Page 218 of 239 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 4766

Thread: [Deck] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Re: [Deck] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist

The problem is most of these builds are Omnishow. So Drake wont work
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    You should use gilded drake instead. At least you can cast it
    That doesn't steal Omniscience though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rood View Post
    Agents are for online meta of like 30% Show and Tell
    It's funny how much matchup variance comes into play in leagues. I've only played in a handful of leagues the last couple of months, but I haven't played Show & Tell once.

Someone needs to do an analysis of when certain types of players play. There really might be something to do, like if Europe has a different meta, or if combo players are morning or night people. I'd totally use that info to dodge things

Sep 2019
    SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Snacks View Post
    It's funny how much matchup variance comes into play in leagues. I've only played in a handful of leagues the last couple of months, but I haven't played Show & Tell once.

Someone needs to do an analysis of when certain types of players play. There really might be something to do, like if Europe has a different meta, or if combo players are morning or night people. I'd totally use that info to dodge things
    I feel fairly certain that if MtG follows the same metagame conventions that SSBM, SFV, and OW do, their meta will certainly differ. Different format (standard), but I remember it was mentioned in a quote with a European (German?) MtG player that one tended to see higher land counts in their lists because "We like playing our spells more".

That being said, I can't imagine their metas being significantly different from what we have going on here.
    Dreadstill

"Control"(tr.v.): To exercise authoritative or dominating influence over; direct."

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Just finished my 2nd 5-0 MTGO league back on the Scroll build...Been trying both the TNN and Scroll build...both seem excellent right now. This was the list I tested for the league.

4x Dreadnought
    4x Delver
    4x Stifle
    4x Spell Pierce
    4x Daze
    4x FOW
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Scroll of Fate
    4x Lightning Bolt
    4x Standstill
    4x Polluted delta
    3x Flooded Strand
    4x Mishra's Factory
    3x Wasteland
    2x Volcanic Island
    4x Island

SB:
    1x Blood Moon
    3x Agent of Treachery
    2x Dismember
    3x Red Elemental Blast
    2x Abrade
    2x Engineered Explosives
    2x Tormod's Crypt

GY decks seem to be very uncommon...though I did face one reanimator player on this specific league. Matchups were

2-0 UWx Snow Control
    2-0 UGR Chalice Lands
    2-1 BR reanimator
    2-0 Elves!
    2-0 UG Snow Oko control

Overall definitely a successful campaign for the Dreadnought crew. Got the 2nd Trophy...Near the top of the fresh leaderboard season with Dreadstill. LFG
    Last edited by Rood; 01-24-2020 at 04:10 PM.
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

May 2015
    PDX

Nice work! How many times did Oko come down and +1 Scroll into a 3/3 and insta-rip to 5-7 power (7 if Factory as well as 2/2)?

Just finished my 2nd 5-0 MTGO league back on the Scroll build...Been trying both the TNN and Scroll build...both seem excellent right now. This was the list I tested for the league.

4x Dreadnought
    4x Delver
    4x Stifle
    4x Spell Pierce
    4x FOW
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Scroll of Fate
    4x Lightning Bolt
    4x Standstill
    4x Polluted delta
    3x Flooded Strand
    4x Mishra's Factory
    3x Wasteland
    2x Volcanic Island
    4x Island

SB:
    1x Blood Moon
    3x Agent of Treachery
    2x Dismember
    3x Red Elemental Blast
    2x Abrade
    2x Engineered Explosives
    2x Tormod's Crypt
    Nice turnament. I suppose also 4 Daze in the list.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Nice work! How many times did Oko come down and +1 Scroll into a 3/3 and insta-rip to 5-7 power (7 if Factory as well as 2/2)?
    I don't get this line

May 2015
    PDX

I don't get this line
    Tap out for Oko, [+1] on Scroll, response make a 2/2. Hit Oko for 5, option for 7 with Factory, option for 17 dmg one shot if face-down Dreadnought and Factory.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Tap out for Oko, [+1] on Scroll, response make a 2/2. Hit Oko for 5, option for 7 with Factory, option for 17 dmg one shot if face-down Dreadnought and Factory.
    I see...with 3 different creatures.

May 2015
    PDX

I see...with 3 different creatures.
    Yeah, that’s kinda the reason we don’t care too much about Oko; we can go from 0 power on board [sort of, when it comes to Factory] to Oko dies immediately afterwards (happening on the turn they cast him). Everywhere else in legacy people are playing cowardly/anemic ETB value nonsense or threats which, while big enough, are generally coming off too slow of a delivery mechanism (i.e. sorc speed with summoning sickness) to outpace an Oko, so he just wins all by himself.

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

I one shot two Oko players by blinking in Dread when he tried to zap my scroll into a 3/3.

Aug 2019
    Berlin | Canberra | NYC

@Rood: Since you've been doing well in short succession with maxing out on Spell Snares and then Pierces. What's been the verdict for you so far?

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Tobitzki View Post
    @Rood: Since you've been doing well in short succession with maxing out on Spell Snares and then Pierces. What's been the verdict for you so far?
    A big part of that answer is “what is your combo?” If you’re on UR, everything is pointed at count to 20 [Dreadnought as quad-Bolt = 1-hit Dreadnought]. If you look at his UB build, there is no reach so games are going longer [2-shot Dreadnought]. If you’re on UR, it’s way more important to kill SCM and Strix/Ice-Fang on the stack to make sure you can push damage through.

It is much more important to stop an Oko from coming down (Pierce to protect Scroll) when you are trying to grind out wins on position rather than life total.

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Both are fine cards...I really like Snare vs Snow alot which I see alot now. I switched to Pierce because Snare is really bad against S&T which I was seeing alot.

May 2015
    PDX

Went 3-1 today. Decks in room were SnT, Elves!, 4c SnowOko, DETH, KassariPost, UR Delver, B/R Reanimator, BUG Dreadnought, and manifest destiny.

Round 1 it finally happened, my first ever [not intentional] Dreadnought mirror! Game 1 I'm on the play and opponent opens with Gemstone Caverns, and I'm already putting them on the 12/12 or Merfolk; sure enough Dreadnought gets exiled for the luck counter. I play Island pass, opponent will go on to turn 1 a Dreadnought. My turn is Fetch -> basic Plains into make my own 12/12. Opponent topdecks Decay and hits for 12. I deploy land #3 and use Teferi to bounce. Game goes on for about 15 turns, and I eventually deploy another Dreadnought and win. Game 2 we both leave our Torpor Orbs in the SB and we go on to play a fairly ridiculous amount of draw-go, but I'm eventually sitting behind superior manlands (Factory vs occasional Mutavault), Powder Keg (counters=0), and a JVP that I'm only tapping in response to a removal spell. Eventually a Scroll comes along under a Teferi and that's game.

Their deck was not really the best shell for Dreadnought; most of it was 16 slots of Dreadnought/Stifle/Trickbind/Tale's End, but the other half was a bit of a mismatch with discard (Seize and Duress), Smallpox, and Decay. If you took out the Smallpox for Hunted Horror and 4 Stifle effects for Scroll, the deck might fare a little better. The black-green core (no FoW, no Bstorm, no Standstill) had no issue going towards hellbent, but there was no card advantage engine/benefit for doing so (Uro there would have been a decent fit). The Smallpox stuff is kinda okay, but I think if you're doing this kinda stuff you just try to win off PWs full of Murderous Riders rather that Stifle and Nought. Pretty silly games though, with a very different tempo than normal legacy games; we had many multi-turn cycles both going draw-pass.

Round 2 vs SnT (0-2): game 1 they SnT Emmy into play and my cantrips fail to find Teferi or Karakas or Verdict and they're a little too high on life to win with a Dreadnought attacking back. Game 2 we're both on a mull to 6 and they manage to go off turn 2 through a Wasteland and put Emmy into play again (no blue card for FoW). Plenty of backbreaking answers, just didn't find them.

Round 3 vs KassariPost (2-1): game 1 they die to turn 2 Dreadnought and FoW their Crop Rot [for Maze]. Game 2 they're able to assemble 15 mana for Emmy through 2 Wastelands by around turn 8 or so, but it was fun to bounce Golos with Teferi and have them recast it into an Ashiok. Game 3 I Wasteland their turn 1 Cloudpost and go on to Karn/Coating them out of the game.

Round 4 vs DETH (2-0): game 1 an early Dreadnought gets there. Game 2 they get Karn/Coating locked, but did manage to get Helm/Leyline on board at same time. [DETH = Depths, Tendrils, Helm. Also Painter/Grindstone and Karn and LED/Echo.]

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Great work Fox...movin on up rank #5 on MTGO the fresh leaderboard right now on Dreadstill (Got my 3rd 5-0 MTGO league.) Pretty heavy combo MUs

Storm 2-0
    S&T 2-0
    Dredge 2-1
    Dredge 2-0
    S&T 2-0

List hasnt changed much from the last time i posted. I'm preparing for a huge 2k tournament so I'm super happy with the list. I beat both Dredge players g1 so im beginning to think that our new list with Scroll makes us able to be able to race alot easier then we used to. It's not a matchup I've faced often but both times this league it felt pretty good for us. I am back on 3 Surgicals in the board now mostly to deal with Dark Depths. Right now Lands and BUG delver tend to be my hardest matchups. I'm thinking of trying a couple Brazen Borrowers to help.

https://ibb.co/1880ZJp

List

https://ibb.co/Tr1WPq4

I am going to work on a sideboard guide as well because I've had a couple people message me about how to side properly. The deck can be a bit tricky to figure out what to take out.
    Last edited by Rood; 01-27-2020 at 06:11 AM.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Right now Lands and BUG delver tend to be my hardest matchups. I'm thinking of trying a couple Brazen Borrowers to help.
    I definitely encourage you to play Borrowers, at least in the sideboard. I've been playing a 1/1 split between main/side in UB Shadow and it's a game changer for that deck, which is similar to this one. If you ever go with UB again, and you work in Thoughtseize, Borrower gets even better. It is disruption that puts threats back onto the stack, where you have favorable odds of dealing with it. It also gets your threat density higher for grindy decks like Miracles/Grixis/4C Piles.
    Last edited by Mr. Safety; 01-27-2020 at 08:00 AM.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

The best option is to have two different bounce effect, for example I used to play 1 brazen borrower and 1 wipe/away (split second often makes difference )

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by davide View Post
    The best option is to have two different bounce effect, for example I used to play 1 brazen borrower and 1 wipe/away (split second often makes difference )
    Wipe Away hasn’t been played in a number of years; mostly a High Tide and DTT OmniTell wish target. Brazen Borrower is more correct.

Thread Information