Page 109 of 239 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 4766

Thread: [Deck] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist

bring me water!
    Feb 2008

Re: [Deck] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist

i guess i need to admit...i havent touched dreadstill since the tournament where i smashed 8 aggro decks before walking home in first place.
    Iv actually switched to bant.
    anyways im really glad to see dreadstill doing well.The reason i switched i was tired of being in the defensive so much vs zoo it was starting to get annoying seeing 2 3/3's on t2...standstill was constantly a dead card for me.
    Now if this meta calms down some i will pick it up again *i got all the cards still sitting in a deck just waiting*
    I do agree that wasteland while he played very well did very well in avoiding zoo all day.zoo is not unwinnable no but it sure as hell aint fun playing against it.

Tom MacDonald
    May 2007
    Stoughton, MA

I've got to say Eddie, you're lucky none of the moderators go anywhere near the Dreadstill thread, your grammar is atrocious.
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

Trample, Haste
    Mar 2009
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by J.V. View Post
    I've got to say Eddie, you're lucky none of the moderators go anywhere near the Dreadstill thread, your grammar is atrocious.
    LOL

I also have to admit that I'm not playing Dreadstill a lot recently.
    The thread almost died and a new fatty came out: Marit Lage! I'm trying to build something around Dark Depths and I'm changing my mind quite often on the type of deck I want to put it in.
    Btw did top 8 with a list that played 4 Dreadnoughts and 4 Dark Depths, but was really unstable.

If the thread becomes interesting again I'll be glad to give my opinion and test the new ideas.

Oh, just remembered: try Grim Lavamancer in Dreadstill, really strong!!

I've been playing with Lavamancer in my list for the last 2 months... SUCH a house against everything ever.
    Team Donkeypunch

Hello

I never postet before in this forum so don´t be angry when i do something wrong.

I planed to build a Nought deck with a green and white splash.

my ideas were to bring in the tarmogoyf with green and a spotremovel in form of Stop with white

here is my list:

Lands:

2 Tundra
    2Tropical Islands
    3 Flooded Strand
    3 Misty Rainforst
    3 Mishras Factory
    3 Wasteland
    4 Island

Creatures

4 Dreadnoughts
    3Tarmogoyf

Counter:
    4 Force of Will
    4 Daze
    2 Spell Snare
    3Counterbalance

Tools:
    4 Brainstrom
    3 Sensei´s Diving Top
    3 Standstill
    4Stifle
    1Trickbind
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Enlightened Tutor

my questions are:

What do you think about Enlightened Tutor? Play it or better play more Standstill/Counterbalance/Top?
    What do you think about the lands?
    im not sure about Stifle and Trickbind is it enough or besster play 1 more Trickbind?

greetings
    waseritan

Trample, Haste
    Mar 2009
    Italy

@Waseritan:

I would cut the 2 Enlighted Tutors and add the 4th Tarmogoyf and the 4th Counterbalance. I would also cut a Daze to add a Spell Snare.
    I also noticed that you play just 20lands. I also played 20 lands ages ago, but found out that 21 is the correct number to play in this deck.

hm ok but what do you think i can cut for land number 21?

@Waseritan

If you want to try Enlightened Tutor in the deck I would make sure you have at least 1 Engineered Explosives and 1 real bomb that is tutorable, maybe Crucible of Worlds. I'd cut 1 Dreadnought in that scenario and count on Enlightened Tutor to pull up the nought when needed. You will be walking a very fine line on card disadvantage, since Dreadstill already has that issue at times but you'll also have the Enlightened Tutor as hard counter with Counterbalance in play.

Here's how I would change your list to try to make it work:

4x Tarmogoyf
    3x Phyrexian Dreadnought

4x Force of Will
    2x Daze
    2x Spell Snare
    4x Stifle

4x Brainstorm
    2x Enlightened Tutor

3x Counterbalance
    2x Sensei's Divining Top
    2x Standstill
    1x Engineered Explosives
    1x Crucible of Worlds

4x Swords to Plowshares

1x Academy Ruins
    3x Mishra's Factory
    3x Wasteland
    3x Flooded Strand
    2x Windswept Heath
    3x Tundra
    3x Tropical Island
    3x Island
    1x Plains

The list goes down to 8 counters but it has Enlightened Tutor to top deck 0,1,2 or 3 cc artifacts/enchantments with Counterbalance in play. Almost the entire game plan can be top decked by Enlightened Tutor which can get everything relevant except for Stifle. Academy Ruins is in because you have several things, like Crucible of Worlds and Engineered Explosives, that can be devastating if you can recur them.

Working on building this deck. Can't afford the Duals right now, so Explosives has been moved to the SB.

3 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    4 Trinket Mage

4x Counterbalance
    2x Sensei's Divining Top
    4x Standstill
    1x Pithing Needle

3x Stifle
    3x Trickbind
    4x Force of Will
    3x Daze
    4x Brainstorm
    2x Ponder

2x Scalding Tarn
    2x Flooded Strand
    12x Island
    4x Mishra's Factory
    3x Wasteland

Eventually, I do plan on getting Volcanic Islands and playing a more traditional Ur list, just wondering how this will work.

Quote Originally Posted by jamis View Post
    Working on building this deck. Can't afford the Duals right now, so Explosives has been moved to the SB.

3 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    4 Trinket Mage

4x Counterbalance
    2x Sensei's Divining Top
    4x Standstill
    1x Pithing Needle

3x Stifle
    3x Trickbind
    4x Force of Will
    3x Daze
    4x Brainstorm
    2x Ponder

2x Scalding Tarn
    2x Flooded Strand
    12x Island
    4x Mishra's Factory
    3x Wasteland

Eventually, I do plan on getting Volcanic Islands and playing a more traditional Ur list, just wondering how this will work.
    Play a Mountain, 4x Scalding Tarn and 2x Engineered Explosives main deck and Firespout in the sideboard. The Engineered Explosives are a sweeper for the deck to handle tokens, as well as being the 2cc removal. You'll still have 15 blue sources if you change an Island to a Mountain. The Pithing Needle is also probably not worth it main deck unless you have a lot of CounterTop in the meta or Belcher is running amok. You could make it into the 8th counter pretty easily. The 3rd Trickbind gives you a spot for Engineered Explosives.

Argyle sweaters make things better.
    May 2009
    Maine/Worcester, MA

Yeah, Very soon I will post a detailed explanation of my thought process and all my changes, however at the moment I am extremely busy with school work and that does come first...
    Did you give up on the deck?

Site Contributor
    Dec 2007

I think that dreadstill is a very strong deck, but I preffer to play the deck with goyf.

Im thinking about including 1 basilisk collar in the deck, we can find it by trinket mage for equipping a goyf, some times when our opponent has a goyf we cant attack with our own goyf, but basilisk collar is a solution for this problem IMO, moreover looks good againts zoo and in some marginal situations can give us the game for example if our opponent has a lonely progenitus and we equip our phyrexian dreadnought with basilisk .

What do you think about including baslisk collar in UGR dreadstill ?

Mar 2010
    Amsterdam

I played a small fun tournament with some friends tonight with the Ur list I posted on the previous page:
    I didn't take notes, so commentary might be a lil off.

R1: Enchantress: 2-1 (1-0)
    After winning a fast game 1 I lose a long G2 mainly because I can't get rid of an opposing Moat with him on 3 life. In the final game I blow EE for his Runed Halo (on Nought) and a few more enchantments and play StifleNought and win.

R2: Pikula: 2-1 (2-0)
    A very hard matchup for me. I lose game-1 after having 1 dreadnought discarded and 1 StP'd. I win game 2 and 3 mainly due to fairly fast dreadnoughts with some counter backup. In g2 he vindicated my land the turn before I played StifleNought as well.

R3: Merfolk: 2-1 (3-0)
    This matchup is all about fast dreadnoughts, especially pre-board. G1 I land a turn-3 nought which takes it home. In g2 I lose to the Fish Army before I can pretty much do anything. In the final game I go t2 Dreadnought with FoW, Daze and Spell Snare in hand..

R4: ANT: 2-1 (4-0)
    In g1 he decides to not go off in t2 knowing I have some counters (he thoughtseized T1). I get CounterTop online and win. G2 he lands a t1 Xantid Swarm which I don't have the FoW for and goes off a turn or two after. In the final game he mulls to 5 and still has a bad hand, after a few turns he scimply scoops.

I think I got pretty lucky, but anyways, it was nice to win a few matches ^^.
    I would like a 4th CB and a 3rd Top mainboard, but I'm not sure what to cut for it. I was thinking of cutting 1 of two of the following Daze/Spell Snare/Mage. I'm also considering a Pithing Needle sideboard and possibly Lightning Bolts side, which I don't currently have.
    Last edited by JamieW89; 04-04-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    I think that dreadstill is a very strong deck, but I preffer to play the deck with goyf.

Im thinking about including 1 basilisk collar in the deck, we can find it by trinket mage for equipping a goyf, some times when our opponent has a goyf we cant attack with our own goyf, but basilisk collar is a solution for this problem IMO, moreover looks good againts zoo and in some marginal situations can give us the game for example if our opponent has a lonely progenitus and we equip our phyrexian dreadnought with basilisk .

What do you think about including baslisk collar in UGR dreadstill ?
    BC is just too slow, and bad, and we don't run enough creatures. Against zoo, the lifelink will not matter because it is too slow to get out. Unless you start with it in hand, you won't see it out and equiped until turn 4-5 at the earliest. Also, I cannot imagine trinketing it above anything else we run. I would probably first trinket for a SDT or a naught even if I were in that goyf vs. goyf showdown. Besides, what would you cut for it?

If you want to win the goyf wars and have a better zoo MU just play a few Lightning Bolts/Fire&Ice. Burn will fullfill your problems while not being so narrow.

Trample, Haste
    Mar 2009
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by JamieW89 View Post
    R1: Enchantress: 2-1 (1-0)
    After winning a fast game 1 I lose a long G2 mainly because I can't get rid of an opposing Moat with him on 3 life. In the final game I blow EE for his Pithing Needle (on Nought) and a few more enchantments and play StifleNought and win.
    Wtf are you talking about? Pithing Needle on Dreadnought?!?
    Team Stimato

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    He told you a foil from Time Spiral was Summer?
    This man must be a Jedi.

Jul 2006
    Tokyo, Japan

Quote Originally Posted by pippo84 View Post
    Wtf are you talking about? Pithing Needle on Dreadnought?!?
    LOL. Maybe he means runed halo?

Mar 2010
    Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by slylie View Post
    LOL. Maybe he means runed halo?
    Lol thanks, fixed ^^
    37th GP Ams'11 | 80th GP Stras '13 | 5th BoM Paris '13 | 12th GP Lille '15

bring me water!
    Feb 2008

yeah i know, but that is why i love it.

Apr 2010
    Victoria, BC

What do you guys think about splashing white for Enlightened Tutor, STP etc? or is the 2/2 a better search?

Trample, Haste
    Mar 2009
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanus View Post
    What do you guys think about splashing white for Enlightened Tutor, STP etc? or is the 2/2 a better search?
    Enlightened Tutor is card disadvantage while Trinket Mage is card advantage.
    Team Stimato

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    He told you a foil from Time Spiral was Summer?
    This man must be a Jedi.

Thread Information