Thread: Vesuvian shapeshifter

Vesuvian shapeshifter

What would happen if you unmorph a vesuvian shapeshifter to copy a tree top village that is attacking you? Does the shape shifter stay a 3/3 ape with trample permanently, or does it turn into a land at the end of turn?

Re: Vesuvian shapeshifter

My guess would be that it becomes a trampling 3/3 ""Dryad Arbor"" (with all the abilities of Treetop Village and the ability of the shapeshifter (trigger)). But i know nothing of copying. I am interested in the answer as well...

Edit: From Gatherer:
    "7/15/2007 Clone doesn't copy whether the original creature is tapped or untapped. It also doesn't copy any counters on that creature, any Auras attached to that creature, or any effects that are currently affecting that creature -- you get exactly what's printed on the chosen card and nothing more. So if you copy an animatedChimeric Staff, for example, you get a normal, nonanimated Chimeric Staff."

I guess I'm wrong. How odd. That's completly contrary to what one would assume.
    Stupid layers (?).

It has nothing to do with layers.

503.2. When copying an object, the copy acquires the copiable values of the original object's characteristics (name, mana cost, color, card type, supertype, subtype, expansion symbol, rules text, power, toughness, loyalty) and, for an object on the stack, choices made when playing it (mode, targets, the value of X, whether a kicker cost was paid, how it will affect multiple targets, and so on). The "copiable values" are the values that are printed on the object, as modified by other copy effects, by "as . . . comes into play" and "as . . . is turned face up" abilities that set characteristics, and by abilities that caused the object to be face down. Other effects (including type-changing and text-changing effects), status, and counters are not copied.
    Nothing is copied except what's printed on the card (save for a few exceptions).
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Excellent. Thank you very much.

Looks like they better change the rules. That makes as much sense as if i couldn't destroy the Treetop Village with a terror because the card says its a land and no creature even though i could target it.

Thread Information