Thread: Astral SLide

Are you the real Batman?
    Jun 2006
    San Diego

Astral SLide

So my opponent has Astral Slide and I Vindicate it, in response he cycles and slides out my Gaddock Teeg. Does Teeg come into play at the end of turn? Thanks.
    This is my Signature

Monster Xero
    Sep 2006
    Minneapolis

Re: Astral SLide

Yes. Returning the creature to play at the end of turn is part of Astral Slide's ability; it dosen't matter if Slide is in play.
    Team ICBE

Try not to wake up on fire.

Are you the real Batman?
    Jun 2006
    San Diego

That's what I tried explaining to my opponent, oh wells. Thanks Xero.
    This is my Signature

Astral Slide 2W
    Enchantment
    Whenever a player cycles a card, you may remove target creature from the game. If you do, return that card to play under its owner's control at end of turn.
    404.4. An effect may create a delayed triggered ability that can do something at a later time. A delayed triggered ability will contain "when," "whenever," or "at," although that word won't usually begin the ability.
    The text "If you do, return that card to play under its owner's control at end of turn." creates the delayed triggered ability as soon as the Slide's ability resolves. From that point on the ability exists and sits there waiting for the trigger condition to occur.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information