Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Æther Vial

Feb 2007
    Worcester, MA

Re: Æther Vial

Quote Originally Posted by Akki View Post
    Ewokslayer is right - it's no different than writing "Get Squee back!" on Squee, which is definitely not allowed.
    Wow, that surprises me...

So if he's allowed to put something on his deck to remind himself, could that something be a piece of the paper he uses to keep life totals on?

And I assume we're allowed to write stuff down during the game. I've seen people write down cards they've seen in opponent hand with duress and such, and i hope they werent all cheating.

Could he write down "get squee back" on a piece the life totals paper, rip that off and put it on top of his deck...

Its not "outside" notes?

I know this is nitpicking, but i think it is nitpicking what is basicaly two conflicting rules, and i'd like to know which one is "more important".
    Last edited by RoddyVR; 11-16-2007 at 11:53 AM. Reason: added quote, cause this went to new page of thread.

Well you can write notes during a match but you can't references notes made before the match.
    A writen reminder to get Squee back would be outside notes if it was made before the match began.

It's kind of like the difference between going into a physics test with a note with F=ma on it and writting down the equation as you solve the problem so you don't screw it up.

Painter's Servant
    Aug 2007

How about a image of Squee on the poker chip? Would that be considered "outside notes"? I say fuck with everyone's mind and put a picture of Samuel L. Jackson's on top of your library as a reminder. Then repeat to yourself, SQUEE MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT!? I don't think you'll ever forget to pay an upkeep cost again.
    In painting, you have unlimited power. You have the ability to move mountains. You can bend rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    How about a image of Squee on the poker chip? Would that be considered "outside notes"?
    Probably since it is not only a reminder to recur squee but also a reminder to get squee in the first place.

I doubt this will every really come up, especially in Legacy.

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

I heartily endorse the Sam L. Jackson plan, though.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    How about a image of Squee on the poker chip? Would that be considered "outside notes"? I say fuck with everyone's mind and put a picture of Samuel L. Jackson's on top of your library as a reminder. Then repeat to yourself, SQUEE MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT!? I don't think you'll ever forget to pay an upkeep cost again.
    Do you really need a picture of Squee? Is having the chip on top of your deck not enough?

Outside Assistance mainly applies to written notes, although it could also apply to pictures if it were blatent enough. I think a picture of Squee would be approaching borderline, but acceptable in my opinion.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information