Thread: [Article] Philosophy and Practice

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

[Article] Philosophy and Practice

This is an article I found on Wizards today, written by 2 level 5 judges, which outlines the hows and whys of Judging, from the judge's perspective. With all the arguments people get into here about rulings, I figured this would be the best place to post it. Give it a read, it's really good.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

Re: [Article] Philosiphy and Practice

Understand the Philosophy of PG Section 51 also went up, and it's much more useful. Not bad for a Scott Marshall piece.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Confound these ponies, they drive me to Brony.
    Nov 2007
    Rittman, OH

Quote Originally Posted by Akki View Post
    Understand the Philosophy of PG Section 51 also went up, and it's much more useful. Not bad for a Scott Marshall piece.
    Now, see? That was very helpful. I knew all of those except the trample damage thing.
    That is actually pretty important sometimes.

Ugh, why do people insist on using "philosophy" as a buzzword for "belief" or "reason/ing"? Definitely one of my pet peeves. Besides, I thought there would actually be a link between philosophy and Magic that would be expounded in the article.

Putting that horrible misuse of a word aside, the articles are indeed fairly informative; thanks for pointing them out.

Thread Information