Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Compact Combos

Re: List of Compact Combos

Quote Originally Posted by Lego View Post
    You need a target to be able to play Pact of Negation. Their Pact can also target whatever your Pact targeted.
    So their Pact counters that spell, and your Pact is countered on resolution due to not having a legal target, and you don't have to pay the cost.

Sep 2009
    Bratislava, Slovak republic

look at Magosi, The Watervell. combine it with Clockspinning. Two cards, Five lands in play... Infinite turns.

Doesn't work. Clockspinning needs another counter on the permanent to work.

Sweet Sixteenth
    Jul 2004
    Fairfax City, VA

Quote Originally Posted by Offler View Post
    look at Magosi, The Watervell. combine it with Clockspinning. Two cards, Five lands in play... Infinite turns.
    you need to have 6 lands because Magosi requires U to use. Also one of the drawbacks is that it requires you to first skip your turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Getsickanddie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Parcher View Post
    Looks like Team Unicorn has about sixteen coming to this.

What's the term for a plural group of Unicorns? Y'know, like a murder of crows. Well that's what's on it's way.
    ******s?
    While this is close it's still wrong. Every one knows it's an orgy of unicorns.
    Team Unicorn is too hetero for me.
    TeaM NOVA for life.

Has anyone seen my pants?
    Aug 2009
    Towanda, PA

that combo could work, if you skipped your turn to put a counter on it in the first place. Then used Clockspinning to add a second counter before you remove one to start taking extra turns. Is it combo? Sure. Is it really worth it? No.
    Skizzik No Kicker. Like a true retard.

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenC View Post
    Honestly, I wonder if I just decided to play the format with the most whiney players or if every format is like this.

That combo won't work, as you have to bounce the land to take a turn and by doing that, you lose all counters. RTFC.

Has anyone seen my pants?
    Aug 2009
    Towanda, PA

haha, and you couldn't have said that to start?
    Its a shitty card that will never see play, so I didn't read it carefully, sue me.
    Skizzik No Kicker. Like a true retard.

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenC View Post
    Honestly, I wonder if I just decided to play the format with the most whiney players or if every format is like this.

I'm so meta, even this acronym
    Sep 2008

Gifts Ungiven -> Vampire Hexmage/Dark Depths/Grim Discovery/Regrowth

1-card 4-mana tutor into a 4-mana win by 20/20 two turns later. Also the only truly dead card in that pile is Dark Depths. Decent.

Quote Originally Posted by DownSyndromeKarl View Post
    haha, and you couldn't have said that to start?
    Its a shitty card that will never see play, so I didn't read it carefully, sue me.
    RTFC was mostly intended for the people who thought it was a combo.

Sep 2009
    Bratislava, Slovak republic

oops. i didnt noticed that it returns to hand :)

Clockspinning can work when there is a counter on it, but while it returns it wont work.

Poisonous Foogoofiish
    Feb 2006
    Germany

Thopter Foundry + Sword of the Meek, backed up by something like Academy ruins and maybe Chrome Mox, so that you only need Foundry in play with Sword in the graveyard.
    What do you think - how good is this against decks like Zoo?
    BBB

Dec 2007
    Milan, Italy

Add Carnival of Souls for infinite tokens, or Time Sieve for infinite turns, or both.

Also, Carnival of Souls allows you to combo out really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlock View Post
    Thopter Foundry + Sword of the Meek, backed up by something like Academy ruins and maybe Chrome Mox, so that you only need Foundry in play with Sword in the graveyard.
    What do you think - how good is this against decks like Zoo?
    Seems too slow and too vulnerable to Qasali Pridemage main and Krosan Grip from the side. You'd need to have another plan in case you couldn't get Foundry to stick.

There's also the fact that it costs two mana and isn't a creature, making it rather difficult to tutor for.

EDIT: Enlightened Tutor is just about it. Could be workable in a Counterbalance deck that wins without Tarmogoyf, but there's not much else good in those colors to run after you add Swords and Bob. Esper Charm? Seems workable against control and Counterbalance, but awful elsewhere. Disciple? Maybe, but that pushes you towards traditional Affinity, which has no use for this combo.

Your best bet may be , using Tarmogoyf and Maelstrom Pulse, along with Dark Confidant and Counterbalance. You'd need to diversify your curve, though. Going straight for this combo seems weak since it's not like Painter-Stone where both halves have several cards you can use as tutors (Trinket Mage and Imperial Recruiter).

Nov 2006
    Hungary

Quote Originally Posted by Bigface View Post
    Add Carnival of Souls for infinite tokens, or Time Sieve for infinite turns, or both.

Also, Carnival of Souls allows you to combo out really fast.
    Woah. 10 years later and we finally have a use for Carnival of Souls?
    SummenSaugen: well, I use Chaos Orb, Animate Artifact, and Dance of Many to make the table we're playing on my chaos orb token
    SummenSaugen: then I flip it over and crush my opponent

Oct 2009
    Southern Maryland

Null Rod + Mycosynth Lattice is essentially a game ending combo if you have a better board position.

I have a copy of each of these cards in my semi-casual B/U/r Goblin Welder deck. It is very rare that I end up hardcasting the whole combo, although I guess you could if you really felt like it. Generally I'll hardcast Null Rod and Welder in Mycosynth Lattice in the same turn. It's not terribly hard to disrupt (any creature kill or stifle will do it if you are relying on welder). Having Anger in the grave helps a lot though since Welder can activate immediately.

I usually only go for the combo if I'm using the deck in multiplayer (things like Inkwell Leviathan and Platinum Angel tend to be more useful in 1-on-1). A single copy of Darksteel Collossus makes it so I don't get decked if I have have cleared the board prior to playing the combo.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Illissius View Post
    Woah. 10 years later and we finally have a use for Carnival of Souls?
    Yeah, hell has frozen over.

A nice little interaction I noticed yesterday:

Kira, Great Glass-Spinner + Ethersworn Canonist

It makes your creatures immune to non-permanent spot removal because they can only play one spell per turn - which is blocked by Kira.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    It makes your creatures immune to non-permanent spot removal because they can only play one spell per turn - which is blocked by Kira.
    Sort of, but they still could use Firespout, Pyroclasm(okay anything like that, not going to list the rest), Wrath of God, etc.

When the Hell did we get Ice Cream?
    Jun 2008
    NE Ohio

Easy.. You run:
    Ashnods Altar
    Banefire
    Enduring Renewal
    Ornithopter

You sac the thopter to the altar, comes back, sac get infinite mana and Banefire them outta the Game

Or you could do the
    Ashnods Altar
    Fecundity
    Saproling Cluster

You discard, make a guy, sac the guy, get 2 mana, draw a card from fecundity, pay one, repeat, sift through your whole deck, and get close to enough mana to Banefire'm outta the game!
    [SIZE="1"][I]Team [Insert a name here - Akron?] - [very big point with adverbs modifying adjectives and other adverbs]

Not really a combo, but you'll typically get to swing for the win on the following turn:
    Skill Borrower + Congregation At Dawn -> Phyrexian Devourer x2 Jodah's Avenger

Activate the Devourer Abilities, then use The Avenger's Ability to keep the power below 7. (Once before the first Devour resolves, 6 times before the second.) On the following turn, use Jodah's Avenger for Shadow & Double Strike to swing for the win.

Lord Sapito of the Bloated Toad
    Dec 2004
    Upstate NY

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Not really a combo, but you'll typically get to swing for the win on the following turn:
    Skill Borrower + Congregation At Dawn -> Phyrexian Devourer x2 Jodah's Avenger

Activate the Devourer Abilities, then use The Avenger's Ability to keep the power below 7. (Once before the first Devour resolves, 6 times before the second.) On the following turn, use Jodah's Avenger for Shadow & Double Strike to swing for the win.

Wouldn't you just activate the first Devourer, then on the stack, activate the second one's ability, leaving you with just the Avenger on top before she even gets the counters, saving her?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssbm Rocks1 View Post
    4 [ZEN] Terra Stomper-Uncounterable 8/8 trampler! How can Merfolk and Canadian thresh beat that?

Thread Information