Page 180 of 180 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180
Results 3,581 to 3,594 of 3594

Thread: [Deck] Reanimator

Dec 2009
    Denmark

Re: [Deck] Reanimator

Quote Originally Posted by feline View Post
    Then consider this a reply ^.^ It will take about a days worth of work before I'll have enough relevant to make a new thread, I don't want to make a new thread that's empty and start working on it, I usually do most of the work in a document, then when it has enough on it then I make a post and finish whatever is left.

Posting updates/progress here
    -edit- 9:15 am Pacific Time. Well I need a good starting point, starting with looking up when Entomb was unbanned, because I know that was banned back when it was type 1.5 if I recall correctly. (Was on a magic hiatus from like 2008-2011) BOOM found it! September 2009 is the starting point! http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazin...ly/feature/56d
    -edit- 10:15 am Pacific Time. Done with 2010 including the Ban of Mystical tutor, now 2011 & Mental Misstep, this deck has survived alot.
    I had a 13 page primer that I was ready to release, but it's probably best you do it anyway. My style of writing is generally very assholy, offensive and sarcastic, so it's probably not going to be very well-suited for a primer that small innocent children might read.

Just don't forget to include this event in the primer. I think it's the most important Legacy event in recent times, because it was a high stakes tournament that you had to qualify for, and the event was not limited to only one continent. Todd Anderson and myself were working on the same Reanimator shell for this event, and he got 9th while I finished 1st. I believe the most competitive Reanimator lists you can build right now are not going to deviate too much from the ones we came up with.

Dec 2011
    USA

13 page primer, holy cow, I feel compelled to at a minimum to even ask, are you sure? that sounds intense! From a perspective, resource wise, we should compile together somehow, 13 pages of information sounds invaluable just based on that alone.

-edit- 11:15 am Pacific Time. Mid way through 2012 lists.
    -edit- Noon Pacific Time. Decklists complete, with links to over 90 separate decklists from top 16 placings at larger events from Thecouncil (100+ players) & Starcity/Grand Prix events going back to the unbanning of Entomb. Card choices however will be more noted on lists since the printing of Griselbrand.
    -edit- 1:00 pm Pacific Time. Card choices from decklists in.
    -edit- 1:30 pm Pacific Time. Have enough to post new thread, however sections are still being worked, follow along if you wish, posting link shortly.
    -edit- 3:50 pm Pacific Time. Price guide, intro, links to 90+ successful decklists, format & layout complete. -still finishing up on card selection, explanation of singles, & looking for articles related to Reanimator-
    -edit- 4:50 pm Pacific Time. Everything complete except match ups & Article links, in which I'm now searching for.

New thread here completed as of March 22nd! http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...eck-Reanimator
    Last edited by feline; 03-22-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    Primary legacy deck High Tide primer

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    I had a 13 page primer that I was ready to release, but it's probably best you do it anyway. My style of writing is generally very assholy, offensive and sarcastic, so it's probably not going to be very well-suited for a primer that small innocent children might read.
    I'd probably not be the only one interested in reading it anyway. Given that feline's primer is still to be written your work might as well serve as input. Additionally it can never hurt to read different approaches / opinions, especially if they are detailed and well explained (which i assume for a 13 page primer). If you're stepping back for feline to write the new primer, you'd still post your one here as there will be a new thread for the new primer anyway so people wont get confused... Though i can understand if you don't want to post it, just wanted to let you know that it'd be read in case you did

Re: [DTB] Reanimator

Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Hey guys, as I'm sure you have noticed the thread's primer is fucking ancient, and was always quite shitty to begin with. Since this thread keeps bouncing in and out of the DTBF basically every other month, it would be probably be a good idea to get a reboot going with a non-shitty non-ancient primer.

So if you were thinking about writing one, or even if you weren't, consider it a nudge in that direction.

Has anyone contacted the original creator of this thread (Rogdon666) about updating his primer? It would be a shame to lose all of his valuable research that he put into the original primer just to axe the thread and start from scratch.

Rodgon and I have both abandoned this deck... and I think he has quit Magic all together. I never see anything from him anymore. To be fair though I keep wanting to pick it back up.

I've had some problem with affinity in the past. Usually Elesh Norn is enough, but not if they have Master of Etherium, especially together with a plating. One option is Blazing Archon, but it's so bad against everything else (passable vs sneak & show, but hardly necessary there). Is there anything else I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Anselm View Post
    I've had some problem with affinity in the past. Usually Elesh Norn is enough, but not if they have Master of Etherium, especially together with a plating. One option is Blazing Archon, but it's so bad against everything else (passable vs sneak & show, but hardly necessary there). Is there anything else I'm missing?
    Some list play shroulded but I am not sure if its good. Has anyone tried boseiju in the sideboard against miracles or counter heavy deck? How was it?

Quote Originally Posted by mike1987 View Post
    Some list play shroulded but I am not sure if its good. Has anyone tried boseiju in the sideboard against miracles or counter heavy deck? How was it?
    Boseiju won't work very well as most of your key spells (entomb, reanimate) don't cost colorless mana.

Is this deck the right deck to be on at the moment? It seems so powerful, but their are times where my deck just does nothing. It seems like sometimes it can be incredibly good at plowing through hate when their isn't much of a clock, but often if your opponent presents a clock and disruption, I feel like reanimator can just flop on itself.

I'm sure I'm making mistakes, but I want for this deck to be powerful, and right now it's not happening for me consistently.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Are we not shifting over to the new thread?

[Primer/Deck] Reanimator
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyvith View Post
    Is this deck the right deck to be on at the moment? It seems so powerful, but their are times where my deck just does nothing. It seems like sometimes it can be incredibly good at plowing through hate when their isn't much of a clock, but often if your opponent presents a clock and disruption, I feel like reanimator can just flop on itself.

I'm sure I'm making mistakes, but I want for this deck to be powerful, and right now it's not happening for me consistently.
    There's certainly a lot of maindeck graveyard hate right now with multiple decks running the RiP/Helm combo, and I've started to see Painter's Servant decks running 4x Leyline of the Void + Helm combo as well (not sure if that's always been a thing in their deck or not, recently got back into the game.) Not to mention DRS in every other deck.

I mean Reanimator can definitely still perform as seen in some recent tournament placings but as you said, it feels like a frustrating time to be playing the deck right now. No longer are the G1 wins all but guaranteed.

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by nodahero View Post
    Rodgon and I have both abandoned this deck... and I think he has quit Magic all together. I never see anything from him anymore. To be fair though I keep wanting to pick it back up.
    hahaha. cant believe this is still going. lol

i still play the eventual tournament and still kick ass with the deck even though it has been modified quite a bit to make it more viable and faster with the unbanning of entomb.

I have probably played this deck more than any single person out here, and have more information about tournaments, and match ups than the average joe playing this deck, down to strategies, little moves that no one really sees and also the big reasoning why counters are absolutely retarded in the deck without the help of tutors ;)

the beauty of the deck is that anyone can make it their own, that is what reanimator is all about! its fun to lock someone out turn 1 or 2 and seeing them side board in 15 cards just to loose again. lol

ill be happy to chip in on any information or questions about the deck that you guys might have.

here is the list i have been running lately in case anyone has any questions. won 2nd in a recent 20 person tournament with it only losing to a metalworker deck ( mostly due to me not knowing what the hell he was playing. lol )

Discard and graveyard fillers:
    - 4 entomb
    - 4 putrid imp
    - 4 oona's prowler
    - 3 careful study

Creatures for reanimation:
    - 2 Iona
    - 2 jin gitaxias
    - 2 sundering titan
    - 2 griselbrand
    - 1 bogardan hellkite

Reanimation spells:
    - 4 reanimate
    - 4 animate dead
    - 4 exhume

Acceleration:

- 4 dark rituals

--------------------

The magic ratio that has always worked for me has always been something close to 33%33%33%. creatures, reanimation spells and discard and graveyard fillers.
    I cannot stress enough how important it is to not just have the reanimation be your only way out. lol this is the first mistake people make. I have won at least 5 fifth of all my matches thanks to the imps and oonas. specially the oonas. they provide block fodder, small damage inputs and distraction for yoru main strategy. plus the invaluable first and 2nd turn discard if you dont have an entomb of course. People have hated on this concept from the beginning , but its worked well for me always, thus i dont see a need to change that part at least.

The big issue here will always be: why dont you run disruption... or counters... discard... creature kill... blah blah blah... and to those people i just tell them its not needed. The deck is not going to out counter a control deck, its not going to efficiently do it at least. and the more counters you have in your hand... just means a more delayed fat creature in play. I would warrant the counters in the version with the mystical tutors, it was cute and a valid argument for them since you could search for one when you needed it, but in a world without it, the only viable strategy for the deck is to be a fast combo deck that kills your opponent or locks them out ASAP. and you do this with numbers and with the ratio i set up, its very hard to not just statistically draw into what you need.

creatures like sundering titan and bogardan hellkite might be making you think WTF... but in a metagame full of 3-4 color control decks, they win more games than iona or jin. it will reset the board for your opponent and not hurt you needed mana ratio of 1 -2 mana one little bit. hellkite is amazing vs goblins or any other hoard decks too.

decks you will always have issues with are faster combo decks like belcher or anything that can kill you turn 1 or 2. if you see these in your metagames, then sideboard accordingly. you have enough small critters to warrant 4 cabal therapies in the side to make them useful ( plus it works to get yoru shit in the yard in a last moment of need) defense grids, pithing needles and stifles always are nice additions vs these decks until a nice iona hits play winning you the games.

you should be faster than most aggro decks. you should out play most control decks, and you will always have to play around grave hate against any deck now thanks to many very very annoying cards, but learn to use your exhumes , your imps and the stack and play order to play nicely around them. EXAMPLE: opponent plays a tormods crypt. he thinks he has you beat. lol noob.

- have a discard outlet ( imp, oonas prowler or entomb)
    - if you already have a creature in the yard, perfect.
    - cast exhume
    - other player then pops crypt to rid you of your creature. * he then smirks and is thinking he is the man! he is the champion! how can anything go wrong? he just won with a crypt! :D... he is wrong...
    - you resolve the crypts effect, your graveyard is gone... but your exhume has yet to resolve ;) (in case you newbies to the deck are wondering... you dont have to target a creature as you play exhume as you do with reanimate or animate dead so until it resolves.. you dont have to name or choose)
    - with an empty graveyard, and your opponent smuggly thiking he got you... declare that you will like to respond to the exhumes resolution by either discarding another fatty, or casting entomb to search for what you need.
    - he will say... what?? you cant do that!! ... to which you will say... uh... yeah noob, you can! and explain the ruling on exhume to him.
    - his smug look will desapear with what is now a solid face of AWWWWWW... dammit!!! why did i mulligan to 5 for that damn crypt!!!
    - proceed to win the game with a griselbrand of jin. good game good sir... good game.

thats just one example. lol

hope this helps. ill post it in the other thread too... you know... since my info is ANCIENT or so people say ;)
    Id like to milk that oreo... split it in half...and lick all that sweet sweet candy off. mmmmm... oreos....

what about Stifle in Reanimator sideboard? Somebody tried it?

It seems a nice resp to yard hate... (faerie macabre, relic, tormod, and Ooze with only one forest untapped)... and it's a useful card in general

I have no real experience with the deck, so I ask

@rodgon666 very interesting, I agree with your view about this deck ... also i add that monoblack version is not completely destroyed by Merfolks as official, but the opposite

(spanglish message)

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by Anfylion View Post
    what about Stifle in Reanimator sideboard? Somebody tried it?

It seems a nice resp to yard hate... (faerie macabre, relic, tormod, and Ooze with only one forest untapped)... and it's a useful card in general

I have no real experience with the deck, so I ask

@rodgon666 very interesting, I agree with your view about this deck ... also i add that monoblack version is not completely destroyed by Merfolks as official, but the opposite

(spanglish message)
    Sideboards will really vary depending on what you see being played in your meta game. But these are some of the cards I see myself using more often than not when I do play

Stifle: solid card. From stopping a crypt to stopping storm shenanigans to stoping a fetch land. It's solid.
    Thorns of amethyst( or whatever it's called. Makes non creature spells cost 1 more ) amazing vs storm decks. And fast combo like belcher. :
    Duress: just good period vs anything not aggro specially after side boarding.

Pithing needle: very vesatile. Won't win games nbut will allow you to play around bad stuff

Show and tell. I never run it main. But awesome sideboard wise.

Propaganda: vs aggro it will allow you to out race them. Even under hate

Echoing truth. Repel. Or chain vapors. Either one will save you. Choose accordingly.

Honestly those are the cards I always go for. I don't have issues with much that I can't deal with with that
    Id like to milk that oreo... split it in half...and lick all that sweet sweet candy off. mmmmm... oreos....

Thread Information