Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadowmoor Info

Fart Confidant
    Feb 2008

Re: Shadowmoor Info

all artworks is amazing!!!

the octopus one remembers Cloudtresher yet?

This is just some speculation but;

Transfigure will be in this set/eventide.

#8 will have an upkeep trigger, be it damage or a cost.

#20 will be a big sorcery.

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

If only Transfigure was playable at instant speed... as it is, they'll need to put it on very good bodies to make the mechanic any good.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Prioritizing WTF over tournament record since 1994
    Jan 2008
    Wellesley, MA

Okay... I'm really oddly interested in that... scarecrow-like construct being led by the purple doll on a stick. Now I know how it feels to be a Vizzerdrix collector.

Do I look like a guy with a plan?
    Apr 2007
    East Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Dilettante View Post
    Okay... I'm really oddly interested in that... scarecrow-like construct being led by the purple doll on a stick. Now I know how it feels to be a Vizzerdrix collector.
    There are 3 of the "Scarecrow" looking things in those pics. I wonder what roll they will play in the game/storyline?

Here are some interesting things pointed out by a member of MTG Salvation:
    That pics 8, 21, 24, and 26 look like they may come from:

8: a dragon... from spinerock knoll?
    21: a giant with rocky fists and trees on the back. Maybe mosswort bridge?
    24: a huge horror-like creature... howltooth hollow?
    26: a giant land nautilus! shelldock island?
    Team Fat Man & Little Boy

Quote Originally Posted by pingveno View Post
    On to stone rain, Clark Kant; is a 'timewalk' as good as a threat?

the art is amazing!

I like it how the kithkin/merfolk/giants all look corrupted etc but the art with all the elves look like they are all innocent/trying to escape the corruption

I dont usually follow any stories but I might just read this block

Also loved what looks like a goblin inside some kind of fish disguise?

Banned

Oct 2006
    NoVA

At least this doesnt appear to be the plane Tarmogoyf is from, God knows the metagoyf doesnt need another of him

Do I look like a guy with a plan?
    Apr 2007
    East Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinious View Post
    At least this doesnt appear to be the plane Tarmogoyf is from, God knows the metagoyf doesnt need another of him
    Well it took 27 posts but Tarmogoyf has finally showed up in this thread too...he's everywhere...
    Team Fat Man & Little Boy

Quote Originally Posted by pingveno View Post
    On to stone rain, Clark Kant; is a 'timewalk' as good as a threat?

This is some of the freakiest artwork I have seen in a long time. Hope the cards are as good as the artwork.
    The return of a Legend(in his own words)

Mar 2007
    RI

Quote Originally Posted by Sacearuse View Post
    ^^ is badass looking hopefully the abilities on these cards are as hawt as the art, if so this could be the best expansion in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by from Cairo View Post
    ^^ is badass looking hopefully the abilities on these cards are as hawt as the art, if so this could be the best expansion in a long time.
    I'm guessing it will be a 1/2 with at least two abilities, one of which taps as a cost.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Amazing art is amazing!

This one

and the cloud thing of Sacearuse are my favorites.

The downside? The set is going to suck. Seriously, how many epic artworks has Wizards ruined so far by tacking them onto awful cards? How many good cards are an eyesore due to fugly, old man and Tarmogoyf?

And the failure that is Transfigure is going to be mechanic in Shadowmoor? God help us!

If Transfigure comes on a creature with a CC of one, then you could use it as a Dreadnought tutor, which would be cool.

Much as I wish Transfigure could be played at instant speed, we all know how broken it would be if that were the case.

Good call on Transfigure, by the way. Seems like a likely candidate.

There are 3 of the "Scarecrow" looking things in those pics. I wonder what roll they will play in the game/storyline?
    They could be "dark" treefolk. I thought at first they might be elementals, but there seem to be an awful lot of them, and they all have the same basic structure and such. Elementals tended to be pretty unique in Lorwyn.

Here's hoping there's some good faeries or treefolk. Also, the new merrow look BAD ASS.

EDIT: Especially this one:

The seventh pic down on the third post looks like slimer, from ghostbusters, on steroids.

Jun 2007
    Scrubington

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Amazing art is amazing!

This one

and the cloud thing of Sacearuse are my favorites.

The downside? The set is going to suck. Seriously, how many epic artworks has Wizards ruined so far by tacking them onto awful cards? How many good cards are an eyesore due to fugly, old man and Tarmogoyf?
    This is the shit. I believe, with all my heart, that this is going to be the new bw Tarmogoyf. This in the beastie that will put every deck I have in the works over the top [/unrealistic hopes and dreams...]

But seriously, I'm going to play fucking pack draft like a mo-fo until this rotates out. You don't even have a vague inkling :] It's game time. This is the first set I am genuinely fucking stoaked for. That, and I'm in Texas and It's snowing!!!!

EDIT: now to say something relevant, outside of !!!!111one!!!!!. Is it just me, or does 90% of the artwork that we have seen for new cards look black, or at least partly black? If the entire set looks like this, I think we may have a 60-70 percent black set... I'll be happy if this entierly unrealistic conclusion is true.
    Team Battletoadz: Fuck the Meta-police?

If it's all in our heads, it's best that we don't loose them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    Mother of Runes is a woefully underplayed Tier 1 card.
    Quote Originally Posted by dude 666 View Post
    Power wouldn't lay in the hands of the few if the general population was more educated and actually voted. Why should the government care about you if you don't vote? (Partially why I hate the electoral college and 2-party system)

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Goaswerfraiejen View Post
    If Transfigure comes on a creature with a CC of one, then you could use it as a Dreadnought tutor, which would be cool.
    Except that Transfigure, like Transmute, always costs 3. So it's awful. The best thing I could see is Transfigure on a decent 2-drop so you can tutor for Goyf directly into play on your third turn (or later, I suppose), with a creature already in the yard for pumping him.

But still.

And yeah, making it instant would make it more broken, but I'd rather have a really good ability on a few cards than an incredibly awful one on a lot of cards.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

Jun 2007
    Scrubington

Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Except that Transfigure, like Transmute, always costs 3. So it's awful. The best thing I could see is Transfigure on a decent 2-drop so you can tutor for Goyf directly into play on your third turn (or later, I suppose), with a creature already in the yard for pumping him.

But still.

And yeah, making it instant would make it more broken, but I'd rather have a really good ability on a few cards than an incredibly awful one on a lot of cards.
    Or no more fucking keywords, perhaps???
    Team Battletoadz: Fuck the Meta-police?

If it's all in our heads, it's best that we don't loose them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    Mother of Runes is a woefully underplayed Tier 1 card.
    Quote Originally Posted by dude 666 View Post
    Power wouldn't lay in the hands of the few if the general population was more educated and actually voted. Why should the government care about you if you don't vote? (Partially why I hate the electoral college and 2-party system)

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

You know what this means, though, right? More Merfolk.

YES.
    InfoNinjas

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Now that I think of it: why would Transfigure be in Shadowmoor? The only way it can have decent synergy with Evoke would be by putting Evoke and Transfigure on the same card, which just can't happen outside of rares because it would take up too much text. Considering that most Evoke creatures have bumped-up CMCs because of the Evoke option, there's actually a negative synergy between the two.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Thread Information