Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2100

Thread: [Deck] TES - The EPIC Storm

Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Also, I actually prefer silence over orim's chant as I've never won a game because of the kicker and I did lose a match because of a chant being misdirected.
    Last edited by Jim Higginbottom; 09-24-2009 at 09:38 PM.

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by lebron jim View Post
    Also, I actually prefer silence over orim's chant as I've never won a game because of the kicker and I did lose a match because of a bad faeries w/ cb+top player misdirecting my chant.
    To be blunt, this is dumb - same with playing 2 blast.

Piceli69- I've yet to ever actually cast Hurkyl's Recall, I added it then haven't seen artifacts since. If I was to keep Hurkyl's, either Echoing Truth or Grip would have to leave. Cutting a spree is an option to keep Hurkyl's in the sideboard, but I'm unsure of how good it'll be compared to Spree.

As for Infernal tutor in the sideboard, it's not needed. I've gone 24 rounds in magic without once wishing for it. Is that worth the sideboard slot?

It's not, SB IT is so win more ... and at the cost of cutting your threat density too.
    Quote Originally Posted by wastedlife View Post
    Breathweapon, I regret saying this but ... I've been liking you more and more every day.

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by BreathWeapon View Post
    It's not, SB IT is so win more ... and at the cost of cutting your threat density too.
    Well I'm not moving it back to the maindeck either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    Well I'm not moving it back to the maindeck either.
    If you're comfortable with your density then just cut it, it's not like you're obligated to play the set.
    Breathweapon, I regret saying this but ... I've been liking you more and more every day.

Rapin' your villages, Burnin' your women
    Dec 2008

As to the spree vs stax case, I brought up meltdown a while ago and this seems good in that matchup because, while we risk losing a chrome mox, it allows us to hit all the spheres, trinis, and chalices for 4 mana.

Legacy Staple
    May 2008
    Citizen of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kruchkow View Post
    As to the spree vs stax case, I brought up meltdown a while ago and this seems good in that matchup because, while we risk losing a chrome mox, it allows us to hit all the spheres, trinis, and chalices for 4 mana.
    Same for me, when it comes to killing Trini and a Cotv @1, Spree costs 5 and kills only it, Meltdown costs 4 and kills Trini and Chalice(s) and every other thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastorofmuppets View Post
    you just want us to do that because of your Silences, you sly dog.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Avatar of kicks_422's creation and property

Stay frosty.
    Apr 2009
    New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Piceli89 View Post
    Same for me, when it comes to killing Trini, Spree costs 4 and kills only it, Meltdown costs the same and kills Trini and every other thing.
    Umm when Shattering Spree is paid for under Trinisphere, you get the replicate. For example if I paid RRU for shattering spree when there is a trini, I can kill it and another target.

Meltdown is bad because it is easier to have countered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Have to ask one of those West coasters about recreational purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSyndromeKarl View Post
    A baby seal walks into a club.
    West Coast Legacy

Stop looking at my shiny purple helmet...
    Apr 2008
    London UK

Quote Originally Posted by lorddotm View Post
    Umm when Shattering Spree is paid for under Trinisphere, you get the replicate. For example if I paid RRU for shattering spree when there is a trini, I can kill it and another target.
    Wow - does that actually work? I have never come across that before. Surely, the mana used to pay the extra to make it 3 is spent when the spell resolves? Why would you still have mana to replicate?

Dave
    "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." - John Lennon

Legacy Staple
    May 2008
    Citizen of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by lorddotm View Post

Meltdown is bad because it is easier to have countered.
    Meltdown can be countered, but does Dragon Stompy/Stax play FoW? I don't think so. Well, Faerie Stompy? A dead deck.
    Plus, a good thing about Meltdown over SSpree is that, with 2 USeas in your deck, you can still use them for Meltdown, whereas with SSpree they would be an obstacle. Meltdown is reeally good in a 1/1 Split with Spree if you're also packing more than 11 lands and less than 4 Chrome Moxes, as I do. It is really mana hungry, but in 3Sphere situations it is >>to Spree since it pretty much does ShatterStorm, while the latter is as much as costy but with a narrower range of action. in spite of this, i admit that Spree>>Meltdown in killing Canonists and such, but well, for that you already pack Grapeshot/Deathmark.
    Last edited by Piceli89; 09-25-2009 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Bullshits inside.

Stay frosty.
    Apr 2009
    New York City

Quote Originally Posted by yankeedave View Post
    Wow - does that actually work? I have never come across that before. Surely, the mana used to pay the extra to make it 3 is spent when the spell resolves? Why would you still have mana to replicate?

Dave
    Acordding to my local judge (lvl 2) it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Have to ask one of those West coasters about recreational purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSyndromeKarl View Post
    A baby seal walks into a club.
    West Coast Legacy

Always dazed
    Apr 2006
    Ravenna, Italy

Let's clarify the rules about Shattering Spree to everybody:

Shattering Spree vs Chalice of the Void: Chalice only counters the original spell, not the replicated copies.

Shattering Spree vs Trinisphere: Replicate is an additional cost, so if you replicate your Spree, spending RRR on it, it actually costs 3 for trinisphere purposes.

Summing it up, if the opponent has a Chalice@1 and a Trinisphere in play, you can kill them both with Shattering Spree, paying :R::R::R: (the original gets countered, one copy goes to chalice, and the other one to trinisphere. Total cost = 3, so trini does not affect it) .

I know, it feels like cheating. But isn't that how it is supposed to be with combo decks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape, TrialByFire, Silverdragon mix
    We got Goyf Threshold, Deadgoyf Ale, Survival of the Goyfest and Goyfalid Breakfast.
    It probably won't end until we have decks like Goyf Stax, Goyfbelcher, Goyfchantress, Vial Goyflins, Goyfstill, Goyf from the Loam, Faergoyf Stompy, Goyf-Pox, Goyf Confinement, 8-Land Goyfstompy, and the Dave Gearhart classic, Goyfidarity.
    And Ichgoyfrid, Red Deadgoyf, GES, 42landand4goyf.dec, Goyf Game and Ill-Gotten-Goyf-y Pop
    Currently Playing: Nourishing Lich.Deck
    Current Record: 1-83-2

Stop looking at my shiny purple helmet...
    Apr 2008
    London UK

Ahh, ok, I see what you did there. Thanks for the links, I will be sure the stomp face next time I play against my local Stax player!

Dave
    "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." - John Lennon

Legacy Staple
    May 2008
    Citizen of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOne View Post
    Let's clarify the rules about Shattering Spree to everybody:

Shattering Spree vs Chalice of the Void: Chalice only counters the original spell, not the replicated copies.

Shattering Spree vs Trinisphere: Replicate is an additional cost, so if you replicate your Spree, spending RRR on it, it actually costs 3 for trinisphere purposes.

Summing it up, if the opponent has a Chalice@1 and a Trinisphere in play, you can kill them both with Shattering Spree, paying :R::R::R: (the original gets countered, one copy goes to chalice, and the other one to trinisphere. Total cost = 3, so trini does not affect it) .

I know, it feels like cheating. But isn't that how it is supposed to be with combo decks?
    Oh didn't really know about it. Ok, that's a really good news, and a thumb up for SSpree. But i'd still give Meltdown a chance.

Oh didn't really know about it. Ok, that's a really good news, and a thumb up for SSpree. But i'd still give Meltdown a chance.
    Meltdown is a liability vs FoW/Chalice decks and Gaddock Teeg, I don't really see any reason to run it.

Legacy Staple
    May 2008
    Citizen of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by BreathWeapon View Post
    Meltdown is a liability vs FoW/Chalice decks and Gaddock Teeg, I don't really see any reason to run it.
    You need to cast Meltdown against a deck w/ gaddock teeg? You meet so many Faerie Stompies at your own tournaments? I don't.

Bryant Cook

You need to cast Meltdown against a deck w/ gaddock teeg? You meet so many Faerie Stompies at your own tournaments? I don't.
    You realize theres magic players out there who aren't good at magic right? Not to mention, I've played against Aggro Loam where they have Chalice and Teeg out. Faerie Stompy makes the occasional appearance here in the northeast US. Why play a worse card (Meltdown), because you're saying decks are dead. The only time I'd ever want meltdown over Shattering Spree is if Affinity was huge in the metagame. But sadly, robots will never be as cool as mermaids.

I'm actually kind of surprised not everyone knew how replicate worked.

Edit: I probally play against more stax and dragon stompy than anyone else that plays TES so I'm definitley keeping hurkyl's recall and my 2 shattering sprees.

Jan 2009
    Plateau, Montreal

I have to agree with you Lebron Jim. Up here in Montreal, we get at least 2-3 Stompy players and 1-2 Stax pilots at (more or less) every large event. Then again, my meta calls for the slots.

Personally, I like having the flexibility in my SB, but I'm still torn.

Bryant Cook

Re: [Deck] TES - The EPIC Storm

The opening post keeps deleting itself, not to mention, this thread is 105 pages long, click here for the new TES thread.

Thread Information