California

Re: [Deck] B/U Reanimator

I find the SB out to be hard. I mostly go
    -1 Brainstorm,
    -1 Careful Study,
    -1 Intuition,
    -1 Putrid Imp,
    -1 Animate Dead,
    in that order until the cards are in. Anything more and your messing too much with the deck. RodGon might have a different approach to it. I like to delude my decks instead of stripping a certain card from it (unless it's completely useless).
    You know that nightmare where your running but you just can't get away...

Re: Rods Reanimator!

I'm confused, Rodrigo. How can any deck be both "new" (CanGD) and "established" (Established Decks) concurrently?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo
    Writing Skills

...use coherent grammar and sentence structure; and spell your words correctly. Simple enough.

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

i actually didnt post this deck till after the cangd contest was announced and therefore it meets the criteria as a new innovative deck as far as the source goes.

ive been playing the deck for several months in SD, with great success. ( another first place at GE yesterday, ill post up the list i used and the tournament report on both the established and the Contest thread.)

therefore by having very good success with the deck and having tested almost everything and most variations of what the deck could be i can safely say it fits in the established decks forums, since it has established itself in out metagame here in south California.
    Id like to milk that oreo... split it in half...and lick all that sweet sweet candy off. mmmmm... oreos....

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

Re: [Deck] B/U Reanimator

i was once again fiddling with the deck and the sideboard yesterday at GE, i once again ended up taking 1st going undefeated, i did some very minor changes in the main, i put in one more oonas prowler and replaced the tidesprout tyrant with another sundering titan, just for simplicities sake, also i have found that if you find the tidesprout later than turn 4 he is very hard to get going efficiently. so i figured that instead of returning the lands to their hands id rather destroy them. and to keep the deck 61 i cut an intuition, just to see if TEAM HERO's suggestion worked efficiently.

As the sideboard goes i took out the 3 needles and since i added the 4th oonas prowler i decided to add 3 jittes to see if they worked. they did nicely.

Rod's Reanimator
    by Rodrigo Gonzalez
    61 cards.

Spells:
    4x Reanimate
    4x Exhume
    4x Careful Study
    2x Intuition
    3x Brainstorm
    2x Repeal

Enchantments
    4x Animate Dead

Creatures:
    4x Putrid Imp
    4x Oona's Prowler
    4x Bogardan Hellkite
    1x Simic Sky Swallower
    2x Sundering Titan
    1x Akroma, Angel of Wrath
    1x Phantom Nishoba
    1x Bringer of the Blue dawn
    1x Tombstalker

Lands:
    4x Bloodstained Mire
    4x Polluted Delta
    4x Underground Sea
    1x Watery Grave
    5x Swamp
    1x Island

Sideboard

3x umezawas jitte
    1x Repeal
    4x Echoing truth
    4x Stifle
    3x Show and tell

ROUND 1: Blue white fish ( Dean )

Game 1:
    he lets an imp in play, but he disrupts the first 3 reanimation spells i play, i finally get a fatty on board disrupt his game and he kills it, soon enough another comes out and he steals it with the control magic fearie, i kill his fearie with a hellkite getting back my creature and beat him to death.

Game 2:
    this game went long, he had a couple of Jotun grunts and a meddling mage, i manage to get him low on life with a jitte and an imp, but he manages to stop my reanimation with the grunts and after a long fought battle i loose.

Game 3:
    he keeps a hand low on lands and i manage a turn 2 sundering titan, which he stifles as he comes into play. he then goes and doesnt play another land, i beat with him and an imp. he goes again and plays a fetchland and passes the turn, i attack he brainstorms and activates his fetchland. I stifle it and he concedes. he had the swords off the braisntorm i guess.

ROUND 2: B/W/G Goyf Control. ( Mike Mcfarland )

Game 1:
    it went fast, he swords my imp on his second turn i send a couple of critters to the yard in response. my turn i brainstorm into reanimate and then bring it a SSS out. game.

Game 2:
    he doesnt have much graveyard hate and its a very good matchup for me, i decide to not not sideboard.
    i get an early dragon and then a sundering titan, he has a goyf and he castigates me second. my critters are bigger and i ride them to a win.

ROUND 3: U/G/B Grow ( ben meyer)

Game 1:
    I dont remember all the details, just that he got screwed by my creautures and i won not so difficult.

Game 2:
    I try the jittes and once again they dont disappoint, yet he manages to to get a double leyline out, and im short of beating his face in. show and tell also did wonders in this match, and Akroma came down a little too late.

Game 3:
    I disrupt his early game and once both of us have almost no hands i bring out a bringer of the blue dawn to tip everything in my favour. it was close at first but once he let me draw once it was over.

INTERMISSION ROUND:
    in between game here i went around and michael scherer that was playing Evoke foodchain challenged me to a game. y not i said and we shuffled up.

Game 1:
    a turn 3 foodchain cant deal with 2 dragons and oonas beats.

Game 2:
    second turn dragon killing his birds slows his food chain combo, he manages to bounce my dragon, then he plays the 7/7 dude that deals damage to flyers and players. i have at the moment he plays that an imp, and a tombstalker. i block once and he plays guile and takes me to 9. i beat then reanimate my dragin again for the last points of damage leaving me at 1.

{these were played without sideboards}

ROUND 4: Ichorid combo ( Petze dylan )
    I helped him tweak the deck before the tournament and i was really expecting to almost auto lose game 1...but.....

Game 1: he dredges early on into 3 of his bridges, i animate dead a creature and repeal the animate dead to my hand to remove them. he beats with 3 ichorids a turn and i only have 1 creature to block each time. he then dread returns a 9/9 troll and stalls the game. he runs out of creatures to remove to the ichorids and on the back of repeal and animate dead on dragons i kill him off.
    Game 2:
    he starts strong dredging into 2 bridges and an ichorid. i stifle ichorids coming into play ability then on my turn i reanimate his own ichorid to remove his bridges kill his land with a sundering titan and roll his back to a win.

ROUND 5: B/W CONTROl'ish ( Thomas "mini " Scherer)
    first of all let me give props to this kid for always placing high, recently he has piloted a number of decks to a very good performance he is like 12 i think and he is doing very good, with his unique decks.

Game 1:
    Unfortunately for him this is an almost Autowin for me game 1. i keep a slow hand with several cantrips and a reanimation spell. i get a turn 3 critter and he cant find an answer fast enough to more creatures after it.

Game 2:
    i know he brings in extirpates and such nonesense so i put in the jittes to throw him off. i never see them and just get a sundering titan turn 4 and just slow roll him to a win.

i end up in 1st undefeated.

when i sideboard i tend to take out whatever is not going to help me much. against aggro decks i take out the exhumes and brought in the jittes.

against control, i take out the intuitions and perhaps an animate dead for the show and tells.

if i need stuff against combo i side out 2 oonas 2 intuitions and the exhumes for the stifles and more bounce.

i dont like to dilute the deck. just make sure your strategy is solid any way you choose to go.
    Id like to milk that oreo... split it in half...and lick all that sweet sweet candy off. mmmmm... oreos....

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

i was once again fiddling with the deck and the sideboard yesterday at GE, i once again ended up taking 1st going undefeated, i did some very minor changes in the main, i put in one more oonas prowler and replaced the tidesprout tyrant with another sundering titan, just for simplicities sake, also i have found that if you find the tidesprout later than turn 4 he is very hard to get going efficiently. so i figured that instead of returning the lands to their hands id rather destroy them. and to keep the deck 61 i cut an intuition, just to see if TEAM HERO's suggestion worked efficiently.

As the sideboard goes i took out the 3 needles and since i added the 4th oonas prowler i decided to add 3 jittes to see if they worked. they did nicely.

Rod's Reanimator
    by Rodrigo Gonzalez
    61 cards.

Spells:
    4x Reanimate
    4x Exhume
    4x Careful Study
    2x Intuition
    3x Brainstorm
    2x Repeal

Enchantments
    4x Animate Dead

Creatures:
    4x Putrid Imp
    4x Oona's Prowler
    4x Bogardan Hellkite
    1x Simic Sky Swallower
    2x Sundering Titan
    1x Akroma, Angel of Wrath
    1x Phantom Nishoba
    1x Bringer of the Blue dawn
    1x Tombstalker

Lands:
    4x Bloodstained Mire
    4x Polluted Delta
    4x Underground Sea
    1x Watery Grave
    5x Swamp
    1x Island

Sideboard

3x umezawas jitte
    1x Repeal
    4x Echoing truth
    4x Stifle
    3x Show and tell

ROUND 1: Blue white fish ( Dean )

Game 1:
    he lets an imp in play, but he disrupts the first 3 reanimation spells i play, i finally get a fatty on board disrupt his game and he kills it, soon enough another comes out and he steals it with the control magic fearie, i kill his fearie with a hellkite getting back my creature and beat him to death.

Game 2:
    this game went long, he had a couple of Jotun grunts and a meddling mage, i manage to get him low on life with a jitte and an imp, but he manages to stop my reanimation with the grunts and after a long fought battle i loose.

Game 3:
    he keeps a hand low on lands and i manage a turn 2 sundering titan, which he stifles as he comes into play. he then goes and doesnt play another land, i beat with him and an imp. he goes again and plays a fetchland and passes the turn, i attack he brainstorms and activates his fetchland. I stifle it and he concedes. he had the swords off the braisntorm i guess.

ROUND 2: B/W/G Goyf Control. ( Mike Mcfarland )

Game 1:
    it went fast, he swords my imp on his second turn i send a couple of critters to the yard in response. my turn i brainstorm into reanimate and then bring it a SSS out. game.

Game 2:
    he doesnt have much graveyard hate and its a very good matchup for me, i decide to not not sideboard.
    i get an early dragon and then a sundering titan, he has a goyf and he castigates me second. my critters are bigger and i ride them to a win.

ROUND 3: U/G/B Grow ( ben meyer)

Game 1:
    I dont remember all the details, just that he got screwed by my creautures and i won not so difficult.

Game 2:
    I try the jittes and once again they dont disappoint, yet he manages to to get a double leyline out, and im short of beating his face in. show and tell also did wonders in this match, and Akroma came down a little too late.

Game 3:
    I disrupt his early game and once both of us have almost no hands i bring out a bringer of the blue dawn to tip everything in my favour. it was close at first but once he let me draw once it was over.

INTERMISSION ROUND:
    in between game here i went around and michael scherer that was playing Evoke foodchain challenged me to a game. y not i said and we shuffled up.

Game 1:
    a turn 3 foodchain cant deal with 2 dragons and oonas beats.

Game 2:
    second turn dragon killing his birds slows his food chain combo, he manages to bounce my dragon, then he plays the 7/7 dude that deals damage to flyers and players. i have at the moment he plays that an imp, and a tombstalker. i block once and he plays guile and takes me to 9. i beat then reanimate my dragin again for the last points of damage leaving me at 1.

{these were played without sideboards}

ROUND 4: Ichorid combo ( Petze dylan )
    I helped him tweak the deck before the tournament and i was really expecting to almost auto lose game 1...but.....

Game 1: he dredges early on into 3 of his bridges, i animate dead a creature and repeal the animate dead to my hand to remove them. he beats with 3 ichorids a turn and i only have 1 creature to block each time. he then dread returns a 9/9 troll and stalls the game. he runs out of creatures to remove to the ichorids and on the back of repeal and animate dead on dragons i kill him off.
    Game 2:
    he starts strong dredging into 2 bridges and an ichorid. i stifle ichorids coming into play ability then on my turn i reanimate his own ichorid to remove his bridges kill his land with a sundering titan and roll his back to a win.

ROUND 5: B/W CONTROl'ish ( Thomas "mini " Scherer)
    first of all let me give props to this kid for always placing high, recently he has piloted a number of decks to a very good performance he is like 12 i think and he is doing very good, with his unique decks.

Game 1:
    Unfortunately for him this is an almost Autowin for me game 1. i keep a slow hand with several cantrips and a reanimation spell. i get a turn 3 critter and he cant find an answer fast enough to more creatures after it.

Game 2:
    i know he brings in extirpates and such nonesense so i put in the jittes to throw him off. i never see them and just get a sundering titan turn 4 and just slow roll him to a win.

i end up in 1st undefeated.

when i sideboard i tend to take out whatever is not going to help me much. against aggro decks i take out the exhumes and brought in the jittes.

against control, i take out the intuitions and perhaps an animate dead for the show and tells.

if i need stuff against combo i side out 2 oonas 2 intuitions and the exhumes for the stifles and more bounce.

i dont like to dilute the deck. just make sure your strategy is solid any way you choose to go.

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

oonas prowler is a 3/1 flyer... how is he bad in multiples? really... in multiples he gets better.

i ave already explained blazing archon.. if my reasoning for not putting him in the deck is incoherent and not applicable to you then go ahead and run him.

with only 2 therapies the likelyhood that you will draw it soon enough to work as disruption are miniscule, but since you do have them in there i guess having the wurm is not a bad idea. if you take them out put the bringer. TWO! extra cards a turn are very very good. i heard this thing once... that card advantage wins games.... im not sure but i think its true... hahaha

you dont need 3 repels main, you need more discard outlets. trust me oonas work wonders as beaters and discard.

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

oh.. and in the case of chalice and leylines.

chalice 1 is annoying but since you have a full suite of cards in the 2 casting cost that fullfill the same thing as your 1 casting cost cards your never locked out of the game. chalice for 1 and two would definitely close you out of the game though. so just try to get a creature our before that happens.

thats also a reason to run the prowlers. its your two casting cost discard outlet, otherwise chalice 1 wrecks you worse.

playing against a leyline is annoying as hell, but odds are you wont play against one until after people sideboard. at this point if you fear leylines, side in echoing truths or chain vapors. boomerang sucks since you need 2 blue mana, which wont happen all the time in the second turn, and you really just want to get that leyline out the way ASAP.

Or you could side in Jittes like i did, but only if you have a full set of critters to complement it. otherwise it sucks.

and yet one more answer to it, and the most efficient of them all is the best SB card in this deck. SHOW AND TELL. it gets around leyline ( which people will mulligan aggresively for) and people wont expect it.

Feb 2007
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by rodgon666 View Post

Game 2:
    Explain this part, how do you remove his bridges by reanimating his ichorid? If anything, it would only give him more zombies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halted Asylum View Post
    Force of Will is terrible with Bob, i rather Mana Leak.

Are you the real Batman?
    Jun 2006
    San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by PhanTom_lt View Post
    Explain this part, how do you remove his bridges by reanimating his ichorid? If anything, it would only give him more zombies.
    Rod would animate the ichorid to get it on his side of the board so when it died the bridges would be removed. If I'm understanding correctly.
    This is my Signature

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

yes THE RACK got it right, the ichorid technically goes to my yard therefore the bridges get removed from the game.

Feb 2007
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by rodgon666 View Post
    yes THE RACK got it right, the ichorid technically goes to my yard therefore the bridges get removed from the game.
    No, it doesn't. A card not in play can't ever be not in it's owner's respective zone.

Although a judge would be needed to confirm this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halted Asylum View Post
    Force of Will is terrible with Bob, i rather Mana Leak.

Ask the Judge
    I have a Vedalken Shackles stealing an opponent's Putrid Imp. He has multiple copies of Bridge from Below in his graveyard, and I'm wondering: if I can get the Putrid Imp killed, will my opponent get token creatures, or will Bridge from Below cards be removed from the game?

A: Cards always go to the graveyard of their owner. You may have controlled this creature when it left play, but it went to your opponent's graveyard. So your opponent will end up with 2/2 Zombie token creatures, and the Bridges from Below will remain in his graveyard.
    Reanimating their Ichorid doesn't work.

EDIT: I meant it doesn't get rid of their Bridges.

Folks, I don't mean to be a sour-puss, but this deck was submitted after the cut-off, which probably makes it unlikely to be judged. Additionally, we're well past the judging period.

Just a thought.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Jun 2007
    Scrubington

I'm going to be honest. There is a reason this deck is bad. It rolls to removal, which is in almost every deck. Bounce kills this, as well as countermagic. You don't have any outs to Counterbalance (which IS in posession of very much clout and presence in Legacy at this time), which means that you can get you engine running (which every version of the deck you have posted has had a hard time doing) and still get raped viciously because your reanimation spells are all at one and two. Going any higher on the curve means that you are slowing the deck, and staying where you are means that you still get butthurt by one of the most prevalent decks in the metagame and almost every other compotenely built agro-control deck you run in to. It doesn't matter what you do, you require too muc setup and still roll to a Force of Will, considering you have absolutely no protection. Even if you ran 4x of every "combo" piece, AND Dark Ritual so that you went off on turn one with any measure of consistency, you roll to Force, Swords, almost all removal, Daze, so on and so forth. What to you do about a fucking Pacifism? Cry? Get some measure of protection, then you can try to defend this deck. I understand that you like it, I mean hell, even I've had my pet decks (AgroConComboTroll anyone??), but if it's bad, it's bad, hence why I Haven't touched A Golgari Grave Troll in almost a year.
    Team Battletoadz: Fuck the Meta-police?

If it's all in our heads, it's best that we don't loose them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    Mother of Runes is a woefully underplayed Tier 1 card.
    Quote Originally Posted by dude 666 View Post
    Power wouldn't lay in the hands of the few if the general population was more educated and actually voted. Why should the government care about you if you don't vote? (Partially why I hate the electoral college and 2-party system)

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

results of the deck speak alot louder than words dude. just cause your little pet deck didnt do good and you scrubed out doesnt mean you got to take out your frustrations on decks that do work and you wish they didnt.

people will always hate, so who cares what you think? if you have no constructive criticism to say just shut your trap and keep on playing your jenk.

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by lonelybaritone View Post
    Folks, I don't mean to be a sour-puss, but this deck was submitted after the cut-off, which probably makes it unlikely to be judged. Additionally, we're well past the judging period.

Just a thought.
    really? oh well. too bad. no worries, can i have this thread joined to the one in the established forums one.

mods please.

thanks

Jun 2007
    Scrubington

RTFP (read the fucking post). I'm not hating, I'm saying that the deck is fucking terrible for the large list of reasons I've already supplied, plus those that have been subjected to your circular logic already. Also, I don't believe your results. I really don't believe your deck has "put up the results". It's a slow, easily stopped creature based combo deck with no protection that rolls to itself a good portion of the time. NO PROTECTION. You can't even make up for that by going off turn one. You can't kill by turn 5. You eat it to a resolved Nimble Mongoose and a few pieces of removal. You eat it to a resolved threat and any decent removal. Tell me you don't, and how you don't, and maybe I'll agree that this is viable outside of seeing a little play on a elememtary school lunch table.
    Team Battletoadz: Fuck the Meta-police?

If it's all in our heads, it's best that we don't loose them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    Mother of Runes is a woefully underplayed Tier 1 card.
    Quote Originally Posted by dude 666 View Post
    Power wouldn't lay in the hands of the few if the general population was more educated and actually voted. Why should the government care about you if you don't vote? (Partially why I hate the electoral college and 2-party system)

Feb 2007
    San Diego

The deck thrives on those kind of decks however, as it is able to (through redundancy) overwhelm those opponents who are trying to find answers to your critters, and eventually win the damage race... I have had to play against his reanimator in all of its' incarnations for years.

I am a control player, I have played against him with every deck I have ever played (aside from my dreadnought, he has played against threshold in all of its' varients, landstill in all of its' varients, a bad UR MUC, and a very old scepter chant deck).

His blue varient is very resilient, it thrives in a control meta... just play it IRL, instead of on MWS (where anything can seem godly or terrible).

Quote Originally Posted by raharu View Post
    RTFP (read the fucking post). I'm not hating, I'm saying that the deck is fucking terrible for the large list of reasons I've already supplied, plus those that have been subjected to your circular logic already.
    Let me tell you man, this deck may not place top4 every tourney, but i can guarantee that its a shit-ton more fun than any counterbalance-goyf deck your seeing at the tourneys %90 of the time

May 2007
    R.I.T

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggl3s View Post
    Let me tell you man, this deck may not place top4 every tourney, but i can guarantee that its a shit-ton more fun than any counterbalance-goyf deck your seeing at the tourneys %90 of the time
    There's a reason you see your Counterbalance Goyf decks. Because they're proven to be very competitive. Saying the deck is more fun than a competitive one is not a solid argument at all. Keep in mind that viability, not the fun level, is one of the two categories that the deck is judged in.
    Team Chimera: Something is Amiss...

Thread Information