Page 101 of 180 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3594

Thread: [Deck] Reanimator

Re: [Deck] B/U Reanimator

If I was to add Top to the welder list, is it possible to tap it to draw and then in response weld it still bagging the drawn card with the top ending up in my graveyard?
    For all your magic singles and just an all round cool magic site click on this link

Team Nijmegen Failtrain Captain
    Nov 2009
    Nijmegen, Netherlands

Yes, because the only activation the cast has is tapping it. The placement on the top of your deck is part of the actual effect.

Aug 2009
    Belgium

This list looks good but i still have questions for you :-) Would you still play Sundering Titan with this build ? Sometimes it will hurt you as much as your opponent...

Have you thought to other fatties for his replacement ? I don't see any other artifact creatures that are stronger than Titan.
    If you play titans, i don't see how fetch and bilands can be better then city of brass and mines.

Aug 2007
    Netherlands

No, I would not play Sundering Titan when playing with fetches and duals.

The deck would gear towards more Sphinxes and stuff like Magister Sphinx (the card that sets your life to 10), Sharuum and maybe Platinum creatures (Angel and Emperion).

Nov 2009
    Nijmegen, Netherlands

With fetchland and duals you can start playing brainstorm...arguably the best card in the format and being able to manipulate your hand and protect potential parts of your combo is extremely usable in a fragile combo like this is.

Even while playing duals and sundering titan, it's not that bad to play him once. Besides eating a lot of land, without land, your opponent can't do anything while you can still keep recurring artifacts with welder.

Most decks still play duals and other targetable land. So it doesn't really hurt to nom-nom-nom their manabase. You can safely board it out against mono-decks or decks with very few basic-land types.

Aug 2009
    Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Just me View Post
    Currently I have;
    2 Lotus Petal
    4 Seat of Synod
    4 Greater Furnace
    4 Vault of whispers
    4 City of Brass
    1 Gemstone Mine
    1 Underground Sea (should be Darkslick shores ot another Mine)

As opposed to;
    2 Lotus Petal
    4 Seat of Synod
    2 Greater Furnace
    4 Vault of whispers
    4 Polluted Delta (or mixture vs Needle)
    1 Badlands
    1 Volcanic Island
    2 Underground sea
    This configuration looks really interesting but is impossible with Titans...The manabase would more stable but i'm not convinced that losing titan is a good idea.
    I don't know if there is a stricly better artifact creature than Titan (behalve inkwell and sphinx) ?

During my tests, I was missing Thoughtseize...But i don't know what could be taken out for thoses.
    This version has no brainstorm+fetch, so needs to dig aggressively with study and researcher. And i can not see any other pieces that could be removed... Did anybody else miss thoughtseize ?

Anyway, i will bring the deck to a tourney this weekend and i hope i will get answers to our questions...

@ Oxmo39:
    Have you taken the deck to a tourney yet, How was it?

(I am still waiting for my welders in the post, so I can't do any proper testing myself)
    For all your magic singles and just an all round cool magic site click on this link

Aug 2009
    Belgium

Yep, i could bring it to a tourney on Sunday but it was horrible.
    I explain : i know that i had to mull agressively to find the combo and that's what i did. But even if i had the needed pieces to go off in my starting hand, i wasn't able to protect it. i felt that the deck was too fragile to all the common hate (dicard effects, counters, stp on welder, extirpate & mc fae).

I really missed the protectetions spells that i used to run in the standard reanimator buil : daze, thoughtseize and brainstorm.

Furthermore, if i couldn't go off before T3, the opponent had already developped his gameplan so that he could easily overrun me.

Maybe, it was one of thoses days, but i am really disappointed with the poor results i got.

Conclusions :

- Combo too fragile, too few way to protect it
    - too often resiliant on topdeck ( when one piece of the combo was disrupted nor not yet found)
    - the fatties we run are not always gamebreaking against aggro decks : our clock is not always as fast as theirs.

Well i know this is maybe not really positive nor constructive, but that is the way i see it

Nov 2009
    Nijmegen, Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Oxmo39 View Post
    Yep, i could bring it to a tourney on Sunday but it was horrible.
    I explain : i know that i had to mull agressively to find the combo and that's what i did. But even if i had the needed pieces to go off in my starting hand, i wasn't able to protect it. i felt that the deck was too fragile to all the common hate (dicard effects, counters, stp on welder, extirpate & mc fae).

I really missed the protectetions spells that i used to run in the standard reanimator buil : daze, thoughtseize and brainstorm.

Furthermore, if i couldn't go off before T3, the opponent had already developped his gameplan so that he could easily overrun me.

Maybe, it was one of thoses days, but i am really disappointed with the poor results i got.

Conclusions :

- Combo too fragile, too few way to protect it
    - too often resiliant on topdeck ( when one piece of the combo was disrupted nor not yet found)
    - the fatties we run are not always gamebreaking against aggro decks : our clock is not always as fast as theirs.

in short: teen titans sucks and we have to look back on the older/more common list?
    Well i know this is maybe not really positive nor constructive, but that is the way i see it

Aug 2009
    Belgium

I have never chosen titan to reanimate. i always wanted to choose creatures immuned to removals : Iona, Inkwell or Sphinx.
    I only had Fow to protect myself and it was often used (whan i got it) to protect entom or reanimation spell.

Like i used to play the older version, i always prefered playing a redundant list (with 2 sphinx, 2 inkwell) rather than a toolbox favoring random reanimations.
    Even then, the deck seemed not strong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Just me View Post
    So I have been messing with the Welder-list a little.
    I also noticed that the Zoo matchup is incredibly hard since anything you bring out dies to StP or Path to Exile. And Reanimating (paying the life) anyhting is justing asking to be raced to death by death and swarm. Again, you will have to get Iona and you will have to name White or risk getting blown out by White removal.

Anybody with solutions / SB strategies? Because going into any tournament with a bad matchup vs ZOO seems like a bad idea.
    Reanimate Platinum Emperion: he costs no life, and lets you Reanimate everything else without paying life. Also, if you get an active Welder, you can weld the targeted creature (excluding Iona, Sphinx and Welder itself) to your GY to bring out another one. VS many other decks, you could also just Reanimate the Welder and then weld out the big creatures, but vs Zoo's burn spells getting Welder active is more based on luck.

Nevertheless, Iona on white and Sphinx (if you get him to stick) are the best creatures against Zoo. However, even with the traditional animator list I never brought out Sphinx unless I could protect it from the first StoP/PtE. Hopefully, you can also get the Lightning Greaves out on time, because those can be gg for the Zoo player. Especially Sphinx + Greaves = win.

A severe problem vs Zoo with the welder list is Welder's vulnerability to burn spells, and many creatures' vulnerability to Qasali Pridemage. This makes Exhume much worse than usually, as well.

While Inkwell has shroud, he is usually too slow vs Zoo just by himself.

Membre

Sep 2005
    France

Quote Originally Posted by Oxmo39 View Post
    Even then, the [Welder-Engine] deck seemed not strong enough.
    For you to know, here is the list which made 5th/73 and 8th/236 in a big Event this past WE in France.

The Stronghold Gambit SB Tech was taken from The Source's Sneak&Tell Thread for the lands, landstll, TES matchups as well as some critter-lite decks.

The lack of LDV surprised me, but I trust the pilot enough to say it was probably an optimal choice.

Have a nice discussion about those lists...

Bring in the Gambits against Trash decks and Control and combo.... what is boarded out?

4 Sphinx's help with the Venvevine and tribal match-ups, but you don't have a lot to board in against these decks and you probably need something.

Quote Originally Posted by arebennian View Post
    Bring in the Gambits against Trash decks and Control and combo.... what is boarded out?

4 Sphinx's help with the Venvevine and tribal match-ups, but you don't have a lot to board in against these decks and you probably need something.
    Ditto-ed on this.

Anyone tried playtesting the deck yet, doesn't feel very consistent to me (since it has neither tutors nor cantrips).

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

Consistency is reached by playing more threats (4 S&T) instead of playing more cantrips and tutors. In this configuration 4 brainstorm + 4 careful study seems a good choice.
    I have to admit I didn't play the deck in a tournament since MT's ban, and I playtested the deck only a week. But the result has been pretty fine and I don't see what to change atm to improve this UBr list.
    CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES OF A VERY FUN MULTIPLAYER CASUAL FORMAT
    You very likely can build it without spending any money, just out of what you already have.

An example with my (very large) list in a visual form

Oh, I was referring to a combination of both threats and cantrips. But I'll playtest it around since I have most of the cards, haven't touched reanimator since m tutor banning, currently playing sneaky show instead.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Given some lists seem to be going in that direction, I figured I'd post my list that has a full Show and Tell suite. I ran this at GP Columbus and went 6-3, losing the last round to miss day 2, and got 10th at a Jupiter Games Lotus event on October 10th:

1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    1 Inkwell Leviathan
    1 Sphinx of the Steel Wind
    1 Blazing Archon
    3 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

4 Entomb
    3 Show and Tell
    4 Exhume
    4 Reanimate

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder/Preordain
    1 Careful Study
    3 Lim-Dul's Vault

4 Force of Will
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Daze

4 Polluted Delta
    3 Misty Rainforest
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Underground Sea
    2 Island
    2 Swamp

SB:
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    1 Empyrial Archangel
    1 Show and Tell
    3 Pithing Needle
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Hurkyl's Recall
    1 Rushing River
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Faerie Macabre
    1 Extirpate

The thoughts behind this kind of list are really simple: SnT into Emrakul is outright insane, but having additional fat to throw with SnT is nice. I decided to only run 3/3 of the Show and Tell package maindeck because I found myself having Emrakul stuck in my hand too often without Show and Tell, or multiple Show and Tells and reanimation spells, making the deck too clunky. I also adding another land and more basics to fight Wasteland better because you try to hit 3 mana every game. I also cut down the Daze count in the deck for that same reason, in that it slows you from getting to cast Show and Tell quickly, but it's still quite solid when going for a fast reanimate or exhume. The sideboard is self-explanitory for the most part, but I'd be happy to discuss it further for anyone who has questions.

Hey guys this is John Cuvelier, creator of the deck. If you have any questions feel free to ask, I also played Welder Reanimator at the SCG OPEN after I scrubbed out of the Invitational. I lost in the last round not to make top 8 of the Legacy. If you want my new list just let me know.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Hi Did, why exactly do you run Dryad Arbor in your sideboard? I checked the opening post as well as some pages in case it was some kind of matchup-specific tech but couldn't find any explanation.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Nov 2009
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by jcuvelier View Post
    Hey guys this is John Cuvelier, creator of the deck. If you have any questions feel free to ask, I also played Welder Reanimator at the SCG OPEN after I scrubbed out of the Invitational. I lost in the last round not to make top 8 of the Legacy. If you want my new list just let me know.
    Go ahead and post it. Why do you feel welder based reanimator is better than typical UB right now? I personally feel it'd be better once extirpates are out of most peoples boards because welder is essentially an instant speed reanimate, which dodges T-Crypts, Faerie Macbres, relics, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Hi Did, why exactly do you run Dryad Arbor in your sideboard? I checked the opening post as well as some pages in case it was some kind of matchup-specific tech but couldn't find any explanation.
    Its for decks that play edict effects. Most of the fetches can find green, and can get him in response to a sac effect. Same reason some lists used to run bloodghast.

Thread Information