Page 216 of 239 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,320 of 4766

Thread: [Deck] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Re: [Deck] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Asses View Post
    Damn that list looks like a blast! How has it been performing?

EDIT: Oh and it looks like you've only got 59 cards in your main.
    I started a thread to discuss the deck in New & Developmental. If you're interested in digging deeper I would welcome your thoughts! Link below:

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...8-Death-Nought
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Made it to four rounds of Legacy yesterday, piloting my unchanged list to a 2-2 finish: Grixis Control (2-0), Eldrazi Blood Sun Stompy (1-2), UB Death's Shadow with r splashed for Grim Lavamancer and The Royal Scions (0-2; both rounds rather unlucky on my part), UWg Oko Snow Control (2-1). "Hardcast" Phyrexian Dreadnought accounted for three wins, Counterbalance (effectively) for one. People still underestimate the power of Scroll of Fate.

I see many lists running counterbalance. Is there some interaction I am missing or are people just slamming and hoping to hit every brainstorm/ponder opponent tries to cast cause we kinda have low cost cards?

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Yes, that is my "strategy" behind running it. Cantrips and CMC 1 removal is significantly less likely to resolve, esp. if you can Brainstorm in response. Also, it's a popular target for opp's counter spells that provides incremental value with zero additional investment, is difficult to handle once resolved, and/but doesn't absolutely HAVE to live to make a game.

May 2015
    PDX

Not enough players showed up today so just a pickup game vs Bomberman. Since it's only 1 match I'll reconstruct as best I remember:
    Game 1: opponent wins die roll

Turn 0: land, Petal x2, Mox, Chalice x=1. (my opening hand is land x4 and Snare, BS, and Azcanta)
    Turn 1: I topdeck JVP, play Factory and pass.
    Turn 2: Opponent plays land + x=2 Ballista. I play land, Azcanta.
    Turn 3: pump Ballista, attack for 3. I play land and JVP.
    Turn 4: pump Ballista, attack for 4, remove 2 counters to kill JVP postcombat. I play land and Karn and [+1] to remove Chalice.
    Turn 5: they attack Karn for 2, and play their own Karn and [-2] wishing for Ballista. I attack their Karn for with Factory down to 1 Loyalty (my Karn kills a Mox with [+1]).
    Turn 6: they play x=2 Ballista, don't attack, and +1 Karn no targets. I get up to 6 mana (Azcanta), cast Verdict, animate Factory and kill their Karn (my Karn kills a Petal iirc).
    Turn 7: from this point all paths lead to my victory.

Game 2: -1 StP, -1 Noxious, -1 Dreadnought, -1 Snare. +1 Keg, +1 Humility, +1 Ashiok, +1 Torpor.
    Turn 0: Tomb pass.
    Turn 1: I Wasteland Tomb and pass. The rest of my hand is Dreadnought x2, Ashiok, Strand, Factory, Karn, and something I topdecked.
    Turn 2: Plains, pass. Land, pass.
    Turn 3: Plains, pass. Land, Standstill, pass.
    Turn 4: Land, Mentor (crack Standstill) -> FoW. Land, Ashiok [-1] target them, pass.
    Turn 5: Sol Land, Karn [-2] wish Liquimetal, play Petal, sac Petal and cast Liquimetal. Upkeep they Coat Ashiok; I play land #4 and Karn [+1] no targets.
    Turn 6: They Karn [+1] on Coating and hit my Karn down to [4] loyalty. I play Dreadnought/Stifle and Standstill, and Karn [+1] no targets.
    Turn 7: They Karn [-2] wish Bridge and cast it (crack Standstill) -> I choose to let Bridge resolve. I play Teferi and [-3] to bounce Bridge and kill their Karn with Dreadnought. (my Karn and Ashiok are doing things, but don't really matter for this turn)
    Turn 8: They re-deploy Bridge, play LED, and Nature's Claim my Dreadnought -> I choose to let Claim resolve. I Karn [-2] wish Scroll, play Scroll, pass.
    Turn 9: They play Karn -> I counter; on their EoT I activate Scroll and put in Dread #2 face-down...
    Turn 10 and beyond: from this point all paths lead to my victory.

Sep 2019
    SoCal

2-3 --> Drop, out of 6 rounds tonight at the Knightware tonight. 62 players. Very disappointed in general by how I played in general. List for the night here.

Round 1 (L, 0-2) vs. UR PainterStone
    G1: I mull to 5 on the draw, he mulls to 6. I have no permission in hand for his explosive opening of Ancient Tomb --> Petal --> Emry. Thought I'd have a chance to get back into the game after a T2 Standstill, but don't draw any relevant answers when he breaks it with Grindstone. Soon he accelerates into a Karn and I'm able to Stifle the first attempt to activate Grindstone, but don't have anything to stop or otherwise slow him down from going off.

Sideboarding: + Engineered Explosives, Pithing Needle, E. Tutor; - Supreme Verdict x2, Search for Azcanta.

G2: On the play and I keep a hand with Nought, Scroll, Factory, and Standstill. He goes T1 Goblin Welder, T2 Servant which eats a FoW, but I end up with nothing for his T3 Grindstone. With no STP or permission, he's able to combo off via Petals and Tomb, Welding the Grindstone in response to activating its ability, bringing Painter back into play before Grindstone resolves.

Round 2 (L, 0-2) vs. BUG Oko stuff
    G1: In what ends up being a theme for the night, I mull to 5 on the play after consecutive no-landers. Despite the rough start, T2 Nought sticks and runs over a Plague Engineer, putting him at 11. I'm okay with trading the Nought for damage, because I have a Standstill in hand and Factory on the board. Once again though, I draw nothing relevant when it breaks, and he's eventually able to recover through Oko and GSZ grabbing a Leovold. He eventually runs me over with a mob of assorted beaters.

Sideboarding: + Humility, Pithing Needle, E.Tutor; - Search for Azcanta, Spell Snare, Karn, the Great Creator

G2: The game was a complete punt on my part. I'm able to keep his development in check, with the exception of his T1 Carpet of Flowers. Broken Standstills finally draw me permission and removal when I need them. An early Teferi attempt discards a FoW from him, letting me stick a Scroll. I'm able to Manifest (Wasteland) when he Decays the Scroll, but the Manifest gets Elk'd by Oko while I'm tapped out. I draw Needle the turn after and it silences Oko. At this point, Carpet of Flowers takes over the game, allowing him to drop multiple Noble Hiearchs and a Dryad Arbor. I stupidly drop Humility onto the field with no Factory in play, and while I'm able to drop three Noughts onto the board, I don't get another Teferi to bounce my Humility back (Disenchant stayed in the SB).

Round 3 (W, 2-0) vs. WB Land Tax/Rack
    G1: He's on the play and opens the game with Leyline of Sanctity, and drops Land Tax T1. I keep a slower hand with Karn and Standstill, and just bide my time; he doesn't really appear to have any active threats though RiP hits the Table T2; I make sure to hold my FoW and Stifle for Helm. He breaks my Standstill on T3 with a Suppression Field, but has no answer for Karn. Scroll Rack comes too late for him, and his Petal gets killed by Karn. Next turn I wish for Scroll, and eventually am able to Manifest Dreadnought through the Supression Field.

Sideboarding: + Pithing Needle, EE; - Supreme Verdict x2

G2: I mull to 5 on the draw, but the 5 are an ideal Island, Factory, Standstill, Stifle, Nought. It's over quickly as Nought gets "hardcasted" .

Round 4 (W, 2-0) vs. Show n Tell
    G1: By far the luckiest win I've had in some time. I keep a risky hand of Plains, Karakas, Scroll, Dreadnought, Teferi, Standstill, Karn, under the premise that any non-Plains land draw within two turns opens up my options tremendously. He goes Ancient Tomb --> Petal --> Ponder --> Petal --> (18) Show and Tell. We both reveal, and he shows a Griselbrand while I reveal the Scroll. End of turn, I manifest Nought. Draw, Karakas --> bounce targeting Griselbrand, he pays the 7 life (11) before it returns to hand. I swing with the Manifest, paying W to "morph" it. GG.

Sideboarding: + Humility, C.Priest; - Search for Azcanta, Supreme Verdict

G2: On the draw and I get another decent hand. An early waste slows down his development, and unfortunately, he's unable to find the mana he needs. Teferi into Karn into wishing for Liquimetal, silencing his Petals while nuking his already slow manabase is too much and he concedes.

Round 5 (L, 1-2) vs. WGU Oko
    G1: A very difficult game, mulling to 5 once again. I'm unable to develop a board of much consequence, while his Oko and Knight of the Reliquary simply overwhelm me. GSZ into a Qasali Pridemage for the Scroll I do manage to stick ends any hope of putting up a fight.

Sideboarding: + Humility, E. Tutor, Pithing Needle, Ashiok, Dream Render x2; - Spell Snare x2, Search for Azcanta, Standstill, Karn, the Great Creator

G2: The T2 Nought once again makes an appearance, and Standstills once again shine in protecting it. He didn't see much G1, so was unprepared for the Nought G2.

G3: Another game I punted pretty severely. A very tight early game of me countering his Hierarch and StPing his Mother of Runes, goes into each of us trying to land our respective PW's. Oko sticks, and I'm quickly behind as my Scroll and Needle get Elk'd and then Qasali Pridemage'd respectively, and I can't find any StP's or my Verdicts. He swings with a 3/3 Elk and when I try to block it with an activated Factory, I literally forget to declare blockers before tapping it to buff itself. It ends up being costly as I could have lived an extra turn were it not for that.

+ Paper magic will always be fun
    + 12/12's will always be fun
    + Qualified for a random prize draw by playing out 5 rounds
    - Oko feels problematic. Based on the eye-test, it felt like somewhere between 10-30% of the room was on UG for him; can't wait to see what the actual numbers were. Aside from Needles and trying to reach him with Factories and SCM, not sure how to answer him. He can very quickly take over a game if not answered and makes playing Scrolls or Noughts feel bad. Generous Gift or Noxious Grasp maybe?
    - Questing Beast is a novel and a nuisance rolled up in one.
    - I can accept being punished for taking risky lines of play, but losing on the back of simple play mistakes/outright poor decision making & evaluation is very disappointing.

Things I learned/observations:
    - Humility does not help vs. Oko; Just as our Factories are 2/2's on activation, his +1 keeps whatever he transforms at 3/3. Any 3/3's that were present BEFORE Humility was played will be 1/1's with no abilities, however.
    - With Humility in play, Dryad Arbor is a 1/1 Land Creature that cannot tap for mana.
    - If Dreadnought is revealed as a result of Show and Tell, it's triggered ability will trigger.
    - With Suppression Field in play, you will NOT have to pay an additional 2 on top of its CMC to turn a Manifest face up (It is a special action, not an activated ability).
    - Disappointed I didn't really get to play with Search for Azcanta much. When it came to sideboarding, it was one of the first cards I wanted to drop almost every time. Chalking it up to simply not enough experience with the card to really evaluate when/where I should keep it.
    - Engineered Explosives/Ratchet Bomb @ 1 for Carpet of Flowers seems like a must; saw these being run in G2 in every G (and by extension, Oko) deck I saw being played today.

Last edited by crispymelee; 12-09-2019 at 12:13 PM.
    Dreadstill

"Control"(tr.v.): To exercise authoritative or dominating influence over; direct."

May 2015
    PDX

Painter is a pretty favorable matchup for us, but game 1 it doesn't sound like variance could be overcome. For SB I would be bringing in RiP, and would consider Disenchant. Cuts would be -1 SCM, -1 Mana Leak. Your list needs to get rid of Fluster or Needle for a Tormod's in the SB at some point; with your list here I'd be much happier attacking the yard [and hitting potential Goblin Engineer] with Ashiok than Needle.
    Game 2 if you had FoW for Welder, that probably should have been your target; FoW vs Painter accomplishes very little. There's only so much you can do if you don't find the interaction like Plow, but in matchups like these I rarely invest resources to challenge their combo pieces early. Given how all-in and mana-intensive their combo is, I prefer letting them go off before moving to disrupt it.

Never cut Search or Karn vs Oko (they get food, you [+1] and food dies). I think Needle is among the most suspect cards as a baseline, but I definitely dislike it vs Oko; like, if you're winning you can Karn [-2] and grab it, but you're playing from behind if you're in a Needle vs Oko fight (if Needle had flash, I'd be okay with it vs Oko as they'd end up wasting a turn).
    Game 1 sounds like you should have not attacked with Dreadnought -> play Standstill and run Factory into Engineer until your opponent blocks. If you're playing UR Dreadstill, perhaps we attack with Nought first, but damage isn't really that relevant for other color combinations unless they are going to zero life.
    For SB vs them (given what I can say about their list from your post): +2 Ashiok, +1 C. Priest, +1 Cursed Scroll; -1 Mana Leak, -1 Nought, -1 other (I'd cut either a Scroll or Plow).

Game 3 everything seems good. I'm fine with Needle here b/c of how slow/janky their deck is (Needle buys time against a deck with very limited ability to pressure).

Game 4 sounds good as well, but for SB you should always look straight at Spell Snare coming out. The 6 cards I want to take out are Snare x2, Verdict x2, StP x2. I want to bring in Ethersworn, Fluster, Needle (Grisel), C. Priest, Humility, E. Tutor. I'm still looking at 2x Ashiok as a function of attacking mana as a legitimate strategy, if you wanted to do that.

Game 5 I don't like Humility (you nailed the reason why in your post) and I dislike Needle. E Tutor is fine, but we should be seeing RiP. They play GSZ, so C. Priest is coming in, Cursed Scroll for Mother of Runes and others. So that's 4 cards coming in, so I'd take out something like -1 Standstill, -1 Snare, -1 Mana Leak, -1 FoN.

Concerning Carpet of Flowers, this deck doesn't really need two blue mana on board all that much so you should be fighting Carpet on this axis. While EE is fine, you don't ever bring it in to fight a card like Carpet specifically. The thought process should be more along the lines of "Foody Elks have cmc 0, Hierarch and Mother have cmc 1, Oko has cmc 3..." ~ what you really want to be doing is asking whether or not you want a StP to come out for EE as a StP-like card with bonus effects.
    Last edited by Fox; 12-09-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Sep 2019
    SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Match review/snip

Thank you as always for your insight and advice. Makes me wanna re-evaluate when I think about jumping off the UW train. It's funny what you say about Tormod's since it was actually due to a list error that I didn't run it - I realized my registered list didn't match what I was playing, so I had to take out the Tormod's and put back Flusterstorm (I expected to run into more Storm)

Yea, for that second game against Painter, the FoW was what I drew into on my own T2, so had nothing to answer the Wlder. I'm also gonna remember that G1 vs Show and Tell for a long, long time.

I'm getting more comfortable just playing the game and managing the mechanics relevant to the list which I think is the biggest thing. It's a question now of optimizing the time I do have to practice for best results.

The field can be found here. I'm mistakenly listed as "UW Standstill". I'll run the numbers on it and edit this post later.

@colo: way to go on breaking even man. That's not sarcasm either aha.
    Dreadstill

"Control"(tr.v.): To exercise authoritative or dominating influence over; direct."

May 2015
    PDX

Three rounder today w/ 9 decks (odd man out on colorless Eldrazi decided to sit out, so only 8 decks): Gobbos, B/R Reanimator, TES, 4c SnowOko, 4c mir'Oko'les, UWr Blade, Bomberman, and manifest destiny. All 3 die rolls lost.

R1 vs B/R Reanimonster (2-1): In all games he has no Chancellor in opener, in all games I let Looting resolve. Game 1 I'm able to make a Dreadnought and force him to go all in on Ashen Rider (exile Nought), and opponent ends up losing as I topdeck a Plow (Factory gets there). Game 2 he has a perfect 6 to barely make a Grisel with an Reanimate and restocks to 7 card hand. This game goes on pretty long, but I think I was supposed to let him hit me 1x with Grisel (he Entomb'd a second) and go for a Stifle on the draw 7 as this would allow an E-Tutor for Crypt followed by Plow Grisel. It's a relatively long game but he's able to get there by nuking 2x lands with Ashen + Therapy (otherwise I'd have stabilized with Teferi or Verdict). Game 3 he can't keep pace with my counterspells and Factory gets there.

R2 vs UWr Blade (1-0-1): Game 1 their hand lined up just a little better and they found both of their 2x CJ to keep Karn from taking over. Game 2 they get massacred by Wasteland/PWs/Azcanta and they're 100% dead but I'm 1 dmg short of killing them on turn 4 of turns. Counting this one as a tie.

R3 vs UWgr mir'Oko'les (2-0): Game 1 their Oko gets made into a dude (Karn + Coating) into a Verdict, so they bounce to hand to protect [Karakas]; their next turn they use all mana on Entreat x=3. I untap and wish Ratchet and nuke 3 angels and a food out of the game; they will never get back to green for Oko and scoop (their 2x Astrolabe on board were cute however). Game 2 we're on mull to 6 [them] vs mull to 5 [me], but again they run into vs Karn/Coating and are forced to scoop. In game 2 I prioritized killing white mana first b/c Oko has no text vs Karn when no Astro are on the table.

It's really tedious to play against Blade with the whole locking their yard off before advancing a gameplan, but the matchup is fine. Oko decks require much less mental energy to deal with, and I've not been impressed by the card against us so far (with and without Wrenn). Karn is particularly brutal for them, particularly when they lack Bolt. The Teferi alongside Oko they play also looks pretty embarrassing against manlands [or Karn +1 on an artifact + attack Teferi]. It's unfortunate that there is no profitable way to put a damper on Astrolabe stuff profitably before Karn, but really do consider playing him in any presentation of Dreadnought at this time. Shenanigans should also probably be in your SB at this time, if you're red.

Sep 2019
    SoCal

Hope all the Noughty boys had a great New Year's and holiday season!

Looking forward at the local on Tuesday, gonna be switching to a UR build to see how it feels with Okos running around (Red Elemental Blast). Other than that development, not really changing too many things from my last UR build other than messing with the sideboard to try and integrate Karn into UR. That being said, SB still feels like a mess; felt like I had to run at least 2x Karn to justify the artifacts in the board, though I'd love to have a second TNN instead. I also saw that non-UW builds were running a Dismember or two; where does that card come into play for us? As always, any and all feedback is appreciated.

MD
    4x Scalding Tarn
    3x Prismatic Vista
    3x Wasteland
    3x Mishra's Factory
    1x Volcanic Island
    4x Island
    2x Mountain

4x Phyrexian Dreadnought
    4x Delver of Secrets
    1x True-name Nemesis

4x Force of Will
    2x Force of Negation
    4x Daze
    4x Lightning Bolt
    4x Stifle
    4x Brainstorm

3x Scroll of Fate
    3x Standstill
    1x Search for Azcanta
    2x Karn, the Great Creator

SB
    1x Liquimetal Coating
    2x Tormod's Crypt
    1x Engineered Explosives
    3x Red Elemental Blast
    2x Brazen Borrower
    2x Ashiok, Dream Render
    2x Spell Pierce
    2x Shenanigans

Dreadstill

May 2015
    PDX

Prefer 2x Volc, 1x Mountain; 2x Mountain will generate too many dead hands without Astrolabe (which you don‘t have room for). If you lack Volc #2 I‘d advise experimenting with either Steam Vents or some other UR dual. The lack of continuous red commitment (i.e. no Lavamancer) makes 3x Volc (Vista to blue Fetches, -1 Island) likely most ideal build.

TNN as a 1x is unlikely to be a big difference maker, would prefer TNN x2 SB and 1x Borrower main (if staying slot neutral). In SB split Tormods and Surgical. If you‘re looking for another maindeck slot, Karn allows 1 Dreadnought to the SB. In SB it looks like extra slots are second copies of Spell Pierce, Ashiok, and Shenanigans (option to move down to 1x yard hate if you just want Tormods). With Karn around, you don‘t need to care that much about artifact destruction.

Other SB ideas include Izzet Staticaster, Sulfur Elemental, Meekstone/E-Bridge, Ballista/Cursed Scroll, Torpor Orb, Alpine Moon, Crucible. On Dismember, the card is quite bad against too many decks to run mainboard; there are better SB options (particularly with wish options).

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Tournament report: Today we had the ELD Legacy Open 1/4/20 with a rather lower turnout of 18 players. Still 5 rounds to cut to top 8. Before I go any further I actually have morphed into black splash dreadstill over the recent weeks. The Surge of Goyf, Abrupt Decay, and Oko has made bolt and red in general feel extremely lackluster. My new list

3 Scroll of Fate
    4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Standstill
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Fatal Push
    4 Stifle
    4 Spell Pierce
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Underground Sea
    4 Mishra's Factory
    3 Wasteland
    3 Island
    3 Flooded Strand
    1 Bitterblossom

2 Engineered Explosives
    3 Dismember
    3 Surgical Extraction
    3 Divert
    1 Bitterblossom
    3 Mystical Dispute

I was finding misdirection to be a liability in this new BUG infested meta specifically delver so I opted to switch back to Divert for a less taxing answer for now. Bitterblossom was sweet for me all day..The Mystical Disputes are mostly for Show and Tell but also can come in vs Oko snow control or 4c. My matchups

R1: BUG Control w/astrolabe:1-1-1 (Draw)- Match was extremely tight it is worth noting that in g3 I had him dead on board but couldn't close it out in the time needed to finish. Still overall, felt pretty great about this new deck list to combat BUG meta.

R2: Humans 2-1- Matchup was a grind. At one point in g3 I blew up 4 of his creatures with EE. Card was MVP in this matchup

R3: BUG Aluren 2-1- His list is just an absolutely attrition warhouse of Strixes, Therapies, etc. We grind him out g3 on the back of Bitterblossom and Delvers. Divert was also very good at redirecting an abrupt decay

R4: BUG Delver 2-0- This matchup is very good for me as postboard I get 7 1 mana spot removals to deal with Goyf and friends. Scroll of Fate won me every game in this round

R5 Show and Tell ID- I'm already sitting comfortable undefeated at 3-0-1 so I elect to ID in and save my mind for the T8.

TOP 8 UB Show and Tell 2-0- Two very quick games. He had a transformational sideboard that I was aware of consisting of a Delver package so I brought in Dismembers. G1 I kill him turn 3 with Scroll.

TOP 4 UGB Hogaak 0-2- I wasn't on Leylines in my board so this matchup was rough. He has an absolutely nuts hand in g1 and kills me on turn 3 with a quick Alter combo. G2 was extremely close came down to a situational play where I misjudged forcing a Vengevine thinking he was going to sacrifice it to Altar. Overall this matchup has never been good and I think you really need Leyline to efficiently stop this MU well.

So overall 3rd place and 140$ Store credit. This list is absolutely insane. I would recommend it to try out for you guys. -Rood
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rood View Post
    Tournament report
    Damn, that list looks great! Do you think you might want some more grave hate in the side though?

May 2015
    PDX

Nice work @Rood. How did the Spell Pierces work vs Thoughteize? Looks like your list might need a bit more vs Depths and Chalice in the SB.

@Seymour_Asses 3x Surgical puts this list pretty far past what most other decks run, and like @Rood pointed out, swapping to Leylines (one of the few ways to really up the ante) is a bit on the overkill side. A card to consider however would be Nihil Spellbomb. Anti-Fetch Ashiok is also pretty good. Most GY-centric combo will do something worse than a Dreadnought + disruption/protection when it comes to racing, which is effectively yard hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Nice work @Rood. How did the Spell Pierces work vs Thoughteize? Looks like your list might need a bit more vs Depths and Chalice in the SB.

@Seymour_Asses 3x Surgical puts this list pretty far past what most other decks run, and like @Rood pointed out, swapping to Leylines (one of the few ways to really up the ante) is a bit on the overkill side. A card to consider however would be Nihil Spellbomb. Anti-Fetch Ashiok is also pretty good. Most GY-centric combo will do something worse than a Dreadnought + disruption/protection when it comes to racing, which is effectively yard hate.
    Yeah, I meant Leylines since GY combo decks (and Storm) seem like they're among the few that can outrace Dread.

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

I wasnt expecting any Hogaak if i was id of been on 4 Leyline. Surgical just doesnt do enough. Swapping out Snares for Pierces is correct now because of the need to counter hand disruption and Oko. We arent needing to counter Goyf w snare having access to push now. I do want some # of Plague Engineer. Probably will try to fit 2 in.

@Fox- It's a meta call really. I wasnt expecting any lands or Depths. The meta has basically morphed into like BUG everything then randomly I face a few other stuff. Oko and Veil have totally changed the entire landscape right now. I will say Thoughtseize feels rather bad right now with how many people are maindecking Veils. Also sitting under a standstill and drawing it is even worse. I did test it a little bit though.

@crispy- Right now Red blast is fine against Oko postboard but it's the problem of everyone being on Veil and Goyf that's making Mountain feel REAL bad. That's why I ultimately opted to switch to black. Not being able to deal with a 3/4 Lurgoyf feels real bad man. Also im totally off off Force of Negation now. The amount of card disadvantage has been feeling real bad. I haven't missed it once since I dropped it. I'm learning towards the card is severely crippling in the resource department.
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

Is Reanimator not a problem?

Sep 2019
    SoCal

Is Reanimator not a problem?

On my typical UW build, Reanimator hasn't felt too bad. Between the extensive permission list and 4x StP/3x SCM, it wasn't often that I felt like I had no answers to early attempts to go off.

That being said, the archetype as a whole does struggle against Dredge because we don't have a lot of interaction with their main engines pre-board, and post-board, it becomes a race of "who goes off first/do we find hate if we dont". I've recently gotten my hands on some Surgical Extractions, so that'll certainly take the place of the Needle in the SB.

It comes down to "What's in your meta?". If you have large percentages of the player pool running Dredge/Reanimate, then something like Leyline of the Void may make more sense, compared to my meta where its population (<10%) doesn't justify the niche (but very strong) hate, and more flexible hate like Tormods/Relic/Ashiok/Nihil/C.Priest are better uses of the sideboard slots.

@Rood:Thanks for the input! UW/UR the only realistic options for me since I don't have any USeas unfortunately. Cool use of BBlossom; always wanted to find an excuse to sling one around somewhere. Never thought I'd see one in a Dreadstill list.
    - Seems like a low investment engine/threat to further your Delvers and Noughts getting in.
    - Feels similar to CB, where ppl may (unnecessarily) burn resources on it
    - Left on it's own, will take over a game, make life hell for enemy PW's.
    - Have you had any issues with life between BB's, Dismember, and Surgicals? Or are opponents just dead before it matters?

EDIT: fixed grammar.
    Last edited by crispymelee; 01-06-2020 at 12:25 AM.
    Dreadstill

Quote Originally Posted by crispymelee View Post

On my typical UW build, Reanimator hasn't felt too bad. Between the extensive permission list and 4x StP/3x SCM, it wasn't often that I felt like I had no answers to early attempts to go off.

That being said, the archetype as a whole does struggle against Dredge because we don't have a lot of interaction with their main engines pre-board, and post-board, it becomes a race of "who goes off first/do we find hate if we dont". I've recently gotten my hands on some Surgical Extractions, so that'll certainly take the place of the Needle in the SB.

It comes down to "What's in your meta?". If you have large percentages of the player pool running Dredge/Reanimate, then something like Leyline of the Void may make more sense, compared to my meta where its population (<10%) doesn't justify the niche (but very strong) hate, and more flexible hate like Tormods/Relic/Ashiok/Nihil/C.Priest

Thanks! I was thinking about UR/UB so the removal is different, but yeah I don't see as much Reanimator or Dredge these days either so Leyline might not be the best option. I was wondering what pushed them out.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Thanks! I was thinking about UR/UB so the removal is different, but yeah I don't see as much Reanimator or Dredge these days either so Leyline might not be the best option. I was wondering what pushed them out.

I think they should be strong in this meta. No one is play gy hate

Thread Information