Page 144 of 180 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 3594

Thread: [Deck] Reanimator

Sep 2010
    Michigan

Re: [DTB] Reanimator

I've been playing with Dispels in the main and have been pretty satisfied. I've only had a few instances where I would have rather had Spell Pierce. I will probably test a bit with Misdirection as well.

Also, top 8 of SCG Indy has 2 Reanimator decks. I can't wait to see their lists tomorrow just to see what they decided to play.

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

The top 16 lists are already up with the Reanimator lists here and here.

In response: Snapcaster Mage
    Feb 2011

So much about Reanimator is weaker without MM as some people in this thread claimed. :)

Site Contributor
    Sep 2011
    Middle of Somewhere, Nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    The top 16 lists are already up with the Reanimator lists here and here.
    Correct Solution to open deckspots: More Brainstorm. NOBUTSRSLY

But seriously. Hate to be that guy calling out the winners, (Yes, I know it worked for them) but why is Norn so popular now? I thought archon was just better, as some matchups, they can still push damage by Norn if they have enough creatures. (Zoo, Folk) Also,

The Creature suite they both ran was

3x Jin Gitaxias
    1x Empyrial Archangel
    1x Sphinx of the Steel Wind
    1x Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1x Angel of Despair

And then
    Walton (4th)
    +1x Iona, Shield of Emeria.

Is this the consensus base now? Are Terastodon/Iona/Blazing Archon out of the playbook now? As I thought they had been proven to be better than Empyrial and Angel of Despair (with respect to 'Rasty and Archon)
    "The last top 8 slot went to the winner of that Death and Taxes mirror, or as I like to call it, the White Supremacy Mirror.
    "Swiggety Swagtusk, Here comes the Thragtusk!"

In response to "What's the best replacement for Force of Will?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn
    Modern

3 in top 16, two of them of weird design.. including winner, oh god just 3 CS 4 entomb? unbeaten? how can this work... no Iona, archangel? angel? ...players in america are mystery to me...

Hopefully this means people will play more hate for a while, reanimator getting no finishes the next couple weeks, and then there's less hate for it in Amsterdam. Hopefully ...

(but if people start running leylines without even being black it seems really bad for us.)

I agree with Anselm. On my gpt I went to the final against elves, and the player already knew me and packed 4 leyline and 3 relics/tormods... But the thing is, if they're playing leyline offcolor they have to mulligan agressivly to hate, and by doing that they loose power, and give us time to find the answer. That's what happened. He mulliganed agressively, played relic which I FoW'd, then tormod's. But had no fuel left, so I had time to dig for an echoing truth and seal the game.
    But if they get lucky and have a leyline in the first seven, things become much more tough.
    Let's hope the hate puts the deck a little under the radar again or else we'll have to save some sideboard slots for the mirror

May 2006
    Moscow, Russia

My set of creatures:
    4 Jin (fckin srsly, if you play 3, a kitten dies somewhere)
    1 Iona (you need this against combo)
    1 Sphinx (zoo and other 'red' decks)
    1 Archon (go Progenitus and all random shit, try to race this)
    1 Norn (autowin against Dredge, Elves, etc)

And it works wonders, I almost never want to board a creature from S/B (I run 2 Terastodon + Inkwell).

Personally, I prefer Hapless Researchers to Ponder. A faster goldfish is just that good, with 8 good creatures, there's always something to pich. Don't waste time Pondering.

I could see ponder being better postboard, and that's only if you're looking to find antihate against Leylines.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by nastirth View Post
    I agree with Anselm. On my gpt I went to the final against elves, and the player already knew me and packed 4 leyline and 3 relics/tormods... But the thing is, if they're playing leyline offcolor they have to mulligan agressivly to hate, and by doing that they loose power, and give us time to find the answer. That's what happened. He mulliganed agressively, played relic which I FoW'd, then tormod's. But had no fuel left, so I had time to dig for an echoing truth and seal the game.
    But if they get lucky and have a leyline in the first seven, things become much more tough.
    Let's hope the hate puts the deck a little under the radar again or else we'll have to save some sideboard slots for the mirror
    You ran into someone packing seven slots of GY hate? that's insane..... I mean, I guess its elves, so you're only really worried about faster combo decks and dredge..... but.... seven slots!?!?!?!
    "The last top 8 slot went to the winner of that Death and Taxes mirror, or as I like to call it, the White Supremacy Mirror.

Modern

Site Contributor
    Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by nastirth View Post
    You ran into someone packing seven slots of GY hate? that's insane..... I mean, I guess its elves, so you're only really worried about faster combo decks and dredge..... but.... seven slots!?!?!?!

Modern

@Goin
    Yep, that was a metagame decision on his part. He knew he had a good chance to face me sometime if he had to have a shot at the three byes, so he packed them. But the funny part is that he had a card in sideboard that could give me much much more trouble than the leylines: Choke. This card is pure evil against us. But he was so focused on gy hate that they stayed in the sideboard.

Nevertheless, expect a lot of hate from now on. Not of 7 cards of course, but at least 4, even because they are good fighting snapcaster mage, which I think it wasn't properly abused yet.

@Tinefol
    I play almost the same 8 as you except I play with archangel instead of the 4th jin, and my kitten is perfectly fine :) - I do have the 4th jin in sb though. ;)

EDH | Legacy
    Jul 2010
    Malaysia

http://www.starcitygames.com/events/..._josh_wei.html

REANIMATOR WINS?! congratulations Reanimator

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

I was there also. I had the typical lists from here with a couple of small exceptions.

3 Jin, 1 Norn, 1 Angel, 1 Terastodon, 1 Sphinx, 1 Iona. Missteps were replaced by 4th Daze and 3 Misdirections.

Anyway, the reason Norn was so good was from just what's getting played again. Here's how my day went and you'll see why she's amazing.

1st round Eva green, Jin and Sheodred took that one. 2nd, I got raped by Painter since I thought it was diff deck and played against it stupidly. 3rd was Goblins, Norn tears him a new one. 4th was lands, Jin. 5th was Affinity, Norn tears him up. 6th was Goblins, Norn cleans house again. 7th was Hypergenesis, I'll mention that one in a sec. All in all though, Norn was a champ due to the aggro.

Had the weirdest game win ever. I got caught in game 3 against Hypergenesis not knowing he had Leylines. He drops one right off the bat and I just cringe. Didn't expect a GWR deck to drop that so I had no Echoing Truths to bounce it. I keep playing anyway trying to figure out how I can get around that. I didn't come up with much so I just started brainstorming and pondering into creatures. I didn't even board in Show and Tell since he had Emrakuls and Projos.

Third turn he plays a Cascade spell into Hypergenesis and I daze it. He tosses a Spirit Guide to pay it. Crap, wasn't expecting that so soon. He starts with Projo, I drop Sheodred, He has nothing else. I drop Jin and some other lands and such. Ouch. I guess you can gather how that went. Weirdest win ever.

Unfortunately, I had to leave early so I didn't get to play it out. Sucks too since I was doing well. I still had a shot at the money obviously. Friends didn't take off Monday from work with a 7 hour drive home. lol Good game, bad planning. Got 56th even with dropping with 2 rounds to go. Not hideous I guess.

All hail BRAKES!
    Jun 2008
    Michigan

Hey everybody, I am just sitting down to write my report but I wanted to go over a few points:

Elesh Norn kills a ton of decks and even if she get's plowed, you still Wrath them, most of the time. Blazing Archon is comparable and situationaly better, but Elesh Norn is better against more decks, so I play her in the main over the Archon

Angel of Despair over Terrastadon - The Evasion of Angel and the ability to kill anything makes it great for killing Jace, opposing Reanimated creatures off Exhume or really whatever, she generally kills about as fast (4 swings) as Terrastadon does when he destroys one of their permanents. I was going to play the 'Don in the board, but there just wasn't likely to the Counter-Top Thopters in the event due to the fact that control is harder to build in a new environment, which is really the only match where I would want him.

So, in replacing MMS, this is what I initially did +1 Ponder +1 Empyrial Archangel +1 Thoughtseize +1 Spell Pierce.

In testing, I was really, really liking Thoughtseize, even though I was concerned about the life loss, the format just is never going to be as aggressive as it had been prior to MMS, so I replaced the Spell Pierce with another. For the rest of the board, I was going to play a Flusterstorm, but Spell Pierce was probably just better and Dispel was very exciting and was quite good both of the times I cast it, but it wasn't really something that I wanted in the main.

A very quick breakdown of my matches

R1 Zoo 2-0
    R2 Ugb Unearth TA (Mark Sun) 2-0
    R3 Burn 2-0
    R4 Meat Hooks (Slivers) 2-1
    R5 UW Landstill 2-0
    R6 UW Faeries 1-2
    R7 UW Stoneblade 2-0
    R8 Cat Sligh 2-1
    R9 ID With friend playing T.E.S.
    T8 Merfolk 2-0
    T4 NO Bant 1-2

Full report should be posted Thursday. Look out for it if you're interested.
    Team Bad Guys

I have come up with an excellent way to be happy! Every time someone says a sentence I simply add on a few words after it:
    Quote Originally Posted by You
    In my opinion, I mean and I'm probably totally wrong!
    Oh my goodness, it's been so great. People with stupid opinions now immediately acknowledge how dumb they are! Internet fights still have all the swears and name calling but now they're instantly undermined by my new suffix.

Aug 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Master Shake - Congrats on top four and thanks for pushing the deck forward post-banning. I look forward to your report.

I have a general rules question about Jin-Gitaxias. If I reanimate him in my second main phase and then end my turn, does my opponent have a chance to get priority to try to kill him before his draw seven trigger goes on the stack? Will I end up at least drawing seven if he hits play in his situation? (barring stifle, etc). Thanks.

Aug 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Master Shake - Congrats on top four and thanks for pushing the deck forward post-banning. I look forward to your report.

I have a general rules question about Jin-Gitaxias. If I reanimate him in my second main phase and then end my turn, does my opponent have a chance to get priority to try to kill him before his draw seven trigger goes on the stack? Will I end up at least drawing seven if he hits play in his situation? (barring stifle, etc). Thanks.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2011

Alright here's how I think this works in terms of Priority.

Cast JG, Pass to Opponent, Opponent has no plays, JG enters play.

From that point, I think you have to pass priority once more in between the two of you in order for you to enter the end step.

So JG Enters play, You have no more plays, and pass to opponent. They could remove it at this point with instant speed removal and prevent you from drawing seven before the end step trigger.

Modern

Sunday I took Reanimator for a spin in a local GPT. I played a mixed list with misdirection, Ponder, Brainstorm & Thoughtseize. Creatures were: 3 Jin, 1 Iona, 1 Archon, 1 Inkwell, 1 Sphinx ot Steel wind, 1 Angel of Despair. SB contains 1 Elesh, 1 extra Sphinx, 4 Leyline ot Void, 2 Extractions, 3 Show & Tell, 1 Rebuild, 1 Empirial Archangel, 1 Echoing Truth, 1 Wipe Away. Only 15 players, so only 4 rounds and a top 4.
    R1 win 2-1 against NORUg. Jin goes all the way.
    R2 win 2-0 against The gate. Monocolor & Iona= extreme love and easy wins.
    R3 loss 1-2 against Goblins. One game mana-flooded and second game he played warren weirding 2 times and just run me over.
    R4 win 2-0 against Team America. Jin again goes all the way.
    I make top 4 and again play against Team America and Goblins. This time Jin (TA) and Iona (Goblins) make it for me. I win 3 byes for Amsterdam and go home a happy man.

All hail BRAKES!
    Jun 2008
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Alright here's how I think this works in terms of Priority.
    So JG Enters play, You have no more plays, and pass to opponent. They could remove it at this point with instant speed removal and prevent you from drawing seven before the end step trigger.
    This is accurate. Both players need to pass priority to end the main phase, and if he makes it to your end step, before the opponent get's priority, the trigger goes on the stack, so if they kill him in the endstep, you'll still be drawing cards.
    Team Bad Guys

I have come up with an excellent way to be happy! Every time someone says a sentence I simply add on a few words after it:
    Quote Originally Posted by You
    In my opinion, I mean and I'm probably totally wrong!
    Oh my goodness, it's been so great. People with stupid opinions now immediately acknowledge how dumb they are! Internet fights still have all the swears and name calling but now they're instantly undermined by my new suffix.

Jul 2011
    Florence, Italy

I have a question

When do you sideboard show and tell?

And in this (these) case(s), what's the sideboarding?

In particular I'd like to ask how is the MU vs team america and which can be a good sideboard

Thread Information