Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Compact Combos

Re: List of Compact Combos

Quote Originally Posted by idraleo View Post
    Protean Hulk, Show and Tell, Cabal Therapy or Phyrexian Tower (2/3/1)

Grave dependency: Yes
    Needleability: No
    Stiflabitiliy: Yes
    Forceability: Yes
    Wastelandability: No
    Swordsability: Yes
    Disenchantability: No
    Chaliceability: Unfair
    More like

(3/4/3)
    Cards you need Protean Hulk, Show and tell and Cabal Therapy, makes three. Cabal Therapy and Show and Tell cost 4( you need to cast Therapy first) and need Kiki-Jiki, Karmic Guide and Carrion Feeder as Chaff.

BB

Fart Confidant
    Feb 2008

You can cast Therapy the turn before of playing Show and Tell and cast it for free with the flashback ability. The other part of the combo is not relevant in hand since you got to find they throught the deck, even if you ride the Kiki-Karmic or Reveillark-Body Double combo.

It should be 3/3/1 but not more.

Feb 2007
    Azle, TX

Quote Originally Posted by idraleo View Post
    You can cast Therapy the turn before of playing Show and Tell and cast it for free with the flashback ability. The other part of the combo is not relevant in hand since you got to find they throught the deck, even if you ride the Kiki-Karmic or Reveillark-Body Double combo.

It should be 3/3/1 but not more.
    benie is talking about doing the combo all in one turn, and the chaff still counts because it takes up slots in the deck that could be used for protection.
    Giant Growth - not just lurking anymore

Closet noob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    One does not simply make a Radley. Its bright green gates are guarded by more than just naiveness. There is idiocy there that does not sleep. The great derailer is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with smilies, awful grammar and LOLs. The very words you read are a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand Admins could you do this. It is folly.
    Team Battletoads
    (not affiliated with combat amphibians)

Nov 2005
    Germany

Staff of Domination is cool, no doubt... but I can't think of a practicable companion that doesn't have steep requirements. Elves! can use it to win turn 4 more often than not, but that requires a whole engine.

Wouldn't the dancing Golem require a kill in hand and the mana to cast it, making it 3/8/0 and therefore outside the scope of this?

And how would we put down the Roast Swan combo? 2/6/2?

Quote Originally Posted by Iranon View Post
    Staff of Domination is cool, no doubt... but I can't think of a practicable companion that doesn't have steep requirements. Elves! can use it to win turn 4 more often than not, but that requires a whole engine.
    Umbral Mantle is significantly faster (3 instead of 5 mana per tap to go off), and it will work with devoted druid.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan View Post
    Why not Orim's Chant and Isochron Scepter. per turn to lock your opponent out of the game (save a thresholded Barbarian Ring) sounds like game over to me.

Now add a Teferi to this mix and it is a hard lock. I can only think of one way out and it's not a very good one.

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Painter's Servant + Grindstone

2/6/0

Academy Rector+Kaervek's Spite+Barren Glory

2/7/1

Grave dependency: Yes
    Needleability: No
    Stiflabitiliy: Yes
    Forceability: Yes
    Wastelandability: No
    Swordsability: Over 2 turns, yes. One, no
    Disenchantability: Yes
    Chaliceability: No

The advantage of this combo is that you can do other sorts of things with the Rectors besides going "I win.", like finding a Moat or Humility, if you have abother way to activate it. Also, this only takes up 9-10 slots, so there's room for another compact combo, 28 mana sources, and 12 disruption/search spells to boot.

2/2/5*

Tireless Tribe/Transmute

monkey
    Aug 2006
    Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggl3s View Post
    Transmute
    ????????
    info.ninja

I think he means Transmutation. But it still sucks.

monkey
    Aug 2006
    Los Angeles

Transmutation costs 2. Maybe About Face?
    info.ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Candle View Post
    I think he means Transmutation. But it still sucks.
    no it fucking rocks your socks

I'm not wearing socks. But if I did, they would be far from rocked. You have to have like 7 cards in hand including Transmutation and pray to god the opponent doesn't have spot removal for a +7. It's also Pithable and Stiflable.

Jan 2007
    ny

Quote Originally Posted by iOWN View Post
    Basalt Monolith/Mesmeric Orb: 2/5/7

An alternative to Breakfast. It costs more mana, but isn't vulnerable to creature hate (in the sense that the pieces can safely come out on different turns). It mills a single card at a time. I listed chaff as 7, for 3 Narcomoeba, Kiki/Guide/Hussar, and Dread Return, however, considering the opening post, it could be 6 if you use 'Goyf and Ghoul instead (which also recquires Dragon Breath). This combo is also colorless, and can come out through the use of Ancient Tomb/City of Traitors.
    I have a question, how does this one work? Basalt monolith says you can't use the mana for abilities of permanents named basalt monolith, or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by dude 666 View Post
    I have a question, how does this one work? Basalt monolith says you can't use the mana for abilities of permanents named basalt monolith, or am I missing something?
    You're looking at an old wording. You can now use Monolith to untap itself. Look here.

Jan 2007
    ny

Thanks alot, that clears things up....still doesn't make that combo any more viable though :(

Quote Originally Posted by dude 666 View Post
    Thanks alot, that clears things up....still doesn't make that combo any more viable though :(
    I don't think it's too inviable. It does suddenly win in no colors. It could fit in a Stax or Wildfire deck.

I always like the following:

2/5/0

Animate Land + Eradicate

Its more of a causal combo, however it does have the ability to completely remove any number of given lands in someone's deck. Always thought it could be helpful at least.

Jan 2007
    ny

I'm pretty sure waste + extirpate is much better.

Thread Information