Page 51 of 180 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3594

Thread: [Deck] Reanimator

Sep 2009
    Rimini, Italy

Re: [Deck] B/U Reanimator

Quote Originally Posted by Chronox View Post
    also, i want to hear the experience of the player of the no buried alive decklist, because i can't understand how can you run with only 4 entombs as only mechanism to put fatties on the graveyard, and how do you deal with extirpate, cranial extraction, and such.
    First and fast answer: Show and tell.
    Cranial is not played in the format. Extirpate kills buried alive creatures too.

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Savo View Post
    Extirpate kills buried alive creatures too.
    Only if you decide to get three of the same creature.
    InfoNinjas

I meant what if they extirpate/cranial extract/etc your entomb. also, i suppose you guys run with 4 or 5 creatures and 1 main show and tell. i dont know how that can deal with the problem. obviously if only 4 send to graveyard cards are enough, then it wont be a problem, but are you sure 4 is enough?

Team Nijmegen Failtrain Captain
    Nov 2009
    Nijmegen, Netherlands

Yes it is,

I play 11 draw/search effects to find an entomb ( 3 mystical, 4 brainstorm, 3 ponder, 1 careful study)
    you play a few creatures, because you will certainly go off with entomb into something.

How to beat leyline, easy. Bounce or destroy ( nature's claim,chain of vapors,krosan grip, echoing truth), or show and tell
    If you play against a deck that has extirpates, get thoughtseizes ready or a show and tell. ( if you are in an area with lots of extirpates, you''ll board in the 1-2 creatures you have and go for a 4-off show and tell action)

Or you can trick them into exhume, entomb, random creature in gy.

extirpate is the hardest to fight hate card around, it needs some adaption and learning by failure to know how to deal with this perfectly. ( you'll have to try and read his options)

Another gp trial lost... two times down with faeries; anyone can give any council about How to play agains faeries?
    Maybe my error is that I have only one removal in the deck ( in the sideboard )... and in a war of counters a 1/1 creature can kill you.

Itīs working fine snuff out?

(V) (;,,;) (V)
    Jul 2008
    Minneapolis, MN

Is the Problem with Fae that you're not reanimating anything or that you're trying to get Iona? Archangel is much better vs them. And you can normally force them to block before they can deal enough damage to kill (which you care about?) her.

Jul 2009
    Durham, NC, USA

Quote Originally Posted by damionblackgear View Post
    Archangel is much better vs them.
    Not ever having actually played the match, I'd have to say that sounds pretty correct. I'd also expect that Inkwell Leviathan would be pretty decent for taking some of the value out of Bitterblossom tokens.

So, this is gonna sound a little crazy, but I have cut to 2 force of will.

I know blasphemy. But, my meta is heavily tempo oriented. I need 2-3 disruptors to win the game. Force just eats too many cards to make that effective. Instead, my 4x thoughtseize, 4x daze, 4x stifle 2x FOW tend to to a better job in defending my reanimation. Post board, I always bring in 1 show and tell, though I have very rarely seen leyline's boarded. More commonly: faerie macabre, T: crypt, relic of progenitus, and the odd extirpate/ravenous trap. 2 Mystical tutor 2 intuition 3 dark ritual has been working well. I may consider cutting dark ritual for 2x force to to try to fit it in.

2x Force seems to bizarre. Beyond my normal comprehension. I played a 3x of once and hated it. I will continue testing, and will post next time i win duals/power with this deck.

So far, I have been scared to play it for fear of wasting an entry fee on an under-tested deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
    Another gp trial lost... two times down with faeries; anyone can give any council about How to play agains faeries?
    Maybe my error is that I have only one removal in the deck ( in the sideboard )... and in a war of counters a 1/1 creature can kill you.

Itīs working fine snuff out?
    Splash Red for Burning Wish, besides it being the 2nd best tutor in the deck (behind Entomb), grabbing Sickening Dreams wipes their board while positioning your threat. It's way better than Mystical Tutor, in my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by wastedlife View Post
    Breathweapon, I regret saying this but ... I've been liking you more and more every day.

burning wish is not a good option if you consider that you cant play with more than 4 copies of each card in the main+side. so you cant bring exhume, reanimate, entomb without removing one from the main. also if you just want to bring sickening (assuming you run with a high enough creature count) is better to put it directly in the main.

also, splashing red in addition to the green splash most of the people do for the sake of being able to use krosan grip is too much IMHO.

Jul 2009
    Durham, NC, USA

also, splashing red in addition to the green splash most of the people do for the sake of being able to use krosan grip is too much IMHO.
    I agree. Green gives us better hate-removal options, and the vast majority of lists already use Mystical Tutor to dig up the sorcery -- or instant, should it prove necessary -- we need for whatever situation. I'd rather use as many slots as possible for Mystical Tutor and Brainstorm, and not have to worry about making room for Burning Wish at all.

Nov 2009
    Nijmegen, Netherlands

I'll be trying this weekend out with a new SB plan

Nature's claim, I will wonder if it will prove to be a treat or if it's a good thing.

You want 4 force, if your opponent is playing with fearie macabre's you will have to enter the long game and trick him. ( or simply use show and tell, It's in there for some reason)

burning wish is not a good option if you consider that you cant play with more than 4 copies of each card in the main+side. so you cant bring exhume, reanimate, entomb without removing one from the main. also if you just want to bring sickening (assuming you run with a high enough creature count) is better to put it directly in the main.

Removing 1 Exhume, when you have 3 Exhume and 4 Reanimate left, isn't that significant and Entomb is an instant Also, you're not considering Burning Wish, the card tutors for disruption, removal, Buried Alive, Show and Tell, Last Rites, Sickening Dreams etc. making it the most flexible and dynamic tutor in the deck. Just brute force Burning Wish -> Show and Tell completely side steps otherwise devastating hate like those damn Faeries.

The deck really doesn't have issues with 5c IMO, the new fetches, City of Brass, SBing lands pretty much deals with it nicely.
    Breathweapon, I regret saying this but ... I've been liking you more and more every day.

Nov 2009
    Nijmegen, Netherlands

city of brass.....

that's about the worst land you could choose.

Quote Originally Posted by practical joke View Post
    city of brass.....

that's about the worst land you could choose.
    Don't run Thought Seize and over rely on Reanimate, but whatever, if you don't want to run Burning Wish then don't run it - your loss.

Nov 2009
    Nijmegen, Netherlands

It seems horribly slow, since it's no instant, costs 2, offcolour even. ( I think badlands would be an easier splash than using non-fetchable lands like city, it's not pitchable to FoW)
    I would like to see a complete decklist before I make a definate statement.

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

Quote Originally Posted by BreathWeapon View Post
    Don't run Thought Seize and over rely on Reanimate, but whatever, if you don't want to run Burning Wish then don't run it - your loss.
    If you could post a decklist that'd be helpful. I actually like the idea of playing Red. Firespout is great.

entomb is an instant oops, my mistake. but even if that's the case, i still consider burning wish inefficient in this deck. as it's a sorcery with 2cc, i don't think is better than mystical. also, most of the time you won't have enough mana to play it correctly.

Jul 2009
    Durham, NC, USA

as it's a sorcery with 2cc, i don't think is better than mystical. also, most of the time you won't have enough mana to play it correctly.
    I concur. I'd almost always rather cast Mystical Tutor at the end of their turn and then just go about my business during mine than deal with having to splash red and keep some reanimation spells in the sideboard.

With red you can also use gamble. I'm not sure if that was mentioned.

Thread Information