Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Ultra Pro VS. Dragon Shield

Re: Ultra Pro VS. Dragon Shield

So, in conclusion, all sleeves suck, and are awesome at the same time. Lol. Every brand has people that swear by it, while others have problems with it.

Banned

Feb 2008
    SF CA USA

ya, that is our conclusion....

Each sleeve brand has their tradeoffs, while still retaining problems amongst eah other from unevenness to busting depending on how the cards are shuffled....

OVER 9000
    Aug 2008
    Michigan

I am going to a Tourny that the 1st place prize is a Black lotus so i figured i should rock something special in order to strike fear into my opponents.

http://sales.starcitygames.com//card...?product=51774

Hoping these do the trick, has anyone seen these in person or used them???
    Made day 2 in GP columbus

So, folks, I just heard about KMC "perfect fit" sleeves. What's the deal with them? Do they just slip over your card and then go into another sleeve?
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Mantis Toboggan, M.D.
    Aug 2006
    Toronto, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    So, folks, I just heard about KMC "perfect fit" sleeves. What's the deal with them? Do they just slip over your card and then go into another sleeve?
    Yeah. They work really well. You put the perfect fits on upside down, then put them in a regular sleeve normally.

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by goobafish View Post
    Yeah. They work really well. You put the perfect fits on upside down, then put them in a regular sleeve normally.
    Whats the point?

mull to the skull
    Oct 2007
    SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    Whats the point?
    *shrug*
    It's like doubling up on underwear on a cold winter morning.

Whats the point?
    UNDERWATER MAGIC.

Mantis Toboggan, M.D.
    Aug 2006
    Toronto, Canada

Whats the point?
    Well, I use them for Vintage. They protect the deck from opponents who try to riffle shuffle your deck. Also, I constantly take cards out of my deck and put them in my binder, the perfect fit sleeves allow them to be pulled out of the binder without getting dirt and your hands on them. Worthwhile IMO for beta power.

I bought a pack of those magic backed UP sleeves, and I'm well impressed. They're by far the best sleeves I've ever had.

mull to the skull
    Oct 2007
    SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by Shtriga View Post
    I bought a pack of those magic backed UP sleeves, and I'm well impressed. They're by far the best sleeves I've ever had.
    They feel a lot like Dragonshields to be honest.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

KMC MAT (BLUE OR BLACK, RED SHOWS BACK OF CARDS) + KMC PERFECT FIT

Serious get outta here if you honestly think anything but old school Yano Gunmetal are equal to or better than the KMCs. I have tried everything and nothing even comes close to the KMC. You seriously have to gouge these sleeves to even come close to scratching them.

@ Shtriga Id rather wrap my Magic Cards in sandpaper then use those, they are horrid.

Dragonshield are overpriced Ultra Pros with more colors.

Ultra Pros are Ultra Pros.

If you can pull the sleeve apart rather easily its crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Banned

Feb 2008
    SF CA USA

Quote Originally Posted by Shtriga View Post
    Which ones were you refering to again?

There is the original black with the mtg logo and then there are those in the 80 count packets with various backings.

The white ones with the magic-card-back on the...back. Around here there isn't a great deal of variety, I have never seen the black ones with the logo for sale

explosive
    Feb 2006
    Germany - RLP

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    KMC MAT (BLUE OR BLACK, RED SHOWS BACK OF CARDS) + KMC PERFECT FIT

Serious get outta here if you honestly think anything but old school Yano Gunmetal are equal to or better than the KMCs. I have tried everything and nothing even comes close to the KMC. You seriously have to gouge these sleeves to even come close to scratching them.

@ Shtriga Id rather wrap my Magic Cards in sandpaper then use those, they are horrid.

Dragonshield are overpriced Ultra Pros with more colors.

Ultra Pros are Ultra Pros.

If you can pull the sleeve apart rather easily its crap.
    Word.

I sometimes use those japanese Ultra Pro Sleeves, they are actually like the KMC Super Black/Blue/Green/whatever, with the difference that they are a bit more solid and have a stronger coloring.

But at the moment I am using the Red-Mat KMCs which show the back of the cards, but those sleeves are so far the most solid sleeves I had in my hand. And they don't look fucked up, even after some heavy play.

The mat red back doesn't reveal you scratches or becomes matted like you can see on the mat black and mat blue ones. They also don't curl. Only the tranparent front becomes a littlebit milky.

The only thing that is annoying is when someone shuffles your deck and manages to make some dog-ears on your sleeves. That's annoying, but when shuffling properly, it should not happen as they are solid and don't bend so easily.
    Team SPOD
    <Der_imaginäre_Freund> props:
    Adan for being the NQG God (drawer)

Whats the point?
    When I got into the realm of BB duals and the like, I realized my cards were getting a bit dirty/worn on the top despite being in a sleeve. So I bought a pack of perfect fits (which have never broken) and decided to protect my investments.

Oh, btw, KMC > Ultra Pro > every other brand > dragon shield.

Thread Information