Page 209 of 209 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209
Results 4,161 to 4,162 of 4162

Thread: [Deck] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist

Nov 2010
    New Gloucester, Maine, USA

Re: [Deck] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist

I've been jamming/goldfishing this list and I really like it. It took a few practice games to find out where the tweaks needed to happen, and it is likely still not optimal (but I won't know that until after the 1K/real experience.)

2x Vantress Gargoyle
    4x Phyrexian Dreadnought
    4x Scroll of Fate
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Stifle
    4x Daze
    4x Force of Will
    2x Dismember
    2x Vapor Snag
    2x Spell Snare
    2x Spell Pierce
    3x Standstill
    1x Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    4x Mishra’s Factory
    4x Flooded Strand
    3x Misty Rainforest
    7x Island
    4x Wasteland
    Sideboard
    2x Ratchet Bomb
    2x Sower of Temptation
    1x Misdirection
    2x Blue Elemental Blast
    2x Tormod’s Crypt/Surgical Extraction (not sure yet, leaning towards Crypt)
    1x Narset, Parter of Veils
    2x Echoing Truth
    3x OPEN

Potential Cards for the open slots:

Crucible of Worlds
    Pithing Needle
    Dismember
    Misdirection
    Dispel
    Vendilion Clique
    Torpor Orb

I was on 3 Dismember, but I was flooding out on them. Same with Standstill at 4 copies, so I just jammed a maindeck Jace, which has been great. Gargoyle is fine as a 2-of; it helps to stabilize early against faster threats and can close games quickly once opponents have threshold.

A quick note about closing out games: I have noticed often it's a 1-2 turn swing. Often game wins come out of nowhere where I combine Dreagnought + Factory + 2/2 manifested card for lethal. I upped the countermagic count to the full 12 with a split of Pierce/Snare and I'm very happy with that.
    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

May 2015
    PDX

Re: [Deck] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist

@crispymelee - Royal Scions doesn‘t seem like a great financial investment. First two abilities feel like a mode you‘d expect on a 1 mana charm. Not a PW that will succeed that well at diverting an opponent‘s attention, also a Pyroblast target. Chandra ToD is the perfect example of what UR wants, it‘s just a large mana investment. Perhaps a better comparison for Scions is simply “why isn‘t this just a Grim Lavamancer?“ You have more hits to get under your own Standstill, ability to shrink a Goyf, able to kill most things which would block a Delver. You‘ve already got Scroll to pseudo-loot away dead cards, then you‘ve Lavamancer to add in 2 points of burn (which is like giving Delver trample, if you‘re killing a potential blocker), and you are transmuting cards in yard into shock (which is like building your own Scion ult). I just don‘t see how tapping down for Scion adds anything you didn‘t already have (or have access to), and that‘s the difference with Chandra; immediate [count to 20 engine] value towards a game-winning ult. Opponents have to react immediately to a ‘value Vortex‘ [Chandra] when you‘re actively counting to 20, whereas Scions can largely be ignored.

My pre-Scroll UR lists always ran 4x Delver and 2x Lavaman, and the only thing you have to do to support that is have a basic mountain (which you‘d kinda need anyways if you were ever considering Scions). I think Lavamancer has also remained a much stronger choice than Gargoyle. When it comes to going big with UR, I don‘t like how much Hydroblast is in the format now (don‘t like idea of putting 4 mana into Chandra to die to 1 mana), so I‘d be looking at Karn. It‘s a fine maindeck choice (randomly hateful, Chalice killer, access to wish-Crypt/Coating/etc...) and goes into the same slots as extra copies of Scroll would.

Thread Information