Page 399 of 400 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400 LastLast
Results 7,961 to 7,980 of 7999

Thread: [Deck] Merfolk

Re: [Deck] Merfolk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    when proposing a new card, one must pick a card to remove
    i propose remove smuggler's copter in the lists who play it

This new Merfolk is clearly designed to go in the Standard or Modern UG Merfolk decks that play cards like Deeproot Elite, Jade Bearer, and Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca. It doesn't make sense to me why it would go in a mono U shell. So the only question is, would the upgrade to the UG shell be adaptable to be Legacy-playable?

I am going to be testing Ben in legacy, basically removing snuggles from the deck. just to check it out for science.
    http://www.twitch.tv/fishcastmtg

here's my deckles:
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/visual/1642761

Jun 2009
    Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by notkodysmith View Post

I am going to be testing Ben in legacy, basically removing snuggles from the deck. just to check it out for science.

here's my deckles:
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/visual/1642761
    How did it go? I like the card but I wish they had printed some mono blue fish that explored, or like a 1 drop blue who explored if another merfolk was played.

Jun 2009
    Detroit, MI

Fish is back on the menu boys!

m_boy and then medvedev won the PTQ and then came in 6th at the challenge recently with the same lists. Feature 4x Tricksters and 2x Harbinger, surprisingly no Force of Negations or Waterlogged Groves.

Looks like everyone decided Delver and Dark Depths are the decks to play so loading up on the tap down and bounces makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Fish is back on the menu boys!

m_boy and then medvedev won the PTQ and then came in 6th at the challenge recently with the same lists. Feature 4x Tricksters and 2x Harbinger, surprisingly no Force of Negations or Waterlogged Groves.

Looks like everyone decided Delver and Dark Depths are the decks to play so loading up on the tap down and bounces makes sense.
    My question is: what card is better in the current meta? Merfolk trickster or harbinger of the tides?
    Last edited by Thorgils; 09-24-2019 at 05:25 AM.

Jun 2009
    Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgils View Post
    My question is: what card is better in the current meta? Merfolk trickster or harbinger of the tides?
    Trickster easily, not being restricted to the creature being tapped and unconditional flash make it much stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Trickster easily, not being restricted to the creature being tapped and unconditional flash make it much stronger.
    Yeah, it's true but against a 20/20 tap it is not so much... bouncing marit lage with harbinger mean destroy it... also against delve creature bounce is much better than tap it... and return delver in hand means gain more than one turn...
    Last edited by Thorgils; 09-30-2019 at 03:13 AM.

I am testing "brazen borrower", i know it is not a merfolk, but i think is a greate card: we can play 4 copy of bounce spell for remove silver bullet like ensnaring bridge, humility and similar without the afraid of remove from deck list too many creature and in this metagame the card is fantastic... remove fast 20/20 combo and block a second marit lage if necessary, bounce delver and/or block it and bounce a sword of fire and ice or jitte make huge tempo advantage

Jun 2009
    Detroit, MI

I am testing "brazen borrower", i know it is not a merfolk, but i think is a greate card: we can play 4 copy of bounce spell for remove silver bullet like ensnaring bridge, humility and similar without the afraid of remove from deck list too many creature and in this metagame the card is fantastic... remove fast 20/20 combo and block a second marit lage if necessary, bounce delver and/or block it and bounce a sword of fire and ice or jitte make huge tempo advantage
    I like it, let us know how testing goes. The part of Echoing Truth to return multiple of the same card seems to come up a lot (monk tokens) but being stapled to a flyer might be enough.

Unsettled Mariner
    Protects you *and all* your permanents (not just Merfolk)
    Protects against spells *and* abilities
    It’s a 2-mana Merfolk
    The ability stacks in multiples

Works against:
    Discard
    Spot removal
    Wasteland
    PW activations

Especially slows the opponent down if they’re trying to use repeated activations/spells — like Porting you over many turns, grinding with Punishing Fire, unloading multiple counters at once from a Ballista or Jitte.

Works well against storm: If someone wants to Tendrils or Brain Freeze you, they have to pay for every copy.

I don’t know what current lists are, so I don’t know what to cut or if the white splash is worth it. Countersliver uses this, though.

Edit: Don’t try to Vial this into play in response to StP, though, since it doesn’t work like Crystalline Sliver.

Edit2: UW Lurrus Merfolk, cut TNN?

Nobody play this deck anymore?
    We have:
    *an istant win combo version with thassa oracle
    https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=28122&d=422797&f=LE
    *hullbreacher: a fantastic 3/2 flash merfolk that make impossibile opponent extra draw.
    *a new version with chrome mox and the new dual card land/spell that can be played as a Land or pitched with force of will/negation or used with chrome mox
    https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=28407&d=424726&f=LE

I think that we have enough to talk about!!!

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Nobody play this deck anymore?
    We have:
    *an istant win combo version with thassa oracle
    https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=28122&d=422797&f=LE
    *hullbreacher: a fantastic 3/2 flash merfolk that make impossibile opponent extra draw.
    *a new version with chrome mox and the new dual card land/spell that can be played as a Land or pitched with force of will/negation or used with chrome mox
    https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=28407&d=424726&f=LE

I think that we have enough to talk about!!!
    Talk about a gamble with that combo. People run 4 FOW, 2 Negation, 4 dazes. While we have 4 FOW.

it would be better in the SB to catch non-blue decks by surprise or when people side out counters against merfolk

Talk about a gamble with that combo. People run 4 FOW, 2 Negation, 4 dazes. While we have 4 FOW.

it would be better in the SB to catch non-blue decks by surprise or when people side out counters against merfolk
    I also think that the combo funzion better as a B plan in sideboard against deck like death&taxes, goblin or elves that we can not beat with the usual aggro plan but the combo use 8 slots so i am thinking: what do you think about using thassa oracle in the main and in side put online the 4 copy of the self-mill spell?

From the spoiler thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post

This seems pretty great in Esper vial. Turn their PW or emrakul into a charming prince, or your anything into a second soulherder.
    This is really good with anything that makes a bunch of tokens on etb. Reddit comments pointed out that master of waves fits the bill nicely. As I believe token copies contribute to devotion, this plus 2 devotion plus master of waves is 4 masters plus 18 elementals for a total of 98 power.

edit: with 0 devotion it is 10 power over 4 bodies, and 1 devotion it is 38 power over 11 bodies. That’s still probably good enough to win.

Its is also hilariously good removal with Lord of Atlantis

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Its is also hilariously good removal with Lord of Atlantis
    I see this card used in a more offensive manner.

I see this card used in a more offensive manner.
    What is more offensive than U: counter and “exile” your uro, you get a bear, I get a gaea’s anthem?

Sep 2011

The new lord lets Merfolk play a funny tempo game.

Fish FriDaze

//Creatures: 27
    4 Cursecatcher
    4 Rishadan Dockhand
    4 Vodalian Hexcatcher
    4 Master of the Pearl Trident
    4 Silvergill Adept
    4 Merfolk Trickster
    4 True-Name Nemesis

//Spells: 8
    4 Force of Will
    4 Daze

//Artifacts: 4
    4 Aether Vial

//Lands: 20
    3 Wasteland
    3 Cavern of Souls
    13 Island
    1 Otawara, Soaring City

I’m a little bit sad to come back and find out this isn’t a real deck anymore 😢
    Bless your heart, we must consider Blue/White Tempo's strategy and win percentages in an entirely different deck thread. -4eak

Thread Information