature returns to play as though it was just summoned.
    Team Fat Man & Little Boy

Quote Originally Posted by pingveno View Post
    On to stone rain, Clark Kant; is a 'timewalk' as good as a threat?

Thats what I thought. Thanks.

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

This is worth noting that three Champion cards, where A can Champion B can Champion C can Champion A, can cause a fun little Championing loop.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

In this case the game would be a draw, right (in the general case at least)?

The Fire That Doesn't Burn
    Sep 2006
    SE Wisconsin

Not if there was another creature out you could champion.

Similar to the "3 oblivion ring" thread:

102.4b. If the game somehow enters a "loop," repeating a sequence of events with no way to stop, the game is a draw. Loops that contain an optional action don't result in a draw.
    If you can choose an action that would end the loop, you must eventually choose that action.

421.2. If the loop contains one or more optional actions and one player controls them all, that player chooses a number. The loop is treated as repeating that many times or until another player intervenes, whichever comes first.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Site Contributor
    Dec 2004
    Jamaica Plain, MA

You get triggers and stuff though. Could make some fun comboing?

Thread Information