Page 399 of 399 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399
Results 7,961 to 7,971 of 7971

Thread: [Deck] Merfolk

Re: [Deck] Merfolk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    when proposing a new card, one must pick a card to remove
    i propose remove smuggler's copter in the lists who play it

This new Merfolk is clearly designed to go in the Standard or Modern UG Merfolk decks that play cards like Deeproot Elite, Jade Bearer, and Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca. It doesn't make sense to me why it would go in a mono U shell. So the only question is, would the upgrade to the UG shell be adaptable to be Legacy-playable?

I am going to be testing Ben in legacy, basically removing snuggles from the deck. just to check it out for science.
    http://www.twitch.tv/fishcastmtg

here's my deckles:
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/visual/1642761

Jun 2009
    Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by notkodysmith View Post

I am going to be testing Ben in legacy, basically removing snuggles from the deck. just to check it out for science.

here's my deckles:
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/visual/1642761
    How did it go? I like the card but I wish they had printed some mono blue fish that explored, or like a 1 drop blue who explored if another merfolk was played.

Jun 2009
    Detroit, MI

Fish is back on the menu boys!

m_boy and then medvedev won the PTQ and then came in 6th at the challenge recently with the same lists. Feature 4x Tricksters and 2x Harbinger, surprisingly no Force of Negations or Waterlogged Groves.

Looks like everyone decided Delver and Dark Depths are the decks to play so loading up on the tap down and bounces makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Fish is back on the menu boys!

m_boy and then medvedev won the PTQ and then came in 6th at the challenge recently with the same lists. Feature 4x Tricksters and 2x Harbinger, surprisingly no Force of Negations or Waterlogged Groves.

Looks like everyone decided Delver and Dark Depths are the decks to play so loading up on the tap down and bounces makes sense.
    My question is: what card is better in the current meta? Merfolk trickster or harbinger of the tides?
    Last edited by Thorgils; 09-24-2019 at 05:25 AM.

Jun 2009
    Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgils View Post
    My question is: what card is better in the current meta? Merfolk trickster or harbinger of the tides?
    Trickster easily, not being restricted to the creature being tapped and unconditional flash make it much stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Trickster easily, not being restricted to the creature being tapped and unconditional flash make it much stronger.
    Yeah, it's true but against a 20/20 tap it is not so much... bouncing marit lage with harbinger mean destroy it... also against delve creature bounce is much better than tap it... and return delver in hand means gain more than one turn...
    Last edited by Thorgils; 09-30-2019 at 03:13 AM.

I am testing "brazen borrower", i know it is not a merfolk, but i think is a greate card: we can play 4 copy of bounce spell for remove silver bullet like ensnaring bridge, humility and similar without the afraid of remove from deck list too many creature and in this metagame the card is fantastic... remove fast 20/20 combo and block a second marit lage if necessary, bounce delver and/or block it and bounce a sword of fire and ice or jitte make huge tempo advantage

Jun 2009
    Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgils View Post
    I am testing "brazen borrower", i know it is not a merfolk, but i think is a greate card: we can play 4 copy of bounce spell for remove silver bullet like ensnaring bridge, humility and similar without the afraid of remove from deck list too many creature and in this metagame the card is fantastic... remove fast 20/20 combo and block a second marit lage if necessary, bounce delver and/or block it and bounce a sword of fire and ice or jitte make huge tempo advantage
    I like it, let us know how testing goes. The part of Echoing Truth to return multiple of the same card seems to come up a lot (monk tokens) but being stapled to a flyer might be enough.

Unsettled Mariner
    Protects you *and all* your permanents (not just Merfolk)
    Protects against spells *and* abilities
    Itís a 2-mana Merfolk
    The ability stacks in multiples

Works against:
    Discard
    Spot removal
    Wasteland
    PW activations

Especially slows the opponent down if theyíre trying to use repeated activations/spells ó like Porting you over many turns, grinding with Punishing Fire, unloading multiple counters at once from a Ballista or Jitte.

Works well against storm: If someone wants to Tendrils or Brain Freeze you, they have to pay for every copy.

I donít know what current lists are, so I donít know what to cut or if the white splash is worth it. Countersliver uses this, though.

Edit: Donít try to Vial this into play in response to StP, though, since it doesnít work like Crystalline Sliver.

Edit2: UW Lurrus Merfolk, cut TNN?

Thread Information