Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Compact Combos

Re: List of Compact Combos

3/7(9)/0 - I think

Not entirely sure what chaff refers to, but I believe it is zero because all of the cards you need are specifically for the combo.

Bazaar Trader/Immortal Coil/Bojuka Bog or Relic of Progenitus.

Not quite as much mana as it seems because it can be paid in pieces.

Give them Coil and then nuke their graveyard.

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Illissius View Post
    Woah. 10 years later and we finally have a use for Carnival of Souls?
    Haha! Fecundity for infinite draw, Disciple of the Vault for infinite damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    ... It feels like a bummer to spend so much time not talking about the game and more time arguing over whether Dega or Mardu is the better name for a three color deck you'll never see in Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Damaged View Post
    Wouldn't you just activate the first Devourer, then on the stack, activate the second one's ability, leaving you with just the Avenger on top before she even gets the counters, saving her?
    There's a self-destruct clause on the devourer's ability.
    Phyrexian Devourer

Otherwise, you could just go with Devourer x3 and swing for the win.

Lord Sapito of the Bloated Toad
    Dec 2004
    Upstate NY

Oh, I saw that. I didn't realize the new wording on it makes the self-destruct clause part of the activated ability rather than a static effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssbm Rocks1 View Post
    4 [ZEN] Terra Stomper-Uncounterable 8/8 trampler! How can Merfolk and Canadian thresh beat that?

Congregation at Dawn combos on itself via Borrower/Kiki-Jiki/Mogg Fanatic. The problem is untapping with Borrower alive.

If you have Borrower on the table, you can Congregate Kiki/Mogg during upkeep, go infinite Borrowers, draw and then sacrifice a bunch of them to ping the opponent dead. With a Top, you could pull this one off at instant speed for one extra colorless mana.

In fact, I believe this would be fairly strong in EDH.
    FeFe Team: Legacy in the Southern Hemisphere.

celestial convergence/ vampire hexmage 2/6/1

similar to hex/depths, except that it uses an enchantment instead of a land, but wins off a trigger instead of attacks. sac hexmage to remove the counters on celestial convergence causing the player with highest life to win. the chaff being something like martyr of sands or other cheap life gain to make it work. not sure how easy/hard it would be to get more life than an opponent (ez vs combo hard vs aggro?) but it could be fun.

Grave dependency: n
    Needleability: y
    Stiflabitiliy: y
    Forceability: Y
    Wastelandability: n
    Swordsability: n
    Disenchantability: y
    Chaliceability: not really

Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Or just throw it in Life.dec and call it an extra win con.

Sep 2007
    Roseville, MN

Quote Originally Posted by xTrainx View Post
    3/7(9)/0 - I think

Not entirely sure what chaff refers to, but I believe it is zero because all of the cards you need are specifically for the combo.

Bazaar Trader/Immortal Coil/Bojuka Bog or Relic of Progenitus.

Not quite as much mana as it seems because it can be paid in pieces.

Give them Coil and then nuke their graveyard.
    This looks correct, but for the record, chaff are cards that you need for the combo, but drawing them doesn't help your combo go off. For example, natural order progenitus requires 2 cards to go off (natural order and a green creature) and it has a chaff of 1 (progenitus).

Jun 2008
    Denver, CO

Gotta take Angel's Grace / Ad Nauseam off the list.
    Angel's Grace prevents damage; AdN is life loss. Not the same thing.

Don't ping the hydra
    May 2007
    Spain

But Angel's Grace prevents you from losing the game, it doesn't matter that you are at negative life. You still draw your whole library because life loss is not life payment.

There's a soft lock with eldrazi monument, donate, and forbidden orchard.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Go inifinite life with New Leyline of Vitality, Saffi eriksdotter, and Loyal Retainers. Harder to break up than the old Soul warden route also.

Combo player
    Mar 2010
    Orangeville, Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by dahcmai View Post
    Go inifinite life with New Leyline of Vitality, Saffi eriksdotter, and Loyal Retainers. Harder to break up than the old Soul warden route also.
    If you use crypt champion instead of retainers you have projectX (standard deck from a while back)

Nov 2005
    Germany

Just as a reminder: I'm not including 3-card combos. 2.5-card combos (2 specific ones, 1 of a large subset) would require a hard sell... I'm explicitly not including 'Infernal Tutor + double Lion's Eye Diamond' for an Ill-Gotten-Gains/Tendrils loop', even though replacing one of the LED with other fast mana just increases the initial mana requirements to a still-reasonable amount.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but Boggart Birth Rite + another in the graveyard gets you a storm count equal to the black mana you're willing to commit to it. Doesn't seem to be a useful plug into any current decks, but it seemed worth mentioning.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by martyr View Post
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but Boggart Birth Rite + another in the graveyard gets you a storm count equal to the black mana you're willing to commit to it. Doesn't seem to be a useful plug into any current decks, but it seemed worth mentioning.
    I don't think that works because as Boggart Birth Rite resolves, the card itself will not be in the graveyard. It will only work if you have a second copy in the yard.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Jank Slayer
    Dec 2009
    Dallas, TX

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    I don't think that works because as Boggart Birth Rite resolves, the card itself will not be in the graveyard. It will only work if you have a second copy in the yard.
    He said "+ another". Pretty sure Martyr meant 2 copies of Boggart Birth Rite.
    Last edited by Broham; 09-04-2010 at 01:26 AM. Reason: tags
    David Sutherland * the Dallas Crab

Dec 2006
    Spain

It's better with 2x Sensei's Divining Top. You can pay with colorless and draw your top card.

Yeah, I did. You'd have to be willing to Intuition for them + something, or rip through your deck a TON for it to be reasonable, or use Goblin Matron, and even then it gets eaten by graveyard hate. But, storm for a single B mana is about as cheap as it gets.

It's better with 2x Sensei's Divining Top. You can pay with colorless and draw your top card.
    Yeah, good point. I was going to point out the tutors that can get Birth Rite, but Top has Trinket Mage and Enlightened tuor. Way to ruin my day :(

Buried Alive (-> Necrotic Ooze, Phyrexian Devourer, Triskelion) + Reanimate. Though it does require other 1-2 cc cards in the deck.

Thread Information