Thread: Insurrection + Twincast

Insurrection + Twincast

Hi !

Let's say i play Insurrection and another player copies Insurrection via Twincast.
    Does this player get all creatures when my turn ends ? I'd say yes, but i want to know for sure.

Thanks

~Kirei sora no Kuraiyami~

Jun 2007

Re: Insurrection + Twincast

No. You get all the creatures until end of turn. Twincast copy resolves first, and then Insurrection resolves after.

I think it is something like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Comprehesive Rules
    418.5a The values of an object’s characteristics are determined by starting with the actual object, then applying continuous effects in a series of layers in the following order: (1) copy effects (see rule 503, “Copying Objects”); (2) control-changing effects; (3) text-changing effects; (4) type-changing effects (which includes effects that change an object’s card type, subtype, and/or supertype); (5) all other continuous effects, except those that change power and/or toughness; and (6) power- and/or toughness-changing effects.
    Inside each layer from 1 through 5, apply effects from characteristic-defining abilities first, then all other effects in timestamp order.

Yes ,but what happens after my turn ? Having read this, i assume everything is normal again :) ??

Edit: Ok. Everything will be normal again

Thanks

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

What concerns me is to think this actually happened in a game.

Here's what happens, in detail.

1. You play Insurrection. Insurrection goes on the stack. (Stack = Insurrection.)
    2. Player X, as we'll call him, plays Twincast, targeting Insurrection. Twincast goes on the stack. (Stack = Twincast, Insurrection.)
    3. Assuming nobody does anything else, Twincast resolves. During Twincast's resolution, Player X's Insurrection copy is put on the stack. (Stack = Insur-Copy, Insurrection.)
    4. Assuming nobody does anything else, the Insurrection Copy resolves. All creatures will untap, gain haste, and become controlled by Player X. (Stack = Insurrection.)
    5. If Player X wants to do anything with the creatures at instant speed, such as ping you with a Prodigal Sorcerer or, god help you all, Vial in a Dracoplasm, he may do this now before the original Insurrection resolves. Assuming nobody does anything else, your Insurrection will resolve, and now all creatures untap again, gain haste again (In case they somehow lost it between step 4 and step 5,) and you will control them all.
    6. Once your turn ends, the effects of both Insurrections will wear off simultaneously and the creatures will return to whoever controlled them before this asshattery began.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

314.2. After discarding, the following actions happen simultaneously: all damage is removed from permanents and all "until end of turn" and "this turn" effects end.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information