Thread: Draw step

Chief Head Chief of the Department of Redundancy Department
    Dec 2005
    Massachusetts

Draw step

Does drawing a card in the draw step use the stack? How does something like Anvil of Bogardan interact with that draw (draw-discard-draw or draw-draw-discard)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    And make no mistake, a Hulk Flash dominated metagame is shit on a plate. Sure, it made for an interesting GP and possibly even attracted a few curious newcomers who wondered "I wonder what it's like to eat shit?" or "I wonder what it's like to make other people eat shit?" That's all fine and dandy, but I'll be glad to say "Good riddance!" to Flash when I wake up tomorrow.

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

Re: Draw step

Drawing a card for the turn is a special action that occurs at the beginning of the draw step and does not use the stack. Once the card is drawn, there is an opportunity for fast effects (including triggers from Anvil of Bogardan and such) to go on the stack.

In short, you would draw-draw-discard.
    Team Info-Ninja: Shhh... We don't exist.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Comp Rules
    304. Draw Step

304.1 First, the active player draws a card. This game action doesn’t use the stack. Then any abilities that trigger at the beginning of the draw step and any other abilities that have triggered go on the stack. Then the active player gets priority and players may play spells and abilities.

Chief Head Chief of the Department of Redundancy Department
    Dec 2005
    Massachusetts

Alright, that's what I thought. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    And make no mistake, a Hulk Flash dominated metagame is shit on a plate. Sure, it made for an interesting GP and possibly even attracted a few curious newcomers who wondered "I wonder what it's like to eat shit?" or "I wonder what it's like to make other people eat shit?" That's all fine and dandy, but I'll be glad to say "Good riddance!" to Flash when I wake up tomorrow.

Thread Information