Thread: Undiscovered Paradise

Dutch Legacy Champ '08

Oct 2006
    The Netherlands, Nijmegen

Undiscovered Paradise

Hi, I would like to know if I can use Undiscovered paradise to make mana before it returns to my hand at the beginning of the turn and if I can use that mana on an Instant. I believe this is not the case but I am not sure. If so, that would be broken. I think it depends on if it returns in the upkeep or untap phase, which I think is in the untap step. Still I thought Wizards errata'd everything to not have effects in the untap step, so if it doesn't work could it still be errata'd in the future?

Thanks, Matteus

Do I look like a guy with a plan?
    Apr 2007
    East Syracuse, NY

Re: Undiscovered Paradise

Rules Text (Oracle): : Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. During your next untap step, as you untap your permanents, return Undiscovered Paradise to its owner's hand.

Thats how the Oracle text reads, so Undiscovered Paradise will still be tapped when it gets returned to your hand, therefore you won't have a chance to use it.
    Team Fat Man & Little Boy

Quote Originally Posted by pingveno View Post
    On to stone rain, Clark Kant; is a 'timewalk' as good as a threat?

Dutch Legacy Champ '08

Oct 2006
    The Netherlands, Nijmegen

Ok, too bad, thats what I thought. So is it not true Wizards avoids effects in the untap step and is this likely to be errata'd?

Confound these ponies, they drive me to Brony.
    Nov 2007
    Rittman, OH

Quote Originally Posted by matelml View Post
    Ok, too bad, thats what I thought. So is it not true Wizards avoids effects in the untap step and is this likely to be errata'd?
    No, because if they errata it to being on the upkeep, you could still use it to play a spell before it goes away.
    There are always bound to be one or two cards that go against what Wizards "likes".

Thread Information