Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Judge Promo Force of Will?

Banned

Oct 2006
    NoVA

Judge Promo Force of Will?

So I was just reading our favorite Magic-based webcomic UGMadness, and the comic on Friday was about a speculated Judge Promo Force of Will (link here: http://www.ugmadness.net/index.php?date=2007-12-07). Is there any truth to this? Is there a rumor or evidence floating around that this may/will happen or did UGM just make it up?

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

Re: Judge Promo Force of Will?

Your link went to 374, it's actually the next page, 375.

And that card has been rumored to get a foil for years now. Nothing has changed yet, we won't know until someone gets it in the mail, or someone in company is allowed to leak their copy as the rest ship.

Boy George?
    Oct 2005
    Australia

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that there's no truth in it. UGM made it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by pi4meterftw View Post
    Still up for more games, although I must say it's pretty silly to play if you're just going to complain about luck irrationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by pi4meterftw
    I think the massive difference is a fluctuatiuon of luck. Against Piceli I drew fairly well, whereas against green one I mulliganned for mana screw reasons twice and for "hand has no answers in it" like 5 times.

Quote Originally Posted by vigilante View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that there's no truth in it. UGM made it up.
    http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=98018

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Needless to say, I'll be getting a set.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Needless to say, I'll be getting a set.
    Have fun giving up your left nut for it.
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Jul 2007
    Enfield, CT

HOLY.
    SHIT.

Those are gonna cost $1000 for a set, easy.
    Still looking for FBB Lightning Bolts. German or Korean is preferred. PM me if you have them

Quote Originally Posted by Slay View Post
    Drunk texting is ballin'. Anyone can slur into a phone, but it takes a real man to fumble over tiny buttons to make a semi-coherent message and send it to someone.
    -Slay

The only thing I learned from that link is that people on Salvation are allowed to have ridiculously long signatures. I could fit the entire Book of Herbig in the space that those ass hats take up.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Quote Originally Posted by lonelybaritone View Post
    The only thing I learned from that link is that people on Salvation are allowed to have ridiculously long signatures. I could fit the entire Book of Herbig in the space that those ass hats take up.
    Makes you jealous, doesn't it?
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Refuses to Play Inconsistent Decks
    Oct 2006

OH. MY. GOD. God has granted me the best possible hanukah surprise! I cannot frickin believe this. I gotta start saving up now, shit!

Kronicler
    Team Info-Ninjas: Catchphrases so secret, I don't even know what they are!

Feb 2006
    Boston

They better look nice. Like the judge rewards Cunning Wish, that was hot.

Team Lucksack - Founder
    Oct 2007
    Columbus, Ohio

I don't buy it for a minute. They are just as likely to make a FoW Judge Promo as they are to make a Mana Drain Judge Promo. Both are on the list to never be reprinted, and both are illegal in extended. Yes, there have been a smattering of Non-extended legal Judge promos, but they have been sparse. While the eternal format fanbase would be there to support it, I think that the judges would only appreciate it for it's monetary value. I simply don't see such eternal staples being reprinted as judge promos. Pics or it didn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Phasing is absurdly complicated. Did you know that if a token phases out with Equipment attached to it, the Equipment phases out, the token will cease to exist and the Equipment will never phase back in?

Well, now you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Media314r8 View Post
    "Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Banned

May 2007
    jersey

I don't buy it for a minute. They are just as likely to make a FoW Judge Promo as they are to make a Mana Drain Judge Promo. Both are on the list to never be reprinted, and both are illegal in extended. Yes, there have been a smattering of Non-extended legal Judge promos, but they have been sparse. While the eternal format fanbase would be there to support it, I think that the judges would only appreciate it for it's monetary value. I simply don't see such eternal staples being reprinted as judge promos. Pics or it didn't happen.
    I'm pretty sure sol ring and yawg will, and balance are on the no reprint list too.

They also seem to make like one eternal judge promo a year.

Jul 2007
    The Frozen North

Actually, Force of Will and Mana Drain are NOT on the Reserve List.

I still don't think they'll reprint them, but they could

Take it easy,
    Jared
    "You consider me the young apprentice,
    Caught between the Scylla and Charibdes,
    Hypnotized by you if I should linger,
    Staring at the ring around your finger" - Sting

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

Leroy Rochester
    Jun 2004
    Cabrini–Green

I don't buy it for a minute. They are just as likely to make a FoW Judge Promo as they are to make a Mana Drain Judge Promo. Both are on the list to never be reprinted
    Wrong.

Actually both Mana Drain and Force of Will are NOT on the reserve list.

Source: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x.../ReprintPolicy
    My only dream is that yours never come true.
    "People played violin as the Titanic sank. Tomorrow they will play Green Day songs with plastic keytars as their Hoovervilles burn."

Refuses to Play Inconsistent Decks
    Oct 2006

Polar Bear God seems pretty confident in his sources and he is usually very reliable. The question in my mind is whether or not it is possible to sign up to be a judge now and judge a bunch of events over the coming months in order to get these babies.

Then again, I've already contacted the devil and offered him my soul for a set. The problem is that he wants my left nut too and he isn't taking no for an answer. Argggggg.

Kronicler
    Team Info-Ninjas: Catchphrases so secret, I don't even know what they are!

Banned

Oct 2006
    NoVA

Balance and Sol Ring are NOT on the reserved list at the link above, but Yawgmoth's Win is...so even if Force of Will was (which it isnt) they could promo it, its just a question if they will.

Jesus Christ. It's not like foil Forces are going to counter my lackey harder than regular English ones. Go find a tissue and clean yourself up.
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

Quote Originally Posted by TeenieBopper View Post
    Jesus Christ. It's not like foil Forces are going to counter my lackey harder than regular English ones. Go find a tissue and clean yourself up.
    No, but at first release they'll make for a damn good down payment on a car, lol. If the Exalteds, Deeds, and others went for well over $300 initially, there's no reason these won't either, with just as much worldwide demand now.

I'm kinda torn on the art thing. I don't think they'll change it, because it's so iconic (much like the others that have been printed, with the exception of Balance, which was an awful picture anyways). I'm curious what they would do if they did.

And ya, I want a set, but I'm waiting till they reach the $300 mark for a deckset, at the highest end. All judge promos have gone down significantly over time, including the ones you need 4 of. This one will just see more play than the others.

Sweet Sixteenth
    Jul 2004
    Fairfax City, VA

Don't bother saving unless your willing to spend alteast 600 for the playset. Keep in mind that every single judge promo I have seen has decreaced in value over the years. You would be much better off saving that money to buy black boarder dual lands or regular dual lands. They will continue to go up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Getsickanddie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Parcher View Post
    Looks like Team Unicorn has about sixteen coming to this.

What's the term for a plural group of Unicorns? Y'know, like a murder of crows. Well that's what's on it's way.
    ******s?
    While this is close it's still wrong. Every one knows it's an orgy of unicorns.
    Team Unicorn is too hetero for me.
    TeaM NOVA for life.

Thread Information