Page 261 of 279 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,220 of 5564

Thread: [Deck] UW(x) Landstill

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013
    Woodstock, Georgia, America

Re: [Deck] UW(x) Landstill

Not sure the last time I posted on the source or in any of these threads but here is my last Landstill list I will be playing this weekend.

Missing cards are Myth Realized, My China set is in the mail.
    Soldier Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Isn't the reward for an IQ the right to play standard? I'd rather get rickets.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Hyper1on and Neil (not sure if he is on here?) recently got me to play standstill.

I've played 5 leagues so far, going 4-1, 4-1, 3-2, 3-2 and 2-3.
    This is the list I've been enjoying so far:

The Nev Disk has been absurdly outstanding. I've liked the stifles somewhat, as people are pretty bad at playing against that card as a whole (Do your things in inopportune times for me so I can't just draw and go.)

Apr 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    Hyper1on and Neil (not sure if he is on here?) recently got me to play standstill.

The Nev Disk has been absurdly outstanding. I've liked the stifles somewhat, as people are pretty bad at playing against that card as a whole (Do your things in inopportune times for me so I can't just draw and go.)
    Saw you playing this on Twitch... did it feel competitive? As a former miracles player, truely wish this could turn into a 'real deck' again.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by prepare4robots View Post
    Saw you playing this on Twitch... did it feel competitive? As a former miracles player, truely wish this could turn into a 'real deck' again.
    I feel like the deck is good; It utterly demolishes True-Name and delver of secrets decks, but in the grindy midrange not-all-in-on-true-name it seems slightly harder.

I played (and have been for a while) utterly awful, so there's that. I did go 15-5 in four leagues with it, so that's something at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Not sure the last time I posted on the source or in any of these threads but here is my last Landstill list I will be playing this weekend.

Missing cards are Myth Realized, My China set is in the mail.
    This list has some interesting spice. How are the Myth Realized doing in regards for going in for the kill?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Went 3-2 top 8 and lose with Rallier Still. Deck certainly has its issues that I could fix, but not bad for the first matches I've ever played with the deck considering I did 0 testing. Also had very weird match ups that were probably bad for me. Got a bye. Lost to DnT, beat goblins, beat pox, lost to elves, lost to DnT in top 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post

Your image appears to be broken, and I'm pretty curious to see this list. Hyper1on was telling me about Neil playing this list, and I'm dying to see after he told the story of blowing out Saito with the Disk.

Apr 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Purely theory crafting at the moment, but also trying to apply some lesions I learned from miracles. Namely, four Ponder are good and add a lot of consistency. CJ is an excellent catch all answer, especially in a TNN / Leovold format. Would love some constructive criticism before I start smacking games with it.

Creatures:3
    3 Snapcaster Mage

Spells:33
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Stifle
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Counterspell
    4 Standstill
    2 Council's Judgment
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    2 Supreme Verdict
    4 Force of Will

Lands:24
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Island
    4 Mishra's Factory
    2 Plains
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Tundra
    4 Wasteland

The other direction I've considered taking it was removing the Stifles and adding more Monastary Mentor...

Quote Originally Posted by prepare4robots View Post
    trying to apply some lesions I learned from miracles.
    That sounds painful.

Jul 2015
    Florianópolis, BR

I'll share my current list of Still Miracles. I have 302 matches post ban, with 62% win rate. Also, i have 99 matches with this version (with wastelands and MD Mentors), with 68% win rate. Indeed, i still feel that delver matchup is hard, maybe i have to work this.

Last sunday i played a 47 pp tournament, getting 3rd, only losing to Bug Delver.

Check this:

// 60 Still Miracles
    3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    3 Monastery Mentor
    1 Vendilion Clique

4 Standstill
    1 Engineered Explosives
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Force of Will
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Counterspell
    4 Ponder
    4 Terminus

// 23 Land
    3 Mishra's Factory
    2 Tundra
    3 Volcanic Island
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Island
    1 Plains
    1 Arid Mesa
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Wasteland

// 15 Sideboard
    SB: 1 Relic of Progenitus
    SB: 1 Crucible of Worlds
    SB: 1 Containment Priest
    SB: 1 Vendilion Clique
    SB: 1 Ethersworn Canonist
    SB: 1 Humility
    SB: 2 Pyroblast
    SB: 1 Red Elemental Blast
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 3 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 Wear // Tear
    Last edited by Stefanogs; 06-22-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Nov 2016
    Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanogs View Post
    After 121 matches playing (+- 100 on cockatrice and the rest IRL) i'm currently with these statistics:

Matches: 121
    Wins: 75 (62%)
    Loss: 45 (37%)
    Draw: 1 (1%)

Total Games: 297
    Wins: 170 (57%)
    Loss: 127 (43%)

I'm playing currently with the following list:

/// MD - 60:

4 Snapcaster Mage
    2 True-Name Nemesis

4 Standstill
    1 Humility

1 Council's Judgment
    1 Engineered Explosives
    2 Terminus
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Lightning Bolt

4 Force of Will
    2 Counterspell
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder

4 Mishra's Factory
    2 Tundra
    3 Volcanic Island
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Island
    2 Plains
    1 Arid Mesa
    3 Polluted Delta

/// SB:

SB: 2 Vendilion Clique
    SB: 1 Grim Lavamancer
    SB: 1 From the Ashes
    SB: 1 Ensnaring Bridge ***

Major changes:
    - Terminus over Supreme Verdict: Delver turned out to be a harder game than expected, especially Grixis-Stifle versions, when get 1wwu is VERY hard. More, with terminus we can clean the board and play standstill in the same turn.
    - 2 TNNs in: TNN help us against delver, eldrazi and is the best way to win G1 against any punishing fire deck. More, we can change sides a little bit, playing with pressure when needed. This guy is fucking crazy in this control shell.
    - One more bolt, one less sweeper: with 2 TNNs, think that we may play with only 2 terminus alongside 3 lightning bolts and 4 swords to plowshares. This factorial division is working great.
    - Blood moon out and one less planeswalker: although blood moon's individual card power and the advantages of a nonblue planes, opting now for 2 TNN.

Side:
    - Vendilion Cliques in; Meddling Mages out: when developing the first version, i thought that with the lack of counterbalance lock we would need some hard answer against ANT, Sneak and show etc. I actually found that our matchup against combo is already very good, and the versatility of Vendilion Clique gives us more edge on other matches, like death and taxes (where we need to side out standstill).
    - From the Ashes over Blood Moon: Just played the last 15 matches with this card and i'm really liking.
    - Grim lavamancer: Changed because pyroclasm or kozilek's return would kill our creatures too. And i'm really liking, specially against delver (hard matchup), infect and d&t.
    - One flex slot: currently i'm playing ensnaring bridge (eldrazi and sneak and show), but this is a flex slot: pithing needle (d&t, shaman, sneak and show), ethersworn canonist (burn, elves, ant, high tide, food chain), sudden demise (elves, delver, d&t) or submerge (marit lage, infect, delver). Maybe Rest for the weary or Timely reinforcements (burn, ur delver). At the moment: Blessed Alliance (burn, eldrazi, sneak and show, tnn, reanimate).

Still trying to find some place to faerie conclave, but don't know which land take out: 1) i don't want to play under 3 islands and 2 plains; 2): i don't know if 7 fetches will impair the stability; and 3) i don't know if 3 mishra's-1 faerie is better, and i was trying to play with 5 manlands.

Great matchups:
    - ANY midrange;
    - Combos;
    - Czech pile (i'm 8-1).

Hard matchups:
    - Grixis Delver (maybe with the currently list this will change)
    - Eldrazi

When side out Standstill:
    - D&T;
    - Goblins;
    - Lands (all 4 standstills out);
    - BG Depths (all 4 standstills out);
    - Infect;
    - Delver, when on draw.

Join the still! Take your time. Pass.
    I've been playing with this at our weekly legacy events. I mainly play Tezzerator and dabble in other decks, and prior to the top ban I was only a handful pieces away from Miracles. I don't like the "new" Miracles deck, it just doesn't feel as fun (and I enjoy decks that have some sort of hard lock). This UWr Landstill deck is tickling my control itch in exactly the right way.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    ╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Repost this if~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~you are a beautiful strong tezz player~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~who don't need no tier 1 deck~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanogs View Post
    I'll share my current list of Still Miracles. I have 302 matches post ban, with 62% win rate. Also, i have 99 matches with this version (with wastelands and MD Mentors), with 68% win rate. Indeed, i still feel that delver matchup is hard, maybe i have to work this.

Last sunday i played a 47 pp tournament, getting 3rd, only losing to Bug Delver.

Check this:

// 60 Still Miracles
    3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    3 Monastery Mentor
    1 Vendilion Clique

4 Standstill
    1 Engineered Explosives
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Force of Will
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Counterspell
    4 Ponder
    4 Terminus

// 23 Land
    3 Mishra's Factory
    2 Tundra
    3 Volcanic Island
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Island
    1 Plains
    1 Arid Mesa
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Wasteland

// 15 Sideboard
    SB: 1 Relic of Progenitus
    SB: 1 Crucible of Worlds
    SB: 1 Vendilion Clique
    SB: 1 Humility
    Since you cut bolts do you feel you need more volcs than tundras?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Went 3-2 top 8 and lose with Rallier Still. Deck certainly has its issues that I could fix, but not bad for the first matches I've ever played with the deck considering I did 0 testing. Also had very weird match ups that were probably bad for me. Got a bye. Lost to DnT, beat goblins, beat pox, lost to elves, lost to DnT in top 8.
    I didn't see you start brewing, but Rallier + Still does seem sweet. Something that Standstill wants though is loadsa counterspells; since you can force your opponent to not only give you stuff, but fill your hand with counters to the card they used. I've been brewing (as you may have seen) with Spell Queller and Spellstutter Sprite; which may work with the standstill theme since it drops dudes, stops your opp for a second, then you can untap, cast rallier, and get Still back on the field once you've unloaded enough.

Stutter is quite good with Mutavault, so you don't need to go the Blossom route like I have (though I would consider it, since Blossom is not only a brutal card, but it would produce threats under Standstill. It has a 7/8 turn clock exactly like Delver.)

I would also think that with all the CA, having Chrome Mox x2 (and maybe a singleton Gemstone Caverns) to speed things up. If you go Blossom, you'll be in part black, and DRS is always more speed-up/combo protection.

If my current brew starts doing shitty, I'll swap the Wastelands for Mutavaults, and stifles for Standstills I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindarin View Post
    Hey all,

I'm a legacy noob, so bear with me. I decided I want to get into Legacy, and I wanted to play with these Jaces I already have as well as the new Gideon, so here I am. If y'all could offer any constructive criticism on my list, I'd appreciate it.

//Artifacts
    2 Engineered Explosives
    //Enchantments
    4 Standstill
    2 Humility
    //Planeswalker
    2 Gideon of the Trials
    //Instants
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    4 Counterspell
    2 Spell Pierce
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Path to Exile
    //Sorceries
    3 Ponder
    2 Supreme Verdict
    // Lands
    4 Mishra's Factory
    3 Wasteland
    4 Tundra
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Arid Mess
    3 Island
    2 Plains

Sideboard still in progress. Currently looking at some number of the following Rest in Peace, Containment Priest, Hallowed Moonlight, Disenchant, Sunlance, Gut Shot, Crucible of Worlds, Dust Bowl, Elspeth. Flusterstorm too, but I don't own any.

Any SB recommendations would be great. Am I crazy with the third wasteland? Is Gideon of the Trials fine? I know he dies to Abrupt Decay, but how big of a deal is that?

Thanks!

I've played a few local events now with this, and while I'm still getting the hang of things, I honestly feel like I can beat anything. Humility does so much work. Currently, I'm 11-5-1, and the draw should have been a win except for poor time management. There have been a few tweaks from the list above. I never allowed myself to play 2 Gideon or 3 Wasteland, so I have no testing with those numbers I had previously asked about. I'm pretty sure both were wrong though.

Current list:
    -1 Humility
    -1 Gideon
    -1 Ponder
    - 1 Counterspell
    -1 Wasteland
    +1 Elspeth
    +1 Spell Snare
    +2 Snapcaster
    +1 Plains

SB:
    1 Vendilion Clique
    1 Containment Priest
    1 Hallowed Moonlight
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Rest in Peace
    1 CoP: Red
    1 Runed Halo
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Dust Bowl
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Pulse of the Fields
    2 Disenchant
    1 Ethersworn Canonist

I'm over prepared for RDW, a matchup I've never faced. I think I still want the CoP:Red, but Runed Halo and Pulse have been useless to bad. I'd like some sort of answer, but I think those slots can be improved.

Gideon has been great, and I've yet to draw him against combo. I can't imagine wanting Ally of Zendikar over it.

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Since you cut bolts do you feel you need more volcs than tundras?
    I'll echo this as well :)

Jul 2015
    Florianópolis, BR

Quote Originally Posted by owerbart View Post
    I'll echo this as well :)
    Still think.. Delver and other wasteland-aggro decks are very difficult matchups, where we need to use Rebs and pyros, also lavamancer, pyroclasm or wear/tear... We cant change for one plains, because we already run few islands, so...

I played UW Landstill in Prague regular tournament (cca 20 players) and went 3:1 with it. Here is the decklist:

2 Snapcaster Mage
    2 True-Name Nemesis

4 Standstill

4 Brainstorm
    2 Spell Snare
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Counterspell
    4 Force of Will
    1 Teferi's Response

1 Arid Mesa
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Island
    4 Mishra's Factory
    2 Plains
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Tundra
    2 Faerie Conclave

4 Ponder
    2 Terminus
    2 Supreme Verdict
    1 Council's Judgment

// SIDEBOARD

1 Pithing Needle
    1 Vendilion Clique
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Containment Priest
    3 Flusterstorm
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Disenchant
    1 Path to Exile
    1 Hydroblast
    1 Karakas
    1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant

I like this UW version, which does not have Pyroblasts to answer Jace, but I like its mana consistency. I would change few things (-1 Spell Snare +1 Spell Pierce; - 1 Faerie Conclave +1 Island, switch Supreme Verdict for the SB Path to Exile). I lost only to 4C Control piloted by its builder Tomas Mar, which is an excelent player, and then defeated two Show and Tells and one Maverick. The only real problem I feel in my local meta is lack of card advantage. In the field of Predicts, Baleful Strixes or Painful Truths it is very hard to keep up. Teferi's Real was a blast, always ruining my opponent :-) True-Name Nemesis and sweepers are together quite fine if you play it carefuly.

Jul 2015
    Florianópolis, BR

Quote Originally Posted by fapsik View Post
    I played UW Landstill in Prague regular tournament (cca 20 players) and went 3:1 with it. Here is the decklist:
    I like this UW version, which does not have Pyroblasts to answer Jace, but I like its mana consistency. I would change few things (-1 Spell Snare +1 Spell Pierce; - 1 Faerie Conclave +1 Island, switch Supreme Verdict for the SB Path to Exile). I lost only to 4C Control piloted by its builder Tomas Mar, which is an excelent player, and then defeated two Show and Tells and one Maverick. The only real problem I feel in my local meta is lack of card advantage. In the field of Predicts, Baleful Strixes or Painful Truths it is very hard to keep up. Teferi's Real was a blast, always ruining my opponent :-) True-Name Nemesis and sweepers are together quite fine if you play it carefuly.
    Hey! Really liked your list. But if you're going to play 2 colors and 23 lands (you may try just 22 lands!) you may play with 3-4 wastelands! Also, i would play with 4 terminus and 0 supreme verdicts (they are just too slow). Teferi's response is cute, but doesnt fit at all... I would go for another snapcaster mage.
    With this list you may experience troubles against burn and other fast red decks. Because of that i changed TNNs for mentors. You may play with 1 maindeck vendilion clique and one karakas.

Gl hf!

For reference, my current list:

// 60 Still Miracles

3 Snapcaster Mage
    3 Monastery Mentor

4 Standstill

1 Engineered Explosives
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Force of Will
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Counterspell
    3 Daze
    4 Ponder
    4 Terminus

// 22 Land
    2 Wasteland
    3 Mishra's Factory
    2 Tundra
    3 Volcanic Island
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Island
    1 Plains
    1 Arid Mesa
    3 Polluted Delta

// 15 Sideboard
    SB: 2 Vendilion Clique
    SB: 1 Rest in Peace
    SB: 2 Wear // Tear

I really like to change 1 or 2 cards of sideboard to play with crucible of worlds and humility.

What do you think about nimble obstructionist in this deck?

Jul 2015
    Florianópolis, BR

Quote Originally Posted by polski View Post
    What do you think about nimble obstructionist in this deck?
    I think that nimble doesn't make the cut, because we need the 3/1 body And one effect, not one Or another. Well, anyway, it's the first time we can "counter" standstill in magic, but i don't think this creature will see any play in legacy, so we don't need to care about it.

Thread Information