Thread: Tombstalker > Tarmogoyf

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Tombstalker > Tarmogoyf

A nice trick that could save a Legacy player's ass...

Quote Originally Posted by Worlds Championships Blog
    Finally Riccardo pointed out an interesting rules interaction he thought might benefit those reading from home. During one of the Standard rounds a player was facing a horde of Tarmogoyfs that he desperately wanted to reduce in size. Fortunately for him he had a Tombstalker in hand; the 5/5s delve cost reduction would definitely go a long way towards cutting the 'Goyfs down to size by removing cards in his graveyard. The question he posed to the judges: was it possible to delve for more than the six generic mana in the Tombstalker's casting cost? Judge Tessitori revealed a surprising answer: yes, you can remove more than six cards for the cost reduction. Of course you won't actually be able to pay less than six generic mana or somehow generate mana by "going negative," but in a pinch, staring down a horde of Tarmogoyfs, Tombstalker can go a long ways toward cutting the two-drops down to a manageable force for a dwindling life total.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Re: Tombstalker > Tarmogoyf

nice find, thats pretty cool. However everyone should already know this, but cool no the less.

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

I wonder when Delve finally makes it to being a set mechanic if it's going to cause any sort of major drop in Tarmogoyf's power level. I suppose it would depend on the cards they made.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Legacy Inept

Oct 2005
    France

Mmmhhh, very very nice. The problem remains that 9 judges on 10 will pretend that you cannot.

Jul 2007
    Enfield, CT

Quote Originally Posted by Maveric78f View Post
    Mmmhhh, very very nice. The problem remains that 9 judges on 10 will pretend that you cannot.
    Think so? I thinks its pretty clear from the wording on the card that you do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstalker's Text
    You may remove any number of cards in your graveyard from the game as you play this spell. It costs 1 less to play for each card removed this way.
    Pretty obvious to me.
    Still looking for FBB Lightning Bolts. German or Korean is preferred. PM me if you have them

Quote Originally Posted by Slay View Post
    Drunk texting is ballin'. Anyone can slur into a phone, but it takes a real man to fumble over tiny buttons to make a semi-coherent message and send it to someone.
    -Slay

Eep; I hadn't realized.

Thread Information