Page 6 of 239 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist

bring me water!
    Feb 2008

Re: [Deck] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist

yea the red splash i think right now is the best has.has anyone noticed the rise of 43 land again?or is it just me.

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

Quote Originally Posted by neckfire View Post
    yea the red splash i think right now is the best has.has anyone noticed the rise of 43 land again?or is it just me.
    Ever heard of a shift key? It helps you make capital letters.

I also don't think any list or splash is the best. It's all about play style and metagames. I like the white splash simply because Oblivion Ring is perfect for this deck, it answers things we hate.

If I were playing against Ichorid alot I would prefer Extirpate over both Jailer and Leyline. Extirpate can't be answered by Ichorid and it's really hard to play around. My problem with Jailer and Leyline vs. Ichorid is they can just bounce them(unless you have a shitton of counter in hand). Extirpate is also tank in other MU's such as Aggro Loam, Fetchland Tendrils, and Iggy pop.
    Team Hammafist-We don't take kindly to those who don't take kindly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jander78 View Post
    You still have to appreciate a well timed "fuck yall niggas" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    WotC should either stop printing such good blue creatures or start printing more Hammerfist Giants
    "Got any trade boogas?"

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Quote Originally Posted by HammafistRoob View Post
    I also don't think any list or splash is the best. It's all about play style and metagames. I like the white splash simply because Oblivion Ring is perfect for this deck, it answers things we hate.

If I were playing against Ichorid alot I would prefer Extirpate over both Jailer and Leyline. Extirpate can't be answered by Ichorid and it's really hard to play around. My problem with Jailer and Leyline vs. Ichorid is they can just bounce them(unless you have a shitton of counter in hand). Extirpate is also tank in other MU's such as Aggro Loam, Fetchland Tendrils, and Iggy pop.
    I agree with Roob 100%, no splash or variant of DS is more superior than another. It's completely dependant on your meta and what you play against the most.
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

awesomeness
    Jul 2007
    Germany

Gratz @ winning the tournament with a red splash, but i dont like the idea of playing REB.
    In a LS & trash Meta i would play the white splash with Oblivion Ring and BtB in the SB.
    So you can also handle 43.lands & LS with BtB and remove CB with O.Ring against *****.
    Dont forget the Meddling Mages against those Grips or Combo.

All Dreadstill variants are good in ther specific metagame, but the white one seems best in a blind or random meta.

Jul 2007
    Enfield, CT

Quote Originally Posted by Ch@os View Post
    All Dreadstill variants are good in ther specific metagame, but the white one seems best in a blind or random meta.
    I think that prize goes to the green splash because K. Grip is just so broken in the meta right now.
    Still looking for FBB Lightning Bolts. German or Korean is preferred. PM me if you have them

Quote Originally Posted by Slay View Post
    Drunk texting is ballin'. Anyone can slur into a phone, but it takes a real man to fumble over tiny buttons to make a semi-coherent message and send it to someone.
    -Slay

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

If I were expecting to see more Counter/top Thresh than I did I would've definetally been running the Green Splash. Red Splash gives you outs against Landstill which has been seeing a growth as of late in my meta.
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Roodmistah View Post
    If I were expecting to see more Counter/top Thresh than I did I would've definetally been running the Green Splash. Red Splash gives you outs against Landstill which has been seeing a growth as of late in my meta.
    Really, why haven't I seen any yet?

Also, I'm really trying to figure out which lsit is the stongest in the mirror. I beat a Ug build with Goyfs and Grips with my white list. It might just be because I know the deck well and the guy I played against picked it up like 2 days before the tournament. I would like to hear what you guys think about the mirror match.
    WotC should either stop printing such good blue creatures or start printing more Hammerfist Giants
    "Got any trade boogas?"

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Landstill players are drawn to me for some odd reasons, it seems like I'm always facing one in first round of a tournament. Green Splash is probally the strongest against the mirror, K Grip and possible (Goyf) from the board is a beating in the mirror matchup. If you honestly wanted you could literally just go strait up Goyf beat and not even have to use your Dreadnoughts to win for the mirror.

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

I think that White is probably the strongest in the mirror. With O Rings in the main you should almost always win game one since the other lists don't run maindeck answers to Dreadnought(except a one-of EE). You can bring in Mages against Ug to stop Krosan Grips and then the only answer they have to Nought is EE. I know resolving a Mage to win isn't a very good game plan, Ug will no doubt have a stronger match post board, but I think pulling out one of the post board games shouldn't be that difficult. White also has 6 cards to reveal off CB to counter a Krosan Grip if you play it right.
    "Got any trade boogas?"

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Has anyone else felt a need for 2-3 EE's in the sideboard for the pure aggro matchups? I'm debating upping my total amount of EE's to 3 or 4.

awesomeness
    Jul 2007
    Germany

Really?
    Against what? Goblin?
    The real aggrodecks like Beatz or Zoo are dead or played by under ~5% of the people.
    But against *****/WW they are gorgeous

Here my list iam testing at the weekend:

Mainboard:

Lands: [19]

3 Tundra
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Polluted Delta
    1 Plains
    5 Island
    4 Mishra's Factory

Creatures: [7]

4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    3 Trinked Mage

Spells: [34]

4 Stifle
    2 Trickbind
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Standstill
    3 Counterbalance
    2 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Oblivion Ring
    1 Engineered Explosives
    3 Spell Snare
    4 Force of Will
    4 Daze

Sideboard:

4 Meddling Mage
    2 BEB
    2 Engineered Explosives
    3 Tormod's Crypt
    3 Back to Basics
    1 Pithing Needle

Tom MacDonald
    May 2007
    Stoughton, MA

Looks good Ch@os but I would go down to 2 tundra's and add another basic Island, you want more basics for your own B2B's and against Moons and wastelands also you never really need more than 1 white source.
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

Apr 2007
    Italy

Have you guys tested 1x tormod's crypt maindeck? could be usefull...

awesomeness
    Jul 2007
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by slyfer View Post
    Yes, but needle is also usefull or maybe shackles or ... this list has no end and i must cut somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JanValentine00 View Post
    Looks good Ch@os but I would go down to 2 tundra's and add another basic Island, you want more basics for your own B2B's and against Moons and wastelands also you never really need more than 1 white source.
    ~, in some matchups MM comes in, with Oblivion Ring there are 7 white cards MB. Fetchies work under B2B, so 6 Fetchies & 6 Basics = 12 usefull lands.
    Only 7 nonbasics are in the board, and against some wastelands/Port/Sinkhole/whatever i dont like the idea to have only one other Tundra/whitesource MB. But again it depends on playstyle and sure you can replace one Tundra with another Island or Academy Ruins maybe ;>. I'll test another Island and see how it works.

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Quote Originally Posted by slyfer View Post
    Problem is, it has limited uses in many matches I can't see any reason to maindeck this over Needle or anything else in the main. Also if you were to run a Tormod's Crypt main you would surely need 1 Academy main.

Nov 2006
    Shelton, CT

So why not run acadamey main. You have one explosive that you cant recur which would seem like you would have a hard time trying to get rid of things in the board. Tormod's is realy good against most decks in the meta and having one dead card in a few matchups beats not having it where it does shine.
    Call me Ishmael

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

We already run enough colorless mana sources as it is, I really wouldn't cut a Wasteland for an Acadamy and surely not any of my blue sources. Crypt is often times then a dead card to draw and it would have only limited uses where as Needle almost always has something you can get, even fetchlands if you need. Plus the decks where it shines against we already have positive matchups against except Ichorid. And postboard, Ichorid matchup is in our favor.

Itīs just more individual party in your head.
    Apr 2007
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Roodmistah View Post
    We already run enough colorless mana sources as it is, I really wouldn't cut a Wasteland for an Acadamy and surely not any of my blue sources. Crypt is often times then a dead card to draw and it would have only limited uses where as Needle almost always has something you can get, even fetchlands if you need. Plus the decks where it shines against we already have positive matchups against except Ichorid. And postboard, Ichorid matchup is in our favor.

With Crypt Maindeck I never lost a Match at a tournament. I faced Dredge four times now and won every Match.

I'm running the white splash of the deck, but I'm currently running...

Lands: [19]

1 Tundra
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Polluted Delta
    1 Plains
    4 Island
    4 Mishra's Factory
    1 Academy Ruins

Creatures: [7]

4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    4 Trinket Mage

Spells: [34]

4 Stifle
    2 Trickbind
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Standstill
    3 Counterbalance
    2 Sensei's Divining Top
    2 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Pithing Needle/Tormod's Crypt - Can't decide
    1 Engineered Explosives
    3 Spell Snare
    4 Force of Will
    3 Daze

Similar to Choas' List except
    +1 Academy Ruins
    +2 Swords to Plowshares

I really think Swords is superior to both Daze and Spell Snare.

Daze is insane early game, but really starts sucking late game, which this deck goes into often thanks to Standstill. I think it works best as a 3 of since you get more benefit from your opponent playing around it.

and I have to say, I absolutely love both changes.

Academy Ruins is absolutely fantastic as a one of in this deck, letting you recur Dreadnoughts, EEs, Pithing Needles, everything.

But StP is the card that I want to talk about. Boy is this card good with standstill. Take out their threat, lay down Standstill is an absolutely fantastic play.

So much so that I want to play 4 MD Swords to Plowshares, or atleast 3.

Or perhaps I will play 2 Swords and 2 Oblivion Rings.

The problem is, I have absolutely no clue as to what I should cut to make this possible.

Any suggestions?

And Choas, do you think it's a mistake for me to run StP over Oblivion Ring. I like how fast StP is and how well it works in letting me play Standstill early. But maybe I'm making a mistake.

awesomeness
    Jul 2007
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
    And Choas, do you think it's a mistake for me to run StP over Oblivion Ring. I like how fast StP is and how well it works in letting me play Standstill early. But maybe I'm making a mistake.
    No, its a meta decision, against Lackey, 1.turn Hippie or 2. Turn Breakfast Ghoul or against stupid burn Sword is a good choice. Angainst an more "controlish" Meta O.Ring will solve your problems.

@List:
    Iam not a big fan of playing 3 Daze, also i have kicked the needle/crypt/whatever slot, but my list is above ;p. Apart from that you can sure play this list.

Thread Information