Thread: LED & Uba Mask

"Catches Bullets With His Teeth?"
    Apr 2007

LED & Uba Mask

Does Uba Mask turn LED into a black lotus? Once your hand is RFG with Uba you should be able to use the LED to cast these cards correct?

Re: LED & Uba Mask

You're correct. When you have cards RFG'd to Uba Mask you may sacrifice Lion's Eye Diamond discarding your hand (even if you have 0 cards in it) for three mana that can then be used to play the RFG'd cards.

On a slight tangent, I've never been able to make the Uba Mask fundamentally breaks Magic thing work in a deck. Uba Mask turns:

Brainstorm into Ancestral Recall (if you have 0 cards in hand, otherwise you RFG 3, then put back up to 2)
    Sylvan Library into a free Counsel of Sortami per turn
    Lion's Eye Diamond into Black Lotus
    Infernal Tutor into Demonic Tutor

amongst other things. However, cards like LED and Infernal Tutor will generally be worthless without the mask in play causing you to need a 4cc artifact in play to even begin to do interesting stuff.
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

Aug 2007
    Bielefeld, Germany

With LED you discard and not remove them from the game.
    EDIT: Ah OK misunderstood the question.

Epic Library
    Nov 2004
    Syracuse New York

Sylvan Library into a free Counsel of Sortami per turn
    You forgot your normal draw for the turn so it can be considered an Ancestral also, i guess.

I would really like to find a use for the SL and Uba Mask engine outside of Staxs.
    Quote Scrumdogg @ Amrod's:
    "Didn't you know that Mike Glow invented this format?? We are all just renting it."

The EPIC Syndicate - Grindermen
    Team Disquailified Poster Duey Cheatem & Howe.

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    amongst other things. However, cards like LED and Infernal Tutor will generally be worthless without the mask in play causing you to need a 4cc artifact in play to even begin to do interesting stuff.
    Not that this is really the place for this, but you could always play the Tutor for the mask cracking LED in response, and only have to pay 1 more mana for your Mask. It's 3 mana and 2 cards (or more, counting discard to LED), but it gets Uba Mask into play from your library.

Probably still not worth it, though.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

Thread Information