Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
Here's what I never understood about your build of this deck, which is a very solid idea by the way.

But you run 8 ways to get Dreadnought (4 Mages and 4 Dreadnought).

And yet you only run 5 cards that combo with it (4 Stifle, 1 Trickbind).

Why this doesn't make sense to me is, Dreadnought by itself in your hand is a completely dead card.

Where as Stifle and Trickbind are never ever dead. When you can't use them to get a Dreadnought into play, they kill fetchlands, they counter storm, they neuter Seal of Primordium, and at the very worst case scenario, you can pitch them to FoW as your blue card.

So to me, it makes a lot more sense to run 4 Stifle and 4 Trickbind with 4 Trinket Mage and 4 Dreadnought.

But if not that, i would cut Dreadnoughts from the above (as they are dead cards by themselves) before I would start cutting Trickbinds and Stifles, which are never dead.

I have also found myself very underwhelmed by the Countertop engine (tested it in MUC), so I'm instead going to try a build like this...

Lands
12 Island
4 Mishra's Factory
2 Mutavault
2 Wasteland

Creatures
4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
4 Trinket Mage

Spells
4 Ponder
4 Standstill
4 Force of Will
4 Spell Snare
4 Stifle
4 Trickbind
2 Brainstorm
2 Daze
2 Mana Leak
2 Misdirection
1 Engineered Explosives
1 Pithing Needle

The one other major concern I have about your list is that you only run 12 blue lands. Yet, typically, if you want to make sure you draw a source of a certain color in your opening hand, you need to run atleast 14 cards that produce that color mana.

Otherwise, what do you think about this build?
Not to be mean or anything but this list is quite bad. Mana Leak? Misdirection? Bad calls, Brainstorm is needed as a 4 of and Fetches are also needed. CBTop is amazing in this deck use it.

You Probably don't need 4 Trickbinds, 2 or 3 maybe but not 4. Trinket Mage almost always goes for EE or Top it only goes for Nought if you have the Stifle effect in hand.