Page 133 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 3594

Thread: [Deck] Reanimator

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Re: [Deck] B/U Reanimator

Quote Originally Posted by Alsan View Post
    We're not playing anymore Inkwell, instead we play Sphinx #2 or Stormtide Leviathan (IMO and testing is better).

Bashing someones face with Stormtide doubles the speed of a batterskull, and he's not gaining life meantime, wich stops the game (gaining life) until a second creature arrives (from any side). And it's a 2-3 hit killer. Only Iona can do so, and she is easiest to answer.

And if "they play it well", which is not a real argument, anything isn't good enough.
    So in your world Iona is easier to answer than Stormtide, you say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

May 2011
    Valencia (Spain)

In my world full of Reliquary knights and Karakas, yes, an counter-proof removal is harder to answer as 3-5 Stps.

But remember: is only in my world. In any other places, Iona is a 4x instead of Jin-gitaxias.

Jokes apart, yes. It's easy to combat an Iona naming white with GW Zenith (goyf+batterskull+SoFI+Green sun to reliquary/karakas) than a Stormtide leviathan (Scryb ranger+4swords). If not in turn 2, Iona is not enough to win.

Forgive my irony.
    3d2Y. [Wolves never look back]

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

In my world full of Reliquary knights and Karakas, yes, an counter-proof removal is harder to answer as 3-5 Stps.

But remember: is only in my world. In any other places, Iona is a 4x instead of Jin-gitaxias.

Jokes apart, yes. It's easy to combat an Iona naming white with GW Zenith (goyf+batterskull+SoFI+Green sun to reliquary/karakas) than a Stormtide leviathan (Scryb ranger+4swords). If not in turn 2, Iona is not enough to win.

Forgive my irony.
    All is not forgiven- ask god, not me-.

And in this world of yours every deck plays KotR->Karakas(which also answers Jin-derpp hurr-)
    Respect my shine bitch!

May 2011
    Valencia (Spain)

No, but when you look at the Tier decks you see:

Gw Zenith, as I said before.
    RUG Order, Iona naming... green! Then, Jace or the red part takes rid of her (they play the same counters). If they have 1 Goyf, they can race us with fire help. Stormtide has the same weakness, but can't be raced, neither progenitus can.
    BUG Landstill, Iona naming... black. 4 Jaces and a strong counterwall, better than ours. Stormtide is as bad as Iona.
    Hive mind, Iona naming... blue. Almost unbeatable. Stormtide is nearly the worst creature in this matchup xD.
    Zoo, Iona naming... white. But they have KotR, Karakas, 12+ green/red creatures, and 9+ fire. Stormtide only cares about spot removal, ignoring creatures. Better than Iona.
    Merfolks, Iona naming... damn, that vial owns us. Stormtide is as bad as Iona.
    Goblins, Iona naming... red. If they have vial or a Lackey in play, you cannot attack. Is the easiest matchup of the list, indeed. Stormtide is autowin, better than Archon, kills in 3 swings, and nearly ignores Gempalm.
    Reanimator, Iona naming black, and wins. The stormtide is the 3rd creature on list.

2-6 for Iona, 6-2 for Stormtide. What weird world of mine, where Iona and Stormtide can be rid the same way, but Stormtide is a better metagame choice.

Bonus: 7-1 for Jin Gitaxias. He rocks and rulez.

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

No, but when you look at the Tier decks you see:

Gw Zenith, as I said before.
    RUG Order, Iona naming... green! Then, Jace or the red part takes rid of her (they play the same counters). If they have 1 Goyf, they can race us with fire help. Stormtide has the same weakness, but can't be raced, neither progenitus can.
    BUG Landstill, Iona naming... black. 4 Jaces and a strong counterwall, better than ours. Stormtide is as bad as Iona.
    Hive mind, Iona naming... blue. Almost unbeatable. Stormtide is nearly the worst creature in this matchup xD.
    Zoo, Iona naming... white. But they have KotR, Karakas, 12+ green/red creatures, and 9+ fire. Stormtide only cares about spot removal, ignoring creatures. Better than Iona.
    Merfolks, Iona naming... damn, that vial owns us. Stormtide is as bad as Iona.
    Goblins, Iona naming... red. If they have vial or a Lackey in play, you cannot attack. Is the easiest matchup of the list, indeed. Stormtide is autowin, better than Archon, kills in 3 swings, and nearly ignores Gempalm.
    Reanimator, Iona naming black, and wins. The stormtide is the 3rd creature on list.

2-6 for Iona, 6-2 for Stormtide. What weird world of mine, where Iona and Stormtide can be rid the same way, but Stormtide is a better metagame choice.

Bonus: 7-1 for Jin Gitaxias. He rocks and rulez.
    You might want to get Sphinx over Stormtide against Zoo since PtE is the only relevant thing and they can just burn you out as well.
    Goblins might have Stingscourger, again Sphinx is probably better there over Stormtide. GW.. I'll go with Sphinx since since StP gets both and if incase they do remove it at the very least I have gained life to Reanimate again.
    Merfolk Archon is better
    Seems your Stormtide count is slightly inflated.
    Respect my shine bitch!

May 2011
    Valencia (Spain)

As I'm telling Stormtide vs Iona, is not inflated. Stormtide is better than Sphinx in 3 matchups, worse than sphinx in 2, equal to sphinx in 3.

But you can try to missunderstand my words as much as you want. This is not a test of who knows more about Reanimator, is my answer to your bad argument ~ "if they play well". And this discuss (at least for me) is completely ended (do not answer, believe me, I'm gonna ignore you. I'm not feeding trolls).

To continue the thread, has anyone else tested Flusterstorms?
    Last edited by Alsan; 07-28-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

As I'm telling Stormtide vs Iona, is not inflated. Stormtide is better than Sphinx in 3 matchups, worse than sphinx in 2, equal to sphinx in 3.

But you can try to missunderstand my words as much as you want. This is not a test of who knows more about Reanimator, is my answer to your bad argument ~ "if they play well". And this discuss (at least for me) is completely ended (do not answer, believe me, I'm gonna ignore you. I'm not feeding trolls).

To continue the thread, has anyone else tested Flusterstorms?
    That is cute, but Reanimator does not work that way. You can't say Ioan vs Stormtide then bring up match ups where neither are going to be Entombed. Missunderstand that?
    Respect my shine bitch!

The new guy

Jan 2008
    Finland

Hello everyone! I got tired playing my ANT and, as I'm a sorry combo-junkie I decided to try out reanimator.

As for my starting list I decided to use Wess's list from few pages back:

Main Deck

60 cards

1 Cephalid Coliseum
    2 Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Swamp
    4 Underground Sea
    1 Watery Grave
    17 lands

1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    4 Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
    1 Sphinx of the Steel Wind
    1 Sundering Titan
    8 creatures

2 Animate Dead
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Careful Study
    3 Daze
    4 Entomb
    4 Exhume
    4 Force of Will
    4 Mental Misstep
    3 Ponder
    3 Reanimate
    35 other spells

Sideboard
    1 Blazing Archon
    2 Chain of Vapor
    1 Echoing Truth
    3 Extirpate
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 It That Betrays
    3 Pithing Needle
    1 Platinum Angel
    15 sideboard cards

As I don't own yet all the necessary card I decided to get the most important ones first and try it out at small tournament with what I have to get some feel of the deck. Currently I'm getting entombs, Jins, MMs, the varied reanimates for the above list.

As that was quite a investment I'm hesitant to pump any large amounts of money in it in such short time span.

So, I' still missing the following from the above list:
    main:
    1 Cephalid Coliseum (fetch, swamp)
    1 Underground Sea (fetch)
    1 Watery Grave (fetch)
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite (terastodon, inwell, or moving Blazing Archon main?)

Sideboard:
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite (some of the above suggestions?)
    3 Extirpate (this seems like a general gravehate spot, so tormod's, relic, faerie macabre, leyline?)
    2 Flusterstorm (spell pierce, stifle)

What do you guys suggest to replace these (my own suggestions in parenthesis)?
    Also, could you help me with some general sb strategy against the DTB:s. With above list including changes.

Help greatly appreciated!
    -S

Team Nijmegen Failtrain Captain
    Nov 2009
    Nijmegen, Netherlands

I'm in a meddling mood today.

- Zoo rarely plays karakas (maybe side, different story)

in a world full of karakas (apparantly yours, since here they've downed quite a bit), use pithing needle in side or get inkwell/sphinx/archon/empyrial, depending on the situations.

Stormtide does crap against merfolk, where blazing archon is a near auto-win.
    It has a 1turn slower clock, but also stops flying shenanigans. This includes not getting beaten to death by silly stuff as emrakul.

The fun thing about reanimate is there's a creature for different situations. It's not iona vs stormtide.
    and really iona still works like a champ vs BUG landstill when you name blue. (oh no removal!!!!, you can counter, they cannot, they only play 4+ deeds and cannot dig for it)

right, next time, being raced by a single tarmogoyf...say what? unless you dropped yourself to 8 somehow, that shouldn't happen. avg goyf is 4/5 against reanimate. which means iona races a single goyf easily since you definately have the first attack.

Now have you finally realised reanimate is a toolbox deck? good...

now you can start learning to make less useless posts about which creature is better than another when they do not share the same purpose.

GW -zenith decks...since you do play a buttload of counters...what reason do you have NOT to put an iona on green?

btw flusterstorm is crap: avg reanimate list nowdays plays 4 fow, 4 MM, xx daze, xx thoughtseize.
    3 undeground seas are enough, if you want more protection/counters fill up the daze/thoughtseize slots in your SB instead of flusterstorm, spell pierce could be another option.

it appears to me you have no shroud creatures at all, maybe 1 empyrial/inkwell might do the trick in SB.
    Also I think 4 gin is to much, 3 is enough and add blazing archon.

Actually sideboarding is relatively hard since there are only a very few spots to take out.
    mostly it's creature changes...

Against some decks it's good enough to take out 1 ponder, 1 reanimate-like abbility and a daze for 3 peedle/bounce (sometimes you take out dead creatures and putting less back)

the bare minimum is 6 and you want 7, 8 might be a little much, so that could help on sb-ing.

Jack of All Things Trill
    Aug 2010
    Minneapolis

Going to my first tournament tonight with the deck. I'm missing a few cards, but I'll have to make due:

4 Polluted Delta
    4 Misty Rainforest
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Scalding Tarn - should be 1 Underground Sea, 1 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Underground Sea
    1 Island
    1 Swamp

4 Force of Will
    4 Mental Misstep
    3 Daze

4 Entomb
    3 Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
    2 Sphinx of the Steel Wind
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    1 Inkwell Leviathan
    1 Blazing Archon

4 Reanimate
    4 Exhume
    2 Animate Dead

4 Brainstorm
    4 Careful Study
    1 Hapless Researcher

3 Duress - should be 3 Thoughtseize (my biggest concern, seeing as Duress doesn't hit Faerie Macabre, among a host of other things)
    3 Pithing Needle
    2 Null Rod
    2 Echoing Truth
    2 Show and Tell
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    1 Terastodon

I'll edit this post later tonight with a report.

Report:

My store's weekly tourney format changed, it's now five rounds of Swiss, and anyone 4-1 or better at the end of the night triples their money (entry is $5).

Round 1 vs. Faerie Stompy

G1- I lose the roll. Opponent goes t1 Ancient Tomb, Chalice, which I Force because my hand is three lands, Brainstorm, Study, FoW, and Reanimate (I pitched the Brainstorm, which turned out to be the incorrect choice). I draw another land, cast Study, then draw and discard two more lands. I don't draw anything, and am eventually overwhelmed by Serendib Efreets.

G2- I keep a nice seven, play a land, then pass. I had the choice of playing Careful Study -> discard Jin-Gitaxias, but that would have left me vulnerable to any grave hate he might cast. His EOT, I Entomb for Iona, then on my turn, Exhume it back naming blue. Opp. takes three hits and perishes.

G3- I keep a hand that includes FoW, Echoing Truth, Show and Tell, Careful Study, and Jin-Gitaxias, in addition to two lands. He plays t1 City of Traitors -> Chalice, which I allow because I have S&T and Echoing Truth to combat it. We play draw, go for two turns, and on my third turn have the choice of either casting Show and Tell or bouncing his Chalice EOT, and the following turn casting Study into my freshly drawn Reanimate. I go with the latter because I'm afraid of what he could potentially put into play via S&T. The plan works, everything resolves, I draw seven. His turn, he drops down a Sower of Temptation, which I have the Force for. Thankfully, I made the correct decision in the Reanimate vs. S&T debate. I win in short order.

Match Record- 1-0
    Game Record- 2-1

Round 2 vs. Zoo

G1- I lose the roll. I keep a hand with ample lands, Misstep, Exhume, and Entomb. Opp. plays Mountain and passes. I play a fetch and pass back. He plays a Forest and casts Tarmogoyf, which I allow. EOT I cast Entomb for Jin since he's tapped out, and Exhume it on my turn. Even though I have Misstep, he never casts Path, and I win later after Exhuming a Sphinx.

G2- Opp. mulls, I keep seven. I make three huge play mistakes that cost me the game. The first was waiting a turn to discard Sphinx and subsequently Reanimate it to play around potential disruption. The second was to not play Pithing Needle on his Grim Lavamancer after I Reanimated said Sphinx. The third was stupidly walking into his Pyroblast with my countermagic after he used some next-level vocal baiting, which allowed him to burn me out for exactsies with no cards left in hand.

G3- Opp. mulls, I keep seven. My hand is pretty good, two Missteps and a Reanimate, but no way to pitch the Iona in my hand aside from the cleanup step. I play a fetch and pass. Opp. plays a fetch and passes as well. I draw and pass. He draws, plays a land and casts a Lavamancer, which I allow. I draw and pass, discarding Iona. Opp. casts a Basilisk Collar, which I Misstep since Collar+Lavamancer would completely negate Iona. Next turn I rip Entomb and cast it, choosing to fetch up Sphinx since I have a Misstep to counter his potential Path to Exile, and the fact that I'd be on somewhat low life post-Reanimate facing down a Lavamancer. I Reanimate the Sphinx and pass. He can't deal with it, and it rides me to victory. Yay topdecked Entomb.

Match Record- 2-0
    Game Record- 4-2

Round 3 vs. Matt w/ Burn

G1- I win the roll. I cast a turn 1 Entomb EOT for Iona after he Chain Lightnings me, then cast a turn 2 Reanimate and it's all she wrote (don't you just love this deck?).

G2- He plays turn one Tormod's Crypt, Goblin Guide, attack (flip a Pithing Needle, though I already have one in hand), pass. I play a land, Needle Crypt, and pass. He attacks, I flip up Hapless Researcher, which is nice to see since I can now discard the Jin-Gitaxias in my hand and Exhume it later. He then casts a Keldon Marauders, putting me at 15. I draw, play a fetch to take advantage of Guide's trigger, cast said Researcher, and pass. He plays another Guide and attacks with everything. I flip up Blazing Archon and have to make a decision. Opp. has three cards in hand, and I have a Pithing Needle, a Jin-Gitaxias, a Force, and an Exhume. If I Exhume Jin, I won't be able to protect it for sure since I don't have another blue card to pitch to Force, whereas Archon seems pretty advantageous in this board state and would allow me to keep Force up to protect it. I let both Guide triggers resolve, block the Marauders, sac the Researcher drawing and discarding Archon, and go down to 11. He plays a Jackal Pup and passes. I draw a third Pithing Needle and Exhume Archon. He does nothing on his turn, I go down to 10 from Marauders. I draw an excellent card, Mental Misstep, and attack him down to 15. On his turn, he casts a Lightning Bolt, which I take no chances with and hardcast Misstep. Surprisingly, Archon gets there three turns later. After the game, Matt tells me he had a Fireblast in his hand the whole game, meaning it was likely correct to Exhume Archon in Jin's stead.

Match Record- 3-0
    Game Record- 6-2

Round 4 vs. Blue MUD

G1- I lose the roll. Opp. mulls, while I keep a hand with Daze, two lands, Entomb, Brainstorm, and Reanimate. Opp. gets off to a fast start, playing a turn one Ancient Tomb into Grim Monolith into Metalworker. I play a land and pass. He reveals three artifacts with Metalworker, plays a land, casts Wurmcoil Engine, casts Lightning Greaves, equips, and bashes me down to 14. Never fear, Sphinx of the Steel Wind is here. I Entomb for Sphinx and Reanimate it on my turn. Sam is pretty much out of gas after that explosive start, and doesn't really have an answer for Sphinx, which completely trumps Wurmcoil and goes the distance. The turn before Sphinx is lethal, he's at two life and has nine available mana in play. He taps everything but Ancient Tomb and casts Karn Liberated, which I Daze.

G2- I open up a hand with lands, Force, Elesh Norn, Animate Dead (I didn't know that he was strictly blue MUD at that point, and Elesh Norn is surprisingly effective against that deck considering they run Welder and Metalworker). He plays a turn one Chalice off of a City of Traitors, which I allow. I draw and discard Elesh. He plays a Mox Diamond and Seat of the Synod (saccing City of Traitors), then adds four mana to his pool to cast a Chalice at two, which I Force. On my turn, I play a land and pass. He plays another land and casts Metalworker. I Animate Dead my Elesh Norn during my turn, killing Metalworker. On his turn, he plays a Sol land, casts two Grim Monolith, a Lightning Greaves (which I allow) and as his final card, a Kuldotha Forgemaster (which I Daze). With his hand depleted, it looks like I'll be in the clear. Unfortunately, he topdecks a second Forgemaster the very next turn, fetches up a Blightsteel Colossus, and poisons me to death over the course of two turns.

G3- Opp. mulls, I keep your standard Entomb->Reanimate hand. I get an early Jin-Gitaxias out and win easily.

Match Record- 4-0
    Game Record- 8-3

My fifth round opponent and I drew, so I walked away with $15. A pretty nice tournament, although to be fair, I had good matchups all night, never mulliganed, and topdecked rather nicely. MVP of the night was Sphinx of the Steel Wind.
    Last edited by KevinTrudeau; 07-29-2011 at 02:14 AM.
    Find enlightenment for just $29.99!

All hail BRAKES!
    Jun 2008
    Michigan

I wanted to double post my my link to my Reanimator article here so that you guys could read about my exploits with the deck.

http://www.gatheringmagic.com/rise-from-your-grave/

That is all.
    Team Bad Guys

I have come up with an excellent way to be happy! Every time someone says a sentence I simply add on a few words after it:
    Quote Originally Posted by You
    In my opinion, I mean and I'm probably totally wrong!
    Oh my goodness, it's been so great. People with stupid opinions now immediately acknowledge how dumb they are! Internet fights still have all the swears and name calling but now they're instantly undermined by my new suffix.

Here's my report for last tournament:

Maindeck
    3 Jin-Gitaxias
    1 Elesh Norn
    1 Iona
    1 Inkwell
    1 Sphinx
    1 Archon
    4 Reanimate
    4 Exhume
    3 Animate Dead
    4 Entomb
    4 Careful Study
    2 Hapless Researcher
    4 Force of Will
    4 Mental Misstep
    3 Daze
    2 Lim-Dul's Vault
    4 Underground Sea
    1 Island
    1 Swamp
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Flooded Strand

Sideboard
    3 Duress
    3 Show and Tell
    4 Pithing Needle
    2 Echoing Truth
    1 Terastodon
    1 Iona
    1 Empyrial Archangel

GW Enchantress 2-1
    ------------------

g1, draw, 0-1: mull to 5, missing creature
    g2, play, 1-1: entomb+ad @ iona green, fow @ oblivion ring
    g3, draw, 2-1: hr+exh @ jin, entomb+exh @ iona white

sb g2:
    -1 inkwell, -1 archon, -1 sphinx
    +1 empyrial arch, +1 terastodon, +1 iona

sb g3:
    -3 daze
    +3 duress

Merfolks 2-0
    ------------

g1, draw, 1-0: mull to 6, t3, entomb+ad @ elesh norn, with 2x mm @ snare+cursecathcer
    g2, draw, 2-0: t3, s&t @ jin (with 2 tormods on table eheh)

sb:
    -3 daze, +3 duress
    -1 inkwell, +1 empyrial archangel

Faeries 2-0
    -----------

g1, draw, 1-0: t?, discard+exhume@sphinx, with FoW @ spellstutter | entomb+exhume@archon
    g2, draw, 2-0: t2, discard+reanimate@iona/blue, with FoW @ spellstutter

sb:
    -3 daze, +3 duress
    -1 inkwell, +1 iona
    -1 sphinx, +1 empyrial archangel

WW Stoneforge 2-1
    -----------------

g1, draw, 0-1: entomb+ad@elesh norn, died to stp, couln't find nothing more
    g2, play, 1-1: t4, entomb+reanimate @ iona/white
    g3, draw, 2-1: t2, entomb+ad @ iona/white

sb
    -3 daze, +3 needle
    -3 exhume, +3 s&t
    -1 inkwell, +1 iona

Tournament Notes
    The main deck performed quite well. Only lost a game to the deck. LDV helped finding the needed pieces a couple of times. S&T is performing very well, since everyone packs MMs and/or Snares which are useless against them. 4 needles is too much, I'll cut one for the 4th creature, which will be stormtide or the 2nd elesh norn. I'm still debating whether I should replace terastodon for angel of despair. Never felt the need for
    echoing truth.

Hi people, I have a Reanimator deck too, but i don't have money to buy Force of Will and Underground Sea, maybe one day... Who can help me find another solutions, for mana base i think in Darkslick Shores, to replace FOW, it's impossible... Maybe a spell pierce, spell snare, spell snare, thoughtseize...

PS: I have Daze in Main Deck

If you don't have force of will, it's probably better to play a non-blue budget deck that you can afford. If you insist on Reanimator, however, but don't have FOW, I would recommend that you go mono-black. Forget about countermagic (except Mental Misstep) and run Dark Ritual to increase your chances of powering out a turn one fatty. You can replace some of your other blue spells with black discard spells.
    I see more than others do because I know where to look.

Just played my first online tournament. The deck is the same that I listed a couple posts before, I just changed 1 needle for 1 angel of despair. I forgot to take notes of what I sideboarded. Next time, I'll have to take some screenshots to anaylse my sideboarding options after the game.

Round 1 - WBG Junk - 2-0

Game 1
    t2 jin, but no fow draw, him kotr, and i entomb shpinx.. kotr fetchs karakas and maze of ith. The game stalls for a lot of turns until i draw entomb to fetch blazing archon and kill him with the flyers.

Game 2
    entomb @ jin
    fow @ hymn
    reanimate @ jin, drew 0 counters
    vindicate @ jin
    exhume @ inkell
    ad @ jin

Round 2 - UGW Zenith - 2-0

Game 1
    discard iona
    reanimate @ iona/white, fow @ MM
    fow @ green zenith

Game 2
    discard jin
    entomb @ inkwell, daze @ spell pierce
    exhume @ inkwell
    fow @ kotr

Round 3 - BRGW Aggro Loam - 2-0

Game 1
    entomb @ jin
    exhume @ jin
    daze @ vindicate

Game 2
    fow @ goyf, entomb @ jin
    reanimate @ jin
    mm @ stp, fow @ pyroblast

Round 4 - UGW NO Progenitus - 0-2

Game 1
    I had this hand: 4 lands, 1 entomb, 1 reanimate, 1 exhume. This is a t2 goldfish hand but it's very fragile against decks with counterspells. I decided to keep it, and got my entomb missteped. I drew an archon which i discarded at eot of my turn, but my oppo had another mm for reanimate, and a fow for exhume.

Game 2
    I have a hand with s&t, angel of despair, 2 lands, study, iona, exhume. No counters again but I decided to keep it again. He starts with leyline. I try to dig with study, but I'm unable to find the 3rd land until the 6th turn. Nevertheless I tried to s&t, since I was going to die next turn and had found a FoW but he dazes, I fow, he foWs, and thats gg.

Tournament Notes
    The field was hard, but going to the final round there were 2 reanimate decks among the four that were 3-0
    Of the four decks I faced all of them had: KotR, Goyf, Karakas and MM. FoW was seen in 3 decks, along with assorted disruption. The other reanimate deck made 4-0 and was packing Xantid Swarm mainboard. Only saw gy hate in one game. My MVP for the tournament was FoW.

On a side note, I didn't know it was possible to animate dead inkwell, until I saw the other reanimate player do that (I thought shroud was like prot. black and the enchantment would jump off as soon as inkell entered into play)

May 2011
    Valencia (Spain)

Congrats! :D

Quote Originally Posted by nastirth View Post
    J
    Of the four decks I faced all of them had: KotR, Goyf, Karakas and MM. FoW was seen in 3 decks, along with assorted disruption.
    This is easy to happen, nowadays. Did you feel that Angel was better than Terastodon? Today I've played a tournament (2-0 all rounds, Merfolks UB, Rubin Zoo, BUG ******** and BUG Infect), and I've won the LAST round against a interesting Infect deck with Terastodon (Needed 18 of Resistance to withstand the enormous Pyrexian Crusader...). I had Archon and Stormtide exiled.

Somebody can give me some links fo Reports and Videos???

My cat's name is Tarmogoyf!
    Dec 2010
    Franklin, PA; Cleveland, OH

Greetings All!

I have returned somewhat victorious from the SCG Pittsburgh Legacy Open. There is good news all around. Reanimator placed 3rd with an 8 draw spell (4 Brainstorm and 4 Ponder) build and 15th with the build which I piloted. That deck was basically designed and tweaked right here in this forum. I have notes for the both the Saturday 4-round Legacy Challenge and also the Sunday 8-round Legacy Open. I will post a/both tournament report(s) in a day or so. This is what I ran.

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=39923

Until then, keep on reanimating!

Jack of All Things Trill
    Aug 2010
    Minneapolis

Quote Originally Posted by Sturtzilla View Post
    Greetings All!

I have returned somewhat victorious from the SCG Pittsburgh Legacy Open. There is good news all around. Reanimator placed 3rd with an 8 draw spell (4 Brainstorm and 4 Ponder) build and 15th with the build which I piloted. That deck was basically designed and tweaked right here in this forum. I have notes for the both the Saturday 4-round Legacy Challenge and also the Sunday 8-round Legacy Open. I will post a/both tournament report(s) in a day or so. This is what I ran.

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=39923

Until then, keep on reanimating!
    Awesome to hear! I look forward to the report.

So, just to spark some discussion, I compiled a set of ten opening hands via Cockatrice. Which hands would you keep, and which hands would you mulligan? Does the keepability of a certain hand change whether you're on the play or on the draw? Is a certain hand matchup-dependent?

1. Misty Rainforest, Polluted Delta, Daze, Mental Misstep, Exhume, Exhume, Blazing Archon

2. Island, Force of Will, Mental Misstep, Animate Dead, Exhume, Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur, Sphinx of the Steel Wind

3. Polluted Delta, Swamp, Underground Sea, Verdant Catacombs, Daze, Animate Dead, Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur

4. Misty Rainforest, Verdant Catacombs, Force of Will, Mental Misstep, Animate Dead, Exhume, Reanimate

5. Polluted Delta, Verdant Catacombs, Daze, Brainstorm, Brainstorm, Animate Dead, Exhume

6. Verdant Catacombs, Force of Will, Mental Misstep, Brainstorm, Reanimate, Blazing Archon, Sphinx of the Steel Wind

7. Polluted Delta, Daze, Daze, Careful Study, Animate Dead, Reanimate, Inkwell Leviathan

8. Misty Rainforest, Underground Sea, Verdant Catacombs, Daze, Mental Misstep, Reanimate, Sphinx of the Steel Wind

9. Misty Rainforest, Polluted Delta, Underground Sea, Verdant Catacombs, Mental Misstep, Careful Study, Reanimate

10. Underground Sea, Verdant Catacombs, Force of Will, Careful Study, Careful Study, Animate Dead, Exhume

Also, a certain play has been coming up frequently for me, and I'd to hear some input from others. Say you're on the draw and keep a hand contains two Jin-Gitaxias, a Brainstorm, two fetchlands, and two Exhume.

T1- Opponent opens with a Flooded Strand and passes. You draw another land, play a land, and pass.

T2- Opponent draws, plays another Flooded Strand, and passes. You draw another inconsequential card, let's say an Animate Dead. During your end step, opponent fetches a Tundra and casts Brainstorm, which you allow. During your cleanup step, you discard Jin-Gitaxias.

T3- During the opponent's upkeep, they fetch another Tundra. Opponent then draws, plays a fetchland, and casts Stoneforge Mystic, which you allow. Opp. fetches up a Batterskull. Opp. says go with one Misty Rainforest untapped. Do you cast Brainstorm here?

In my experience, it's generally incorrect to cast Brainstorm in these situations; you'll have to redraw a card you put back, and you won't be utilizing Brainstorm when it's at its best in this deck, in rebuilding scenarios. However, you have no protection for next turn's Exhume/Animate Dead->Jin Gitaxias whatsoever, and a Swords to Plowshares would be absolutely devastating. Is wasting your Brainstorm early to dig for protection worth it? Do you hold off on casting Brainstorm on turn three and wait until turn four to cast a reanimation spell, do you go through with the dig for protection plan on turn three, or do you just cast Exhume with no guaranteed protection on turn three and save your Brainstorm?
    Last edited by KevinTrudeau; 08-01-2011 at 02:06 AM.
    Find enlightenment for just $29.99!

Mar 2009
    Italy

Yesterday splitted final in a 47 people tournament with the following list:

17 lands
    4 polluted delta
    1 marsh flats
    1 flooded strand
    1 verdant catacombs
    2 bloodstained mire
    2 island
    2 swamp
    4 underground sea

9 Creatures
    1 platinum emperiom
    1 sphinx of the steel wind
    1 iona shield of emeria
    1 inkwell leviathan
    3 jin-taxias core aurgur
    2 hapless researcher

14 Reanimate Tools
    4 exhume
    4 reanimate
    2 animated dead
    4 entomb

12 Protection
    4 force of will
    4 daze
    4 mental misstep

8 Other
    4 brainstorm
    4 careful study

Sideboard
    1 blazing archon
    1 terastodon
    3 spell pierce
    3 thoughtseize
    2 pithing needle
    1 null rod
    1 hurkyll's recall
    2 echoing truth
    1 coffin purge

R1 Welder Painter
    1-2 / 1-2 one my error in G2 else it was 2-0 for me
    0-1
    G1 Iona after his painter
    G2 I reanimate his painter calling blue instead of yellow so he blast my null rod
    G3 He won t2 combo with fow & missted

R2 Belcher
    2-0 / 3-2
    1-1
    G1 Land pass, himTaiga Tinder Wall but I misstepped, Iona red in T2
    G2 He tried first turn combo but my fow stop him, Iona red in T3

R3 Mirror
    2-1 / 5-3
    2-1
    G1 He start land pass, me too, he entombed in my eot (he didn't know it was a mirror) but did not reanimate in his turn, I reanimate his jin misstep misstep so I won
    G2 His hand: entomb misstep misstep reanimate fowpitch entomb usea
    my hand thoughtseize thoughtseize spell pierce reanimate land land brainstorm so he won
    G3 He mull 5 and I start and T2 Jin after t1 thoughtseize but he discard inkwell, t3 entomb entomb for coffin purge save me from his potential animated dead

R4 GW
    2-0 / 7-3
    3-1
    G1 First game very strange, hard mulligan 5 cards for both and I won
    G2 T2 Jin protected with misstep and reanimate emperiom in T4 when I was 2 life point

R5 Burn
    2-0 / 9-3
    4-1
    G1 I know he plays burn so I mull to 5 but I open with entomb reanimate so Iona T2
    G2 My hand: animated dead careful study mistep fetch fetch sphinx daze so T2 sphinx

R6 Black Maverick
    2-0 / 11-3
    5-1 2nd in swiss
    G1 T2 gin-taxias and after platinum emperiom
    G2 He mull 5 with bojuka and karakas so land pass, me land thoughtseize and I opt for T2 reanimate per sphinx and he did't see stp for three turn

Quarter Enchantress
    2-0 / 13-3
    G1 I started T3 Iona white, he try to block me with elephant grass but I had 2 land
    G2 He start land pass, I don't remember clearly just my thoughtseize on his cc3 key card, after I reanimate he tried an oblivion but I fow

Semifinal RUG NO
    2-0/ 15-3
    G1 He won the die, I don't remember clearly but I entomb in my T2 eot after his fetch, he played natural order daze fow fow I exhume jin and I won
    G2 I wrong to side our emperiom for blazing, he played in my T2 draw phase vendilion and I discard careful but I draw brainstorm so brainstorm fetch entomb misstep misstep and jin is in grave, he attacked so 15 and in my turn I reanimate jin so 5, drew 7 and discard iona, he played goyf and attack so 2 and fetch 1, I tried to entomb platinum but I realized it was side out so I opted for blazing and I wronged, Iona red was better I drew bolt and he played it misstep misstep I can't fow so I sac hapless and I drew misstep so I won :) ... I was tired and vs a really good player so Iwas not my best errors: platinum vs blazing & blazing vs iona red, if I didn't wrong the side in I no needto be lucky... :)

Thread Information