Page 53 of 239 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 4766

Thread: [Deck] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist

Nov 2008
    Finland

Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist

Quote Originally Posted by lunar_eternal_blue View Post
    I personally love enlightened tutor in this deck for several reasons. First of all, as mentioned before, it can grab either piece of the countertop combo. It can also grab dreadnought turn one at EoT so that you can play a turn 2 nought. Finally, it lets you run a toolbox either sideboard or mainboard (or both).Some things it can grab that trinket mage can't that I like are crucible, serenity, oblivion ring and lightning greaves. It also grabs E. Explosives turn 1 in case of an early Empty the Warrens. I just think that trinket mage is too slow. I know E. tutor gives you card disadvantage, but I think it is still worth it.
    Just curious, what your list look like? That e.tutor just seems unnecessary to me, because trinket mage does exact same thing, just little slower but still doing it. We have plenty of counters to slow opponent to turn three or so on, when we can play that Trinket mage what also block and attack what e.tutor doesn't do. That maybe be bad argument but it's fact. And that crusible, what is that for? If you wanna ruin opponents manabase that Magus of the moon will be fine if not the best on that job. Just ask Roodmistah. EtW, can be denyed by stifle or/and trickbind so that won't be a huge problem.

Sep 2008
    315 New York

What do you guys think about Fire//Ice main and Magus of the Moon sb? I'm thinking I like fire//ice for the fact it can slow people down on a land screw and help against tombstalker and such. Plus fire can help with spot removal with mishra's or just burn and what not/ I haven't tested yet but I def. am going to.

Sep 2006
    I'm On a Boat Motherfucker

i play Ugr dreadstill with goyfs main

i play magus side specifically for 3/4 color decks with like 1 basic land, i side in magus basically for the goyfs and it works well

fire/ice is amazing maindeck, i currently run 3...it taps down creatures, it fries merfolk, goblins, slivers, elves, etc, it pitches to fow, it is quite a nice utility card
    Team SnK - Skizzik no kicker!

Currently looking for: 2x FOIL Sensei's Divining Tops (CHK).
    If you have any of these and are looking to trade or sell, please pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by psu42 View Post
    i play Ugr dreadstill with goyfs main

i play magus side specifically for 3/4 color decks with like 1 basic land, i side in magus basically for the goyfs and it works well

fire/ice is amazing maindeck, i currently run 3...it taps down creatures, it fries merfolk, goblins, slivers, elves, etc, it pitches to fow, it is quite a nice utility card
    Can you write down you decklist + SB? I really like the Goyfs in main. I play it the same, but the Fire/Ice idea is also fine. But what for?
    Thanx
    ZUZY

Hallo all,

What is better version for Dreadstill. With splash for Green for Tarmogoyf or without splash and with +3x Spell Snare and +1x Trickbind?

Thank you
    ZUZY
    Last edited by Bardo; 01-06-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Don't double-post.

Aug 2007
    Germany

Hey,
    i'm going to play the following list on a Tournament next sunday...

creatures

3 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    2 Trinket Mage
    4 Tarmogoyf

instant

4 Brainstorm
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    3 Spell Snare
    4 Stifle
    1 Trickbind

enchantment

3 counterbalance
    4 Standstill

artifact

2 Engineered Explosives
    2 Sensei's Divining Top

land

3 Flooded Strand
    3 Island
    4 Mishra's Factory
    3 Polluted Delta
    2 Volcanic Island
    2 Tropical Island
    3 Wasteland

Sideboard:

3 Blue Elemental Blast
    3 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Pithing Needle
    3 Krosan Grip
    3 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Firespout

What is your Boarding Strategy against Goyf Sligh, Threshold, Team America and Landstill. What in what out?

Hallo,

If you will play just 3x Dradnoughts and 2x Trinket Mage, that you will have problems to play Dread/Stifle really fast. That is what you want.

Than the Spell Snare is good card, but you have to have 1 mana free.

I am playin the almost same version, but like:

- 3x Spell Snare
    + 1x Dreadnought
    + 1x Trinket Mage
    + 1x Land - Island or Tropical

Land drop every turn is necessary and sometimes even with 21 lands it is problem.

SB: I had problems with Goblins. And I had 2x Pyroclasm and 1x Firespount. On the other side I have never sided in the Krosan Grips. If you want to play the version with Spell Snares, you should be able to counter the Conterbalance.

Than the Pyroclasm is better, that Firespout. It WILL happened to you, that you will not have 3 mana to play Firespount. It seems better, but you will be tapped by Rishadan Port and will have problems to get 3rd mana.

My SB is now:

3x REB
    3x BEB
    2x Pithing Needle - Vial, Port, Grindstone, Seismic Assault...
    2x Krosan Grip - to have something against CB. I am not playing the Spell Snares
    2x Pyroclasm
    1x Firespount
    2x Tormodīs Crypt

ZUZY

Montreal's legacy scene
    Sep 2008
    Montreal

What you guys do against a resolved Tombstalker? I wouldn't play Dreadstill without a Bounce or any removal.

I really think it's lacking in your build. Maybe in the Grip's or the Needle's spots, put Echoing truth, and so you will be able to side them against TA. Combined with Tormod's, it can slow them a lot, especially in the mid/late game because they can't fill the graveyard quickly.

PM

Tom MacDonald
    May 2007
    Stoughton, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    What you guys do against a resolved Tombstalker? I wouldn't play Dreadstill without a Bounce or any removal.
    Submerge is the new hotness, haven't you heard?
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

Clay Aiken
    Jun 2005
    Mooshie's Grove

I really think it's lacking in your build. Maybe in the Grip's or the Needle's spots, put Echoing truth, and so you will be able to side them against TA. Combined with Tormod's, it can slow them a lot, especially in the mid/late game because they can't fill the graveyard quickly.

PM
    I agree with JV, Submerge seems awful good, seems good in some mirror matches as well, if they're running 'goyf as well as 'nought. Are we at the point where Submerge might be pretty good as a 4x in the SB?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeless View Post
    Your Source for Hurt Feelings and Naming Cats.

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

Where would you fit in a playset of Submerges? It doesn't hit Dreadnaughts, and sometimes won't even hit Tombstalkers. Swords to Plowshares, Wipe Away, Rushing River, Threads of Disloyalty, and Echoing Truth all seem like more flexible (if less cool) options. If you had all the space in the world, it'd be neat to have available, but with a cramped sideboard, I'll take the more flexible removal over the more powerful but narrow removal.
    InfoNinjas

Tom MacDonald
    May 2007
    Stoughton, MA

The only matchup that runs Tombstalker that you care about is Team America and it WILL hit tombstalker against them. As for Dreadnought, that may be true, but the mirror often comes down to Mishra's Factory anyways...

Anyways I'm not sure if we really need 4 in the board, I'm currently running 3. This is my Current board:
    3 Blue Elemental Blast
    3 Krosan Grip
    3 Submerge
    2 Firespout
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Pithing Needle
    Team Hammafist
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

Sep 2006
    I'm On a Boat Motherfucker

Submerge is somewhat nice, but I don't think it is as flexible as echoing truth.

Truth also can get tokens against ichorid or combo when it matters and is also useful for bouncing opposing multiples of goyf and then counterbalancing them when they are replayed.

I also run Magus sideboard for 3+ color decks and Team America which generally only runs 1 basic and if they don't see it coming, or even if they do, if it resolves you generally can hold on and win.
    Team SnK - Skizzik no kicker!

Currently looking for: 2x FOIL Sensei's Divining Tops (CHK).
    If you have any of these and are looking to trade or sell, please pm me.

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

It needs more testing to be proved a solid choice in the sideboard, but Submerge definetally seems powerful given the rise of Tombcaver and whatnot. I'm just not sold on it yet though, Echoing Truth seems to fill the role better.
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

Montreal's legacy scene
    Sep 2008
    Montreal

Quote Originally Posted by J.V. View Post
    Submerge is the new hotness, haven't you heard?
    Yes i did. I'm running it in Canadian Trash and it is really good.

Tom MacDonald
    May 2007
    Stoughton, MA

Yes i did. I'm running it in Canadian Trash and it is really good.
    Yup. That's where the idea came from.
    Team Hammafist

Cash Money Baller
    Nov 2007
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by J.V. View Post
    Yup. That's where the idea came from.
    Are you sure the red splash is worth it for just Firespout? 2 more basic Islands would help solidify the mana base, helping against other Stifle/Wasteland strategies. You could make the Firespout into either the 2 Echoing Truth people seem to want, or possibly 1 Pithing Needle and 1 Crucible. Another Needle would help shore up the Gobos match up, and Crucible is obviously great against control.

Also, with that SB, how would you board against an average Survival deck? Mostly, it seems like Submerge should come in, but I can't imagine what I should bring out for it.

May 2008
    Iowa

Are you sure the red splash is worth it for just Firespout? 2 more basic Islands would help solidify the mana base, helping against other Stifle/Wasteland strategies. You could make the Firespout into either the 2 Echoing Truth people seem to want, or possibly 1 Pithing Needle and 1 Crucible. Another Needle would help shore up the Gobos match up, and Crucible is obviously great against control.

Yes. You need firespout against speed aggro decks, like Elves! or Goblins. The fact that it comes in against dragon stompy to clear moon magi, RPD, and un-Hellbent Gathan Raiders is just an added bonus.

The red splash consists for me of two red duals, and swapping those to basics really wont make the manabase THAT much more consistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryPheldagrif
    The important thing is to always, always remember that while Brainstorm may require the tea-sipping socialite to think for 15 minutes as to the ideal configuration to optimize his carefully calculated 10 trillion branched decision tree of splendid victory, JUGGERNAUT ATTACKS WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

Sep 2008
    315 New York

Quote Originally Posted by bocci View Post

Also, with that SB, how would you board against an average Survival deck? Mostly, it seems like Submerge should come in, but I can't imagine what I should bring out for it.
    I first started out with the same thoughts as you. I was playing no fetchies/duals. And i played back to basics, but the fact is the reason you play red spash is to exponentially improve some match ups.

Clay Aiken
    Jun 2005
    Mooshie's Grove

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Mafia View Post
    I first started out with the same thoughts as you. I was playing no fetchies/duals. And i played back to basics, but the fact is the reason you play red spash is to exponentially improve some match ups.
    Exponentially? Well, I'm all ears, then! What matchups do the red splash improve and why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeless View Post
    Your Source for Hurt Feelings and Naming Cats.

Hallo,

Regarding my SB options I choose.

I had 2x Echoing Truth in my SB at my last tournament. And I have never sided them in. There was no need for that. I had it there instead of 2x T. Crypt. I knew, that there will be no ichorid.

Now I have 4x "free" spots there. 2x Krosan Grip and 2x T. Crypt. In the Larger tournaments, I WANT to have the T.Crypts there.

The Krosan Grip is there mainly for Couterbalance, which is quite played here. But itīs spot can be used also for 2x Echoing Truth. It is more easy to counter with Counterbalance, but it can target "everything".

RED COLOUR IN MD:

I have Red colour in MD because of mass removal - 2xPyroclasm and 1x Firespount + 3x REB. It is really perfect card. Against a lot of decks. Almost "every" deck play blue....

ZUZY

Thread Information