Page 11 of 180 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Reanimator

Re: [Deck] B/U Reanimator

Turn to Mist 1{w/u}
    Instant
    Remove target creature from the game. Return it to play at end of turn.

I think this would be kick ass with Bogardan hellkite, Symbiotic wurm, Woodfall Primus, Angel of despair and other hugh creature with sick "comes into play" abilities.

Hahaha just a thought...

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

not bad...not bad...

not with symbiotic... since its not going to the graveyard... but with the others it might work.

ill have to test this card out too.
    Id like to milk that oreo... split it in half...and lick all that sweet sweet candy off. mmmmm... oreos....

Currently playing: Burn
    May 2007
    Dallas, Texas

I would assume not, but I was curious if anyone was planning on testing the new demi-god of revenge from shadowmoor, its not that great and i don tknow if it'd be better than any of the other slots, but meh, i'm curious.
    ~Hunter~
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Voyeur View Post
    I don't understand the rubik's cube on the tendrils. Are rubik'scubes agents of the dark side?
    -Team Battletoads(not affiliated with combat amphibians)

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

you need to hrdcast him for his ability to work, so its not really that efficient.

the card reads... when you play him... not when he comes into play... and that makes the workd of difference between him being amazing and him sucking balls...at least in this deck.
    Id like to milk that oreo... split it in half...and lick all that sweet sweet candy off. mmmmm... oreos....

Quote Originally Posted by thehunter820 View Post
    I would assume not, but I was curious if anyone was planning on testing the new demi-god of revenge from shadowmoor, its not that great and i don tknow if it'd be better than any of the other slots, but meh, i'm curious.
    I would rather use Body Double than the demigod of revenge.

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

i dont know... body double is rather limited as well...

im going to test out another version of it this friday at Game Empire, with a tweaked sideboard and ill post the results here as always

Twilight Shepherd (3WWW)
    Creature - Angel
    Flying, vigilance, persist
    When Twilight Shepherd comes into play, return all cards put into your graveyard from play this turn to your hand.
    5/5

Any good?

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

i dont know... good for what? there isnt any permanents that when they go to the yard you want them back in your hand...

Quote Originally Posted by rodgon666 View Post
    i dont know... good for what? there isnt any permanents that when they go to the yard you want them back in your hand...
    Cards...not permanents.

Prioritizing WTF over tournament record since 1994
    Jan 2008
    Wellesley, MA

Quote Originally Posted by sankido View Post
    Cards...not permanents.
    "... return all cards put into your graveyard from play this turn to your hand."

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by sankido View Post
    Cards...not permanents.
    if a card goes to the graveyard from play it has to be a permanent, in order for a card to be in play at any given time it has to be a permanent. i dot know the exact wording on the little rulebooks.. but im sure im right.

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

ok so i thought id let you guys in on the very suttle changes i plan on testing tonight mostly sideboard changes and some creature changes.

i once again will run the Jitte version of the deck ( i have to much hate going around and more and more each week since i keep taking first place ^_^ )

Rod's Reanimator
    by Rodrigo Gonzalez
    61 cards.

Spells:
    4x Reanimate
    4x Exhume
    4x Careful Study
    3x Brainstorm
    1x Show and tell

Artifacts
    3x Jitte

Enchantments
    4x Animate Dead

Creatures:
    4x Putrid Imp
    4x Oona's Prowler
    4x Bogardan Hellkite
    1x Simic Sky Swallower
    1x Garza something queen..
    1x Sundering Titan
    1x Akroma, Angel of Wrath
    1x Phantom Nishoba
    1x Bringer of the Blue dawn
    1x Tombstalker

Lands:
    4x Bloodstained Mire
    4x Polluted Delta
    4x Underground Sea
    1x Watery Grave
    5x Swamp
    1x Island

-----------------
    taken in for the account that i dont have intuition anymore i decided to make some creature alterations to the deck, also mostly since im seeing a shitload more targeted removal and alot more 3 color control decks running amock.

creatures that will be changed are as follows.

- 1 tombstalker ( i always wish for this to be something else... its good but as a 1 of not that much without the search ability of intuition, this goes with all the 1 ofs...)

-1 Phanthom nishoba
    -1 Bringer of the blue dawn

+2 SSS
    +1 Sundering titan

with these changes to the main i believe that those 3 color control decks withh have a hard time dealing with me now.

also some changes to the board.

3x stifle
    3x extirpate
    3x defense grid
    3x show and tell
    3x echoing truth

seeing that im less and less concerned with bouncing peoples things back to there hands since i add show and tells and jittes are main, the count for bounce going down is more than justified. also defence grid is just too good to not add since it allows me to control the pace of decks like thresh, landstill and the such since they have to use theyre cantrips during their turns or not at all, plus if i encounter any scepter chant shenanigans its good against it too.

Kobolds!
    Mar 2008
    San Diego, CA

Update: I decided to pilot the deck tonight and Rod decided to play Ichorid.

I decided to play a little with the deck and took out the 3 Jitte and a brainstorm and added 4 standstill. Why? No clue really. It ended up not making a huge difference. more of a win more card. I also kept the creature changes I.E tombstalker went out for Sundering Titan #2 and Nishoba went out for SSS #2

Round 1 Jerry playing Belcher

Game 1: Jerry gets me turn 2

Game 2: I am able to control a bit with a stifle. I have 1 stifle in my hand and an echoing truth turn 3. I get stuck at 2 land and he is able to win. : /

0-1 (Games 0-2)

Round 2 Mike playing Drain Life.dec

Game 1: I second turn a Hellkite. He keeps killing it and I keep animating it. I win

Game 2: Same only he made the mistake of killing my Hellkite and not dealing 10 damage to me when I was at 10

1-1 (Games 2-2)

Round 3: ? Playing Mono Black control

Game 1: he strips a reanimation spell with duress. I get a SSS anyway and beat. Animate a Dragon next turn. Win

Game 2: animate Hellkite turn 2 and 3 he cant deal with it.

2-1 (games 4-2)

Round 4: I think thefreakaccident? Robert playing? scepter chant?

He gives me the win because he is tired.

3-1 (games 6-2)

Round 5: Rod playing Ichorid :P

Game 1: I play first. He draws on his turn and discards. I cast exhume with no creatures in my grave but he has to play his Stinkweed imp. I then animate a hellkite. He doesn't see any dredge or discard outlets and dies to dragon beats.

Game 2: He therapies 2 extirpates from my hand. I have nothing to stop him from comboing I lose.

Game 3: Double extirpate beat with Hellkite and SSS for the win.

4-1 (games 7-3)

I took 4th place (both undefeated players split, and other person had better breakers.)

Great deck and really fun to play. I wish I could have played the Scepter chant match up but I was ok with getting the win.

Human Hunter
    Sep 2006
    California

There is this new rare coming out that might be used as a sideboard against the Reanimator deck. It works as an alternative answer, kinda like Leyline of the Void

Sun-and-Moon Wheel

(w/g)(w/g)

Enchantment - Aura
    Enchant player
    Whenever a card would be put into the graveyard of enchanted player from anywhere, the card is revealed and put onto the bottom of that player's library.

It doesn't completely wreck the Reanimator, but it sure makes Show and Tell a viable counter card; backed up with bounce.

On an off-topic from the Reanimator deck, this is a sweet card against other decks.
    You know that nightmare where your running but you just can't get away...

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

Tormod's Crypt is usually going to be a larger concern than that enchantment. True, Tormod's Crypt only does its thing once, but it costs 0, makes you assemble a reanimation twice, and is fast enough to be effective against Ichorid.
    InfoNinjas

no, have a discard outlet in, a fatass in your hand, and one in the GY

play something like exhume, in resp you remove the GY

once that resolves, discard through the outlet, and target the new creature

tormads does nothing to this deck

That works with exhume, but not with other reanimate spells tht target.

Loves the anus
    Dec 2007
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil

With a crypt in play, the other side only needs to stop Exhume from resolving. Anything else (pre-board, of course) is going to do nothing. You gotta get the crypt cracked when playing a reanimation spell, trading a target and a reanimator for a single crypt. Then, you need to get another fatty in the grave so you can reanimate that one.

Crypt, if nothing else, is a slower plus card disadvantage for you.

EDIT - BTW, just wanted to point this. kthxbye
    Keep moon-walking.

Hah, and who are you directing that towards sir?

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

there are several cards in the new set that are actually descent and worth considering,

hollow baghest

Rite of Consumption ( specially this one)

woodfall primus ( a bad sundering titan... most permanents you dont really care about... but well see..)

just to name a few of the spoiled cards.

well see if theres any definite inclusions when the entire set is out.

Thread Information