Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Thread: Shadowmoor Info

Nov 2006
    Hungary

Re: Shadowmoor Info

I don't think Landstill or Enchantress or whatever will much care if the other player can block with their Tarmogoyfs. They'll draw an hillion cards and win in the air, or however the hell they want. Grip is a problem, but people still play Moat and Humility and Counterbalance and Shackles and all the rest.

I mean, sure, you're not going to play the card in White Weenie or Threshold, but it's a good fit for control decks of various sorts.
    SummenSaugen: well, I use Chaos Orb, Animate Artifact, and Dance of Many to make the table we're playing on my chaos orb token
    SummenSaugen: then I flip it over and crush my opponent

100%

Nov 2007
    Berkeley, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Illissius View Post
    I don't think Landstill or Enchantress or whatever will much care if the other player can block with their Tarmogoyfs. They'll draw an hillion cards and win in the air, or however the hell they want. Grip is a problem, but people still play Moat and Humility and Counterbalance and Shackles and all the rest.

I mean, sure, you're not going to play the card in White Weenie (which is only partially because you're not going to play White Weenie) or Threshold, but it's a good fit for control decks of various sorts.
    Yeah, I will probably test this in the UW landstill sideboard. I guess it's not bad. The question will ultimately be if this can beat out Meddling Mage. Both cards do similar things, but this is more reactive - you can lay it down after they play Goyf, and Mage is very proactive - and more vulnerable, but it does hit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mental View Post
    It's much easier to answer than swords, it doesn't do much against Goblins, and it does a little against Combo. Better? Also, it doesn't even stop Goyf, if that's what you're going to name. Goyf can just be a wall until they draw KGrip or kill you with Geese.
    Against Goblins it can neutralize Piledriver, and Lackey and make Seige-Gang Commander less dangerous. It can't protect against bridge or goblin tokens, but can hinder Tendrils, Brain Freeze, and Belcher.

100%

Nov 2007
    Berkeley, CA

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Against Goblins it can neutralize Piledriver, and Lackey and make Seige-Gang Commander less dangerous. It can't protect against bridge or goblin tokens, but can hinder Tendrils, Brain Freeze, and Belcher.
    Protecting against one of those 3 against Goblins isn't going to help much. A little, yeah.

These days Tendrils runs at least 4 outs to a card like Halo, and one has Split Second. I wouldn't count on it sticking.

Feb 2006
    Boston

I hate to be that guy, but does anyone have a good link for the Shadowmoor MWS patch?

Jul 2006
    Belluno, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Jaynel View Post
    I hate to be that guy, but does anyone have a good link for the Shadowmoor MWS patch?
    Here you go.

It is a little tricky though: the people on Salvation say that you have to download an other Theme (dead simple and described in that thread) in order for the cards to be recognized by MWS (it otherwise bugs on you and doesn't recognize the deck). However, I have just re-set my theme to the default one and it still works which is somewhat random. Another problem is that the opponent won't see the new Hybrid mana symbols (they aren't implemented into the regular MWS) and instead sees the keys for it (e.g.: D instead of {U/W}) which can create some nasty situations. I'd recommend to keep a makro (just click on the box with the [...] while in a game) with a link to the Spoiler ready to fix the people that don't know the new cards up.
    Team SPOD - ...land of the brave...

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

I'll probably keep plugging this until the day I die, but GoblinHero has just released his Shadowmoor MasterBase and theme. Get those and it will work OK, hybrid symbols and all.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Apr 2006
    Worcester/Boston, MA

This is probably a terrible idea, but could Painter's Servant have a place as a 1-of in a Tog shell? If you name blue, any card pitches to Force, and Nightscape Familiar (let's assume that this is Burning Tog) turns into a one-sided Helm of Awakening. The wishboard could include cards like Wash Out, which is a 4cc Upheaval with Servant out.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Heh, that's almost a combo right there.

Turn to Mist some random thing (who cares what it is). Make everything blue with servant, then Wash out Blue. Back it up with Force. Really janky, but if someone comes along that actually can use that stuff, it might be worth looking into again.

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Also I don't think I saw anyone mention this combo:

Survival of the fittest + Demigod of revenge.

Essentially once survival is out, chain tutor for demigods ending up with 3 in your yard and one in your hand. Then you play the one in your hand for 20 flying hasted power.

Essentially this will be very similar to a full english breakfast or welder survival kill, but theoretically the cards are all better on their own. After all demigod is a 5/4 flying haste for 5 mana, and it gets stronger the more you cast (assuming the first ones are no longer in play).

So I'm thinking maybe some sort of agro survival with a combo kill? Or maybe jsut have some sort of r/g/b control shell with a combo kill or jsut 5/4 flier for the kill.

I think this combo might actually be good since all the cards in it are very good on their own. The only problem I see is that survival is so green instensive and demigod so red/black intensive. You'd have to run a mana base of mostly bayous and taigs. Probably birds of paradise too.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
    Also I don't think I saw anyone mention this combo:

Survival of the fittest + Demigod of revenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Voyeur View Post
    I was thinking more of a Survival thing. Demigod of Revenge > Demigod of Revenge > Demigod of Revenge > Demigod of Revenge with a way to get the mana. Seething Survival?
    I posted it back on page two.

Seething Song could make it work, but I know very little about Survival.

Thread Information