View Poll Results: What is the worst card in Magic?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apocalypse Chime

20 30.77%
  • Camel

5 7.69%
  • Celestial Prism

2 3.08%
  • Leviathan

2 3.08%
  • Mudhole

5 7.69%
  • One with Nothing

8 12.31%
  • Sorrow's Path

27 41.54%
  • Squire

4 6.15%
  • Tobias Andrion

2 3.08%
  • Other (please specify in post)

18 27.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What is the worst card in Magic: The Gathering?

Do I look like a guy with a plan?
    Apr 2007
    East Syracuse, NY

Re: What is the worst card in Magic: The Gathering?

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalSquirrel View Post
    But what does only 3 creatures having plainswalk have to do with Great Wall by itself in a vacuum? Great Wall isn't a bad card, it's just a victim of its surroundings.

If Wizards printed 100 plainswalkers in the next set, then would Great Wall still be a bad card? In my opinion, it wouldn't be (Although obviously not great).
    If wizards printed 100 plainswalkers in the next set then yes, Great Wall would move off of the #1 worst spot in my boook. Until then its absolute shit, I have never played with it and I have been playing since beta's release. I would never even consider it's use in any deck, even if my opponent had all plainswalkers in there deck...it's just that bad!
    Team Fat Man & Little Boy

Quote Originally Posted by pingveno View Post
    On to stone rain, Clark Kant; is a 'timewalk' as good as a threat?

But what does only 3 creatures having plainswalk have to do with Great Wall by itself in a vacuum? Great Wall isn't a bad card, it's just a victim of its surroundings.

If Wizards printed 100 plainswalkers in the next set, then would Great Wall still be a bad card? In my opinion, it wouldn't be (Although obviously not great).
    No card exists in a vacuum.

With your reasoning, there's no bad card at all. It's not Pale Moon fault that there isn't any other cards to make it awesome. If Wizard printed cards with only colored mana symbols on it and tons of duals to support them, then Pale Moon would effectively be turned into a Time Walk.

Prioritizing WTF over tournament record since 1994
    Jan 2008
    Wellesley, MA

Or if landwalk at all became prevalent, like with Filth... Then you can always combine Great Wall with Magical Hack... In those days, I think we were still playing with 40-card decks... Stupid Bog Wraiths/Moor Fiends/Zombie Masters/Phantasmal Terrain sneaking past Wall of Swords...

But yeah, still horrible. It's still a 3/3 with Opalescence! And it gets around Counterbalance! Bleah.

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Tobias Andrion and Leviathan should be automatically disqualified from this list as anything that pitches to Force of Will can't be the worst card in magic.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Feb 2007
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    Tobias Andrion and Leviathan should be automatically disqualified from this list as anything that pitches to Force of Will can't be the worst card in magic.

Tarmogoyf should automatically go on this list as it can't be pitched to Force of Will, therefore, it might be the worst card out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halted Asylum View Post
    Force of Will is terrible with Bob, i rather Mana Leak.

May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Quote Originally Posted by PhanTom_lt View Post
    Tarmogoyf should automatically go on this list as it can't be pitched to Force of Will, therefore, it might be the worst card out there.
    I was actually being quite serious. Tobias Andrion pitches to Force of Will and is actually a 4/4 kill condition. He's not -good- by any means, but he could have a practical use in a game of magic, either in Legacy or in a subpar cube draft, which is better than most of the cards on the list.

Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

...at that moment I was a marine biologist.
    Nov 2003
    Albany

Great Wall with an Opalescence in play is a wincon. These type of arguments of very situational circumstances(blue cards pitching to force, lands producing mana with portal in yard) are dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro View Post
    Great Wall with an Opalescence in play is a wincon. These type of arguments of very situational circumstances(blue cards pitching to force, lands producing mana with portal in yard) are dumb.
    I agree with taco on this one. Tobias is always a wincon - no "situationally" here. And although clearly not good, it's impact on the game is orders of magnitude more important than Shit Wall.

Plus, "situational" is NOT dumb. When you're discussing the worst card in Magic's history, that's all you're going to get. This is actually more evidence that Tobias doesn't belong here, as he has some actual gameplay value no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Media314r8 View Post

EDIT 2: After writing all this crap about banding, I instead nominate whatever creature first introduced the banding mechanic. or posibly this or this or this this mechanic is just demoralizing.
    But look for the flavor text of Baton of Morale! Goblins would kill for it! And You wanna dismiss it?
    Look, it could be useful:

1st turn: Lackey
    2nd turn: Lackey into SGC, Piledriver
    3rd turn: Mox, Baton of Morale
    him: I "concede"
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeggi View Post
    Lol. You're my hero .
    Was this even a real Skeggi's hero?

May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

They aren't dumb when you're trying to ascertain the worst card in the entire game. Any distant situational use has to be taken into consideration.

...at that moment I was a marine biologist.
    Nov 2003
    Albany

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    They aren't dumb when you're trying to ascertain the worst card in the entire game. Any distant situational use has to be taken into consideration.
    With this logic you'll never achieve to find a "worst" card in magic. Every card is good in situations when you can get a 5-10 card combo going uninterrupted to win the game. These discussions are fucking pointless.

With this logic you'll never achieve to find a "worst" card in magic. Every card is good in situations when you can get a 5-10 card combo going uninterrupted to win the game. These discussions are fucking pointless.
    And yet, some will end up even more situational than others. With even less of an impact. That's what will determine the worst.

Who even thought there would actually be a point discussing the worst card in the first place, as it's by definition unplayable ? If you're not having fun doing it, just don't :) What's actually pointless is getting heated up over this :)

Member-ish
    Feb 2006
    Manila

Quote Originally Posted by sasa_batora View Post
    1st turn: Lackey
    2nd turn: Lackey into SGC, Piledriver
    him: I "concede"
    Fixed.
    The Source: Your Source for "The Source: Your Source for..." cliche.

How in the world did this thread get to the fourth page?
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

It's ok. Now it's on the locked page.

Thread Information