Page 136 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 3594

Thread: [Deck] Reanimator

My cat's name is Tarmogoyf!
    Dec 2010
    Franklin, PA; Cleveland, OH

Re: [Deck] B/U Reanimator

Quote Originally Posted by Muppet86 View Post
    Do you guy's have any pointers on how i can change the maindeck/sb. I'm currently happy by playing without the hapless researchers.
    My suggestions would be play 2-3 Hapless Researchers, 1 more creature in you main deck, and 2-3 more land. I hear that you are happy without the Researchers but an extra 2-3 discard outlets in you deck can be very useful. I like the 7-8 creature range, so I guess you are good there. 15 land is not enough. I initially ran my build at 18 land (6 basics, 4 Underground Seas, and 8 fetches). I tested sneaking in more cantrips for land slots. I did this for 17 and 16 land builds. When you play fewer than 17 land, you will consistently miss land drops and this is not good especially if you expect to see some decent representation of Wasteland.

At very least, I would suggest +2 Land, -2 Ponder.

On the sb i have a lot of doubts. What do you normaly board out? The md is pretty tight.
    The board looks pretty good. I don't think you need 6 slots for creatures and I also think you should consider Show and Tell as well as Stifle. You can see how I boarded at SCG Pittsburgh on the previous page. Good Luck!

thnx for reply's i said white, he was playing burn, i lost 3 turns later to a fiend and burn spells

Site Contributor
    Jun 2011

ah well... there was no need to rush there :( . better luck next time.

Mar 2011
    Tokyo, Japan

Short report... 5-2, from 90+ Players. Legacy Tourney.

Round 1 - (2-0 vs. Affinity)

Game 1 - Turn Two Jin Gitaxias Shut him down.

[Sideboard: -4 Daze, -1 Inkwell Leviathan, -1 Jin Gitaxias, +1 Sphinx of Steel Wind, +1 Blazing Archon +2 Pithing Needle, +2 Show and Tell]

Game 2 - He almost played his entire opening hand... but Elesh Norn sealed his deck.

Round 2 - (2-0 vs. Dead Guy Ale)

Game 1 - Opponent got a game loss from an incomplete decklist entry.
    Game 2 - Turn Two Jin Gitaxias.

Round 3 - (1-2 vs. Merfolk)

Game 1 - Jin Gitaxias again!

[Sideboard: -4 Daze, -1 Jin Gitaxias , +3 Thoughtseize, +1 Flusterstorm, +1 Blazing Archon]
    Game 2 - Relic of Progenitus screwed my game plan.

[Sideboard: -3 Thoughtseize, +3 Daze, +2 Show and Tell, -1 Brainstorm, -1 Hapless Researcher]
    Game 3 - I managed to put Elesh Norn in play but he outraced me with two Level 4 Coralhelms.

Round 4 - (2-0 vs. Pox)

Game 1 - Jin Gitaxias owned him.

[Sideboard: -1 Force of Will, -3 Daze, -1 Inkwell Leviathan, -1 Hapless Researcher, +1 Flusterstorm, +3 Thoughtseize, +2 Show and Tell, +1 Misdirection]
    Game 2 - Mull to five. I got bad opening but i recovered and sealed him with Sphinx of the Steelwind Iona.

Round 5 - (1-2 vs. Bant Countertop)

Game 1 - Jin Gitaxias again...

[Sideboard: -4 Daze, -1 Jin Gitaxias , +3 Thoughtseize, +1 Flusterstorm, +1 Terastodon]
    Game 2 - Bad draws, like 5 consecutive land top decks. Relic of Progenitus wiped my graveyard.

[Sideboard: -2 Thoughtseize, +2 Pithing Needle]
    Game 3 - Same as Game 2, but he already sealed by deck with a turn 2 Counterbalance and two Relic of Progenitus

Round 6 - (2-0 vs. Zoo)

Game 1 - Turn 2 Sphinx of Steel Wind. He threw 2 Path to Exiles, but both removals got answered by Mental Misteps then Iona sealed his White Spells.

[Sideboard: -1 Inkwell Leviathan, -1 Jin Gitaxias, -1 Daze, +1 Flusterstorm, +1 Misdirection, +1 Sphinx of Steel Wind]
    Game 2 - I took heavy beatdown from two 2/2 Nactls and Dryad Arbor plus a newly played Stoneforge. Elesh Norn wiped out his board.

Round 7 - (2-1 vs. Imperial Painter)

Game 1 - Turn 2 Jin Gitaxias. I also managed to protect jin from maindeck REBs and Pyroblasts.

[Sideboard: -3 Daze, -1 Inkwell Leviathan, -1 Sphinx of Steel Wind, +2 Thoughtseize, +1 Misdirection, +1 Flusterstorm, +1 Terastodon]

Game 2 - Got screwed by Trinisphere and Moon effects. Painter-Grindstone Combo finished the game

[Sideboard: +3 Daze, -2 Thoughtseize, -1 Terastodon]
    Game 3 - He painted both of use with color blue, but Iona, Shield of Emeria sealed color blue and finished the game.

Dec 2010

@ rnightingale

Nice tournament report. Sounds like you got screwed by graveyard hate a few times. I said it back during my last tournament report, but I will say it again. Try out Stifle. It lets you play more aggressively, even into the face of graveyard hate. For games 2-3, +2 SnT and +2 Stifle for, say -2 Exhume/Animate Dead and -2 appropriate (least useful) counter spell, really gives you more lines of play and lets you still use the graveyard line of play, which is your "Plan A." Just some food for thought. At any rate, I would love to see your deck and sideboard.

Played in a tournament of 79 people today. Went 5-0-2 and finished on top of the standings. We splitted the top8.

I played to following list:

1 Iona
    3 jin&Tonic
    1 sphinx of the steel wind
    1 empyrial archangel
    1 Inkwell leviathan

7 creatures

4 ponder
    4 brainstorm
    4 mental misstep
    4 force of will
    3 daze
    4 careful study
    4 entomb
    3 reanimate
    4 exhume
    4 animate dead
    38 spells

9 fetch
    4 sea
    1 island
    1 swamp

SB:
    2 Iona
    2 sphinx
    1 blazing archon
    1 elesh norn
    4 pithing needle
    3 spell pierce
    2 chain of vapor

Although Sturtzilla gave me some pointers, i tried my own list for once.

My matches went as following:

Round 1: Show and Tell/Defense of the heart brew
    He playes a forbidden orchard into a tinder wall. I have no idea but I go for Jin. He tries a defense, i Fow, he scoops.

Board: +2 Iona, +3 spell pierce, -1 inkwell, -1 elesh, -2 reanimate, -1 daze.

Game2:He does almost nothing, i go for Jin, and after that Iona. He scoops.

1-0

Ronde2 Dark Tempo *****
    Game1:
    I keep a hand with a t2 or t3 reanimate inkwell. I have a study at hand, so that will come in handy. I don't have to fight over it. t2 i try exhume, wich is countered. t3 animate dead, which sticks. He scoops because he can't race it.

Board +2 sphinx, +3 spell pierce, -1 elesh norn, -1 jin -2 reanimate -1 daze.

Game2:
    I try to bait him to use al his counters on my fetch lands, which works. After which i try entomb and drop Jin. He thinks a minute, then scoops.
    2-0

Ronde3: Merfolk
    I win the die roll and go for a t2 jin. He scoops after he reads that he has to discards his hand every turn:-)

Board: -1 inkwell leviathan, -1 jin, -2 reanimate, -1 daze +2 sphinx, +3 needle.

Game2: He missteps my study, My second study is also forced. That leaves me with no discardoutlets. I slowely die to the fish.

Game3: I reanimate a sphinx t3. The sphinx races the fish:-)

3-0

Ronde4: Tess
    Game1:
    Both of us use a lot of ponders and brainstorms, but we both find nothing. Eventually, he hits the jackpot and kills me with ad nauseum.

Board: +2 Iona, +2 Spell pierce, -1 elesh norn, -1 inkwell, -2 reanimate.

Game2:
    I go t2 Jin, find a fow+blue card and a daze. He tries to go off, the daze is enough.

Game3:
    I have a God hand. T2 Jin with double fow+blue card backup:-). He has no change.

4-0

Ronde5: PatternHulk Combo
    Game 1: I have no idea what he is playing until he playes a carrion feeder. After a couple of turns, i go for Jin. He tries to natural order his academy rector, but it is white. So bye bye.

Board: -1 Inkwell, -1 Sphinx, -2 daze, +2 Iona, -2 reanimate

Game2:
    I keep a decent hand with a t3 Jin, i find a lot of counterbackup and finish the game with 3 fow, 3 blue cards to go with them and a misstep.

5-0

I can draw my next to matches and finish on top of the tables.

The deck is pretty sick. Specially the Jin is a beating! With the meta not focussing on the graveyard, It can easily go nuts.

I don't know if the stifle sb will be good. But i will try them. The top8 was filled with maverick, which i don;t know if it is a good matchup?
    Team Nijmegen

Dec 2010

Played in a tournament of 79 people today. Went 5-0-2 and finished on top of the standings. We splitted the top8.
    Gratz! Sounds like you had a pretty solid day.

It sounds like you did great piloting your own build to a good finish.

The deck is pretty sick. Specially the Jin is a beating! With the meta not focussing on the graveyard, It can easily go nuts.
    I totally agree. Many of the top SCG players are even running graveyard hate in their boards. Check out this question asked at the recent SCG Richmond: http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/l...ck_For_It.html

Most players are not really dedicating much sideboard if anything to it. The most I have seen is 2-3 relics or crypts in the sideboard. This is really good for us, as it mean our graveyard based plan is less likely to get screwed with.

I don't know if the stifle sb will be good. But i will try them. The top8 was filled with maverick, which i don;t know if it is a good matchup?
    First off, it is quite possible that Stifle is just a personal preference. If you have it in hand, it means you don't have to spend your counter magic on their graveyard hate. Force of Willing a Tormod's Crypt is just a terrible way to begin the game. It lets you retain the control of the tempo of games 2-3, even if you fear graveyard hate. Instead of a single graveyard hate card 2 or 3 for 1-ing you (which many times leads to a blow out), you still can get your guy (which generally leads to a win). I really like siding in both Show and Tell and Stifle. It allows for 2 separate lines of play that make it significantly more difficult for your opponent to deal with.

I guess Spell Pierce basically covers the same area as Stifle, although not quite as well. Mana for Stifle does not necessarily need to be open when your opponent casts the graveyard hate (whereas for Spell Pierce it does). This allows for your early resources to be spent on business. You can still go for your turn one and two entombs and careful studies. Most opponents won't activate graveyard hate until you try to reanimate your guy. Knowing when the removal will occur allows us to budget mana and thus make sure we can secure the reanimation by Stifling the grave hate activation. Sure Spell Pierce can counter both Crypt and Relic, but it fails to take care of Faerie Macabre, which Stifle takes care of. Ultimately, it comes down to how you want to play the deck. I like the Stifles because it allows me to continue to be the aggressor even post board. Spell Pierce means you have to play a bit more control-esque and back off a bit. I think both strategies can work, I just like ensuring speed for this deck. I think Stifle gives us more in that department.

Second of all, Maverick should be a pretty easy match up. They have no counter magic, so our game plan will progress relatively unhindered. We also have the benefit of being able to counter the key pieces of their deck. The only thing you should worry about is active (non-summoning sick) Knight of the Reliquary. She can dig up a Bojuka Bog to take out your graveyard. I am not sure if most builds are running it in the main these days, but definitively expect it post board and maybe even in multiples.

Lastly, how did you like running 8 cantrips? It just seems like too many to me. I may test it out though.

Mar 2011
    Tokyo, Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Sturtzilla View Post
    @ rnightingale

Nice tournament report. Sounds like you got screwed by graveyard hate a few times. I said it back during my last tournament report, but I will say it again. Try out Stifle. It lets you play more aggressively, even into the face of graveyard hate. For games 2-3, +2 SnT and +2 Stifle for, say -2 Exhume/Animate Dead and -2 appropriate (least useful) counter spell, really gives you more lines of play and lets you still use the graveyard line of play, which is your "Plan A." Just some food for thought. At any rate, I would love to see your deck and sideboard.
    Here's my decklist.

4 Exhume
    4 Entomb
    4 Reanimate
    3 Animate Dead

4 Careful Study
    3 Brainstorm

4 Force of Will
    4 Mental Mistep
    4 Daze // (on play) i really feel secured if i have Daze's in hand. (on draw) most of the time, i swap em' with Thoughtseizes.

2 Hapless Researcher
    3 Jin Gitaxias, Core Auger
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    1 Inkwell Leviathan
    1 Sphinx of the Steel Wind
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite

4 Underground Seas
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Misty Rainforest
    1 Marsh Flats
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Swamp
    2 Island

Sideboard

3 Thoughtseize (against control decks)
    3 Show and Tell (this one didnt helped a lot..well, once. Yeah, but not all the time, i might)
    2 Echoing Truth (good against Leylines, KOTR, multiple Goyfs.. etc.)
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Misdirection (helped me a lot, i misdirected lots of Path to Exiles and Pyroblasts to protect my Jin Gitaxias)
    1 Flusterstorm (it happens that i just have 1 pc. so i tried to use this card, pretty useless for now..)
    1 Sphinx of the Steel Wind
    1 Terastodon
    1 Blazing Archon

Additional Info:

-I used Careful Study as a Cantrip. But its a very bad idea. You really need to draw a creature card to make it effective, otherwise its a card disadvantage.

-Elesh Norn is better than Blazing Archon.

-Inkwell Leviathan got boarded out lots of time..might replace this with a better creature. Merfolks can still outrace you. I hope Innistrad has better fatties.

-Brainstorm doesn't help a lot anymore.. I'd rather cast a Turn One, Entomb or Careful Study. To me, running 3 Brainstorms is optimal.

Dec 2010

My main and sideboard look very similar to you list. We have very small variations between the two lists. I think yours looks pretty solid. Check out my stance on Stifle over the past few posts and see what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by rnightingale View Post
    I used Careful Study as a Cantrip. But its a very bad idea. You really need to draw a creature card to make it effective, otherwise its a card disadvantage.
    You really want to have a guy to bin or you are just filling the yard. This is why Hapless Researcher shines. You can play him and just wait for the creature. Allowing you to leave mana open for counters and digging. He is like "Careful Study Light," that meaning he is only one card, which can be really helpful in some situations.

Elesh Norn is better than Blazing Archon.
    I have been really liking Elesh as well (nothing like getting to Value-Town with Wild Nactl equivalent Researchers). However you will think this until you are starting down a Progenitus or Emrakul. Don't discount the Archon because he saves you ass in these situations.

Inkwell Leviathan got boarded out lots of time..might replace this with a better creature. Merfolks can still outrace you. I hope Innistrad has better fatties.
    More and more, I have been not really happy/impressed with Inky. I keep wishing that he were a 4th Jin-Gitaxias or a 2nd Sphinx of the Steel Wind. These are the guys that generally win the game for me. I guess this might be a good slot to try out an Angel of Despair, as well. I like the idea of having some main deck, versatile removal.

Brainstorm doesn't help a lot anymore.. I'd rather cast a Turn One, Entomb or Careful Study. To me, running 3 Brainstorms is optimal.
    I have been running 2 and liking it. I used to run the full 4 Brainstorm and 4 Lim-Dul's Vault. The current build is just faster and has a better counter magic package. I might try out a 3rd Brainstorm as it helps attrition-y games, but 2 have been serving me well.

I played to following list:

1 Iona
    3 jin&Tonic
    1 sphinx of the steel wind
    1 empyrial archangel
    1 Inkwell leviathan

7 creatures

4 ponder
    4 brainstorm
    4 mental misstep
    4 force of will
    3 daze
    4 careful study
    4 entomb
    3 reanimate
    4 exhume
    4 animate dead
    38 spells

9 fetch
    4 sea
    1 island
    1 swamp

SB:
    2 Iona
    2 sphinx
    1 blazing archon
    1 elesh norn
    4 pithing needle
    3 spell pierce
    2 chain of vapor

In general, I like how you tweaked the maindeck against Mental Misstep. Although I think the sideboard may need help against Leyline of the Void. I'd suggest adding a 3rd Chain of Vapor.

anyone tried a basic core list running 4 brainstorm and 4 gitaxian probe with 16 land?

Quote Originally Posted by [sic] View Post
    In general, I like how you tweaked the maindeck against Mental Misstep. Although I think the sideboard may need help against Leyline of the Void. I'd suggest adding a 3rd Chain of Vapor.
    Obvious LOL is obvious

I never liked Chain of Vapor, unlike other bounce like Echoing Truth, you can't use Chain of Vapor to bounce something after you got your fatty on the table, like bouncing a Lackey after you reanimate Iona for Red. And I really don't like having my bounce spell countered by MM, sure Echoing Truth is more likely to be countered by Daze... but at least you can try playing around that.

Dec 2010

Quote Originally Posted by planarvoid View Post
    anyone tried a basic core list running 4 brainstorm and 4 gitaxian probe with 16 land?
    Honestly, Brainstorm and Ponder do a better job of digging for what you need at any given time, as they allow you to see more cards. My opinion is Gitaxian Probe is a bit too costly to our life total to cast for the alternate cost of two life. This deck many times doesn't do anything the first couple turns of the game, and as such we take a good amount of damage, when playing against aggro decks. I am even in the camp that doesn't run Brainstorm and Ponder as 4-ofs anymore. My opinion is that running cards you want to see is more important than running cantrip oriented cards. So, I would say that it really doesn't have a place in the deck.

May 2011
    Valencia (Spain)

I'm back from the Spanish National Legacy Tournament, we were 318 players, 9 rounds + top16 and I lost in top16 against BUG landstill, 'cause when I had the game won I made a mistake and I lost.

http://www.factoriademishra.com/phpB...hp?f=12&t=5493

There is the report, but it's in spanish.

Phyrexian Reanimator

3 [A] Underground Sea
    4 [ON] Polluted Delta
    3 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
    2 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    2 [UNH] Island
    2 [UNH] Swamp

4 [NPH] Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
    1 [ZEN] Iona, Shield of Emeria
    1 [ARB] Sphinx of the Steel Wind
    1 [RAV] Blazing Archon
    3 [JU] Hapless Researcher
    1 [M11] Stormtide Leviathan

4 [FNM] Reanimate
    4 [US] Exhume
    2 [A] Animate Dead
    4 [OD] Entomb
    4 [AL] Force of Will
    4 [NPH] Mental Misstep
    3 [NE] Daze
    4 [OD] Careful Study
    3 [FNM] Brainstorm
    1 [MM] Misdirection

Side
    SB: 2 [DS] Echoing Truth
    SB: 1 [US] Show and Tell
    SB: 2 [WL] Null Rod
    SB: 2 [SOK] Pithing Needle
    SB: 1 [NPH] Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    SB: 1 [WWK] Terastodon
    SB: 1 [SOM] Platinum Emperion
    SB: 1 [OD] Coffin Purge
    SB: 2 [COM] Flusterstorm
    SB: 2 [MOR] Vendilion Clique

I played against Elves 2-0, GW zenith 0-2, UWr Stoneblade 2-1, GW Zenith 2-0, BRG Goblins 2-0, New Horizons 2-0, UWr stoneblade 2-1, UW Landstill 2-0, ID, BUG Landstill 1-2 (If I had won, the next pairs would have been Team america, Merfolks and GW Zenith) The vendilion cliques were AWESOME.
    3d2Y. [Wolves never look back]

Jun 2011
    Czech Republic

@Alsan: Gratz to you. I have two questions. Where were cliques useful? Didn't you have problem with mana (16 sources)?

May 2011
    Valencia (Spain)

I played Reanimator all weekend (like 6 tournaments), and broke the plan of 3 team america of mulliganing to leyline of void, put one vendilion under Standstill, raced a BUG landstill, and cicled creatures from my hand to draw better spells.

I don't have mana screw ever, I'm the unlucky man who floods always. In testing (nearly 5 months ago) I played 18, but reduced 2. When Garobidou showed his maths, I played his #2 configuration, but cutting 2 lands because it's nuts seeing how much do I flood with 18 lands.

BTw, thanks! :D
    3d2Y. [Wolves never look back]

Quote Originally Posted by Sturtzilla View Post

First off, it is quite possible that Stifle is just a personal preference. If you have it in hand, it means you don't have to spend your counter magic on their graveyard hate. Force of Willing a Tormod's Crypt is just a terrible way to begin the game. It lets you retain the control of the tempo of games 2-3, even if you fear graveyard hate. Instead of a single graveyard hate card 2 or 3 for 1-ing you (which many times leads to a blow out), you still can get your guy (which generally leads to a win). I really like siding in both Show and Tell and Stifle. It allows for 2 separate lines of play that make it significantly more difficult for your opponent to deal with.

I guess Spell Pierce basically covers the same area as Stifle, although not quite as well. Mana for Stifle does not necessarily need to be open when your opponent casts the graveyard hate (whereas for Spell Pierce it does). This allows for your early resources to be spent on business. You can still go for your turn one and two entombs and careful studies. Most opponents won't activate graveyard hate until you try to reanimate your guy. Knowing when the removal will occur allows us to budget mana and thus make sure we can secure the reanimation by Stifling the grave hate activation. Sure Spell Pierce can counter both Crypt and Relic, but it fails to take care of Faerie Macabre, which Stifle takes care of. Ultimately, it comes down to how you want to play the deck. I like the Stifles because it allows me to continue to be the aggressor even post board. Spell Pierce means you have to play a bit more control-esque and back off a bit. I think both strategies can work, I just like ensuring speed for this deck. I think Stifle gives us more in that department.

Second of all, Maverick should be a pretty easy match up. They have no counter magic, so our game plan will progress relatively unhindered. We also have the benefit of being able to counter the key pieces of their deck. The only thing you should worry about is active (non-summoning sick) Knight of the Reliquary. She can dig up a Bojuka Bog to take out your graveyard. I am not sure if most builds are running it in the main these days, but definitively expect it post board and maybe even in multiples.

Lastly, how did you like running 8 cantrips? It just seems like too many to me. I may test it out though.
    Tnx for the reply.

First: Stifle vs Spell pierce. I think your assesment is accurate. It depens what kind of strategy you want. If you want to go aggro, you chose stifle. Spell pierce is more a control like card which i counter the graveyardhate.
    The needles are in the sb for karakas, knight and all sorts of stuff. It's a versatile card and really strong as well.

Second: Maverick.

The deck is becoming pretty popular and has a good sb against us. I faced a version with 4 mental misstep mb, which is a good choice for the maverick player. Also they play the Ooze mb, which kind of sucks.

I think the match-up i still winable, but you have to be on your guard. Going for a sphinx is a beater:-), especially if you have a counter or 2 back up. Jin is also sick, but we already knew that.

Third: the cantrips

My playgroup consist of a couple of great ANT players. I build the list with them, and we figured that reanimator is like a combo deck that wants to find it;s combo pieces as quick and consistenly. Therefore, we chose to play 8 cantrips. I never had a moment when the were bad. The adjust your draw, and give you tempo. I advise you to try it in testing a couple of times.
    Team Nijmegen

Aug 2010
    Colorado, bitches!

Just picked up my 4th entomb today. Old time combo player looking to switch into reanimator. Sturts, can you post your most recent list?

Dec 2010

@ Alsan

Great Job! I am really glad to hear that you did well. I like the innovation with Vendilion Clique; it seems like post board it can be really strong.

Third: the cantrips

My playgroup consist of a couple of great ANT players. I build the list with them, and we figured that reanimator is like a combo deck that wants to find it;s combo pieces as quick and consistently. Therefore, we chose to play 8 cantrips. I never had a moment when the were bad. The adjust your draw, and give you tempo. I advise you to try it in testing a couple of times.
    I have played my list with 4 Brainstorm and also 4 Lim-Dul's Vault, which is nearly the same. I have also played the list with 4 Brainstorm and 2 Ponder. I found myself dead drawing about 50% of the time. I mean casting Brainstorm or Ponder trying to find whatever the hand was missing (creature, discard effect, reanimate spell, or counter magic), but failing to find anything useful. So I began running the list with fewer Brainstorms. This allowed for the inclusion of a bit more business. I am not saying that it is the only way to go, but it has been serving me better.

If you page back a ways, I did significant gold fishing of a few configurations of the deck with varying numbers of Brainstorms. I tested over 400 sample hands (you can find the results of each sample hand a few pages back) between different builds and what I found was the fewer Brainstorms you play, the fast the deck operates. One the other hand, the fewer Brainstorms you play, the worse the deck operates in poor mulliganing situations. Another separate consideration that should be noted is how cantrips effect your mulliganing decisions. The make openers harder to evaluate as you don't know what you will draw into.

There is a key difference in our game plan as opposed to an ANT player. Sure we are both playing combo decks, but our combo is far more compact. We don't need to spend the first two or three turn adjusting our hand to a perfect 6-7 cards for a kill. We need basically the right 2 cards and a land to win. I respect the comparison, but there is vast difference between the decks even though they are both considered combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown of Tresserhorn View Post
    Just picked up my 4th entomb today. Old time combo player looking to switch into reanimator. Sturtz, can you post your most recent list?
    The following link contains my current list.

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=39923

I have been debating the following two changes to the main:
    -1 Inkwell Leviathan
    -1 Marsh Flats/Verdant Catacombs
    +1 Brainstorm
    +1 Jin-Gitaxias

Inkwell hasn't really been shining lately. I am like very close to just moving him to the board.

I have been also think about working the sideboard a bit like this:
    -2 Flusterstorm
    +1 Stifle
    +1 Flex Slot (potentially the boarded out Inkwell?)

Flusterstorm was a last minute inclusion at SCG Pittsburgh because I anticipated that I would be facing Hive Mind Combo. It has other uses (unprotected storm combos), but I doubt that it will be needed as Hive Mind Combo has basically fallen off of the face of the earth. It was like all the rage for about two weeks and then vanished.

Last Note: I got second at locals on this week. I will post a report later tonight. It was only three rounds so it will be short.

Jun 2011
    Czech Republic

Muppet86: Dont forget that with more cantrips come more randomness. Yeah, you "can" draw what you want with ponder, but maybe you will be unlucky. For example if you have animate dead instead of ponder you know what combo part you already have and your mulligan decision will be easier and less risky.

Thread Information