Page 260 of 279 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 5564

Thread: [Deck] UW(x) Landstill

Oct 2007
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [Deck] UW(x) Landstill

Since the conceptional brainstorm I suggested does not seem to be of interest, here's a straight UW list featuring Delver. I'm sure he was discussed before. Here's what I like about him:
    * makes turn 2 Standstill more reliable, since you can drop it on top of basically any turn one and most turn two creatures our opponents may cast.
    * introduces an additional angle of attack that makes it tricky for opponents to interact/SB
    * helps close games - especially relevant against Combo
    * is on-color, pitchable to FoW
    * can easily be deployed between Standstills, and thus helps "getting rid of" excess cards we otherwise might have to discard (a scenario happening far too often)

4 Delver
    4 SCM
    2 Clique
    4 Standstill
    4 BS
    4 STP
    4 SV
    4 FoW
    3 Snare
    3 CS
    2 Jace
    (38)

8 Fetch
    4 Tundra
    4 Island
    2 Plains
    4 Factory
    (22)

SB:
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Disenchant
    3 Terminus
    3 Flusterstorm
    2 Canonist
    2 BeB
    Last edited by klaus; 05-10-2017 at 06:54 AM.

I don't get what the point of your list is to be honest. How reliable is Delver with only 22 cards that trigger it? How does it contribute in any way to the control plan of the deck? You suggested that if introduces a different angle of attack, helps to close games and to improve combo MUs but that is already accomplished with Clique and Snapcaster in a much for adequate way because they actually fit into the decks plan. How is it in any way reconcilable with Supreme Verdict?

I'm aware that we shouldn't think to conservatively with this deck and not only stick to what Landstill lists used to look like in 2006 or whatever. Im also aware that it's sometimes pretty hiliarous and also strong to simply mix different deck strategies and plans (like you did imo) because people seem to be incapable to cope with such unexpected situations but a Landstill list with Delver doesn't convince me honestly. How did it turn out for you?

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I want to try some old school fun:

3 Jace, TMS
    2 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
    2 Snapcaster Mage

4 STP
    3 Supreme Verdict
    2 Decree of Justice

4 Humility
    4 Standstill
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Ponder
    4 Force of Will
    4 Counterspell

3 Island
    2 Plains
    3 Tundra
    1 Underground Sea
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Polluted Delta
    4 Mishra's Factory
    2 Wasteland

//BOARD//

2 Zealous Persecution
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Surgical Extraction
    3 Flusterstorm
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Disenchant
    2 Exalted Angel (since I want to)

That's an awful list to be honest. It's way too packed in the high CC area while you only run 22 lands and merely 4 Stops to survive the early game. It needs way more early removal and most importantly has to be thinned out in the high cc area.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    That's an awful list to be honest. It's way too packed in the high CC area while you only run 22 lands and merely 4 Stops to survive the early game. It needs way more early removal and most importantly has to be thinned out in the high cc area.
    Of course it's awful, that's why I posted it. I said I wanted to try some old school Landstill.

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Of course it's awful, that's why I posted it. I said I wanted to try some old school Landstill.
    Yes but even the oldschool lists had a better balance of high and low CC or early and lategame cards.

Hey all,

I'm a legacy noob, so bear with me. I decided I want to get into Legacy, and I wanted to play with these Jaces I already have as well as the new Gideon, so here I am. If y'all could offer any constructive criticism on my list, I'd appreciate it.

//Artifacts
    2 Engineered Explosives
    //Enchantments
    4 Standstill
    2 Humility
    //Planeswalker
    2 Gideon of the Trials
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    //Instants
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    4 Counterspell
    2 Spell Pierce
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Path to Exile
    //Sorceries
    3 Ponder
    2 Supreme Verdict
    // Lands
    4 Mishra's Factory
    3 Wasteland
    4 Tundra
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Arid Mess
    3 Island
    2 Plains

Sideboard still in progress. Currently looking at some number of the following Rest in Peace, Containment Priest, Hallowed Moonlight, Disenchant, Sunlance, Gut Shot, Crucible of Worlds, Dust Bowl, Elspeth. Flusterstorm too, but I don't own any.

Any SB recommendations would be great. Am I crazy with the third wasteland? Is Gideon of the Trials fine? I know he dies to Abrupt Decay, but how big of a deal is that?

Thanks!

Jul 2015
    Florianópolis, BR

After 121 matches playing (+- 100 on cockatrice and the rest IRL) i'm currently with these statistics:

Matches: 121
    Wins: 75 (62%)
    Loss: 45 (37%)
    Draw: 1 (1%)

Total Games: 297
    Wins: 170 (57%)
    Loss: 127 (43%)

I'm playing currently with the following list:

/// MD - 60:

4 Snapcaster Mage
    2 True-Name Nemesis

4 Standstill
    1 Humility
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

1 Council's Judgment
    1 Engineered Explosives
    2 Terminus
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Lightning Bolt

4 Force of Will
    2 Counterspell
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder

4 Mishra's Factory
    2 Tundra
    3 Volcanic Island
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Island
    2 Plains
    1 Arid Mesa
    3 Polluted Delta

/// SB:

SB: 1 Containment Priest
    SB: 2 Vendilion Clique
    SB: 1 Grim Lavamancer
    SB: 1 Wear // Tear
    SB: 2 Pyroblast
    SB: 1 Red Elemental Blast
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 3 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 From the Ashes
    SB: 1 Ensnaring Bridge ***

Major changes:
    - Terminus over Supreme Verdict: Delver turned out to be a harder game than expected, especially Grixis-Stifle versions, when get 1wwu is VERY hard. More, with terminus we can clean the board and play standstill in the same turn.
    - 2 TNNs in: TNN help us against delver, eldrazi and is the best way to win G1 against any punishing fire deck. More, we can change sides a little bit, playing with pressure when needed. This guy is fucking crazy in this control shell.
    - One more bolt, one less sweeper: with 2 TNNs, think that we may play with only 2 terminus alongside 3 lightning bolts and 4 swords to plowshares. This factorial division is working great.
    - Blood moon out and one less planeswalker: although blood moon's individual card power and the advantages of a nonblue planes, opting now for 2 TNN.

Side:
    - Vendilion Cliques in; Meddling Mages out: when developing the first version, i thought that with the lack of counterbalance lock we would need some hard answer against ANT, Sneak and show etc. I actually found that our matchup against combo is already very good, and the versatility of Vendilion Clique gives us more edge on other matches, like death and taxes (where we need to side out standstill).
    - From the Ashes over Blood Moon: Just played the last 15 matches with this card and i'm really liking.
    - Grim lavamancer: Changed because pyroclasm or kozilek's return would kill our creatures too. And i'm really liking, specially against delver (hard matchup), infect and d&t.
    - One flex slot: currently i'm playing ensnaring bridge (eldrazi and sneak and show), but this is a flex slot: pithing needle (d&t, shaman, sneak and show), ethersworn canonist (burn, elves, ant, high tide, food chain), sudden demise (elves, delver, d&t) or submerge (marit lage, infect, delver). Maybe Rest for the weary or Timely reinforcements (burn, ur delver). At the moment: Blessed Alliance (burn, eldrazi, sneak and show, tnn, reanimate).

Still trying to find some place to faerie conclave, but don't know which land take out: 1) i don't want to play under 3 islands and 2 plains; 2): i don't know if 7 fetches will impair the stability; and 3) i don't know if 3 mishra's-1 faerie is better, and i was trying to play with 5 manlands.

Great matchups:
    - ANY midrange;
    - Combos;
    - Czech pile (i'm 8-1).

Hard matchups:
    - Grixis Delver (maybe with the currently list this will change)
    - Eldrazi

When side out Standstill:
    - D&T;
    - Goblins;
    - Lands (all 4 standstills out);
    - BG Depths (all 4 standstills out);
    - Infect;
    - Delver, when on draw.

Join the still! Take your time. Pass.
    Last edited by Stefanogs; 05-20-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanogs View Post

When side out Standstill:
    - D&T;
    - Goblins;
    - Lands (all 4 standstills out);
    - BG Depths (all 4 standstills out);
    - Infect;
    - Delver, when on draw.
    Great analysis so far! Could you elaborate on the rationale behind siding out all 4 Standstills against the Lands/BG Depths. Aren't they still live against the Lands player trying to cast Loam/Punishing Fire, etc? Against the other decks that you're not siding out all the Standstills, how many are you taking out and what's the reasoning behind it?

Jul 2015
    Florianópolis, BR

Quote Originally Posted by koten View Post
    Great analysis so far! Could you elaborate on the rationale behind siding out all 4 Standstills against the Lands/BG Depths. Aren't they still live against the Lands player trying to cast Loam/Punishing Fire, etc? Against the other decks that you're not siding out all the Standstills, how many are you taking out and what's the reasoning behind it?
    BG Depths and, specially, Lands may just draw thespian + dark depths and we will be obligated to break the still :s. Lands is even worse, because plays wasteland and rishadan port (tap manland). We take care of punishing fire and loam with Vendilion and Surgical (=
    - For the same reason we side out against infect (inkmoth and pendelhaven).
    - For the same reason we side out some number against d&t and goblins (port + wasteland).

Against Delver, on draw, is just because we need, first, to survive and just then we may think about card advantage.

So... Against D&T, Goblins and Delver, there are just some better cards on sideboard, ex.:

D&T:
    - Out: -2 counterspell, -3/4 standstill
    - In: +1 wear/ tear, +2 vendilion clique, +1 grim lavamancer, +1 containment priest and +0/1 flex slot (pithing needle, izzet staticaster, another lavamancer etc). Currently, i take out 3 standstills.

Grixis Delver (with Stifle), on Draw:
    - Out: -2 Counterspell, -4 standstill, -2 Jace, TMS, -2 fow
    - In: +3 Flusterstorm, +2 Pyroblast, +1 REB, +1 Grim lavamancer, +2 vendilion clique, +1 from the ashes
    Last edited by Stefanogs; 05-19-2017 at 10:11 PM.

You're not finding Humility awkward while running TNN and no token producing planeswalker?
    Cockatrice: Bosque

Jul 2015
    Florianópolis, BR

Humility is the best card against sneak and show, death and Taxes, Aluren, food chain, Maverick, Goblins, lands, 4c loam, merfolk.

Well, we play with Brainstorm, so you may shuffle away humility when you don't want it. It's a "nombo" with tnn, but the deal is: I lose TNN, but I win the game (damn, just lost The Game).

With TNN I already reduced to only 2 sweepers, so I don't think we need to do further adjustments.

More, humility is still great without Elspeth, because it is already strong with manlands. Humility is great even with Snapcaster.

No argument that Humility is a great card, just that it may be awkward at times with the TNN/Snapcaster game. But I guess if they spend resources to beat the TNN/Snapcaster game, you just slam Humility.
    Cockatrice: Bosque

Jul 2015
    Florianópolis, BR

Quote Originally Posted by Bosque View Post
    No argument that Humility is a great card, just that it may be awkward at times with the TNN/Snapcaster game. But I guess if they spend resources to beat the TNN/Snapcaster game, you just slam Humility.
    ^This!

Miracles is starting to make a splash again. Do you think Landstill is still the better control deck when compared to the current iterations of Miracles?

Jul 2015
    Florianópolis, BR

Yes, i do!

Jun 2008
    Central NY

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanogs View Post
    Still trying to find some place to faerie conclave, but don't know which land take out: 1) i don't want to play under 3 islands and 2 plains; 2): i don't know if 7 fetches will impair the stability; and 3) i don't know if 3 mishra's-1 faerie is better, and i was trying to play with 5 manlands.
    How badly do you think you need Volc #3? Maybe shave one for the conclave?

Ho guys.

After sdt ban i've decidet to try Uwr landstill and, so far, i've had a lot of fun playing it.
    The problem here is that i'am having an hard time here: the deck it's far from "easy", expecially for a former Miracles player who's not use to use resource properly...

My list it's something near to what i reded in this primer, but i wuoud love to hear some thougts from an experience player

I've used some old ideas in this post; i realyzed that it's probably outdated but i tryed anyways.
    So far i've loved the Tutor, but i'am open minded.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

It's pretty far out from what is normally posted here, but I think I'm going to try something like this out this weekend at my monthly

4 Noble Hierarch
    2 Birds of Paradise
    3 Renegade Rallier
    4 Tarmogoyf
    3 Shardless Agent
    2 Vendillion Clique

4 Brainstorm
    4 STP
    2 JTMS
    3 Force of Will
    3 Standstill

2 Trop
    2 Savannah
    1 Tundra
    1 Forest
    1 Plains
    1 Island
    8 Fetch
    3 Waste
    3 Factory

Haven't decided on the SB yet, but we'll see. I mostly want to live the dream and Rally back a dead standstill or shardless into it. I need to figure out the last few slots. Might be pridemages, might be terrible urza's baubles, I don't know yet. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Jul 2013
    Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    It's pretty far out from what is normally posted here, but I think I'm going to try something like this out this weekend at my monthly

4 Noble Hierarch
    2 Birds of Paradise
    3 Renegade Rallier
    4 Tarmogoyf
    3 Shardless Agent
    2 Vendillion Clique

4 Brainstorm
    4 STP
    2 JTMS
    3 Force of Will
    3 Standstill

2 Trop
    2 Savannah
    1 Tundra
    1 Forest
    1 Plains
    1 Island
    8 Fetch
    3 Waste
    3 Factory

Haven't decided on the SB yet, but we'll see. I mostly want to live the dream and Rally back a dead standstill or shardless into it. I need to figure out the last few slots. Might be pridemages, might be terrible urza's baubles, I don't know yet. Any suggestions?
    Cut the dorks and play 4 mox diamonds and a couple more manlands for t1 Standstill? Maybe Faerie Conclave/reach guy?

I'm obsessed with doing that at some point. Also finding space for a crop rotation package and/or Teferi's Response for when they stp your factory. And Loam or Crucible.

Thread Information