Page 263 of 279 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 5564

Thread: [Deck] UW(x) Landstill

Re: [Deck] UW(x) Landstill

Quote Originally Posted by pookierawr View Post
    Hey, thanks for the feedback! I was actually in between two version of the deck, and it kinda came across as a mishmash of the two. One being the more mana denialy version, one being the more PW focused list. Originally the GQ was in there because with the prevalence of duals + crucible, being able to kill their basics seemed useful. I think you're definitely right in the terminus though. I've since updated the list to a bit more streamlined version.

Any thoughts on the PW package? Seems like the occasional gideon is nice for combo/control, but lili seems best with the core resource denial plan of the deck. Obvious JTMS is the GOAT.
    I'm thinking the 1/1/2 is nice for MB, then maybe 2/3 in SB for specific matchups.

I'd love to get peoples thoughts on what they'd run. in the 6 or so PW slots.

Updated list: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/812801#online
    Ran your list at a weekly on Tuesday and went 3-1. Deck felt strong. I'll keep trying it to see what I would change if anything but the main felt great.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sadasar View Post
    Ran your list at a weekly on Tuesday and went 3-1. Deck felt strong. I'll keep trying it to see what I would change if anything but the main felt great.

Awesome! I'm currently working on trying to shore up the mana consistency of the deck. I found myself very often having to fetch T1/T2 of separate colors for DRS/plow, which made double W or B T3 super hard.

My current list scrapped most double color cards and I'm at 3 Jace, 1 Kaya, 3 Snaps for creatures/PW. Sideboard still has Ashiok/LtLH.

I also cut the wastes for more fetches.

I'd definitely love to hear if you have any thoughts on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by pookierawr View Post
    Awesome! I'm currently working on trying to shore up the mana consistency of the deck. I found myself very often having to fetch T1/T2 of separate colors for DRS/plow, which made double W or B T3 super hard.

My current list scrapped most double color cards and I'm at 3 Jace, 1 Kaya, 3 Snaps for creatures/PW. Sideboard still has Ashiok/LtLH.

I also cut the wastes for more fetches.

I'd definitely love to hear if you have any thoughts on it though.
    The color problem with turn one Drs was awkward especially with bs in hand. I'll have to play it a bit more to get a feel but would love to see the updated list. Sad to hear Gideon left the main he was a house for me in certain Matchups. Playing him on an empty board against reanimator was hilarious.

Kaya is pretty hot though. Have to give her a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadasar View Post
    The color problem with turn one Drs was awkward especially with bs in hand. I'll have to play it a bit more to get a feel but would love to see the updated list. Sad to hear Gideon left the main he was a house for me in certain Matchups. Playing him on an empty board against reanimator was hilarious.

Yeah, he's great. T2/T3 vs reanimator or storm was hilarious. He's can also take care decks that require on a few fatties ala batterskull or single eldrazi. And can pressure other PWs under standstill.

I think it's still possible to do double W t3, just probably gotta run more duals/fetchs and be a bit more susceptible to waste/moons. But maybe worth it to enable GotT + sideboard GAoZ

Playing around with it more today. I've forgone the factories assuming that deathrites somewhat take their place. This allows for gids and more double mana without as much worry.
    It also allows for less of a nonbo with back to basics to shore up vs fair decks.

Something more like this https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/846494#online

Been play testing the UW list http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=17758&d=310087&f=LE that did well at this event.

Some thoughts I have... 4 Terminus seemed pretty clunky, wished 1-2 of them was Supreme Verdict at times.

I think a nice split of 2 Verdict, 1 Council's Judgement and 1-2 Terminus would be nice along with 3-4 STP

Myth Realized was awesome and Its so underlooked.

Kinda want to squeeze a 3 Mana Gideon in the list not sure if it has been tried or Search for Azcanta.

Dec 2014
    Philly area

Hey all, haven't seen any movement in this subforum but I think this deck has serious legs. About half a month ago, I was offered the opportunity to play a deck sight unseen at SCG Philly/Valley Forge courtesy of @Mapson. I was handed the following list without seeing anything until I drew the first card in the first round:

4 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Blessed Alliance
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Counterspell
    1 Flusterstorm
    4 Force of Will
    1 Path to Exile
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Spell Snare
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Ponder
    1 Engineered Explosives
    2 Search for Azcanta
    3 Standstill
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Faerie Conclave
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Island
    3 Mishra's Factory
    1 Plains
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Tundra
    3 Wasteland

Sideboard:
    2 Vendilion Clique
    2 Meddling Mage
    1 Disenchant
    1 Hydroblast
    2 Invasive Surgery
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Supreme Verdict
    1 Detention Sphere
    1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar

There were card availability problems- the list ideally would have -1 Island, +1 Mishra's Factory in the maindeck and -1 Detention Sphere, -1 Hydroblast, +1 Crucible of Worlds, +1 Blue Elemental Blast in the board, but the deck has felt phenominal. This particular list is insanely weak against Punishing Fire pre-board, but post-board it gets considerably better. My strategy has been, if I see a Grove, to just scoop to hide information. I could see Myth Realized or Hoofprints of the Stag being useful to combat this.

Overall, the deck felt phenomenal- I beat Patriot Stoneblade 2-0, something else (I think Grixis or BUG Delver? I don't have my notes on me) 2-1, Colorless Eldrazi 2-0, and ID'd with Punishing Maverick (though we played a post-board game and I won that, too) having never seen the deck. I've been playing the list sans card availability problems during local legacy playtesting and it has also felt great there, too, with seemingly close (or better) matches against Pox, Shardless, various Delver flavors, 4c Loam, Infect, various Maverick flavors, plus others.

Search for Azcanta has been amazing and, while I wouldn't mind 3.5 Standstills rather than 3 or 4, Search bridges the gap nicely. The setup is easier than Standstill, Secure the Wastes, or Decree, and augments what Landstill is trying to do exceptionally well, but it's worse against Wasteland. In practice, the vulnerability to Wasteland has not been an issue since it's easy to play around by merely not flipping Search, aggressively using Mishra's Factory, or just Wastelanding opposing Wastelands as they tap out.

Blessed Alliance has also been an all-star by the way, being able to do things like untap your own Mishra's Factory when blocking to double or quadruple pump on the block, or make the Lands matchup actually winnable. The ability to drop 4-6 mana on it is not irrelevant- Landstill ends up with a lot of lands and using that mana effectively is a big deal.

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by mgrinshpon View Post
    Hey all, haven't seen any movement in this subforum but I think this deck has serious legs. About half a month ago, I was offered the opportunity to play a deck sight unseen at SCG Philly/Valley Forge courtesy of @Mapson. I was handed the following list without seeing anything until I drew the first card in the first round:

4 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Blessed Alliance
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Counterspell
    1 Flusterstorm
    4 Force of Will
    1 Path to Exile
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Spell Snare
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Ponder
    1 Engineered Explosives
    2 Search for Azcanta
    3 Standstill
    1 Faerie Conclave
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Island
    3 Mishra's Factory
    1 Plains
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Tundra
    3 Wasteland

Sideboard:
    2 Vendilion Clique
    2 Meddling Mage
    1 Disenchant
    1 Hydroblast
    2 Invasive Surgery
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Supreme Verdict
    1 Detention Sphere
    1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar

There were card availability problems- the list ideally would have -1 Island, +1 Mishra's Factory in the maindeck and -1 Detention Sphere, -1 Hydroblast, +1 Crucible of Worlds, +1 Blue Elemental Blast in the board, but the deck has felt phenominal. This particular list is insanely weak against Punishing Fire pre-board, but post-board it gets considerably better. My strategy has been, if I see a Grove, to just scoop to hide information. I could see Myth Realized or Hoofprints of the Stag being useful to combat this.

Overall, the deck felt phenomenal- I beat Patriot Stoneblade 2-0, something else (I think Grixis or BUG Delver? I don't have my notes on me) 2-1, Colorless Eldrazi 2-0, and ID'd with Punishing Maverick (though we played a post-board game and I won that, too) having never seen the deck. I've been playing the list sans card availability problems during local legacy playtesting and it has also felt great there, too, with seemingly close (or better) matches against Pox, Shardless, various Delver flavors, 4c Loam, Infect, various Maverick flavors, plus others.

Search for Azcanta has been amazing and, while I wouldn't mind 3.5 Standstills rather than 3 or 4, Search bridges the gap nicely. The setup is easier than Standstill, Secure the Wastes, or Decree, and augments what Landstill is trying to do exceptionally well, but it's worse against Wasteland. In practice, the vulnerability to Wasteland has not been an issue since it's easy to play around by merely not flipping Search, aggressively using Mishra's Factory, or just Wastelanding opposing Wastelands as they tap out.

Blessed Alliance has also been an all-star by the way, being able to do things like untap your own Mishra's Factory when blocking to double or quadruple pump on the block, or make the Lands matchup actually winnable. The ability to drop 4-6 mana on it is not irrelevant- Landstill ends up with a lot of lands and using that mana effectively is a big deal.
    I've been playing a similar list. Heavy on counterspells and wanting to stay in 2 colors to keep consistency 4 mishra, 4 waste and a dust bowl which has been amazing

4 Flooded Strand
    2 Polluted Delta
    1 Windswept Heath
    1 Celestial Colonnade
    1 Faerie Conclave
    4 Wasteland
    4 Mishra's Factory
    3 Tundra
    3 Island
    1 Plains
    1 Dust Bowl

4 Snapcaster Mage
    1 True-Name Nemesis

4 Gitaxian Probe

4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    2 Counterspell
    3 Spell Pierce
    3 Spell Snare
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Blessed Alliance

3 Standstill

1 Jace, The Mind Sculptor

Sideboard:

1 Surgical Extraction
    2 Relic of Progenitus
    2 Supreme Verdict
    2 Disenchant
    1 True-Name Nemesis
    1 Pithing Needle
    3 Flusterstorm
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Containment Priest
    1 Crucible of Worlds

Dec 2014
    Philly area

Quote Originally Posted by owerbart View Post
    I've been playing a similar list. Heavy on counterspells and wanting to stay in 2 colors to keep consistency 4 mishra, 4 waste and a dust bowl which has been amazing
    3 Standstill
    0 Search for Azcanta
    Definitely consider 2 Search, probably in place of Gitaxian Probe (which could be Ponder, btw). Search is the perfect compliment to Standstill and is the first major card the deck has gotten in a long time. It's the same 2 mana as Standstill, but can be dropped even in the face of a Deathrite Shaman, one of the worst cards for us to see. It's another engine card late game to get to our Standstills, and it provides early game filtering. The deck is really designed to leverage a mana advantage and dropping 4 lands into a Search activation is a powerful thing to do. Give Search a try- really a game changer.

Legacy open at our lgs this weekend (full moon games, Feb 24th) and I'll be piloting the following list. I've been playing landstill for a couple of months now and this build feels really good. My worst matchups appear to be really fast aggro and this latest revision.did better in testing.

3 Snapcaster Mage

4 Brainstorm
    3 Myth Realized
    3 Ponder
    2 Spell Snare
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Blessed Alliance
    2 Counterspell
    4 Standstill
    2 Council's Judgment
    3 Supreme Verdict
    4 Force of Will

4 Flooded Strand
    4 Island
    3 Mishra's Factory
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Plains
    2 Tundra
    3 Wasteland

Sideboard:15
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Chill
    2 Disenchant
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Back to Basics
    1 Humility

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

I went 5-0 with the list i posted a few posts above, only change was a dispel MD for the lucky charm 61st card, first time playing the deck on paper and it felt great :D

2-1 Burn
    2-0 Burn
    2-0 Sneaky Show
    2-0 Storm
    2-1 12post

By far the MVPs were the gitaxian probes. In this deck knowing what to counter is such a priority, and it felt great. Staying in two colors and consistently having mishras and wastelands meant standstills were much easier to enable. I still believe somewhere in the 60 should be some copies of azcanta... The card seems pretty great in this shell. I have nonclue what to cut tho :(

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Both alphastryk and I played different standstill builds at a hundred man win a mox to pretty good success yesterday. The card seems pretty good in the field, and people still don't know how to play around it
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Both alphastryk and I played different standstill builds at a hundred man win a mox to pretty good success yesterday. The card seems pretty good in the field, and people still don't know how to play around it
    Lists or it didn't happen.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    Lists or it didn't happen.
    Mines posted in the tourney report section on the source. Alpha got top 8 so it'll probably be up on Goldfish or TCdecks at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Yep, I did top8 at our last quarterly / win-a-mox this past Saturday after not having played sanctioned magic in probably a year and a half.

I played this list (which will probably be on some site soon, I dunno):

1 Arid Mesa
    1 Faerie Conclave
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Island
    4 Mishra's Factory
    1 Plains
    1 Polluted Delta
    2 Scalding Tarn
    3 Tundra
    3 Wasteland
    2 Blessed Alliance
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Counterspell
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Flusterstorm
    4 Force of Will
    1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Ponder
    2 Search for Azcanta
    4 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Spell Snare
    3 Standstill
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 True-Name Nemesis

Sideboard:
    1 Blue Elemental Blast
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Invasive Surgery
    2 Meddling Mage
    1 Path to Exile
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    2 Supreme Verdict
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Vendilion Clique

Went 6-1 in the swiss, 0-1 in top8, beating monoblack reanimator, junk, big red, czech pile, grixis delver, and miracles while losing to stoneblade twice (same opponent - in round 4 and in top8)

Deck seemed pretty solid but I felt a little awkward against resolved walkers (especially jace) if I didn't draw a manland in time. I'd consider splashing Red for blast and EE=3 or adding a councils' judgment in the 75 even though its hard to cast. I'm also not sure about playing 3 Counterspells off as few blue sources as I played - maybe Mana Leak is better here? Search for Azcanta was an all-star, I'd even consider playing a 3rd but I don't know what I'd cut.

Not sure when the next time I'll play magic is but this was pretty fun so I'll probably start with something like this.
    Last edited by alphastryk; 03-05-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Yep, I did top8 at our last quarterly / win-a-mox this past Saturday after not having played sanctioned magic in probably a year and a half.

I played this list (which will probably be on some site soon, I dunno):

1 Arid Mesa
    1 Faerie Conclave
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Island
    4 Mishra's Factory
    1 Plains
    1 Polluted Delta
    2 Scalding Tarn
    3 Tundra
    3 Wasteland
    2 Blessed Alliance
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Counterspell
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Flusterstorm
    4 Force of Will
    1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Ponder
    2 Search for Azcanta
    4 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Spell Snare
    3 Standstill
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 True-Name Nemesis

Sideboard:
    1 Blue Elemental Blast
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Invasive Surgery
    2 Meddling Mage
    1 Path to Exile
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    2 Supreme Verdict
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Vendilion Clique

Went 6-1 in the swiss, 0-1 in top8, beating monoblack reanimator, junk, big red, czech pile, grixis delver, and miracles while losing to stoneblade twice (same opponent - in round 4 and in top8)

Deck seemed pretty solid but I felt a little awkward against resolved walkers (especially jace) if I didn't draw a manland in time. I'd consider splashing Red for blast and EE=3 or adding a councils' judgment in the 75 even though its hard to cast. I'm also not sure about playing 3 Counterspells off as few blue sources as I played - maybe Mana Leak is better here? Search for Azcanta was an all-star, I'd even consider playing a 3rd but I don't know what I'd cut.

Not sure when the next time I'll play magic is but this was pretty fun so I'll probably start with something like this.
    i just saw this list on tc decks and my first thing i did was to find out if there any thoughts about this list. tell me why only one jace and how good was the blessed alliance?

Brisbane Legacy regular
    Jan 2009
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Long time no Standstill, but my friend put me onto an interesting Aether Revolt uncommon: Restoration Specialist. Could there be a use for it in the deck? It recurs, notably, Engineered Explosives, Search for Azcanta, Crucible of Worlds, and Standstill, and can be card advantage because you can recur both an artifact and enchantment. You could even play around with Baleful Strix if you were a value fiend. Also, and I admit this is fringe, it is maindeck Dredge hate, because you can sacrifice it with no targets.

It's rather clunky for 3 mana and to be honest, once Standstill let you draw 3 cards there's hardly much need for more CA. The deck shouldn't be further watered down with neat cards because you already have enough of somewhat suboptimal cards to make Standstill work (Standstill itself does nothing and it's enablers tend to be bad too). What I'm surprised about is that people haven't made more use of Myths Realized, this card seems to be as good as Delver in this deck but fits into the overall strategy a bit more.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    It's rather clunky for 3 mana and to be honest, once Standstill let you draw 3 cards there's hardly much need for more CA. The deck shouldn't be further watered down with neat cards because you already have enough of somewhat suboptimal cards to make Standstill work (Standstill itself does nothing and it's enablers tend to be bad too). What I'm surprised about is that people haven't made more use of Myths Realized, this card seems to be as good as Delver in this deck but fits into the overall strategy a bit more.
    Myth is good, but all you are doing is putting a big beater down.

Doesn't further yoruself in the control aspects.

Thread Information