Page 4 of 180 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Reanimator

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

Re: Rods Reanimator!

Quote Originally Posted by raharu View Post
    RTFP (read the fucking post). I'm not hating, I'm saying that the deck is fucking terrible for the large list of reasons I've already supplied, plus those that have been subjected to your circular logic already. Also, I don't believe your results. I really don't believe your deck has "put up the results". It's a slow, easily stopped creature based combo deck with no protection that rolls to itself a good portion of the time. NO PROTECTION. You can't even make up for that by going off turn one. You can't kill by turn 5. You eat it to a resolved Nimble Mongoose and a few pieces of removal. You eat it to a resolved threat and any decent removal. Tell me you don't, and how you don't, and maybe I'll agree that this is viable outside of seeing a little play on a elememtary school lunch table.
    made up results? hahahaha. dont need to do that buddy, ( are we acusing people of things youve done before? tsk tsk tsk...)

if you want proof of a "Historical Top 8" as people here label it. take a look at this thread funny man.

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7785

read through and oh! realize your full of shit.
    Id like to milk that oreo... split it in half...and lick all that sweet sweet candy off. mmmmm... oreos....

Jun 2007
    Scrubington

Quote Originally Posted by thefreakaccident View Post
    The deck thrives on those kind of decks however, as it is able to (through redundancy) overwhelm those opponents who are trying to find answers to your critters, and eventually win the damage race... I have had to play against his reanimator in all of its' incarnations for years.

I am a control player, I have played against him with every deck I have ever played (aside from my dreadnought, he has played against threshold in all of its' varients, landstill in all of its' varients, a bad UR MUC, and a very old scepter chant deck).

His blue varient is very resilient, it thrives in a control meta... just play it IRL, instead of on MWS (where anything can seem godly or terrible).
    Tell me how a resolved CB isn't going to decimate his deck. A hardcasted Akorma? I'm still doubious of this "redundancy" argument. 8 reanimate effects isn't going to overwhelm much, definately not 4 StP, 4 FoW, 4 Daze, and 3 CB, with cantriping to provide a method of gaining access to it in a quick and timely manner (not to mention actual redundancy).
    Team Battletoadz: Fuck the Meta-police?

If it's all in our heads, it's best that we don't loose them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    Mother of Runes is a woefully underplayed Tier 1 card.
    Quote Originally Posted by dude 666 View Post
    Power wouldn't lay in the hands of the few if the general population was more educated and actually voted. Why should the government care about you if you don't vote? (Partially why I hate the electoral college and 2-party system)

Jun 2007
    Scrubington

Quote Originally Posted by rodgon666 View Post
    made up results? hahahaha. dont need to do that buddy, ( are we acusing people of things youve done before? tsk tsk tsk...)

if you want proof of a "Historical Top 8" as people here label it. take a look at this thread funny man.

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7785

read through and oh! realize your full of shit.
    Notice that you still have yet to prove that the deck is viable through anything begining to resemble actual logic (logical falicies and circular logic aside). I honestly doubt that there's much to your deck doing well. Rouge decks can do well any day of the week, and bite it just as often.

EDIT: Yes,I make up results in my non-existent tournament reports that I don't post ever. All the time, you know. At least once a day.

Power wouldn't lay in the hands of the few if the general population was more educated and actually voted. Why should the government care about you if you don't vote? (Partially why I hate the electoral college and 2-party system)

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Calm down in here, or else my finger and mouse are going tag team with warnings.

Threads merged on request.

Aug 2006
    Capital Of Culture 2010

"8 reanimate effects isn't going to overwhelm much..."
    That's why this deck plays 12.

Q

REANIMATOR SUPREME
    Mar 2005
    San Diego

8?

have you even read the decklist? it has 12 reanimation spells. inform yourself before arguing.

thing is a resolved counterbalance is not the end of the world. most decks in legacy have problems with a resolved counterbalance, thus its the most used control engine in legacy right now.
    it really isnt all that effective till you have the top out, and you can easily cast creatures before that shit hits play.

you have as many cantrips as them and they are slowing themselves down as well as reducing their hands while defensively countering. if one creature of mine resolves it normally stalls them enough for me to find another one. then another form of disruption and then another. you cant counter everything.

get a counterbalance against thresh and its game over too right? and fish? and TES, and belcher... and countless other decks, and they do fine. Oh but since you have something weird against this deck it just cant get over it like the others i guess...

Oh and if they have counterbalance, swords force of will daze in mulitiples in hand good for them, i guess a players true colors will come out and youll see if your a good player and can deal with that or not, im guessing your one that cant.

ill just go ahead and disregard your dumb and unproductive comments and ask anyone who reads this to just ignore your stupid arguments since it seems like you havent even taken the time to look up the decklist and test it.
    Id like to milk that oreo... split it in half...and lick all that sweet sweet candy off. mmmmm... oreos....

Jun 2007
    Scrubington

Re: [Deck] B/U Reanimator

You have 7 Cantrip effects (+ Intution is ten, but in my mind, Intuition = search). Most threshold decks have 10 including SDT, which is a recuring cantrip. I forgot Exhume. Sorry, my bad. Animate Dead and Reanimate can't target your best finisher (Akorma). Careful Study is card disadvantage.

WHAT DISRUPTION???

The question isn't "is your deck hurt by CB?", the question is "can you deal with it in a timely manner before they kill you?", and the answer is no. Don't tell me 2x Repeal is going to be enough. It's not. Maybe some Rushing Rivers in that slot? I would think that you need more than 2 though. Honestly, this needs a control shell. Something like this, perhaps?

Cantrip/ Tutor/ Draw: 12
    Sensei's Divining Top x2
    Brainstorm x4
    Intuiton x3
    Predict x3

Board Control: 5
    Rushing River x3
    Wipe Away x2

Disruption: 8
    Cabal Therapy x4
    Force of Will x4

Control (permanent): 3
    Back to Basics x3 (this could easilly be something else)

Reanimation core: 14
    You do this one, I'm not even going to touch it.

lands: 18
    Polluted Delta x4
    Swamp x6
    Island x8

The Therapies look questionable, but it's a starting point. With 3 Predict, 3 Intuition, Top and Brainstorm, you shouldn't have a incredibly difficult time getting things in the hand/ yard. The rest is just about self-explanatory.

Go ahead and circular logic yourself around this one :) It's a rough list (I took about 10 minutes on it), but it has potential.

Loves the anus
    Dec 2007
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil

Animate Dead and Reanimate can't target your best finisher (Akorma).
    How come Reanimate can't target Akroma?

EDIT: New Animate Dead rulings -- my bad.
    Keep moon-walking.

I thought only animate dead won't work with Akroma, Angel of Wrath?
    From what I know *she* can be "reanimate"d.

Human Hunter
    Sep 2006
    California

Swords to Plowshares doesn't help much against the Reanimator deck. I also thought that STPs were the answer against this deck; I was wrong. When an Exhume targets a Hellkite and you STP that Hellkite, it becomes a 10 point swing. On top, you still have to deal with 1/1 (*2/2) and 3/1 flyers coming your way. It all adds up in the end. That's my answer to STP. It's very vague, I know... but its been tested.

For the counterspells: there are not enough counterspells to deal with 12 reanimation spells backed up with some sub-par card advantage. The counterspells also tend to look ugly in your hand when your facing a 5/5+ creature on the board that managed to sly its way through your grasp. If anything, personally, I wouldn't even BOTHER countering the reanimation spells unless I really had to. I'm more worried about the spells that help this deck chuck its threats into the graveyard. Sure, it sounds stupid to counter a 1/1 Imp vs. the Exhume... but in the end it pays off... and that's IF you want to go the counterspell route.

For the Counterbalance: Divine Top needs to be present in order for it to be amazing. On top of that, there are only four copies of Counterbalance vs. twelve reanimation spells. Lets do the math.

12 reanimation spells x 10 monsters = 120 possible combinations
    4 Tops x 4 Counterbalance = 16 possible combinations

I'm not saying that this deck doesn't lose to CounterTop-Goyf-Counter; what I am saying is that this deck is more powerful than what people make it out to be sometimes.

I used to be one of those people. Thinking that a splash of graveyard hate with a pinch of counters and removal would do the trick. My best solution for this deck has been bounce with four Layline of the Voids added in.
    You know that nightmare where your running but you just can't get away...

Mar 2007
    RI

Cabal Therapy x4

The Therapies look questionable...
    Questionable? I think the word is awful. You have no creatures to sac except for ones you've reanimated.

I don't know if that shell is the best direction, but if going for 1cc discard in such a shell, Thoughtseize, please.

Jun 2007
    Scrubington

Therapies are intended to go both ways, meaning they get threats in the yard (actually this is thier purpose most of the time), and can also hit bounce targets/ whatever in thier hand.

Quote Originally Posted by from Cairo View Post
    Questionable? I think the word is awful. You have no creatures to sac except for ones you've reanimated.

I don't know if that shell is the best direction, but if going for 1cc discard in such a shell, Thoughtseize, please.
    You have 1/1 flyers, and 3/1 flyers, also it's a good response to some swords

Feb 2006
    Boston

I don't think you'll be responding to ANYTHING with Cabal Therapy. And I'm gonna agree with from Cairo here: if you're only running large men, Cabal Therapy pales in comparison to Thoughtseize.

Loves the anus
    Dec 2007
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil

What's the plan against burn decks? It seems like burn eats this deck's face to death unless you get a turn 2 Phantom Nishoba on the board and you are on the play.
    Keep moon-walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiminho View Post
    What's the plan against burn decks? It seems like burn eats this deck's face to death unless you get a turn 2 Phantom Nishoba on the board and you are on the play.
    I have yet to figure this out...

Jun 2007
    Scrubington

-4 Cabal Therapy, +4 Oona's Prowler. Better? In the burn match, I would side out however many Reanimates you can for the Show and tells in the board, and possibly run something in the vein of Exhalted Angel (something large with lifelink) in the sideboard.

Solid burn decks will get a turn 3-4 win.

Solutions? Is there any way for this deck to handle the onslaught of burn spells?

Well, there is this one creature, which will patch the situation, and delay the game

Ghosts of the Innocent
    If a source would deal damage to a creature or player, it deals half that damage, rounded down, to that creature or player instead.

Thats the only thing I've found that may actually almost pose something
    Last edited by Mr Wiggl3s; 02-18-2008 at 09:19 PM.

Human Hunter
    Sep 2006
    California

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiminho View Post
    Burn is one of the hardest matchups for this deck. I run Imp's Mischief until I can out damage them or get the Phantom Nishoba out. Playing against burn is not in the favor for this deck.
    You know that nightmare where your running but you just can't get away...

Thread Information