Thread: Counterbalance

Counterbalance

I have Counterbalance in play, and no way of stacking my deck. My opponents goes to cast something. I reveal Island. Can I...?

1. Cast Predict, naming Island, and check Counterbalance again, after Predict resolves? What if I Brainstorm after Predict resolves?

2. Cast Predict, naming Island, draw cards off Predict, and use one of those drawn cards to counter his spell?

Thanks.

His name is not unknown in these woods.
    Aug 2006
    Area 88

Re: Counterbalance

Quote Originally Posted by etrigan View Post
    I have Counterbalance in play, and no way of stacking my deck. My opponents goes to cast something. I reveal Island. Can I...?

1. Cast Predict, naming Island, and check Counterbalance again, after Predict resolves? What if I Brainstorm after Predict resolves?

2. Cast Predict, naming Island, draw cards off Predict, and use one of those drawn cards to counter his spell?

Thanks.
    Counterbalance will trigger once when your opponent's spell goes on the stack. You can predict island and draw 2 cards but the counterbalance trigger will already have resolved. You can let the counterbalance resolve, predict while your opponent's spell is still on the stack, and counter his spell with one of the cards you drew.

Edit: If you had multiple counterbalances in play, you could predict and "try again". There will be one trigger for each counterbalance on the stack for each spell your opponent plays.
    they haunt minds...

Thread Information