Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Deck] BG Pox

Does a body good.
    Sep 2007
    Birmingham, AL

[Deck] BG Pox

Pox has seen many forms throughout the years. Since the early days of Magic, Pox has waxed and waned in favor. Pox can be run as mono-black, green splash, white splash as well as other variants. Many people do not play well against Pox, and many more cannot control Pox properly. So what is the point of playing it? Pox introduces an element of play that forces the opponent to second guess themselves. By altering the board and sometimes the win conditions, one can force the opponent to make hasty decisions that cost them a match. As a black control deck, Pox shows what boardwide attrition can do to most decks.

The earlier versions of mono-black Pox relied heavily on Sinkhole, Dark Ritual and Hymn to Tourach. Not much has changed since then, other than the printing of Small Pox. With the inclusion of Small Pox, we can now see that sometimes a series minor losses are worse than one or two major ones. Most Pox decks rely on a base now that includes the original Sinkhole, Dark Ritual and Hymn to Tourach set with the inclusion of Duress and Small Pox.

This article is targeted primarily at the green splash version of Pox. There are many reasons one would choose green splash vs. white splash vs. mono-black, but mostly it boils down to personal preference. In legacy, Pernicious Deed is a great bomb early, mid or late game. With this in mind, many people have come to the conclusion that replacement of a couple of Poxes with Pernicious Deeds allows more control of the targeting of the attrition. Much like warfare of today, Pox has transformed from using nukes and blanket bombing to now using a more surgical strike destruction.

First, I give you my background as reference. Not everything in this article may be correct but I will attempt to portray the facts to the best of my knowledge. I have been playing Magic since right before Beta was phasing out and Unlimited was phasing in. I was about 13 at the time and didn't know much about the game or have much money. Back in the days of a $50 Beta Black Lotus, the game played much different. With the conception of "types", sometime around Mirage block, I decided to stay with Type 1. Back then, locally, Type 1 played out much like today's Legacy does. After leaving the game around Urza's block and then coming back in Mirrodin block, much has changed. Affinity was at it's prime then and the game seemed too slanted to me. So leaving again during Kamigawa and returning during Time Spiral, we are now to today. I have a lot of catching up to do but here we go for the Pox article.

The most current version of an alternate Pox that is currently being developed and played, seems to be "Vaka Pox". Why the name was chosen, I'm not really sure. The inclusion of white into Pox has been going on since the printing of Pox. No need to argue semantics though, you can view the development of the current leading BW Pox here: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5496

The BG Pox you are about to view was originally developed using the Loaming Pox build by André Bärlin and can be viewed here: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7823

Here is a current list that seems to work well against many decks that I play against. Many of the concepts found in other Pox decks and Life from the Loam decks are employed here. Using Threshold's land count as the basis for the mana, I was able to speed up the deck with more acceleration. Recursion creatures were dropped in favor of a faster clock.

BG Pox - [Legacy deck suggested by Dylan Fleming]
    Land [17]:
    4x Bayou
    3x Bloodstained Mire
    2x Polluted Delta
    2x Swamp
    2x Barren Moor
    2x Mishra's Factory
    2x Wasteland

Clock [4]:
    4x Tarmogoyf

Acceleration [14]:
    4x Dark Confidant
    4x Dark Ritual
    3x Mox Diamond
    3x Sylvan Library

Attrition [20]:
    4x Duress
    4x Hymn to Tourach
    4x Sinkhole
    4x Smallpox
    2x Pox
    2x Pernicious Deed

Recovery [5]:
    3x Life from the Loam
    2x Zuran Orb

-------------------

Sideboard [15]:
    2x Infest
    4x Thoughtseize
    3x Krosan Grip
    3x Extirpate
    3x Pithing Needle

Sylvan Library helps to dig deeper in the deck for better dredging and to find the right answer at the right time. Sylvan is very synergetic with the recurable fetchlands and in a pinch can provide that extra card draw you may need.

Zuran Orb helps to stabilize your mid-game life total. Many losses in old lists were due to simply running out of steam mid-game or losing too much life. Once again, recursion of the lands helps to increase the usefulness of the Orb.

Tarmogoyf is probably one of the most abused cards printed recently. Generally, he hits the table as a 4/5 or 5/6 on turns 3 or 4. Adding such a fast clock to the already disruptive attrition has finished many games quicker than any earlier versions could achieve.

Many of the lands were dropped due to the numerous times mana flooding occured. Instead of the deck being based off of Life from the Loam, it now uses LftL as a support card to gain an advantage. LftL could be stripped from the deck completely with Extirpate or the like, and still run just fine.

Mishra's Factory was maintained for chump blocking anything that the goyf and attrition can't handle. It also allows for some damage to still hit the opponent even with the board blowing up turn after turn.

Wasteland provides a great lock for many decks, but against others it is nothing but a detriment to yourself. Generally, a single Wasteland is sufficient to provide the lock, and with the discussion of low dual land supplies, Wasteland may in the future wane in favor. Two seem sufficient to still include this powerful mechanic without sacrificing deck integrity.

The sideboard has not changed much in design, only some of the particulars differ.

Extirpate is a very useful card in conjunction with discard in the deck. Many decks cannot handle the pre-board attrition, adding RFG on top of that post-board is generally devastating. The new Split Second mechanic is very useful as well, making it hold up well against Thresh and Dredge decks.

Many of the older listings included Innocent Blood as a replacement for Duress versus a creature heavy deck. With the printing of Thoughtseize, you may now still provide the same ability of Duress as well as the added creature removal of Innocent Blood. The new life gaining and non-recurring creatures work better with Thoughtseize as well.

Some postings of tournament and testing results from other players in the community would be appreciated in hopes that the green splash Pox may be listed one day as a Deck to Beat.
    "Black Lotus, Mox Ruby, Forest, Channel for 19, Fireball for 20 to you..."

Does a body good.
    Sep 2007
    Birmingham, AL

Re: [Deck] BG Pox

Well, the list I posted before this one was shit. After much testing online, playing in tournaments locally, help from others on the forums and help from others piloting my version; I have finally come up with a more solid list. This list still has some issues with it though.

4 Bayou
    1 Overgrown Tomb
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Polluted Delta
    3 Barren Moor
    2 Cabal Pit
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Treetop Village
    3 Wasteland
    3 Swamp

2 Nether Spirit
    2 Undead Gladiator
    2 Tombstalker

4 Dark Ritual
    4 Duress
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Sinkhole
    4 Smallpox
    3 Life from the Loam
    3 Pernicious Deed
    2 Phyrexian Arena
    3 Mox Diamond

Sideboard:
    3 Krosan Grip
    4 Pithing Needle
    4 Engineered Plague
    4 Leyline of the Void

Fixes:
    This list has fixed issues with games being drawn out too long due to a lack of damage. Thanks to Tacosnape for suggesting the addition of more threats. Tombstalker has allowed the reuse of the graveyard components that were dead before such as Sinkhole, Hymn and Duress. Tombstalker also is an immediate threat when he hits the table, is outside of the range of Pernicious Deed and fixes the graveyard in the event that Nether Spirit is not recurring.

Mishra's Factory was causing issues with a lack of colored mana, they were dropped in favor of an Overgrown Tomb and Treetop Villages. The Treetops are slower but are a more serious threat than Mishra's and do not require as many to be effective. Early game they are a good pitch to Mox Diamond and mid to late game they provide the extra damage that finishes the game before the deck runs out of steam. Overgrown Tomb was added after having Bayou extirpated out of the deck and having to fall back on moxen to recur lands.

A Cabal Pit was dropped for Tabernacle because in effect they attempt the same end goal: the removal of the opponent's creatures. The Tabernacle takes effect immediately, whereas the Cabal Pit sometimes sits dead for a few turns waiting on threshold. The synergy between Tabernacle and Urborg is great as well. The addition of Tabernacle has allowed the alteration of the sideboard to focus more on problems that black has anyways and adding a fix for goblins matchup.

Improvement Needed:
    Matchups against Dragon Stompy have proven difficult. A single moon effect will cripple the deck usually beyond the point of return. Landstill is still an issue due to Crucible and the excessive amount of lands. This same problem is seen when facing decks like 43 Land.

Phyrexian Arena is still a problem, either the tempo needs to be faster or the draw engine needs to be less detrimental. Most game losses involving the arena are nothing more than too much life loss from my own cards, especially the arena.

I would appreciate any advice to further harden this deck versus the DTB list, currently I am at a loss and have moved to playing sui black and breakfast until I can find some solutions to the problems here.

GOB: The Gathering
    Dec 2007

Why did you take out teh Goyf?

Also, I've been convinced that you don't need card draw in a Poxing deck. (You want it sure, but don't NEED it.)

Swapping Pernicious Deed for Pox seems to have distracted you. (firstly, P-D is ALWAYS more mana than Pox... secondly, P-D seems to be the only thing you splashed for -- but it doesn't do the PRIMARY thing that Pox should do -- attack the hand and attack the lands)

Unfortunately, my advice to "harden this deck versus the DTB list" would be to either dump or to use it differently. In my opinion, the meta could use a solid mono- deck...

Does a body good.
    Sep 2007
    Birmingham, AL

I took the Goyf out originally because he was messing up the graveyard for the Nether Spirit to recur. Now he's still out because he 1. doesn't fly and 2. does not rfg components from my graveyard that are unused. The only negative effect I have seen thus far from Tombstalker is that he sometimes messes up my threshold for Cabal Pit, but I have also dropped to only 2 pits so I'm not too concerned.

Actually, the green splash is mainly for the Life from the Loam. The deed was just an extra bonus and is not meant so much as a Pox effect but moreso artifact/enchantment control and board wipe vs. aggro. Tombstalker also synergizes better with the deed since he is almost always outside of the range I can deed for, and so far has always been outside the range I would want to deed for.

I have removed the Phyrexian Arena in favor of Golgari Thug because 1. he can fix my grave by bringing himself or a Tombstalker back, 2. allow the Nether Spirit to recur again and 3. chump block for a while in conjunction with Treetop Village to buy me some time. I have been suggested to add more threats as well, and he meets that standard even though it's only 1 damage. The dredge effect can be nice as well if I'm having trouble finding what I need in lands or creatures.

Dec 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Land View Post
    Actually, the green splash is mainly for the Life from the Loam.
    Hmm... Ok then. Would you say you're using LftL for the dredge (and I can't really see why that would be it) or for the land recursion?

The reason many Pox decks try to run Crucible is because small/Pox destroys land symmetrically... but if you're not running Pox, do you find you need all the land recursion? Is it for mana-fixing?

My personal "Pox-losophy" is that you don't want to have to cast big spells for big mana -- streamline it. Then you don't need the mana-fixing because you can operate with one, two or three lands, max. (...of course, I run mono with Dark Rituals, so your mileage will vary)...

Does a body good.
    Sep 2007
    Birmingham, AL

Hmm... Ok then. Would you say you're using LftL for the dredge (and I can't really see why that would be it) or for the land recursion?
    I'm using Life from the Loam for the dredge to find recursion creatures faster, and to put tech lands into my graveyard for exploitation. I also use it to recur Barren Moor, Treetop Village, Wasteland, Cabal Pit and fetch lands. Loam also helps to recover from losses quicker.

The reason many Pox decks try to run Crucible is because small/Pox destroys land symmetrically... but if you're not running Pox, do you find you need all the land recursion? Is it for mana-fixing?
    It is simply for land manipulation, moving things around where I want them. The greatest benefit I see to running this style of control deck versus a bluer deck like Threshold, is the ability to determine whether a card should be in your hand, library, graveyard or in play. Then exploiting the card to its fullest given it's preferred location.

I have tried Crucible of Worlds, I liked it but I chose Life from the Loam over it simply because of preference. Both can serve comparable purposes but in different ways. With crucible I can run Horizon Canopy for card draw and color. Which allows me to run Mishra's Factory in place of Treetop Village if I want. Mishra's is a better chump blocker but doesn't kill as much. Waiting on a treetop to untap is annoying at times though. Crucible also is a better recover sometimes simply due to the fact that you pay the mana to play it then its effect is free after that. The crucible does blow up to Pernicious Deed though, and is also within an arguable common range for deeds to explode in.

My personal "Pox-losophy" is that you don't want to have to cast big spells for big mana -- streamline it. Then you don't need the mana-fixing because you can operate with one, two or three lands, max. (...of course, I run mono with Dark Rituals, so your mileage will vary)...
    Please clarify "streamline". I do run off of 2 or 3 mana producers max. My preferred mana on the table is a Mox Diamond and a Swamp. I also run Dark Ritual, so I'm not sure what you are saying. The only big spells are Pernicious Deed, which is a 2 turn mana utilization, and Tombstalker who is cast generally for only 2 or 3 mana total.

On a side note, my biggest issue right now is Duress v. Thoughtseize v. Innocent Blood. Mainly, this is a problem in the sideboard though which would determine the answer to the question. For now I'm leaving Duress in.

Dec 2007

Ok, cool.
    Please clarify "streamline".
    Pernicious Deed takes a lot of mana... that's really all I had. I run 2 Powder Kegs, but those don't hit Enchantments...

On a side note, my biggest issue right now is Duress v. Thoughtseize v. Innocent Blood. Mainly, this is a problem in the sideboard though which would determine the answer to the question. For now I'm leaving Duress in.
    I'm a fan of Thoughtseize, simply because it does the job of innocent blood AND duress. In a low-creature meta, of course, run Duress.

Does a body good.
    Sep 2007
    Birmingham, AL

Pernicious Deed takes a lot of mana... that's really all I had. I run 2 Powder Kegs, but those don't hit Enchantments...
    Pernicious Deed does cause problems at times with the requirement for so much mana. In the past it helped more than Pox, and the only thing of mine that it hurts are the Mox Diamonds now. It also has an easier casting cost and doesn't take as long to get a decent effect from it as compared to Powder Keg. Engineered Explosives rarely is large enough to blow up everything I need and iirc it doesn't pop enchantments either.

I'm a fan of Thoughtseize, simply because it does the job of innocent blood AND duress. In a low-creature meta, of course, run Duress.
    Yes, I love the Toughtseize targeting, but sometimes games are won with only 2 life. Unless I can find a reliable, recurable life gain, I believe I may have to stick with md Duress and sb Innocent Blood. The only other way I see to get around this is to run a sweeper in sb like Infest.

Dec 2007

Pernicious Deed does cause problems at times with the requirement for so much mana. In the past it helped more than Pox, and the only thing of mine that it hurts are the Mox Diamonds now. It also has an easier casting cost and doesn't take as long to get a decent effect from it as compared to Powder Keg. Engineered Explosives rarely is large enough to blow up everything I need and iirc it doesn't pop enchantments either.
    Don't get me wrong -- PD is a great spell, it just costs alot. What do you usually pop PD at?

Re: Powder Keg taking long -- the only time I ever need Powder Keg is to blow up things like Chalice (since PK doesn't hit enchantments) which have slowed down the game, or the occasional 1- or 2- mana critter that slips by the Poxing/Discard... EE doesn't hit enchantments either, correct. It "sounds" like your deck isn't getting much of a lock, or the lock isn't sticking... Correct?
    Yes, I love the Toughtseize targeting, but sometimes games are won with only 2 life. Unless I can find a reliable, recurable life gain, I believe I may have to stick with md Duress and sb Innocent Blood. The only other way I see to get around this is to run a sweeper in sb like Infest.
    This I don't understand -- the biggest threat to my life total (in games I win, of course) is my own Poxing. But you don't *run* Pox. I count one Overgrown Tomb & a few fetches.... what's getting you down to 2 life? The opponent?

If that's the case, it seems like all your land-recursion tech is distracting from beating face...

You said earlier, "The greatest benefit I see to running this style of control deck versus a bluer deck like Threshold, is the ability to determine whether a card should be in your hand, library, graveyard or in play."

The benefits of black control are actually (suicidal) damage & discard. When you get away from these two things, the deck loses consistency...

If you don't need much mana for anything but PD, why do you have so much mana-recursion, I guess is my point.

Does a body good.
    Sep 2007
    Birmingham, AL

Don't get me wrong -- PD is a great spell, it just costs alot. What do you usually pop PD at?
    Generally, 3 or less. I havn't had a problem with Chalice of the Void yet, so I'm not sure how the deck would handle versus it.

It "sounds" like your deck isn't getting much of a lock, or the lock isn't sticking... Correct?
    Most of the time, there is no "lock" just attrition which leads to threats that consistently beat theirs OR or they have no threats and I just beat them down freely. I have locked my opponent on occasions but generally around mid-game (turns 5-10ish if counting turns like 1-1-2-2-3-3 etc.) they work their way out of the early-game soft lock. Most of the time though it's too late or they can't go head to head with my creatures. If I have not established dominance around mid-game I generally lose.

If that's the case, it seems like all your land-recursion tech is distracting from beating face...
    There is not much face beating going on, it plays a slower Threshold style of play. Early disruption and removal, mid-game weenies with advantages versus my opponent's and mid to late-game stompers which finish them off.

If you don't need much mana for anything but PD, why do you have so much mana-recursion, I guess is my point.
    So much recursion as compared to what? The BW Pox has roughly the same amount of mana recursion. As for the mono-black, I havn't played it since around Mirage block, so I couldn't say, but I would assume that it runs a couple of crucibles as well.

As far as I can tell the recursion is fine. Maybe I havn't seen a better tuned version yet and am comparing mine to garbage. I generally keep roughly 2-3 lands on the table and late-game I have enough to power the manlands, recursion and draw engines.

Dec 2007

Yes, "Lock" isn't precisely what I meant... I meant "denial of cards-in-hand and lands with which to cast cards" ... "Lock" as in "locked out" ... not a "hard lock" based on permanents...

Ok, so you're sinking SIX mana (over 2 turns usually) into PD... wow... that's a lot ... not that I have a better option, mind you, just putting it into your thought process.

"they work their way out of the early-game soft lock" -- I hear you. Generally, I can knock out early explosive plays from the opponent, then there's a whole lot of nothing while we both re-stabilize... That's why I'm a huge fan of The Rack, running 4. I can understand why PD would make you reject it though.

I don't think that this deck should GET to late game.... if you mean "late game" as in "an arbitrary amount of turns" that's fine, but if the game goes beyond ~10 full turns, the low # of threats the deck runs is going to bite you...

"So much recursion as compared to what?" -- as compared to no recursion. Presumably you've seen my mono decklist in the Pox card discussion thread (the change I'm vacillating between is 2 PK's vs. 2 SDT's maindeck -- if PK is main'ed, I put Pithing Needles in SB) -- read through the thread if you have some free time -- it has some very good discussion, like the Vaka Pox thread, about theory and execution with respect to Pox.

Does a body good.
    Sep 2007
    Birmingham, AL

Before I go any further I must say that my sleeping medication has taken effect some hours ago.

I agree completely with everything up to this point...
    I don't think that this deck should GET to late game.... if you mean "late game" as in "an arbitrary amount of turns" that's fine, but if the game goes beyond ~10 full turns, the low # of threats the deck runs is going to bite you...
    I have increased the threat count to help that but I have sort of hit a plateau with the deck again. Mainly it's a question of: more threats OR more control. I wanted the deck to play very much like a Counter/Burn or Threshold deck, without using blue as the control color. It is getting closer to that and further from the Pox style of decks. Maybe at some point I'll start a different post as a new name and primer. For now though it's still more pox than anything else.

Optimally, I would like to control early game with attrition and kill mid-game with threats. I would like to be able to maintain control via attrition during the mid-game. Meaning, the creatures have to recur properly, be able to use/recur most if not all of my graveyard, and still have enough removal to hinder my opponent. It's style of play is getting closer to this goal but needs some work.

"So much recursion as compared to what?" -- as compared to no recursion. Presumably you've seen my mono decklist in the Pox card discussion thread (the change I'm vacillating between is 2 PK's vs. 2 SDT's maindeck -- if PK is main'ed, I put Pithing Needles in SB) -- read through the thread if you have some free time -- it has some very good discussion, like the Vaka Pox thread, about theory and execution with respect to Pox.
    I was able to skim through your decklist. I had noticed some cards and wondered if they were the best choice to be in there. I wish not to speculate further until I have at least tested the deck. I do also read the BW Pox thread to see another perspective on dual color Pox. Looks like both dual color poxen are going for the same end goal; control through attrition and kill mid-game with maintained control and threats.

Quote Originally Posted by mujadaddy View Post
    EE doesn't hit enchantments either, correct.
    Engineered explosives (I hope that's what EE stand for) DOES hit enchantments - unless they also happen to be a land.
    The actual oracle text:
    2 Mana, Sacrifice Engineered Explosives: Destroy each nonland permanent with converted mana cost equal to the number of charge counters on Engineered Explosives.

The good thing about Engineered Explosives is that they are selective in what they destroy. They will normally leave Mox Diamond on the table, that is also nice, and in fact have *good* synergy with that card (able to put 3 sunburst counters). They also have some kind of sinergy with Tarmogoyf (an artifact that normally ends up in your graveyard). Anyway, I wouldn't consider the explosives as a "board sweeper", but more as a selective bomb (specially against Empty the warrens).

But anyway I agree that maybe this is not the best deck to put the explosives in, as you can handle most artifacts and enchantments with green, and creatures with black, and all the Pox concept is around ruining the opponent's board.

A bit inspired from an old deck that won with Life from the Loam, Pox and Devastating dreams (the winner from http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x...kob06/legdecks, a Kobe Legacy tournament two years ago), is there room to add the Genesis/Eternal Witness "softlock" with Smallpox?

Dec 2007

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabear View Post
    Engineered explosives (I hope that's what EE stand for) DOES hit enchantments - unless they also happen to be a land.
    The actual oracle text:
    2 Mana, Sacrifice Engineered Explosives: Destroy each nonland permanent with converted mana cost equal to the number of charge counters on Engineered Explosives.
    I'm a moron. Ignore me.

Land: If you've got time, *please* test mono Pox ... I've gotten busy since the start of the year and haven't touched any decks at all...

Does a body good.
    Sep 2007
    Birmingham, AL

A bit inspired from an old deck that won with Life from the Loam, Pox and Devastating dreams (the winner from http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x...kob06/legdecks, a Kobe Legacy tournament two years ago), is there room to add the Genesis/Eternal Witness "softlock" with Smallpox?
    Wow, that Genesis + Eternal Witness combo is new to me but definately powerful. It seems to be really mana intensive though, 2G for Genesis, 1GG for Witness then BB for SPox for a grand total of 3GGGBB. The double green is harder to cast but can be done. Eternal Witness has not been tested yet though. I have tried Regrowth in the past and I worked nicely with the exception that it too was mana intensive. Requiring 4 mana or more to redo a pox or Sinkhole effect didn't seem worth it at the time as compared to just drawing into a new attrition. I could definately see the Genesis/Witness being used if aiming for a late-game win, but I'm trying to finish them off before I would have 8 mana split 3/5 available.

Does a body good.
    Sep 2007
    Birmingham, AL

Well I have been playing with this again. Some new cards have been printed making it worth playing around with again. I am very satisfied with this approach to black control.

4x Bayou
    1x Overgrown Tomb
    3x Verdant Crossroads
    3x Mishra's Factory
    2x Cabal Pit
    3x Swamp
    1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    3x Wasteland
    3x Barren Moor

2x Nether Spirit
    4x Tombstalker

4x Small Pox
    4x Hymn to Tourach
    4x Inquisition of Kozilek
    4x Sinkhole
    2x Pox
    2x Life from the Loam
    3x Mox Diamond
    4x Innocent Blood
    4x Dark Ritual

The Tombstalker has always been a nice addition to Pox. Adding Nether Spirit fixes some issues with older variants not having recursion. The new Inquisition of Kozilek fixes the problem of Duress/Thoughtseize. Dropped Pernicious Deed in favour of more low cost removal. Sideboard cards would include:

2x Pernicious Deed
    3x Krosan Grip
    3x Naturalize
    3x Infest
    4x Engineered Plague
    3x Tormod's Crypt
    4x Leyline of the Void

Along with other more standard sideboard options like Pithing Needle, etc.

Jun 2012
    São Paulo, Brasil

I am currently testing a(nother) B/G version for this deck...

Sorceries:
    3 inquisition of kozilek
    3 thoughtseize
    4 smallpox
    2 life from the loam
    4 innocent blood
    3 maelstrom pulse
    1 worm harvest

Enchantments:
    3 pernicious deed

Planeswalkers:
    3 liliana of the veil

Artifacts:
    3 mox diamond

Creatures:
    4 bloodghast

Lands:
    4 verdant catacombs
    4 bayou
    4 mishra's factory
    4 wasteland
    2 barren moor
    1 tranquil thicket
    2 forest
    6 swamp

It's giving me nice results, playing at a local magic shop, in a meta with merfolks, goblins (sometimes), gw, burn and esper blade

Apr 2008
    Hayden, AL

I want to see more information in this thread, it seems like BG Pox is too good to not see some sort of play, or just that people really don't know how to count cards for Poxing.
    Team Shit Sandwich; smelling bad so you don't have to.

Jun 2012
    São Paulo, Brasil

Sometimes I still mess around with this deck... Current list is a bit different:

4 thoughtseize
    4 hymn to tourach
    4 smallpox
    4 innocent blood
    3 life from the loam
    3 maelstrom pulse
    1 worm harvest
    4 bloodghast
    2 pernicious deed
    3 mox diamond
    3 liliana of the veil

lands:
    4 verdant catacombs
    2 marsh flats
    4 wasteland
    4 mishra's factory
    3 bayou
    1 forest
    2 barren moor
    1 tranquil thicket
    4 swamp

Feb 2009
    Philippines

Abrupt Decay is here! Time to retest this!

Thread Information