Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No more hot lands...

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Re: No more hot lands...

Right now I use JPN BB 4th Islands, Mirage Plains (NOT the one with Zebras. Hate that one. It's the one with the blue sky), Portal 2 Mountains, Odyssey Forests (Like them, but want better), No swamps (don't play any black :(, but still want to pick some up.) I really want to get some nice Forests and Swamps, but I just don't like beta unless they were Mountains (Your first Mountain pic is the best, Pinder). Guru... HAWT but I ruled those out when I would of spent 200 on just the basics.

Any ENGLISH, fairly cheap Forests and Swamps? Preferably old border. I like Beta, but I think it will clash with Wild Growth :(. Wow that sounded so lame. US and Mirage don't do it for me.

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

And Asian, while we're at it:

Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

Is not Goyf
    Jan 2005
    California

Mirage lands are definitely some of the best around and easy to obtain. I've also been attached to this Odyssey Island for some time now. Rob Alexander is definitely my favorite artists. He does a lot of land art (i.e. Fetchlands and cool basic land pics). The Unhinged Swamp & Island are amazing. It's easy to see why the Unhingeds Island is the most sought out card from the Unhinged set. I was trying to post pics of the lands but couldn't. Can some one help me out?

Mirage Mountain:
    http://findmagiccards.com/Cards/MR/Mountain.html

Unhinged Island:
    http://findmagiccards.com/Cards/UH/Island__137_.html

Unhinged Swamp:
    http://findmagiccards.com/Cards/UH/Swamp__138_.html

Odyssey Island:
    http://findmagiccards.com/Cards/OD/Island_D.html

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

Personally, my favorites are the APAC and GURU lands. After that, it's probably a mix of Urza's Saga, Ravnica, and Time Spiral stuff. Unglued and Unhinged are nice, but I'm getting kinda bored of the borders on them. Unhinged foils are still sex though.

Boy George?
    Oct 2005
    Australia

No love for the APAC Plains with the sunflowers?

Quote Originally Posted by pi4meterftw View Post
    Still up for more games, although I must say it's pretty silly to play if you're just going to complain about luck irrationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by pi4meterftw
    I think the massive difference is a fluctuatiuon of luck. Against Piceli I drew fairly well, whereas against green one I mulliganned for mana screw reasons twice and for "hand has no answers in it" like 5 times.

This is the island that I use in decks.

Here are the other basics that I play.

BZK! - Storm Boards

Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

GOB: The Gathering
    Dec 2007

I'm not ashamed to admit that I don't know what APAC & GURU are. But I like some of these lands alot.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Guru Lands:

Plains: $30-40 each
    Mountain: $30-40 each
    Forest: $35-50 each
    Swamp: $40-60 each
    Island: $60-80 each

Set of 5: $200-300

Quote Originally Posted by MagicLibrarities.com
    The Guru program was initiated by Wizards of the Coast at the 12th of July in 1999 to promote Magic more effectively. Participants in the Guru program received a Guru kit which included a Guru book to explain how the program worked, personalized Guru labels, new player referral postcards, and Magic Guru referral cards which looked like a real Magic card. Additionally, special Demogame boosters of Starter level Magic sets and playmats were added on demand. The design of the Guru book changed over time.

Gurus could report new players by sending in one of the new player referral postcards, filled out by the new player and individualized by one of the Guru labels. The new player was then registered in a database and the Guru received 1 Guru point for his work. Additionally both the Guru and the new player were entered into a contest with quarterly prize schedules. Gurus could win a booster box of the current expert level set, new players had a chance to win a $ 100 US gift certificate which could be redeemed at selected stores.

Gurus could also recruit new Gurus by giving them one of the Magic Guru referral cards, personalized with a Guru label. The new Guru could add them to his Guru kit order. If he did, both the referred and the referring Guru received 5 Guru points.

For every 10 Guru points, the Guru received one randomly chosen Guru land and one booster of the latest expert level Magic set. Wizards of the Coast kept a record which lands had been rewarded to insure that after 50 Guru points each Guru had a complete set of Guru lands.

The Guru program was discontinued on February 27, 2001.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

APAC (Asia Pacific) Lands:
    Quote Originally Posted by Librarities
    APAC (Asia-Pacific) lands are alternate art lands that were available to people living in the Asia-Pacific region. The cards were available in three packs: red, blue, and clear. These packs were given to purchasers of boxes of Tempest boosters. The artwork features scenes from around the Asia-Pacific region.
    EURO Lands:
    Quote Originally Posted by Librarities
    Euro lands are alternate art lands that were available to people living in Europe. Their artwork features scenes from around this region. The cards were available in three packs: blue, red, and purple. These packs were given to European purchasers of boxes of Nemesis, Prophecy, and Invasion boosters. The bar code of a booster box had to be cut out and mailed to the appropriate Magic distributor in each country to receive one land booster.

GOB: The Gathering
    Dec 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Guru Lands:

Set of 5: $200-300
    Jeez. I don't like Magic THAT much.

Dec 2003
    Dallas Tx, but originally from San Francisco

Summer Lands are also ballin' outta control, just for street cred.. they're kinda like Guru, where not everyone will know and then when you tell em, they drop their jaws.

Arabian Mountains too-- very pimp

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
    Summer Lands are also ballin' outta control, just for street cred.. they're kinda like Guru, where not everyone will know and then when you tell em, they drop their jaws.
    Problem - White border. Otherwise, I'd love 'em.

I have yet to use my Guru Mountain in any deck, but I've used all my other ones. I still need like 1 or 2 more Islands to be able to completely Guru out my basics in all my decks. Of course, I usually play blue. I've got 2 Islands, 2 Swamps, 2 Plains, and 1 each of Forest and Mountain.

Dec 2003

Problem - White border. Otherwise, I'd love 'em.

I have yet to use my Guru Mountain in any deck, but I've used all my other ones. I still need like 1 or 2 more Islands to be able to completely Guru out my basics in all my decks. Of course, I usually play blue. I've got 2 Islands, 2 Swamps, 2 Plains, and 1 each of Forest and Mountain.

But in a way, that kinda makes em more pimp.. cause you have rookies come up to you and say, "wtf, your whole deck is foiled out, why do you have white bordered revised lands?" Then you proceed to tell them about Summer Magic and let them know the price tag.. then they feel dumb and you win.

Arabian Mountains too-- very pimp
    Arabian Nights Mountain looks like ass. They misprinted the wrong Mountain.
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

But in a way, that kinda makes em more pimp.. cause you have rookies come up to you and say, "wtf, your whole deck is foiled out, why do you have white bordered revised lands?" Then you proceed to tell them about Summer Magic and let them know the price tag.. then they feel dumb and you win.
    On the other hand, you're playing a foiled out deck, with WB lands. Plus, you paid an ass-ton for them.

Dec 2003

On the other hand, you're playing a foiled out deck, with WB lands. Plus, you paid an ass-ton for them.
    Ex-actly

p.s.
    I have 2 extra Guru Islands if you wanna call dibs

betas, mirage. I like ravnica/time spiral lands too (although new bordered), or anything John Avon.

I couldn't ever pay 50 euros for guru lands, so they're out of the question for me. but yes, they're the best looking lands ever printed

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Haha, that's funny. You Europeans and your Monopoly money. Euros aren't real, fool.

I'd call dibbs, but I don't feel like trading. Donations are accepted, though.

I've always had a thing for Mirrodin lands, of any sort. Kamigawa Islands are also really nice.

Un- lands are cool, but are overplayed.

'Moving from topic to topic... quite hypnotic'
    Jun 2005
    Melbourne, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by vigilante View Post
    No love for the APAC Plains with the sunflowers?

Found one of these in the store basic land box we use for drafting :)

Thread Information