that's an infinite loop

And this pile just wins for 3 mana and a draw including protection:

Brainstorm
    Mental note
    Laboratory maniac
    Pact of negation
    Unearth

I'm a big fan of melting infernal Tutor, LED with the Doomsday-Maniac kill
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Re: [Deck] Fetchland Tendrils

I'm pretty sure that everyone saying to cut Lotus Petal has never actually resolved Brainstorm in this deck. The ones wanting to cut Petal from lists with Meditate (which is still wrong, unless played in addition to your Ideas Unbound) probably haven't stopped to think about how they were going to win with just SDT in play and no spare cards in hand. (If you said have fewer storm or pay an additional mana, you win.)
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

Nov 2006
    Lithuania, Vilnius

My list, even though I have been playing other decks lately due to too much combo hate around, is very similar to the UBw one posted above, but:

17 lands (one Karakas). 16 seems low-ish...and even with 17 I sometimes had to waste my cantrips for finding lands. You can easily cut one Infernal Tutor, it's one of the worst cards in the deck unless you're going for IGG-loop. IT can easily get an axe - it's very rare to find zero action even without full sets of Probe and Ponder (see explanation below).

I am playing 2 Lotus Petals instead of one Probe and one Ponder - it helps to speed up the deck, opens some additional DD piles and, one of the most important things - lets get mana for protection without a risk of getting my lands wasted or fetching a basic Plains (which is rather uncomfortable most of the times).

I do intend to pick up DDFT again as nobody risked playing Storm during last few local events and MB Traps are already leaving sideboards

Edit: also I'm still playing Meditate - even if IU makes (sometimes) for better piles, having almost whole deck immune to Spell Snare (IT-IGG plan isn't reliable against decks packing Snare anyway) and being able to sometimes draw4 still makes me happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeggi View Post
    Game 3: turn 1: Chalice@1, turn 2: Sea Drake, turn 3: equip Sea Drake with SoFI. Drakes from the sea with flaming swords which are also frozen at the same time cause destruction of Biblical proportions. Just the way God intended.

Mar 2010
    Amsterdam

I ran something like this last time I tried DD. There is hardly any Spell Snares anymore, so IU seems fine. I used to run 2 Cabal Rituals (and 0 RoF) for IGG, but I think we're fine without them. Not sure if the MD Chain is needed though. I was happy with 16 lands and 3-4 petals, but a 17th land (1st Marsh Flats) is welcome if space is made (my list with Meditate ran 1 probe only to make space). IT is not that great as a setup spell in the deck, but adds speed to the deck against aggro and makes you lose less games due to not finding action.

4 Doomsday
    3 Infernal Tutor
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Ill-Gotten Gains

4 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    3 Ponder
    1 Ideas Unbound

4 Dark Ritual
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    3 Lotus Petal
    1 Rain of Filth

4 Silence
    2 Orim's Chant
    1 Chain of Vapor

4 Flooded Strand
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Scrubland
    1 Tundra
    1 Karakas
    1 Plains
    1 Island
    1 Swamp

That all said, white is not at its peak. Discard is better against Show & Tell, Reanimate, Counterbalance and it can be equal/better against non blue decks. It could be an option to cut white and splash green from the board (Xantid Swarm for Merfolk/SnT/Reanimate, Carpet of Flowers against RUG and perhaps a Grip or 2 against CB).

16 lands has been fine. I could definitely see cutting the COV for Karakas or cutting one IT for Karakas though. IGG has been awesome. There is a lot of burn and RUG in the meta and IGG allows you to win without casting doomsday which is often impossible against burn in particular. I almost never get Doomsday with IT because it basically requires 2 LEDS and a Top in play so I generally see two distinct game plans based on what my hand is and what my opponent is playing. In that case I usually get redundant chants or cantrips with IT. I would definitely endorse IGG + Chants. I haven't really missed Lotus Petal.

Apr 2009
    UK

I agree that white is not obviously necessary right now - black disruption is arguably a little bit faster, and superior in some pretty important matchups. However, I love my IGGY loop, so I run Silence/Chant. Of course, the fact that I only play storm combo decks means that I like to mix up my disruption between decks, and perhaps gives me a slight bias (as in, I want to run white because none of my other decks are running white ).

I'm intrigued by the idea of cutting IT for Karakas. While I love my IT, it does make sense - you never really want to see a second IT. That would give me a list that looks like:

4 Doomsday
    3 Infernal Tutor
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Ill-Gotten Gains

4 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    1 Meditate

4 Dark Ritual
    2 Cabal Ritual
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    1 Lotus Petal
    1 Rain of Filth

4 Silence
    3 Orim's Chant
    1 Chain of Vapor

4 Flooded Strand
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Scrubland
    2 Tundra
    1 Karakas
    1 Plains
    2 Island
    1 Swamp

Does that look reasonable?

Person of interest
    Aug 2006
    Woodland, CA

Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    ...lists with Meditate (which is still wrong, unless played in addition to your Ideas Unbound)...
    I'm just lazy, and don't want to learn new piles.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Requiem View Post
    4 Doomsday
    3 Infernal Tutor
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Ill-Gotten Gains

4 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    1 Meditate

4 Dark Ritual
    2 Cabal Ritual
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    1 Lotus Petal
    1 Rain of Filth

4 Silence
    3 Orim's Chant
    1 Chain of Vapor

4 Flooded Strand
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Scrubland
    2 Tundra
    1 Karakas
    1 Plains
    2 Island
    1 Swamp

Does that look reasonable?
    This looks pretty good to me. I haven't personally used meditate before so that calls for some choices I don't know much about. I'm curious what you are running in your SB. Right now my board is...
    SB
    4 Iok
    4 Dread of Night
    3 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Wipe Away
    1 Emrakul
    1 Shelldock Isle
    Last edited by Troll Slayer; 08-22-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Apr 2009
    UK

My sideboard is a little in the air right now, but it's going to include some Dread of Night (which I have found to be absolutely awesome in testing), a range of bounce spells (including Wipeaway and Echoing Truth), the Shelldock package, and probably some Leyline of the Void.

I think Wipeaway is important because with white disruption I'm pretty weak to permanent based hate, and Wipeaway is another way to deal with Thalia+Mom, as well as counterbalance. Echoing Truth deals with multiple Leylines (I had someone mull into three Leylines of Sanctity in one game ).

That probably leaves me needing some artifact bounce, so I'd try to cram Hurkul's Recall in there.

Nothing groundbreaking in the above, just a general effort to "be prepared".

Jul 2009
    NRW, GER

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Requiem View Post
    My sideboard is a little in the air right now, but it's going to include some Dread of Night (which I have found to be absolutely awesome in testing), a range of bounce spells (including Wipeaway and Echoing Truth), the Shelldock package, and probably some Leyline of the Void.

I think Wipeaway is important because with white disruption I'm pretty weak to permanent based hate, and Wipeaway is another way to deal with Thalia+Mom, as well as counterbalance. Echoing Truth deals with multiple Leylines (I had someone mull into three Leylines of Sanctity in one game ).

That probably leaves me needing some artifact bounce, so I'd try to cram Hurkul's Recall in there.

Nothing groundbreaking in the above, just a general effort to "be prepared".
    When I thought about my sideboard for Ubw just yesterday I decided to leave Emmi and Shelldock Isle out of it. Seriously, what bad matchups do we have to ge thim in right now?
    Previously we sided them in against CB/Top, now they have 1 or 2 Karakas and 4 Terminus maindeck. Reanimator plays Tidesprout Tyrant and Blazing Archon. The only deck that can not easily handle this combo is NicFit and really, we donīt need to board against that one at all.

So after some tinkering I came to this board:
    4 Dread of Night
    3 Grand Abolisher
    2 Hurkyl's Recall
    1 Rebuild
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Wipe Away
    1 Cruel Bargain
    2 Slaughter Pact

Obviously, as any sideboard this is a metacall. Chalices are rising again and therefore I wanted some solutions against them. If you donīt have MUD or Goblins in your area, you might use something else.
    Grand Abolishers are worth testing and are awesome against those miracle decks out there. Cruel Bargain against REB of course and the rest of my board is just random bounce.

I also thought about squeezing 3 Carpet of Flowers, 1 Tropical in there to get a better edge against Canadian. However, that was way more easy with the old German List where you could simply change 2 CRit, 1RoF for 3 Carpets... not sure about that right now.

Hello,

I'm currently a T.e.s. and Ant player and decided to also learn doomsday. I was wondering if anyone has access to a list of piles. Also if anyone had a good strategy for learning said piles. Also what exactly does the emrakul package do for you? is it just to beat storm hate cards like mbt tegg and thalia?

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Rekk View Post
    Hello,

I'm currently a T.e.s. and Ant player and decided to also learn doomsday. I was wondering if anyone has access to a list of piles. Also if anyone had a good strategy for learning said piles. Also what exactly does the emrakul package do for you? is it just to beat storm hate cards like mbt tegg and thalia?
    You coulda texted me about the piles :p

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...TkY/edit?hl=es

Just keep playing them and playing them. Constant testing is the only way to learn, since often you have to beat something weird on the fly
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Aug 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Rekk View Post
    Hello,

also storm boards is a great resource, i haven't been in a few months but there is a lot of information there.

expect to fuck up, a lot. don't memorize piles, get the basic few and maybe a stackj or two that deals with general stuff. but the important parts are the concepts behind them and how they work,and then start trying to build ones on your own or at least understand how to.

you never build piles in a vacuum. so memorizing how to do it without pressure is pretty useless.

@rekk

Doomsday is so fun!

I don't recommend Emrakul against decks with Thalia or Teeg; those decks almost always run wasteland.

Emrakul is for decks that don't put you on a tight clock. The idea is that the emrakul doomsday combo requires less combo pieces in hand, so when you combo off it's mostly just doomsday then use top or probe for a free card draw. Other storm decks can potentially be stopped mid combo (e.g. Opponent lets mana spells resolve then counters a burning wish).

I have also tried other goofy things with doomsday, such as using cloud of faeries with shelldock.

Honestly I think you'll pick up doomsday quite easily since you've used tes and ant, and I've seen you with sensei's top decks.

I played this list to top32 at baltimore. I was in t8 contention until round 8

3 Doomsday
    4 Burning Wish
    1 Ideas Unbound
    1 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Dark Ritual
    1 Rain of Filth
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    1 Lotus Petal
    4 Duress
    3 Cabal Therapy
    1 Chain of Vapor
    1 Karakas
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    2 Island
    1 Swamp
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Misty Rainforest
    1 Flooded Strand

SB: 4 Abrupt Decay
    SB: 2 Tropical Island
    SB: 2 Karakas
    SB: 2 Tendrils of Agony
    SB: 1 Empty the Warrens
    SB: 1 Doomsday
    SB: 1 Time Spiral
    SB: 1 Infernal Contract
    SB: 1 Cabal Therapy

Ended up 6-3. I feel like I was a draw spell at some point over a huge amount of turns from making t8. List felt fine. Would play again.
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

That was you? I was watching you play against David Price. It was really nice seeing someone good play the deck.

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

Did you ever board in Infernal Contract over IU against decks with red blasts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    My love for Valakut knows no bounds. It mise well read:
    Land - Super Duper Mountain
    When you play a land, LIGHTNING BOLT!
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Strange as it may seem, this deck seems like the best place for Ruhan of the Fomori. A 7/7 with the right equipment will end games nightmarishly quick, and it comes with the perk of being blue to pitch to Force of Will if you draw into extra copies. And it wouldn't be too hard to protect him in counter-heavy build.
    Follow me on Twitter @RaNDoMxGeSTuReS

Yes. IC + Tendrils come in for any matchup where I expect Surgical/Extirpate/Spell Snare/REB.

Yeah, I played against Dave Price. I believe I had a kill with this game state with 3 life:

In play: Island, Volcanic Island, Swamp, Sensei's Divining Top
    In hand: Dark Ritual, Doomsday, Chain of Vapor
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    Yes. IC + Tendrils come in for any matchup where I expect Surgical/Extirpate/Spell Snare/REB.

Yeah, I played against Dave Price. I believe I had a kill with this game state with 3 life:

In play: Island, Volcanic Island, Swamp, Sensei's Divining Top
    In hand: Dark Ritual, Doomsday, Chain of Vapor
    I remember it being 2x island and an Underground, but your memory is probably better. I posted that hand to facebook, actually, not 30 minutes before you replied. It was a line of play I hadn't had much experience with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammit67 View Post
    I remember it being 2x island and an Underground, but your memory is probably better. I posted that hand to facebook, actually, not 30 minutes before you replied. It was a line of play I hadn't had much experience with.
    I definitely remember 2x blue, 1x black source. I know I had at least 2 basics, but I could have Volc/Sea switched up.
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Thread Information