Page 131 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 3594

Thread: [Deck] Reanimator

My cat's name is Tarmogoyf!
    Dec 2010
    Franklin, PA; Cleveland, OH

Re: [Deck] B/U Reanimator

Garobidou has addressed the number one build's mana base a while back. The math that was posted suggested that running more than 1 swamp and 1 island will cause the pilot to lose speed and consistency due to the inability to make the color of mana needed. I know that is a bit counter intuitive. I would prefer to run, say 2, of each basic, but this limits your color production. This can cost you games. I guess on the other hand, you should consider how many games you would lose to say Wasteland. In my play testing, it that hasn't been an issue. I lose lands here and there, due to Wasteland, yet since this deck only really needs 2-3 lands to function, it rarely matters.

Darkslick Shores is decent because it comes into play untapped when you would need it to be untapped. The drawback of coming into play tapped doesn't really matter. By the time you have the lands, a tapped Darkslick is inconsequential. I am of the opinion that it is strictly better than Gemstone Mine for this deck.

I am not a fan of running the pain land simply because we are already hurting ourselves a heck of a lot with fetches and reanimates... I would not run them. It is basically like asking to get burned out by Zoo, No RUG, and/or Burn. Man, it is scary enough to go down to 8-10 life on a turn two reanimate just because you fetched. I think it is suicide to add additional life loss beyond that to this list. You still need to play after you land Jin (or your other primo fatty). Having pain lands doesn't help that proposition.

My mana base currently is as follows:

4 Underground Sea
    1 Swamp
    1 Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Marsh Flats
    Last edited by Sturtzilla; 07-15-2011 at 09:09 PM.

You don't need or want 4 Underground Sea. Your mana is good enough to cast cards that cost U and B or 1B without having every land you put into play be Wasteland vulnerable. Fetches can get duals when you need them and basics when you don't. The correct number for this deck is 2 Underground Sea.
    Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    Until I can play storm perfectly, I have not played it enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kibler
    Funny enough I was 18 once too. It was sweet, but being me now is way sweeter.

Team Nijmegen Failtrain Captain
    Nov 2009
    Nijmegen, Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by AriLax View Post
    You don't need or want 4 Underground Sea. Your mana is good enough to cast cards that cost U and B or 1B without having every land you put into play be Wasteland vulnerable. Fetches can get duals when you need them and basics when you don't. The correct number for this deck is 2 Underground Sea.
    I agree.....
    you only need fetch + 4 lands, 1 basic of each type +2 seas. you could add a single bayou instead of a fetch in case of sideboard cards (i.e. nature's claim or xantid swarm)

Jack of All Things Trill
    Aug 2010
    Minneapolis

4 is the correct number of Underground Sea in a strict B/U version. Even if you know your opponent is packing Wastelands, you should still be fetching Seas a vast majority of the time in the early goings, because you still want to be able to tap for U on turn one (Careful Study), then BB on turn 2 (Reanimate, second Reanimate because the first one got countered) if needed; playing around Wasteland by wantonly fetching basics in the early game will cause you to lose games, as will running more than one of each basic. You shouldn't be fetching basics until you know you're headed for a longer game and your opponent plays Wasteland/Wasteland recursion or some other form of LD. I'd say having five lands that actually tap for mana (2 basics plus 3 Seas) would be the absolute bare minimum for this deck, because if your opponent had three pieces of disruption in the early game (Misstep, FoW, Swords for example), then Wastes a Sea or two, you want to be able to have as many lands as possible when you set up your combo turn, three-four so you can potentially Thoughtseize+Show and Tell.

For budget versions, Darkslick Shores is definitely the way to go; the drawback from playing it as your fourth land is inconsequential.
    Find enlightenment for just $29.99!

Dec 2010

By that logic, I should only play 1 Entomb and 1 Reanimate, because I will eventually draw them. That is horrible logic. I don't normally want or need more than one of either of those spells, but building in redundency to the deck improves how consistent it will function. Underground Sea is a 4 of in this deck. Sure you can play it with fewer U.Seas, but you really shouldn't. Only a cheap-ass-fuck or someone who has no play experience with this deck would claim otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by practical joke View Post
    I agree.....
    you only need fetch + 4 lands, 1 basic of each type +2 seas. you could add a single bayou instead of a fetch in case of sideboard cards (i.e. nature's claim or xantid swarm)
    Sure you can run on that many, but redundency is good. It improves consistency. See above.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinTrudeau View Post
    4 is the correct number of Underground Sea in a strict B/U version. Even if you know your opponent is packing Wastelands, you should still be fetching Seas a vast majority of the time in the early goings, because you still want to be able to tap for U on turn one (Careful Study), then BB on turn 2 (Reanimate, second Reanimate because the first one got countered) if needed; playing around Wasteland by wantonly fetching basics in the early game will cause you to lose games, as will running more than one of each basic. You shouldn't be fetching basics until you know you're headed for a longer game and your opponent plays Wasteland/Wasteland recursion or some other form of LD.
    Thank you for posting something that was considered and intelligent. You clearly have a decent understanding of why you need to find that 4th Underground Sea for your build.

I think what Ari meant to say is you wouldn't need 4 Seas in play. As this deck can live with just an Island, Swamp and a Sea the entire game. However if we limit ourselves to 2 Seas + 2 basics, that would mean we must run 13 fetchlands to bring the land count to 17 which is somewhat ridiculous in terms of life loss. In case an opponent manages to Waste both of your Seas, that will also shut you off from casting multiple spells (entombs or reanimate in response to a crypt activation or mental misstep) in a single turn. A complete set of duals will only render the manabase stable and pain-free.

I think 4 basics is not a terrible idea, it will forgo unnecessary lifeloss. Besides drawing both Islands or Swamps (no fetch or Sea) is unlikely. Which brings us to my tweaked mana base

4 Underground Sea
    2 Island
    2 Swamp
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4 Delta
    2 Catacombs
    2 Rainforests

I'm no expert on this deck, but honestly, I feel like my draws have become a lot stronger ever since I started running 2 basics instead of 4. When i was running 4, I used to have a lot of starting hands with island as only source and all the necessary reanimation materials. And by keeping that hand, i often died to not drawing a black source. I think the thing is, I only ever want 1 basic on the field--just enough mana to drop the underground and cast an exhume/animate dead.

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

I think Darkslick Shores are worth considering running in addition to Underground Sea.

My manabase:
    4 Underground Sea
    4 Darkslick Shores
    1 Swamp
    1 Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Marsh Flats

There is some slight tension with the use of Daze, but I feel like consistent access to both colors is often more important than the Wasteland-proofing that additional fetches provide. I use black fetches because I typically want the basic Swamp more often than the Island.

Sorry if my question might sound stupid but:

Why aren't you playing any creatures that survives karakas, Swords to Plowshares and the removal list goes on.
    Since today everyone plays Maze of Ith and removal options.
    Legacy was maybe never so filled with removal for creatures than it's today.

Quote Originally Posted by wcm8 View Post
    I think Darkslick Shores are worth considering running in addition to Underground Sea.

My manabase:
    4 Underground Sea
    4 Darkslick Shores
    1 Swamp
    1 Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Marsh Flats

There is some slight tension with the use of Daze, but I feel like consistent access to both colors is often more important than the Wasteland-proofing that additional fetches provide. I use black fetches because I typically want the basic Swamp more often than the Island.
    By doing that, all you're accomplishing is lessening the life loss from fetches. But at the same time you're making Daze worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturtzilla View Post
    By that logic, I should only play 1 Entomb and 1 Reanimate, because I will eventually draw them. That is horrible logic. I don't normally want or need more than one of either of those spells, but building in redundency to the deck improves how consistent it will function. Underground Sea is a 4 of in this deck. Sure you can play it with fewer U.Seas, but you really shouldn't. Only a cheap-ass-fuck or someone who has no play experience with this deck would claim otherwise.

Sure you can run on that many, but redundency is good. It improves consistency. See above.
    I think you might want to play with 1 Reanimate if you had a card that cost 1 life and 0 mana to tutor for it or Exhume, your choice depending on scenario (like a fetch land). In fact, you may even want to as it's definitely a card that can be actively bad in some scenarios (like an Underground Sea).

And, if you care to resort to flaming insults, I probably have more good experience with UB combo than the vast majority of people and can summon up a play set of any Legacy card for an event (bar Juzam and Rolling Earthquake) given 6 hours notice. Neither play experience or budget has any bearing on me teaching you this important lesson about how to build a real mana base.

4 is the correct number of Underground Sea in a strict B/U version. Even if you know your opponent is packing Wastelands, you should still be fetching Seas a vast majority of the time in the early goings, because you still want to be able to tap for U on turn one (Careful Study), then BB on turn 2 (Reanimate, second Reanimate because the first one got countered) if needed; playing around Wasteland by wantonly fetching basics in the early game will cause you to lose games, as will running more than one of each basic. You shouldn't be fetching basics until you know you're headed for a longer game and your opponent plays Wasteland/Wasteland recursion or some other form of LD. I'd say having five lands that actually tap for mana (2 basics plus 3 Seas) would be the absolute bare minimum for this deck, because if your opponent had three pieces of disruption in the early game (Misstep, FoW, Swords for example), then Wastes a Sea or two, you want to be able to have as many lands as possible when you set up your combo turn, three-four so you can potentially Thoughtseize+Show and Tell.
    For the times in the world I have and need double Reanimate, I will fetch my Sea (or the more realistic Entomb + Reanimate after you Ponder/Study on one). For every other time, I have a fetch land that isn't a Wasteland targetable non-basic. This is even more emphasized by the shift towards Animate Deads due to Misstep, meaning you need 1B on two much more than you need BB or UU.

Somethingdotdotdot: It is possible then that instead of keeping that hand, you should mulligan. If your land was a Sea instead, the odds of your opponent having Wasteland to kill you are probably the same as the odds of you missing a black source in time to win.

It is definitely possible the deck still wants minimal basics with a bunch of fetches though. You just don't want Sea as you are already land light and can't afford to get Stone Rained pretty much ever.
    \

death:

You add more basics, which causes 1 problem, but keep the Seas, not solving another. Try one or the other, not both.
    Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    Until I can play storm perfectly, I have not played it enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kibler
    Funny enough I was 18 once too. It was sweet, but being me now is way sweeter.

@Kinderschreck
    Karakas won't hit all our creatures (Inky, Archon, Sphinx, Stormtide, Terastodon). Against Swords there's always Inky, Iona on white and Jin + Misstep. Against a Maze of Ith (KotR builds) there is Inky, and I bet a resolved Jin will mean GG since a single maze can't stop a horde of fatties. I agree Maze of Ith is getting popular, but only as a go-to card of KotR. We have yet to see the rise of 4 Maze.decs.

@AriLax, care to share us your mana base?

Jack of All Things Trill
    Aug 2010
    Minneapolis

Quote Originally Posted by wcm8 View Post

My manabase:
    4 Underground Sea
    4 Darkslick Shores
    1 Swamp
    1 Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Marsh Flats

Having ten lands that tap for mana is completely unnecessary. If you replace the Darkslick Shores with four additional fetchlands, you'll have virtually the same manabase, except one that is Daze-friendly. Reanimator's goal is to reanimate something as quickly as possible, with as many answers for the opponent's disruption as possible; the deck can often overcome two pieces of disruption in the early game (two pieces of countermagic for example, or countermagic+Swords to Plowshares), so by weakening the consistency of casting Daze, you're taking away a huge facet of the deck. The pain from fetchlands should be an accepted loss in this deck, as it should in all of Legacy. Shores should only see play in budget versions of the deck.

For the times in the world I have and need double Reanimate, I will fetch my Sea (or the more realistic Entomb + Reanimate after you Ponder/Study on one). For every other time, I have a fetch land that isn't a Wasteland targetable non-basic. This is even more emphasized by the shift towards Animate Deads due to Misstep, meaning you need 1B on two much more than you need BB or UU.
    While this deck is a U/B combo deck, its philosophy is a lot different than the U/B Tendrils deck you've been popularizing over the past year. I understand and agree with fetching basics in that version of Storm because its foundation needs to remain intact in order to go off after cantripping into business in the early game, but this deck needs to go off as soon as possible because the effectiveness of all of the reanimation targets diminishes rather quickly after turn three, sometimes even after turn two. By playing around Wasteland by fetching basics, you'll often times be forced to wait a turn to cast everything you'd need to go off, and that can lose the game right then and there. I'm not saying that you should blindly fetch Sea every game (for instance, I'll likely fetch Swamp if my opener lacks Daze and contains a single black fetchland, Entomb and Reanimate, and I'll fetch both basics if I can assuredly cast an Exhume on turn two and have exactly two fetchlands), but fetching multiple Underground Sea is usually better against Wasteland than fetching only basics, or a combination of basics and duals; the principle behind that statement is outlined rather elegantly, or at least more elegantly than I can detail right now, in Dave Price's mini-article in the comments section of one of Steve Birklid's articles on why everyone should play more basics on CF:

http://www.channelfireball.com/artic...as-basic-land/

Price is mainly referring three color manabases, but I still think his exposition rings true in a two color deck such as this.

Lastly, Animate Dead isn't being played because of Misstep, it's being played because it's been statistically shown (via an algorithm Garobidou crafted a few pages back) that having additional two-mana reanimation spells increases the goldfish of the deck, and Animate Dead just so happens to be the best candidate.
    Find enlightenment for just $29.99!

Karakas is a huge problem, because this deck CANNOT, with any consistency, win without its Legendary creatures.

This decks modus operandi is putting a game-breaking creature on the board, the non-legendary creatures are just sub-par, they will not win you the game. In rare situations, against some slow, non-competitive decks maybe a Sphinx might win a race, but that's it.
    This is especially so in the stoneforge-batterskull era, and the fact that every deck now plays unfair cards (green sun zenith, hive mind, stoneforge, painters, kuldotha...etc.

That is the reason for the Eldrazi...if you're going to race your opponent, its helpful to steal their permanents.

....i'm so tired of losing to a luck-sack 1st turn Karakas...so maybe I'm a bit bitter

I played mono B reanimate some time ago (3-4 years *lol*).
    Even then you wanted creatures with shroud, protection from X (mostly white and blue) or hexproof (I know, I know it wasn't called hexproof that time).
    I don't think this situation has changed much, since I see some kind of removal in each deck and each color (even green got Beast within)
    Inkwell Leviathan should be played 4x.
    The predators are strong, I agree but still that strong? They'll eat removal as hell without Iona...
    You might have some counterback up, put it costs you life again. And before you got to know what is happening you'll get killed by a lightning bolt (happend to me that time).

Dec 2010

And, if you care to resort to flaming insults, I probably have more good experience with UB combo than the vast majority of people and can summon up a play set of any Legacy card for an event (bar Juzam and Rolling Earthquake) given 6 hours notice. Neither play experience or budget has any bearing on me teaching you this important lesson about how to build a real mana base.
    Dude, try reading the rest of the forum (let's say the last 5-10 pages, at very least). We have recently discussed multiple mana bases for this deck. And moreover many very similar deck configurations of varying single copies of cards. We have done this to see how it would change the speed and consistency of deck. Since you are so skilled at playing UB combo, you should know that the speed of your combo and its ability to be consistently played and both paramount. So maybe you should read the forum before you try to spout off some grand logic.

Four is still the correct number to play. That is what people posting results with this deck run. It improves consistency and your long game. I try to avoid long game but against some decks multiple copies are needed to combat wastelands or attrition based strategies. If you think 2 is good enough enjoy playing with 2. Thanks for the lesson on mana base construction.

This is even more emphasized by the shift towards Animate Deads due to Misstep, meaning you need 1B on two much more than you need BB or UU.
    Dude people were testing out Animate Dead even before Mental Misstep hit the scene. Sure, it gives us more outs versus the MM heavy meta. However, this was being tried to fix the inconsistent nature of the deck before the printing of Jin (which helped a ton) and MM.

MTGO Daily 4-0 Report

Main Deck

60 cards

1 Cephalid Coliseum
    2 Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Swamp
    4 Underground Sea
    1 Watery Grave
    17 lands

1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    4 Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
    1 Sphinx of the Steel Wind
    1 Sundering Titan
    8 creatures

2 Animate Dead
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Careful Study
    3 Daze
    4 Entomb
    4 Exhume
    4 Force of Will
    4 Mental Misstep
    3 Ponder
    3 Reanimate
    35 other spells

Sideboard
    1 Blazing Archon
    2 Chain of Vapor
    1 Echoing Truth
    3 Extirpate
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 It That Betrays
    3 Pithing Needle
    1 Platinum Angel
    15 sideboard cards

Match 1 - Dredge

Game 1- T2 Entomb-Reanimate Elesh Norn for the hard-lock.
    Game 2- T1 Careful Study, T2 Animate Dead for hard-lock
    SB: -4 FOW, -2Gin / +3 Extirpate, +1 Elesh, +1Eldrazi, +1Platinum Angel

Match 2 - BUG Jace Control (Not Landstill)

Game1: These were tough games, he ran: thoughtsieze, daze, mm, force, vendillion, Ssords, Jace miandeck...leyline of the void and meddling mage side.
    1st game, I blew him out with a T2 Jin-Gitaxis after a mental misstep battle, I also had Force backup

SB: +2 Chain of Vapor, +1 Echoing Truth, +1 Eldrazi / -1 Sphinx, -1 Animate dead, -1Titan, -1 Watery Grave

Game 2: Open up with fast careful study + animate dead on Eldrazi....he swords it. I think he then thoughtsiezed. Then he lands Dark Confidant, Jace, and hardcast Leyline.

Game 3: T2 Gin, I believe he mulled down to 6 to get Leyline, but didn't. (BTW. Leyline is really bad against Reanimator).

Match 3 - ANT

Game 1: Him: Thoughtsieze Me: MM...entomb, reanimate.

SB: +2 Flusterstorm, +1 Platinum / -1 Elesh, -1Titan, -1 Careful Study

Game 2: He duress' and thoughtseize my reanimation spell, my deck stalls out for 12 cards in a row, can't find another to reanimate the Jin waiting in the bin.

Game 3: He aggressively mulls, not sure why, maybe he was running leyline? He attempts thoughtsieze, which meets mm. He then plays 2 Xantid swarms, a diamond and petal. Meanwhile I reanimate an army of Iona, Platinum angel, and Jin.

Match 4 -Hive Mind

Game 1: I have yet to ever lose a single match to hive mind...almost an auto-win.
    In short, Jin blows him out.
    SB, He brings in Leyline of the Void, and aggressively mulls into it...against Hive mind, I usually never side in anti-gy hate. +2 Flusterstorm, +3 Extirpate, +1Platinum, +1 Blazin Archon / -3 Entomb, -2 Reanimate, -2 Exhume
    My strategy here is to sculpt my hand..let their show and tell resolve, drop a fatty, then counter their pacts...works everytime.
    Plan B would be to hardcast a Platinum Angel, which I have also done more than once.

Usually, Hive Mind only runs ravenous trap in SB, in which case, I only bring in Flusterstorm, and combo off faster than them. This was one of the rare decks that has LOTV in the sb.

Dec 2010

Lastly, Animate Dead isn't being played because of Misstep, it's being played because it's been statistically shown (via an algorithm Garobidou crafted a few pages back) that having additional two-mana reanimation spells increases the goldfish of the deck, and Animate Dead just so happens to be the best candidate.
    Pros:
    Additional reanimation spells (increases consistency)
    No cost of life (awesome with Jin)
    Great post-Jin (you can still reanimate dudes without your opponent getting anything [see Exhume])
    Can steal opposing binned creatures

Cons:
    It can be disenchanted... (nearly a non-point seeing as you will likely see more creature removal than enchantment removal)

Quote Originally Posted by Wess View Post
    Karakas is a huge problem, because this deck CANNOT, with any consistency, win without its Legendary creatures. This decks modus operandi is putting a game-breaking creature on the board, the non-legendary creatures are just sub-par, they will not win you the game. In rare situations, against some slow, non-competitive decks maybe a Sphinx might win a race, but that's it. This is especially so in the stoneforge-batterskull era, and the fact that every deck now plays unfair cards (green sun zenith, hive mind, stoneforge, painters, kuldotha...etc.
    I am sorry but you are arguing apples and oranges here. Sure lots of decks in Legacy are unfair. Look at the forum you are in. Reanimator is unfair as fuck, that is why people play it. Here is my issue with your post, you are arguing the weaknesses of the deck from both angles without being critical of the opposing deck in question. Your post seems to assume that the pilot of the Reanimator deck will always pick the wrong creature for the match up being played.

My point, if we see a deck like Hive Mind, Painted Stone, Storm, or other quick combo, we can resolve Jin or Iona on turn 2-3 and likely win. Why is this you ask? These targets are designed to serve this function. Moreover these decks don't run Karakas (your next point), which makes these safe targets. On the other end of the spectrum, decks with Karakas can be managed with non-legendary creatures or just countering KotR. Batterskull is silly. Sphinx blocks him all day long, while still netting damage. Archon or Stormtide stop him dead. A fast Jin or Iona can ensure that it doesn't hit play. This deck doesn't just run legendary creatures. A turn 2-3 Sphinx, Inkwell, or Archon/Stormtide will generally win a game. Sure it wouldn't be as consistent hitting a Jin or Iona, since most builds are running more copies of these guys. Game 2-3 you can board in Pithing Needle to stop Karakas.

In my testing, I have played a good bit against G/W and Junk. These are both decks that run KotR and can run Karakas. My testing has been positive. This is because you can always hit a non-legendary creature. Sphinx really shines since it can block Goyfs and KotR all day, while gaining you life. Your counter package goes to combat removal in these match ups, seeing as they wont be able to counter what you are setting up. Furthermore, Karakas is usually a one of that is tutored for with KotR. This is normally slower than our combo. So, if you pull off a fast Jin, you should take the game. Or... you could just counter the KotR. It has never been a problem for me. Then again, I don't walk into Karakas.

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Reanimator has been doing well on MTGO lately.
    Recent MTGO lists.

Top 8 winning list

2 Misty Rainforest
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Snow-Covered Island
    2 Snow-Covered Swamp
    4 Underground Sea
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Verdant Catacombs

1 Angel of Despair
    3 Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
    1 Sundering Titan

4 Animate Dead
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Careful Study
    2 Daze
    4 Entomb
    4 Exhume
    4 Force of Will
    4 Mental Misstep
    3 Ponder
    3 Reanimate

Sideboard
    1 Blazing Archon
    1 Daze
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Empyrial Archangel
    1 Grave Titan
    3 Hymn to Tourach
    1 Null Rod
    2 Pithing Needle
    4 Show and Tell

Daily event 4-0

1 Cephalid Coliseum
    2 Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Swamp
    4 Underground Sea
    1 Watery Grave

1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    4 Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
    1 Sundering Titan

2 Animate Dead
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Careful Study
    3 Daze
    4 Entomb
    4 Exhume
    4 Force of Will
    4 Mental Misstep
    3 Ponder
    3 Reanimate

Sideboard
    1 Blazing Archon
    2 Chain of Vapor
    1 Echoing Truth
    3 Extirpate
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 It That Betrays
    3 Pithing Needle
    1 Platinum Angel
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

Yeah, that's my list that I posted 2 posts up The other one is PTPaul's.

Not that many people play Reanimator on MTGO, when I play it, I almost always go 4-0, or 3-1. The deck is very strong on MTGO not only because its a fast, consistent, well-protected combo...but it hoses Hive Mind, which is the dominant combo deck that you play against at least once every tournament.

The only change I'm going to make to the maindeck is another Elesh Norn...she is just so good in the format.

Its a hard-lock against: Merfolk, Dredge, Goblins, Painter, Cephalid Breakfast
    Soft-lock against: Stoneforge, Landstill, Bant Decks, BUG, Thopters, Faeiries/Ninja

Basically, the only decks that she's bad against is combo, which are good matchups for us anyways with 4 Jin-Gitaxis and 11 free counters.

Thread Information